Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me (1593 Views)

Why Do We Always Cook Rice On Sundays? / Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / Am About To Cook Rice And Stew Again Pics ;D;D;D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by eniolaamoda: 4:50am On Oct 10, 2016
How is it best to cook rice
Should i was just once or should i wash once then boil the rice and sieve out all it water and add fresh water

I noticed if i did d former, the rice will still be starchy and after finish cooking the rice the rice will join togeda but yhe taste of d rice will be firm

Then i noticed if i wash the raw rice and parboil and wash it again and add fresh water, after cooking the rice it will separate well but the taste will be gone.

So which one is more healtheir
Whoch one adds calory to d body

Is it the starchy one or the clean one
Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by Cutehector(m): 4:51am On Oct 10, 2016
grin

Bia why didn't u ask ur mom all these questions when u were growing up? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by YorubaWoman: 5:24am On Oct 10, 2016
igba tan ni e gbori duro lati keeko ile ija ni

oun lo yo le bayi
amoran mi ni pe ki e lo katirin schl
Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by psucc(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2016
Nowadays once rice is seen how it is cooked is no longer important.

1 Like

Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by HerbalPro: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2016
I think sometimes it depends on the type of rice or brand of rice. I suggest you either wash the raw rice with salt before boiling till cooked or you parboil first, then just as it starts to boil, wash and boil till cooked. Washing raw rice with salt helps you get rid of more starch while washing the parboiled rice just as it starts to boil removes starch and retains the taste of the rice.
You can also boil rice with coconut oil to reduce calories.
www.herbalpro.com

Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
you don't know how to cook rice your bride price is hand shake grin
Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by eniolaamoda: 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
fuckboy:
you don't know how to cook rice your bride price is hand shake grin

I am a guy o
My main point of asking is to know which one benefits d body
While d starch is intact or while the starch us away
Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
eniolaamoda:

I am a guy o My main point of asking is to know which one benefits d body While d starch is intact or while the starch us away
when the starch is out that's why we pre or par boil the rice
Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by eniolaamoda: 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
fuckboy:

when the starch is out that's why we pre or par boil the rice

Okay now my point is
Since rice is starch and we have washed d reasonable amount of starch away
Will the rice then be useful to the body since it Nutrient has been parboiled and washed away

1 Like

Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Okay now my point is
Will the rice then be useful to the body since it Nutrient has been parboiled and washed away

that I don't know... cause all my life I've been taught to wash the rice when I didn't do it the rice felt and tested somehow
Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by UjSizzle(f): 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Okay now my point is
You can't wash all the starch from the rice. You just get rid of some so the rice isn't sticky and annoying to eat.
Your carbohydrate is still intact.
Re: How Best To Cook Rice? Please Help Me by HerbalPro: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2016
You don't need so much carbohydrate. Carbohydrate is converted to glucose which is injected into the blood stream. Am sure you know what excess glucose in the blood can lead to. Try eating small portions of rice whether you parboil before washing or not. www.herbalpro.com
eniolaamoda:

I am a guy o
My main point of asking is to know which one benefits d body
While d starch is intact or while the starch us away

(1) (Reply)

Goat Meat The Healthiest Meat In The World / Nigerian Luxury Designer Creates The World Most Expensive Champagne / Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.