Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch (27547 Views)

EFCC Operative Stuck In Septic Tank As They Raid Alex Badeh’s Farm. Photos / FG Converts Badeh’s N1.1bn Mansion To Office / EFCC Driver And Policeman Burgle Badeh's Sealed Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by HungerBAD: 2:31am On Oct 12, 2016
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

AN1.1bn mansion seized from the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh (retd.), has been converted to an office to be used by the Federal Government, The PUNCH has learnt.

Our correspondent, who visited the property located on Plot 6 Ogun River Crescent, Maitama, a highbrow area in Abuja, learnt that the property is being used by the Presidential Committee on the North-East Intervention headed by Lt.-Gen. Theophilus Danjuma, a former Minister of Defence.

Our correspondent observed that the warning, ‘EFCC, Keep Off!’ which was written in red ink on the fence, had been wiped off.

However, a second building (although uncompleted) seized from Badeh, which is located directly opposite the one converted by the Federal Government, still has the EFCC inscription on its fence.

Some gardeners and other domestic workers were seen clearing the grass and sweeping the compound when our correspondent visited the place.

Our reporter, who entered into the main building, noticed that the rooms had been converted into offices while desks had been set up at strategic positions.

When our correspondent approached one of the workers, he said, “The property was given to us by the government to work. I know that the EFCC seized the property some months ago but it was given to us to work.”

The EFCC is prosecuting Badeh alongside a firm, Iyalikam Nigeria Limited, on 10 counts of money laundering bordering on alleged fraudulent removal of about N3.97bn from the Nigerian Air Force account.

A former Director of Finance and Account of the Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Aliyu Yishau (retd.),who is a prosecution witness against Badeh, had informed the court that while Badeh was the Chief of Air Staff, he routinely helped Badeh to divert the sum of N558.2m by converting it to its dollar equivalent.

He said he personally helped Badeh to buy the N1.1bn property which has now been converted to Federal Government’s use.

He had said, “Sometime in January 2013, when I was taking the normal amount to him (Badeh) in dollars, he directed that we should pay for the house. So, he brought out the balance in dollars and made up the equivalent of N1.1bn.”

The EFCC lawyer, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), had told the court that the EFCC searched the property and recovered $1m in cash.

Jacobs said although Badeh had denied ownership of the property, his belongings, including photographs, were found in it during a search by the operatives of the commission.

Our correspondent learnt that the decision to convert Badeh’s property may be connected to the Federal Government’s plan to convert seized properties to government use and save cost.

It will be recalled that the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, had disclosed at the opening of a meeting with the members of the National Steering Committee of the Efficiency Unit on June 10, 2016, that the Muhammadu Buhari-led government was planning to convert some of the seized properties to offices in a bid to save money spent on rent.

http://punchng.com/arms-scam-fg-converts-badehs-n1-1bn-mansion-office/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by tellwisdom: 3:03am On Oct 12, 2016
Abeg any space for beer parlor dey there? sad

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by castrokins(m): 3:19am On Oct 12, 2016
What Nonsense?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by krasican(m): 4:16am On Oct 12, 2016
It will be recalled that the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, had disclosed at the opening of a meeting with the members of the National Steering Committee of the Efficiency Unit on June 10, 2016, that the Muhammadu Buhari-led government was planning to convert some of the seized properties to offices in a bid to save money spent on rent.

better

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by maxman01: 4:31am On Oct 12, 2016
All dis money can b used only in dis world we can't take to after life fear God

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by modath(f): 4:45am On Oct 12, 2016
Me likey, better than to keep it wasting away...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by Luukasz(m): 5:02am On Oct 12, 2016
Yet some wailing bigots will keep saying our baba at the top is not working. Tell me did this happened in the last 16yrs? but now its happening.
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by Cutehector(m): 5:13am On Oct 12, 2016
Those in public offices, your punishment will be greater than during the day of judgment

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by modath(f): 5:14am On Oct 12, 2016
castrokins:
What Nonsense?

Just what your one liner is.... Nonsense it is!! What is wrong with this? You lots are just tiring!! undecided

Words to ridicule the government failed you since there is no way in hell that you could ever fault this stellar move.... even the bottom barrel wailers won't have nothing to wail about concerning this story....

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:36am On Oct 12, 2016
N1.1bn only one person mansion, people no dey fear God I swear.. angry

14 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by blackpanda: 5:44am On Oct 12, 2016
The blood of the innocent soldiers that perished for lack of weapons are on Badeh's hands

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by DrRasheed: 5:45am On Oct 12, 2016
I support the motives. Is to be used for northeast development not presidential gala arena.

2 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by dalaman: 5:52am On Oct 12, 2016
My problem is why is Alex Badeh a free man? I saw him at the airforce headquarters like 2 weeks ago feeling like a don with the people there bowing and hailing him. This is the same criminal that stole most of their money. Why aren't these people in jail?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by dalaman: 5:52am On Oct 12, 2016
blackpanda:
The blood of the innocent soldiers that perished for lack of weapons are on Badeh's hands

He is still roaming around a free man. Why is that so?

6 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by blackpanda: 5:53am On Oct 12, 2016
dalaman:

He is still roaming around a free man. Why is that so?

The case is ongoing. Hes not free

8 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 12, 2016
The most religious country on the planet yet the people are unGodly. Alex badeh and every other looter is a reflection of our societal upbringing. Many of you will insult and condemn workers or security men who returned a bag filled with dollars to the appropriate authorities thinking they missed their chance to make it in life yet we complain when elected officials rob us blind. We celebrate materialism and wealth without sources and any one who dare to ask about the source of wealth is termed a Bad-Belle. Reasons why the likes of Dino Melaye keeps acquiring luxury cars he hardly drives just to overcome his inferiority complex at the detriment of his constituent who lacks basic amenities and infrastructures, yet the same deprived people will foolishly support them and even tap into their dirt filled glory. Who are the politicians we lament about? Are they not fellow Nigerians raised in this messed up society? Until we changed our ways and societal values, the status quo remains the same. We are our problems in Nigeria

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:02am On Oct 12, 2016
Nice One FG

4 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by amaechi1: 6:02am On Oct 12, 2016
They should also convert his house to IDP camp too.

8 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 12, 2016
Saving cost by all means necessary

1 Like

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by DaBullIT(m): 6:04am On Oct 12, 2016
It's like wailers are yet to wake, lazy smelling wailers, let them come and tell me how this is a bad thing

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by Progressive01(m): 6:07am On Oct 12, 2016
Feel like punching that fat face. These guys are nothing less than animals with primordial instincts guiding every action they take- only thing that makes them appear human is that they don't walk around naked and can easily read and write.

5 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by Aufbauh(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2016
I repeat that those who are waiting for Buhari to fails will eat their own words like Olisa Metuh chewed his own statement cheesy

Buhari is a man with a large heart,of a few words,sieving ears and straight eyes. Above all he loves caricatures so he is undaunted by senseless wailing & senile abuse.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by PassingShot(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2016
No matter the level of hatred you have for PMB, you can't deny the fact he is giving bloodied nose to corruption and insurgency. Recovery of any sort was a dream just a couple of years ago.

Kudos to the president.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by onyiloyi(m): 6:26am On Oct 12, 2016
I stand with pmb

8 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by rusher14: 6:50am On Oct 12, 2016
It's 6:50 a.m Nigerian time.

I think the supporters of evil are yet to awaken or perhaps they are still in their coven chanting my president's name.

Wake to see a new Nigeria gradually but surely.

We would not condone such brigands and gangsters running the rule over us.

Badeh has lost this one. We await the fall of the gavel on how much time he spends in gaol.

19 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by cana882(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2016
Abeg where dasuki house dey?

I go like work for that house abi office.

5 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by NedalBiggie: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2016
This is only the beginning.

Nedal was here!

3 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by Nairadays: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2016
tellwisdom:
Abeg any space for beer parlor dey there? sad

Hahah, e go dey. You no see the former CDS belle. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by EternalBeing: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2016

4 Likes

Re: FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch by EternalBeing: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2016
Good development, only those that acquired Properties through their hard-earned money should be allowed to enjoy them.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Hails Buhari For Using Cheap Refreshments; "This Is The Change I Voted For" / Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay / My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.