Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers (6535 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / Economy: Recession Will End Soon, Buhari Tells Nigerians / Don’t Glamourise Sexual Vulgarity In Your Movies, Buhari Tells Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by lady2sexy(f): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has advised Nigerian filmmakers against promoting violence and sex scenes in their movies.

The president urged movie practitioners to endeavour to always project the country in a positive light.

Buhari sent the message to the movie industry in a foreword written in a brochure on the film industry.

The brochure was titled, “Nigerian Film Industry at a Glance” and it was published by the Africa Film Academy.

Buhari was quoted to have said: “The Nigerian film industry that is now called Nollywood, in the fashion of the American, Hollywood and Indian, Bollywood started as the effort of a group of enterprising young men and women who traded on their talents and sheer determination without anyone paying attention.

“It has now metamorphosed into a big industry employing thousands of people, contributing to the national Gross Domestic Product and empowering a new generation of creative entrepreneurs.”

“Our government will continue to support the creative sectors of its economy so as to encourage our teeming youths while we enjoin our filmmakers to continue to project the image of Nigeria and the continent of Africa in a positive way through their story lines. Filmmakers should not make films for art sake. Films should be functional and socially relevant.”

“Filmmakers, whether local or those who come here to use our facilities, must however be sensitive to our cultures and religions. They must not glamourise violence or sexual vulgarity in all their forms. They must not promote racism or ethnic superiority or demonise any religion or culture.

“I want to see more films that celebrate our diversity, films that celebrate the achievements of our people, films that promote social causes of right to education, films that tells us the evil of domestic violence against men and women, films that inspire hope and faith in our country and humanity in general. I am confident that Nollywood would go from strength to strength.”
source http://leaders.ng/?p=8552

haba mr. presido na that touchry kissitivity na im dey make nolly sweet na
abi we no be circular kuntry ni
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by DLondonboiy: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mtcheew
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by lady2sexy(f): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
is that the fwesh air you plumise ni sad

12 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by funnynation(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sombody should explain to this man that this is Nollywood not Northwood.

Jokes loading...............
*Nairaland official comedian*

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by limeta(f): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
Buhari form yr own mallamwood

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Young03(m): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
oh.
e pain d man oo

say that to ur kannywood peeps

4 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by ArodewilliamsT: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
[b]He is now toying with the idea of Abokilizing and northernizing nollywood like his muslim kannywood that can't sell up to 10 DVD copies outside northern nigeria, niger, chad.

Look mr Presidiot, we've told you to pack your things and live away from the 'morally decayed south' in your conservative muslim Arewa.

You have no right to tell southerners (who are not even interested in living with you) how to live their lives and what movies to watch.

If you are thinking of turning the whole country into a feudal Arab jungle, like always, you will be resisted again and again. Nollywood wasn't built with your money. Southerners (especially Igbos) built it from the scratch while recovering from the carnage your murderous likes commited in their land and economy as you prosecuted the Oil war against Biafra.

They built it to international standard not for stone age conservative shariaist buffoons like you but for modern 21st century normal humans. Please take your Arewa muslim republic and pull out, away from the 'morally decayed south'. How difficult is that?[/b]

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by KingRex1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Too late, it has eaten deep already.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by freeze001(f): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
Command and control...that's d nature of this change. Shebi they have told us we eat too much rice? It's coming soon...before long hisbah will be arresting sellers of nollywood movies and private citizens generally including the actors. Then those silly ones that were dancing for 'Sai baba' will wonder how it all spiralled out of control as no be so dem plan am.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by kestolove95(m): 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
nollywood haff join badt gang

1 Like

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by cupidFlint(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
it's so obvious, this man wants to take us back to 14 B.C.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by mysteriousman(m): 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Hmm..
Commentless
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by ElCule: 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mr president is right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by isbish(m): 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
The way some people are insulting Buhari over the comment makes me wonder if Christianity in its real and ideal sense approves of the kissing and touching in movies. Christianity or Islam, kissing and touching is bad. I agree the western culture of doing movies have affected our morals but guys, what Buhari said is it bad?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Kyase(m): 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
funnynation:

Confirm before you talk....
Nonsense.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by mustmust(m): 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
Baba stop putting nigeria in recession and hunger

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by PentiumProf: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
If this goat of a president don't like what he is watching the reasonable thing to do is to fast forward or stop watching those touching and kissing scenes
As for me I enjoy those scenes the most

7 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by EternalTruths: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
PentiumProf:
If this goat of a president don't like what he is watching the reasonable thing to do is to fast forward or stop watching those touching and kissing scenes
As for me I enjoy those scenes the most

I thought you are Buhari's fan

pls correct me if I am wrong

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by daveP(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
limeta:
Buhari form yr own mallamwood
grin grin grin

Nairalanders I hail o grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by MPBlog(m): 7:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
Breakthrough! 21 Full Oil Wells Discovered In Northern Nigeria

The quest for oil in the Lake Chad Basin area of Northern Nigeria is yielding fruitful results as about 21 oil wells out of the 23 drilled so far have the potential of full prospects of oil.

The emerging facts by Authority Newspaper indicated that a total of 23 oil wells have already been drilled by prospecting Read More:
http://www.maestroperostar.com/2016/10/breakthrough-21-full-oil-wells.html
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Blue3k(m): 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
Buhari nobody cares for your media opinions. Focus on getting conviction for judges. Nobody elected you media commentator.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Ahmeduana(m): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
funnynation:

THE E-DIORT JUST THEY MAKE ME LAUGH!

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by C4Ltd: 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
fake news I won't believe
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by PentiumProf: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
EternalTruths:

I thought you are Buhari's fan

pls correct me if I am wrong
I have never been a buhari fan
You must be referring to the other man claiming to be a woman pentium pro who is different from me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by yjgm(m): 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
The OP is trying to be mischievous with the headline. Please read the storyline again and get what the president actually said.
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Iseoluwani: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
kestolove95:
nollywood haff join badt gang

وقال الرئيس انه بسبب الدين القدوس.

ما هو بدائي عقلية.
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by ibietela2(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
How can movie producers project the country in positive light when you tje the president demarket the country abroad?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
grin
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by APCLyingBastard: 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
isbish:
The way some people are insulting Buhari over the comment makes me wonder if Christianity in its real and ideal sense approves of the kissing and touching in movies. Christianity or Islam, kissing and touching is bad. I agree the western culture of doing movies have affected our morals but guys, what Buhari said is it bad?

What has bloody religion got to do with this?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by APCLyingBastard: 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
“It has now metamorphosed into a big industry employing thousands of people, contributing to the national Gross Domestic Product and empowering a new generation of creative entrepreneurs.”

When the last administration cited the movie and entertainment industry as a major contributor to the rebased economy, the witches and wizards carrying brooms ridiculed nollywood and the music industry's contribution to national economy.

Today we see this gross buffoon confirming the claims of the GEJ administration on the contributions of the same nollywood to our economy.

Useless idi0ts in power.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
There's noting bad about what PMB has said. he's saying the main focus of producing a movie is to promote our culture and values. I support him on that.....some films culd be annoying sha.. no moral lesson

4 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Originalsly: 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
What exactly did he say that is wrong? In fact, what he is saying now is what GEJ should have said when Nollywood movies were selling like hot cakes abroad.... hot because useful of the exact reasons he mentioned.... and Nollywood flopped big time abroad..in fact is dead abroad because of the same reasons he mentioned. ..turned to sex and violence...imitating Hollywood. It would now take a miracle to resurrect the dead.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Posterity To Be Kind To Us On Gbajabiamila - By Olubunmi Tunji-ojo / Peter Obi Not Contemplating Leaving LP, Forming New Party, Says Yunusa Tanko / APGA Is Dead, Says Chime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.