Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Chimamanda On Beyonce: 'her Feminism Is Not Same With My Feminism' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda On Beyonce: 'her Feminism Is Not Same With My Feminism' (389 Views)

Funnybone: After Interacting With Chimamanda, I Understood Feminism Better / Breaking: Wizkid Featured On Beyonce's New EP / Toke Makinwa's Tweet About Jay Z Cheating On Beyonce Got Her Blasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda On Beyonce: 'her Feminism Is Not Same With My Feminism' by Jalapa01(m): 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Speaking for the first time on Beyonce's feminism, award winning writer, Chimamanda Adichie has said it is not her feminism

The singer used fragments of the famous author's speech in her song Flawless. Mrs Adichie makes it clear in her speech that she supports Beyoncé's feminist ideology even though she feels her views differ slightly from Beyonce's. This she said is because her "type of feminism is the kind that gives quite a lot of space to the necessity of men".

The conflation came up during an interview Chimamanda gave with Dutch paper De Volkskrant, about the upcoming Dutch translation of her TED talk 'We should all be feminists' - meanwhile published as an essay - and her presence at the Brainwash Festival in Amsterdam in October 2016.

Read her speech here http://www.bookspen.com/chimamanda-beyonce-feminism-not-feminism/

(1) (Reply)

Four Die As Robbers’ Car Falls Of Lagos Bridge / Photo: Popular Dancer, Kaffy Covers October Edition Of House Of Maliq. / 'learn How To Mind Your Own Business' - Actress Rita Edochie Advices Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.