Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable (17025 Views)

5.5 Billion Dollar Foreign Loan: Your Debt Profile Is Rising - IMF Warns Nigeria / What Buhari Discussed With Adeosun, Udo Udoma And Emefiele / Dino Melaye: "Buhari, Sack Adeosun, Emefiele And Udoma" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2016

Udoma Udo Udoma, minister of budget and national planning, was left red-faced on Monday when he was asked about Nigeria’s total debt profile.

The question was posed at him during the 22nd Nigerian Economic Summit holding place in Abuja.

Zain Asher, a CNN Anchor, who is one of the moderators, asked Udoma to divulge the specific figure of Nigeria’s debt profile.

“How much is Nigeria’s total debt?” Asher asked the minister.

In response, a befuddled Udoma said: “I can’t tell you the exact figure. I will have to get back to you on that.”

Asher, however, responded with a challenge, saying: “But you are the minister of budget”.

The clearly-rattled budget minister neither gave a ballpark figure nor stated that the Debt Management Office (DMO) was in charge of keeping records of the nation’s debt profile.

Instead, he informed Asher that several committees were saddled with the responsibility of compiling Nigeria’s debt and as such, he could not give a precise figure.

His response elicited loud murmurs from the audience.

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-udoma-budget-minister-does-not-know-nigerias-total-debt-profile

9 Likes

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
This is an international and national embarrassment, if as a budget minister you don't know the nation's debt profile, then how do you plan a budget?

No wonder the 2016 budget was botched and padded even after using the template of Jonathan's budget.

are these the kind of ministers that buhari took 6 months to find?? anyway it takes a certificateless cattle rearer, who “regularly skipped attending school” to appoint fellow bunglers with incessant and heinous gaffes!

A finance minister that could not predict when recession will end, A sports minister who believes athletes do not need training,a finance minister who thinks recession is just a word, a science and technology minister who aspires to produce pencils in two years,an information minister who wants to generate jobs via masquerade dressing, a finance minister that could not account for what 2.2trn domestic loan was used for, an interior minister who uses his security to publicly shine his shoes rather than secure the interior of his country, an agriculture minister who fights for land for cows instead of farmers, a labor minister who threatens banks with revocation of license when they retrench workers due to bad economy, a communications minister who wants us to pay 9% tax on calls, a transport minister who gives one President credit for a railway built by another President, an economic adviser who wants women to donate their jewelry to help government fight recession and a Presidential spokesman who believes critics are ‘wailers’ all led by the certificateless cattle rearer who believes #ChangeBeginsWithMe not him, though he was the one who promised it!

the other day, the ambassadorial nominees of the certificateless cattle rearer could not recite the national anthem!

Nigeria is in recession because of the ill-managements of buhari's administration. The problem is not “lack of funds” but lack of dexterous, disciplined and qualified individuals in the govt. And also those who does not want nation to progress by making plans to vote and rig in the certificateless cattle rearer in 2019 to continue thwarting the economic progress of the nation.

230 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by yeyeboi(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by adedayo3193(m): 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
How do you expect him know when his job is to steal our hard earned money

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by drss(m): 10:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
round pek in triangle hole. n u wonder why d economy has slide into depression grin dis is a man dat took buari 7 months to appoint. wat a shame.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by andyboi4real(m): 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
Apart 4rm Few Ministers In This Government I Don't Think The Rest Knws What They Are Doin... They Still Think It Is Politics,blaming Past Govment 4 The Present Woes, Forgeting That Nigerians Knew About The Corruption In The Past Administrations Thats Y We Voted The So called "change Agents"...I Jst Pray They Change Our Economic Status Before...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Splinz(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
What does one expects from a government headed by the chief dullard himself? Of course certain embarrassment of this magnitude. SMH

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by adconline(m): 10:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
Same guy with the minister of finance who could not prepare a national budget even with an expo from GEJ??
Naija is toast with these political sycophants!!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Cannonleo(m): 10:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
*rides into thread,checks headline laughs hilariously as i remember watching the program*
Dammmmm the expression on the faces of the participants was princeless.. Meanwhile i just came to read comments haha that reminds me some well know individual cum left sided debators are avoiding this thread like a plaugue.
Our noisemaker is simply keeping to his job description all he needs to do is blame Jona and his gaffee would be forgiven

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by adconline(m): 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
GEJ increased the debt profile to infinity, we have hired Chike Obi, PWC, and EY to compute the infinity. #GEJKilledNaija

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Nasa28(m): 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
Just watching Buhari's technocrats. grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Mujaheeeden: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
adconline:
GEJ increased the debt profile to infinity, we have hired Chike Obi, PWC, and EY to compute the infinity. #GEJKilledNaija
what the f**k are you saying

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by bendutch(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
He is a saint. Maybe they should have asked him bout heavenly things. Skunks everywhere in his cabinet.

8 Likes

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by 1wolex85: 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
blueto:
This is an international and national embarrassment, if as a budget minister you don't know the nation's dept profile, then how do you plan a budget?

No wonder the 2016 budget was botched and padded even after using the template of Jonathan's budget.

are these the kind of ministers that buhari took 6 months to find?? anyway it takes a certificateless cattle rearer, who “regularly skipped attending school” to appoint fellow bunglers with incessant gaffes!

This is an international and national embarrassment, if as a budget minister you don't know the nation's dept profile, then how do you plan a budget?

are these the kind of ministers that buhari took 6 months to find?? anyway it takes a certificateless cattle rearer, who “regularly skipped attending school” to appoint fellow bunglers with incessant and heinous gaffes!

A finance minister that could not predict when recession will end, A sports minister who believes athletes do not need training,a finance minister who thinks recession is just a word, a science and technology minister who aspires to produce pencils in two years,an information minister who wants to generate jobs via masquerade dressing, a finance minister that could not account for what 2.2trn domestic loan was used for, an interior minister who uses his security to publicly shine his shoes rather than secure the interior of his country, an agriculture minister who fights for land for cows instead of farmers, a labor minister who threatens banks with revocation of license when they retrench workers due to bad economy, a communications minister who wants us to pay 9% tax on calls, a transport minister who gives one President credit for a railway built by another President, an economic adviser who wants women to donate their jewelry to help government fight recession and a Presidential spokesman who believes critics are ‘wailers’ all led by the certificateless cattle rearer who believes #ChangeBeginsWithMe not him, though he was the one who promised it!

Nigeria is in recession because of the ill-managements of buhari's administration. The problem is not “lack of funds” but lack of dexterous and qualified individuals in the govt. And also those who does not want nation to progress by making plans to vote and rig in the certificateless cattle rearer in 2019 to continue thwarting the economic progress of the nation.

You also need to learn how to spell. You did it twice so I don't think it's a typo, it's debt not dept

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Abeymills(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2016
Curse d day some stupid goats vote dis useles clueles primitive wicked president n noise maker ministers no wonder Nigeria is in dis condition very useles

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by mozel247: 11:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
And d op can't spell debt yet he open his vulgar mouth to criticise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by adconline(m): 12:57am On Oct 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
what the f**k are you saying
Not configured for your encephalon. Stay in your comfort zone of cheering for mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by daveP(m): 1:51am On Oct 11, 2016
Abeg click Like if to get sense no be by 1st class.

(dodges mugs hurled at his head) grin

All these ministers sef get good grades but totally inexperienced practically. That's where I look down at economists; all na theory.

5 Likes

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Sibrah: 2:02am On Oct 11, 2016
blueto:

are these the kind of ministers that buhari took 6 months to find?? anyway it takes a certificateless cattle rearer, who “regularly skipped attending school” to appoint fellow bunglers with incessant gaffes!

Nigeria is in recession because of the ill-managements of buhari's administration. The problem is not “lack of funds” but lack of dexterous and qualified individuals in the govt. And also those who does not want nation to progress by making plans to vote and rig in the certificateless cattle rearer in 2019 to continue thwarting the economic progress of the nation.
You need to go get a real life dude. If this man gives figures and doesn't give the figure to 100 significant places you guys scream he doesn't know it.

2 Likes

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Hedonistically: 3:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Very shameful indeed, even though I'm sure that not a single individual in Buhari's cabinet has even a small atom of shame in their body.

I watched the spectacle on Channels TV, and I felt a genuine sense of vicarious embarrassment for Udo Udoma. I happen to like the gentleman, so I would spare him the kind of harsh words I would have used for the even more clueless idiot called Kemi Adeosun. These incompetent characters led by their Cretin-in-Chief Buhari are responsible for the quagmire we're in as a country today. They simply do not have what it takes to make the right policies, devise the right solutions and strategies, and adopt the appropriate measures to maintain the legacy of prosperity and good governance left behind by Goodluck Jonathan.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by juman(m): 3:56am On Oct 11, 2016
“How much is Nigeria’s total debt?” Asher asked the minister.

In response, a befuddled Udoma said: “I can’t tell you the exact figure. I will have to get back to you on that.

There was nothing bad in what he said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Bitterleafsoup: 4:07am On Oct 11, 2016
mozel247:
And d op can't spell debt yet he open his vulgar mouth to criticise
hahahahahahah grin grin grin my stomach!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Opharhe: 4:09am On Oct 11, 2016
Like President, like Minister.

Dazzol.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Sibrah: 4:46am On Oct 11, 2016
adconline:
Same guy with the minister of finance who could not prepare a national budget even with an expo from GEJ??
Naija is toast with these political sycophants!!
Padded expo?

2 Likes

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 11, 2016
1wolex85:

You also need to learn how to spell. You did it twice so I don't think it's a typo, it's debt not dept
Its just a modicum cacography, I have made that particular mistake in the past, and I corrected it spontaneously. thanks, but I'm already adroit in spellings. And I will also like to adjure you to learn how make felicitous and ideal use of punctuation marks.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by RZArecta(m): 5:16am On Oct 11, 2016
grin like president like ministers CHAI !!!! who do this kind thing to Nigeria abeg ?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by bennyann: 5:22am On Oct 11, 2016
shocked shocked shocked I'm speechless embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 11, 2016
juman:

There was nothing bad in what he said.
He should have provided a precise figure, or at least, he should have provided an approximated figure considering the mode of the question. but he clearly provided none! are you say nothing is wrong with it? This is not good, how do you expect the govt to optimise their operations and performance if you keep lauding them in their incompetence?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by 1wolex85: 5:51am On Oct 11, 2016
blueto:
Its just a modicum cacography, I have made that particular mistake in the past, and I corrected it spontaneously. thanks, but I'm already adroit in spellings. And I will also like to adjure you to learn how make felicitous and ideal use of punctuations marks.

Lol! You are very funny. All these because I corrected you? Complex!

4 Likes

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 11, 2016
1wolex85:

Lol! You are very funny. All these because I corrected you? Complex!
what do you mean?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by veekid(m): 7:29am On Oct 11, 2016
Yeye
Re: Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable by kingphilip(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Northern Governors And Traditional Rulers Meeting / "I May Contest Against El-rufai In 2019" - Shehu Sani Thunders / 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.