Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely (26293 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Dons Jewish Attire For His Arraignment In Court Today. Photos / National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment / DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by DickDastardly(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
Why angry angry

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Rapmoney(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by sdindan: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
End of the drama.
APC will soon bring another move that will take us to next week.

7 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by sdindan: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
End of the drama.

3 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by yeyeboi(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZanyABC:
NOW THAT THE CONTROVERSY REGARDING THE RECENT 'CRACKDOWN' ON JUDGES IS OVER: WHAT NEXT?
If you have money, you can really take advantage of government in this country. There is too much noise; too much sentiments and little 'intelligent conversation'. At the end of day, everything is swept under the carpet.
Notwithstanding where each of us stood regarding the last saturday's crackdown on judges, I am sure EVERY Nigerian now worries about how to get the judges convicted, if truly they are gulty.
NOW imagine what people are talking about! Let's even assume that the arrest of the judges meets the standard of law, are we going to get them convicted with all these conversation people are having?
What conversations am I talking about? DSS has been releasing 'evidence' against the judges and here are some of them: a list of 'monies' recovered from judges' bedrooms; the fact that a Rolls Royce was found in a judge's compound, the fact that a judge has 15 cars, the fact that a judge has several properties...etc
You call these ones evidence of corruption? DSS must be joking.
In which part of the law is keeping money at home a crime? Even if you keep N200 billion in your house, that in itself is not corruption. It does not take a brilliant lawyer few days to come up with some explanations for you.
In which section of the law is owing a Rolls Royce a crime? There are a thousand and one legitinate ways to own a Rolls Royce. Could be a birthday gift from your daughter's man. Could be proceeds of business. If DSS finds 1000 Rolls Royce in a person's house, that is not proof of corruption. Even if you own all the houses in Nigeria, that is not a crime. We should stop asking people to come and explain how they got XYZ amount of money! That is the easiest way to lose a corruption case.
If this is what you guys did forJames Ibori, Stella Odua, Joshua Dariye, and others, I am not surprised these guys were not convicted. Little wonder all corruption cases don't end up in conviction. If anyone goes to court with peripheral information such as these, no judge will grant a conviction.
The proceed of corruption can be used to buy a bicycle or nothing; and that does change the fact that it is corruption. The proceeds of corruption may have been spent patapata. Meaning even if DSS found no money in the judge's houses, that does not affect a case of corruption in any significant way.
The real evidence we need are evidence of people who paid brides to the judge; the evidence of a go-between; Audio and video record of the process from negotiations to dropping of the cash to the judge. Fundamentally inciminating evidence from the judge call logs to go-betweens, and several other evidence. So far I am yet to see 5% of the evidence needed to establish corruption.
Let's stop talking about Rolls Royce or foreign currencies. That is not how to prove corruption. These are evidence that gives DSS a reasonable suspicion to effect arrest and carry out investigation; that is not the evidence to prove corruption.
I hope this will help our excitement. We always get too excited about weightless information like this. What has happened to Stella Odua, Fayose, Allynson Madueke and many others with all the figures that were put in the media. Gbenga Daniel nko? How about Dimeji Bankole? Assuming Jonathan spared them, why hasn't Buhari convicted any of them?
When the Federal Government sued Saraki and Ekweremadu for forgery, I remember stating it on this platform on my Wall that the evidence are not sufficient. Now the case has been withdrawn. A person can benefit from forgery without being guilty of it.
Guys we are too learned to allow security agencies to confuse us. Let DSS produce the real evidence.
NOW IS MY POSITION:
Let's ask DSS for the real evidence. Even if they are not producing it to the press, let them demonstrate that they have it.
- A judge travelled to Ghana or Niger to collect bribe!
-Who told them?
-Any video or audio to that effect?
-Whose bribe did the judge go there to collect?
-Any statement by the person who gave him the bribe?
-How must is the bribe collected?
-For what purpose was it collected?
-Is it about a case?
-Who are the parties to the case?
-Have you interviewed them?
By asking these questions instead of getting so excited about the foreign corrency especially and the Rolls Royce, we will help DSS a great deal.
2. Secondly let's advise DSS to go back to NJC. They should present their allegations to NJC. It is better if the affected judges are suspended or removed while they are facing prosecution. Otherwise a Supreme Court judge will leave the dock in the morning and sit to hear a case in the afternoon. That is not too good. That is why it is always better to have a judge face disciplinary action even if it is suspension before their prosecution.
I hope this changes our conversation a little

I like ur handwriting it's too long angry cheesy
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by afla: 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
If buhari gives in to the blackmail of cjn to name people close to buhari who have been bribing the judges then he should forget about this anti corruption fight in totality and concentrate on getting our economy back to where it was when he took over. After that he should just pack his bags and go and wait for his painful and shameful end in daura.

9 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by heilige(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
this guy should return to daura

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Originalsly: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hmmm.... let's first arrest the judges.... then later we'll see if we can charge them for anything.

6 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by ychris: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
Liability:
We yoruba muslims are sorry for voting in buhari
bcomputer101:

shut up and speak for yourself alone.
#Ode
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by jerrybabasam: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
This just confirmed that the current Nigeria govt is senseless and most of the times they don't even know what to do at right time except FABRICATION of Lies

6 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Modath passingshot hungerbad come and see how this government disgraces you daily
Leave those buffalos...even their monikers speaks volume.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
one and a half years into your administration, not a single conviction. In about six months it will be half term, all we hear is story in nespaper, this man stole this, that woman stole that, EFCC arresting people, they arrest this, they arrest that, even dog owner you arrest, conviction no, even dog owner no conviction. Economy, you have no clue, but that's ok only a fool voted for you to fix economy. Sensible people voted for you to fight corruption...that's your real mandate, that's what you are known for. We are on your side o but we are waiting o because you will come again in 2019, talking story, making promises !

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by ElsonMorali: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
Let it be put off indefinitely.

Let them taste the flavour of awaiting trial small. Lol. Just kidding.

I hope we have a provision in the law called the patriot act to back this up though.

They should not be arraigned though until all the corrupt judges are rounded up. I hear there's another wave of arrests loading.

Please if you're on Nairaland and your papa is one of the judges give us updates abeg.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Aegon(m): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
seniorkachion:

This govt sure knows how to divert attention from its failures.
They perfectly diverted our attention from the SGF who cut grass with #270 million. They used the judges matter to cover it up. Clinical move.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
[b]MY QUESTION IS ; DID THE DSS GO TO THE HOUSES WITH THEIR PERSONAL BANKER OR A COUNTING MACHINE TO KNOW HOW MUCH WAS THERE... I WANT TO SEE VIDEO EVIDENCE...OF THEM GETTING THE MONEY AND COUNTING IT...I HEAR BILLION MILLIONS I WONDER HOW MANY DAYS THEY TOOK TO COUNT IT, HOW ARE WE SURE THEY DIDN'T KEEP SOME FOR THEMSELVES,
HOW ARE WE SURE THE MONEY WERE THEIRS .
HOW ARE WE SURE THEY WEREN'T SET UP AS THE ACCUSED JUDGES HAVE NO VOICE, NO ONE CAN HEAR THEIR OWN SIDE OF THE STORY...

ALL WE ARE HEARING ARE FOR DSS SIDES, THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO ANY STORY..WE CANNOT JUST TAKE STONES AND PELT A PERSON BECAUSE SOME ONE SAYS HE IS A THIEF THEY MAY SAY IT BECAUSE THEY ARE JEALOUS, THEY MAY SAY IT BECAUSE THEY HATE THE PERSON,
YOU WILL NEVER KNOW TILL YOU HEAR FROM THE ACCUSED AND THE ACCUSER...
I DONT TRUST THESE GOVERNMENT, IF YOU COULD PUT UDO UDOMA AS THE MINISTER OF PLANNING AND HE DOESN'T KNOW OUR DEBT PROFILE AND WENT ALL THE WAY TO GRANT CNN AN INTERVIEW AND DISGRACED US, THEN THE GOVT IS FULL OF CHARLATANS THAT HAVE NO BUSINESS GOVERNING [/b]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Bizibi(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
Oghene!!!!! Kai!!!!!,they gave food to argue on fr days then came back to spit on our faces,OK!!!
Those naughthy zombies will avoid this thread.....yeye beings

4 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Charlico2(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
I am worried about the date & time of this Tweet from SR because It is just 16.16hrs by my time now in Lagos!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Charlico2(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
I am worried about the date & time of this Tweet from SR because It is just 16.16hrs by my time now in Lagos and today's date is 12/10/16!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Miles300: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
I have been saying here that it's not everything u read in the media that is true , all of this is to make people forget about the dire needs of our economy , he pursues corrupt people to build momentum wit the people , if indeed one is accused of corrutption why not wit the evidence brought against the person and take him to court for prosecution ...

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
Eketem:
Good for Nigerians they always fall for the drama

Dont you know that APC photocracy are affiliated to nollywood ?

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Urukpe: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZanyABC:
NOW THAT THE CONTROVERSY REGARDING THE RECENT 'CRACKDOWN' ON JUDGES IS OVER: WHAT NEXT?
If you have money, you can really take advantage of government in this country. There is too much noise; too much sentiments and little 'intelligent conversation'. At the end of day, everything is swept under the carpet.
Notwithstanding where each of us stood regarding the last saturday's crackdown on judges, I am sure EVERY Nigerian now worries about how to get the judges convicted, if truly they are gulty.
NOW imagine what people are talking about! Let's even assume that the arrest of the judges meets the standard of law, are we going to get them convicted with all these conversation people are having?
What conversations am I talking about? DSS has been releasing 'evidence' against the judges and here are some of them: a list of 'monies' recovered from judges' bedrooms; the fact that a Rolls Royce was found in a judge's compound, the fact that a judge has 15 cars, the fact that a judge has several properties...etc
In which part of the law is keeping money at home a crime? Even if you keep N200 billion in your house, that in itself is not corruption. It does not take a brilliant lawyer few days to come up with some explanations for you.
In which section of the law is owing a Rolls Royce a crime? There are a thousand and one legitinate ways to own a Rolls Royce. Could be a birthday gift from your daughter's man. Could be proceeds of business. If DSS finds 1000 Rolls Royce in a person's house, that is not proof of corruption. Even if you own all the houses in Nigeria, that is not a crime. We should stop asking people to come and explain how they got XYZ amount of money! That is the easiest way to lose a corruption case.
If this is what you guys did forJames Ibori, Stella Odua, Joshua Dariye, and others, I am not surprised these guys were not convicted. Little wonder all corruption cases don't end up in conviction. If anyone goes to court with peripheral information such as these, no judge will grant a conviction.
The proceed of corruption can be used to buy a bicycle or nothing; and that does change the fact that it is corruption. The proceeds of corruption may have been spent patapata. Meaning even if DSS found no money in the judge's houses, that does not affect a case of corruption in any significant way.
The real evidence we need are evidence of people who paid brides to the judge; the evidence of a go-between; Audio and video record of the process from negotiations to dropping of the cash to the judge. Fundamentally inciminating evidence from the judge call logs to go-betweens, and several other evidence. So far I am yet to see 5% of the evidence needed to establish corruption.
Let's stop talking about Rolls Royce or foreign currencies. That is not how to prove corruption. These are evidence that gives DSS a reasonable suspicion to effect arrest and carry out investigation; that is not the evidence to prove corruption.
I hope this will help our excitement. We always get too excited about weightless information like this. What has happened to Stella Odua, Fayose, Allynson Madueke and many others with all the figures that were put in the media. Gbenga Daniel nko? How about Dimeji Bankole? Assuming Jonathan spared them, why hasn't Buhari convicted any of them?
When the Federal Government sued Saraki and Ekweremadu for forgery, I remember stating it on this platform on my Wall that the evidence are not sufficient. Now the case has been withdrawn. A person can benefit from forgery without being guilty of it.
Guys we are too learned to allow security agencies to confuse us. Let DSS produce the real evidence.
NOW IS MY POSITION:
Let's ask DSS for the real evidence. Even if they are not producing it to the press, let them demonstrate that they have it.
-Who told them?
-Is it about a case?
By asking these questions instead of getting so excited about the foreign corrency especially and the Rolls Royce, we will help DSS a great deal.
2. Secondly let's advise DSS to go back to NJC. They should present their allegations to NJC. It is better if the affected judges are suspended or removed while they are facing prosecution. Otherwise a Supreme Court judge will leave the dock in the morning and sit to hear a case in the afternoon. That is not too good. That is why it is always better to have a judge face disciplinary action even if it is suspension before their prosecution.

You have a point. what suprise me is that they called it Sting operation.

Sting operation is what Obasanjo and Otedela did to that law maker, collecting life bribe and was video life by Otedala. Its very difficult to get off that hook.

Is the same way the FBI did thiers. They use a normal case already in court, and offer bribe to the judge thru one of his accomplice. He collected the bribe and was caught. That is sting operation. Not breaking into someone house in the ngt

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Eden007(m): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
You cannot try to remove something from someone's eyes when you have same if not worst in yours. The evidence these supreme Court judges have against buhari if released would shock the world. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dog lie..buhari never knew njc had such evidences in the first place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by alt3r3g0: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZanyABC:
NOW IS MY POSITION:
-Who told them?
-Is it about a case?

Even the one of Riki Tarfa with call logs and transaction evidence has been swept under the carpet.

Just like the story of the Naked Emperor....in Nigeria, its glaring that the Emperor is naked...everyone can see it, every one knows it..but the moment one speaks out, others that can clearly see the same thing will shut them down and insist that its not true.

Everyone knows there is massive corrruption in the land....touch one person and people will rise to their defence. Sabotage national asset and people will rise to their defence...incriminate yourself in a corruption case where people directly involved have plead guilty and people will rise to your defence and protests in many states, threaten the sovereignty of this nation, and people will still rise to your defence.

Our moral compass of right and wrong does not seem to exist. Its a shame

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Miles300: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
sdindan:
End of the drama.

Hahahaha nxt episode , and wen nxt episode comes out , we will all be playing along and callin them thieves wen we av no idea of wats going on .. Nigeria youth now av the mentality that everything that comes online is true !!

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Hayzedious: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
Liability:
We yoruba muslims are sorry for voting in buhari
we don hear you... Spokesman for Yoruba Muslim Association
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by 989900: 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZanyABC:
[s]NOW THAT THE CONTROVERSY REGARDING THE RECENT 'CRACKDOWN' ON JUDGES IS OVER: WHAT NEXT?
NOW IS MY POSITION:
-Who told them?
-Is it about a case?
I hope this changes our conversation a [/s]little
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Hennynitan(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
Every corrupt man in Nigeria shud b within bars... no first class season and no one shud b above d law... if dis judges are corrupt den dey shud face trial...
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Claumy2(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nigeria is in comatose as far as Buhari remains her president. DSS is Buhari's thug...
Shoot me if you can... I don talk am...

*****na wettin self****

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by lagdmark(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
PEPPERified:
Buhari always showing himself. Clueless and dull totalitarian.

Always proving to the world that you are completely clueless and dumb.
Na so, the Buhashit is given corrupt Nigerians the opportunity to do more, no shaking.
The Big boys know that buhari and his efcc na all Show, nothing dey happen

2 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by lanreni: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZanyABC:
NOW IS MY POSITION:
-Who told them?
-Is it about a case?
intellectual but sentimental rubbish by typically bribed lawyers! first the questions u wanted to ask will be asked by their lawyers in a proper courtroom, not in a nairaland courtroom. you are d ones that will call it media trials.secondly, a corruption case canbe established without a sting operation. were the assets declared in their asset declaration forms? can their income support it? if they gifts, can it be established that they were inducements?forexample, if d DSScan prove d monies were transfered to themfromgov. wike's accounts who happened to have hada case before some of the judges? if they were clean gifts from friends and relations or from profit from businesses, then you must provite financial documents and tax clearances. so you see, acase can beestablishedand won without actually planting bribes. rather than condemn their lawful actions, we should rather follow the cases and make them pursue it ti a logical conclusion. people were demonstrating at d EFCC's office that mrs jonathan should be prosecuted.thats the way to go.why? before the ellites settle it and obtain backdoor judgements. the masses become the loosers and victimswhen they sweep it under d carpet. now judicial commission has written the president and the arrested judges issue is not among what do you think is happening? they are negotiating a soft landing for themselves and others who the DSS will come for. we are the ones that must not keep fighting ourselves by condemning every effort of any govt. and be torn along ethnic,religousand party lines. APC and PDP are dsame. we are d ones that must seize the opportunity to bring the change that we want, which may not be the type of change that they campaigned about. by the way; no judge standing trial has the moral capacity to sit over any case. so it is automatic suspension.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by millhouse: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
terrible govt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obla-led Panel Orders Probe Of Bishop Orieke Over Fake Buhari Death Certificate / Fayose, Ajimobi And Aregbesola Laughing Out Loud. Caption Photo / Bandits Demand Rice, Beans To Feed 121 Kidnapped Kaduna Baptist School Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.