Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Food Shortage In Venezuela And The Nigerian Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Shortage In Venezuela And The Nigerian Economy (655 Views)

IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / A Look At Venezuela And Why Our Government Deserves Commendation. / Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food Shortage In Venezuela And The Nigerian Economy by latbas(m): 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
Mendoza has spent the past month in New York with her
daughter and realizes she's lost a sense of what normalcy
means. In Venezuela, she lived without toilet paper for a
month in July, using paper napkins instead.
Just half a block away from her daughter's Brooklyn
apartment, a new Whole Foods (WFM ) recently opened and
Anabella told her mom check it out. Mendoza fought back
tears when she saw fully stocked food shelves and lush
vegetables and fruits, a rare sight in Venezuela today.
"My eyes got wet," Mendoza says, becoming emotional
recounting the Whole Foods visit. In Venezuela, "You are so
happy when you find something as basic as milk."
Related: Venezuela food crisis deepens as shipments
plummet
She isn't alone. About half a million Venezuelans visited the
United States last year. Increasingly, Venezuelans living in
the U.S. say their friends and family who can afford it are
coming to America to buy basics.
"It's just a testament to how badly the country is being
managed," says Beatriz Ramos, a Venezuelan tech
entrepreneur, who lives in New York. Ramos has hosted six
friends from Venezuela this year: "It's been steadily getting
worse and worse and worse."
Ramos, Mendoza and others believe life in Venezuela won't
be this bad forever but they aren't optimistic about seeing
improvements anytime soon.
This is just but few of complaints by Venezuelans over the non availability of food in the country. Citizens travel across the border up to Columbia and even the united states just to buy food. I don't want to justify this current economic recession facing Nigeria with this but we can't shy away from the fact that current drop in crude oil which is our major source of making money (foreign reserves) affect not only Nigeria but other country who practically depend on crude oil.Needless to say the impunity and the way our past leaders loot the nation with reckless abandon.I am not a big fan of president buhari but I think all we need is a little bit of patience and hope and believe me, we r heading for greatness. All this iPod yoots,flat heads, afonja zombies and all ethnic bashing will not lead us anywhere. let's all unite and make this country the giant of Africa we are.
*note.m not APC or PDP or any other thieving political party. just a concerned youth in Nigeria
Re: Food Shortage In Venezuela And The Nigerian Economy by acenazt: 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
My people talk say Na wen u hear people story naim u go know say your own wahala Na beans
Re: Food Shortage In Venezuela And The Nigerian Economy by latbas(m): 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
I swear, shebi we still see food buy for Nigeria. we never travel go ghana go buy food.Venezuela's problem no be here.

(1) (Reply)

Chibok Girls: An Observation / Governor Samuel Ortom Declares Fasting And Prayers For The Selection Of Tor Tiv / Read What A Former APC Zombie Wrote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.