Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,369 members, 7,850,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods (1324 Views)

President Buhari To Send Letter To National Assembly On Monday / Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods / Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by abila122: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2016

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday called on Nigerians to change their habits by patronizing made-in-Nigeria goods and services.

He made the call while speaking at the 22nd Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja.According to him, increasing local production of goods and services will not only create jobs for the youths but move Nigeria from an import-based to an export-based economy.

He said: “I am also delighted that your theme is: ‘Made in Nigeria’ which lies at the heart of so many efforts we are making to lead us through this trouble times and lay a firm foundation for the future.

“As I have said in the past, we need to diversify the economy so that we will never again have to rely on one commodity to survive as a country. So that we can produce the food we eat, make our own textiles, produce most of the things we use and create the right environment for our youth to be able to benefit and create jobs through technology.

“This has been the commitment and the mandate of this administration and I have remain focus on it since the assumption of this administration.

“There is clearly no better way to achieve this without building out economic foundation of made in Nigeria goods and services. Fortunately, we have champions of made in Nigeria that have defied the odds over the years to produce locally and contribute to our economy.

“I hope by the end of this you will make useful and realistic recommendations and policies.” He said

The President added: “Initiative and incentives that will enhance your work we are already doing by this administration, I encourage more local production, to improve ease of doing business environment, transfer our technology and innovation capabilities, improve quality and standards, promote export and change our old attitude and behaviours to made in Nigeria products and services.

“My greatest desire is that Nigeria moves from import dependence to self-sufficiency in local production and become an export-led economy in goods and services,” he stated.

He said that he is looking forward to feedback on the summit’s deliberations.

Source: http://nignews.com.ng/buhari-to-nigerians-patronize-made-in-nigeria-goods/
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by TreasuredLeidy(f): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by Abeymills(m): 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
Made in Nigeria at wort price wat quality mr bubuhari d recession master??hmmm of course Nigerians as usual will b at d decieving n recieving end
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by naijaboy756: 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
Ok recessionist...after you treat your ear worms infection in LUTH...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by bayelsaowei(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijaboy756:
oh...you just spotted the hypocrisy... wink

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by dunkem21(m): 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijaboy756:

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by pode(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
And if we refuse to buy, what are you going to do, send DSS or EFCC to us?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by orunto27: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
Stop FRSC and Traffic Security men to stop exploiting and extorting private commercial vehicles who are distributing and marketing their locally made products.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by naijaboy756: 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
bayelsaowei:
oh...you just spotted the hypocrisy... wink
na true na. When e reach change, it begins with me. When e reach to treat sickness, naija hospital good for me. When e reach to spend millions go see doctor, Na Buhari's call. E go become patronise made in yankee. No be everybody get blocked brain like Zombies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by orunto27: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
Governments should repair all roads in the Country to enable free and fair Distribution and Marketing of locally made goods.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by tinkinjow: 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
That's if there r still goods made in Nigeria except akara
Let him and his family start it by buy Nigerian made wrist watches, hand bags and shoes.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by orunto27: 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
Instruct The CBN to direct Commercial Banks to grant single digits low interest Loans to locally made in Nigeria Entrepreneurs to buy vehicles, machines and revive their manufacture.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by naijaboy756: 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
tinkinjow:
That's if there r still goods made in Nigeria except akara
Let him and his family start it by buy Nigerian made wrist watches, hand bags and shoes.
thank God we still have reasonable Nigerians like you. The Zombies make me fear that our brains were replaced

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by Horus(m): 4:04pm On May 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSBVzIhzZJM

Push for Made-in-Nigeria goods
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by ivandragon: 4:13pm On May 15, 2018
lol...

this man thinks that because he has dumb, blind & lazy supporters, all Nigerians are same...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by jesse8048(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2018
What of our made in Nigeria doctors and hospitals. Show us example sir....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by 4laferarri(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2018
I have always prayed for something like this,,,,
but it will be easier if our leaders are doing d same thing,
like using made in Nigeria car like IVM as thier official cars
and wearing of made in Aba shoes e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by Blackfire(m): 6:31pm On May 15, 2018
And the technical stop over you do in London is what ?

Bia Buhari be careful o

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by fergie001: 6:59pm On May 15, 2018
So,when will you and Yusuf begin to patronise made-in-Nigeria hospitals?

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods by Paperwhite(m): 7:06pm On May 15, 2018
Well the hypocritical president & his son have been on medical tourism in the UK & Germany.Buhari God will surely punish you. angry Idiot.

(1) (Reply)

See Two Contradictory Headlines By APC And BUHARI / Nigeria Is On Autopilot. See What A Minister Said Concerning Data Price Increase / Hilarious Tweet About LAUTECH Comp Sci Graduate Who Couldn't Create Comp Folder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.