Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (81953 Views)

Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How Nigerian Men In USA Kill Their Imported Wives / Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by kabaka1: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2016
TruthHurts1:
No wonder they refused to pass the Gender Equality Law. Nigerian men are too insecure to manage a woman who's more successful than them.

In Nigeria society tells a woman to "humble yourself" before her husband, when in actual fact they mean "humiliate yourself".

Because the only virtuous woman in the eyes of a Nigerian man is a timid, emotionally and financially dependent woman. If you're an educated, wealthy, intelligent and outspoken woman, its like a warning system goes on in the mind of an average Nigerian man. He will do everything to "tame" you and when he fails he will tell everyone that you are "proud" and "stubborn".

Forget about becoming a Proverbs 31 woman because the primitive mind of your typical African man is too sub-evolved to understand such a concept.

Thank u as u've just hit the nail on the head

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 12:03am On Oct 13, 2016
Akinwerndey:
you son of a baby factory... You're so dumb clueless and unrepentantly foolish and demented... So because they sponsored their wives to nursing school and because they divorce them means they should take laws into their hands and kill dem abi? Or na so your papa take kill ya mama? Okpo!!
You are harsh...dnt bring hisnown parent to this thread...DTS rude
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by DOMINIC101(m): 12:05am On Oct 13, 2016
If u wia on their shoes u will do more than them.Their wives are fucking up,I luv wat the did to them
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 12:10am On Oct 13, 2016
toyinid78:
even satan does nt agree to woman bin head not to even talk of God,so u prefer ur husband cook,wash,sweep n do d dishes while u sit nad watch tv n wen he dies u do d burial,u must b a witch
Real witch...and the suffer wey go hit this kind of girl dey do training with the recruits army.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 12:16am On Oct 13, 2016
baby124:
These guys are all big fools. Old papa of 50 that married 28yr old! That guy is probably a psychopath and has been rejected by the girls in the US comes home to marry his retirement package. How e no go kill am? If a man comes home to find a wife, he has problems. There are women abroad he can marry, except he had a girlfriend before he left for abroad. Never buy the lie that there are no girls abroad. Big lie, there must be something very wrong with the groom. Most are completely crazy or impotent
I agree with you...there are girls here but as a man,will ou you like to get married to a lady that will still be fucking her high school boyfriend on your own bed while you are at work? Will you like your kids to be wayward as dos real akata( blackamerican is?) This is why most opt to go back to village hoping to get a trained wife that knows much about culture and marry her as wife.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 12:20am On Oct 13, 2016
It's really easy to say "why would the man kill the woman, he has no right to do so". In fact, that's absolutely correct; however, most men aren't stable enough to handle the psychological torture their wives dishes out to them. Many talk about divorce like it's an easy cake, well guess what, the average divorce takes at least 2 years to finalize and that's if there aren't much assets involved, and both parties are willing to be cooperative. Who's gonna pay the attorney fees? In fact, there's are limitation to how a court will exercise favorable laws to the woman for instance if the woman committed adultery or something else.

Also, on the issue of mortgage, the 50/50 rule is dependent on state law and so many things are considered. I've seen a case (a close friend), he wouldn't pay the mortgage, he used it as a leverage. Of course failure to pay your mortgage is invitation for foreclosure, the lady finally agreed to some of his terms, they just finalized their divorce last month. Divorce terms are negotiable and there are many ways to hide assets (if you know how I mean), I see no reason for killing the woman.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 12:21am On Oct 13, 2016
ponti93:
plz what is RN
Romancing Nurses.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 12:22am On Oct 13, 2016
ponti93:
plz what is RN

Registered Nurse

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 12:23am On Oct 13, 2016
Missonas:

Resident nurse i think
Lols...Olodo...resident nurse ko...rapala nurse ni
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Akinwerndey: 12:31am On Oct 13, 2016
Taryur3:
You are harsh...dnt bring hisnown parent to this thread...DTS rude
thanks for the correction I'm feeling bad about it...
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 12:35am On Oct 13, 2016
cyrilamx:
this kind of mindset u exhibiting is synonymous with that of the women. Who told you Nigerian men inherit their wives property in eventuality if divorce? A fellow lady like u, An RN in state of Texas condemned what these Nigerian ladies are doing and u here talking about insecurity. Continue, you may share similar fate if your hubby sponsor u to the US, and u decide to toil the same path of the women....Gid helping you.
Don't tell her pls...she will definitely meet her own if she don't change.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Lenny5k: 12:36am On Oct 13, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
So you are trying to tell me now that these men killed their wives because the wives made more money than them? undecided....that is what you are trying to make me believe?

No he is not trying to make you Believe anything! Just telling you the Stories as they happened it is left for you make your own conclusion.. A friend of mine (Lady with 3 Kids) was Lucky to Move out in Time before her own case result in Death as the Man was Constantly Beating her... When she finally Break Free and Granted an Interview to a Nigerian Mag, you know what the ex Husband said? "Everybody will now see me liek a Bad person because of you" ... so his public image was so important to him and not the damage he did to her
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 12:44am On Oct 13, 2016
Akinwerndey:
thanks for the correction I'm feeling bad about it...
You shoundnt bro...if you are in this messy environment you will understand what is going on.I don't support the killings but Nigerian born american wives can push you to the wall and cement u up...if chanced. Am aware of a brother DTS about to kill his wife 3weeks ago in Arizona.not by shooting but using electric shock.I wept when he told me what he is passing through in the hands of his wife that earns $31 per hour as a human resources manager while d man earns $22 as a factory man.this same man brought her from naija,send her to school for masters..made her a person...
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Missy89(f): 12:45am On Oct 13, 2016
CFCman:

Entry-level RN's make around $25/hr; while the LVNs ("auxiliary nurse) earns between $15-$18/hr.

In fact, an entry-level RN can earn $60,000 or more here in the US.

you mean in Cali.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 12:48am On Oct 13, 2016
Missy89:

you mean in Cali.

I'd expect the salary slightly higher in places like Cali, NY and other expensive cities. Then again, that's for an entry level, probably 0-3 years experience.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 13, 2016
manny4life:
It's really easy to say "why would the man kill the woman, he has no right to do so". In fact, that's absolutely correct; however, most men aren't stable enough to handle the psychological torture their wives dishes out to them. Many talk about divorce like it's an easy cake, well guess what, the average divorce takes at least 2 years to finalize and that's if there aren't much assets involved, and both parties are willing to be cooperative. Who's gonna pay the attorney fees? In fact, there's are limitation to how a court will exercise favorable laws to the woman for instance if the woman committed adultery or something else.

Also, on the issue of mortgage, the 50/50 rule is dependent on state law and so many things are considered. I've seen a case (a close friend), he wouldn't pay the mortgage, he used it as a leverage. Of course failure to pay your mortgage is invitation for foreclosure, the lady finally agreed to some of his terms, they just finalized their divorce last month. Divorce terms are negotiable and there are many ways to hide assets (if you know how I mean), I see no reason for killing the woman.

You're right on the 50/50 issue.

In community property states like CA, all property acquired during the course of the marriage has to be split equally; unless the prenuptial agreement says otherwise.
Even at that, the prenup could be declared null and void if the judge believes the agreement is so one-sided i.e. one party gets 95% of the assets and the other gets 5%.

Of course, if the man is at fault (he committed domestic violence, serially attempts to rape his wife, or cheats on his wife), he will lose the house.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 13, 2016
Missy89:

you mean in Cali.
Yeah
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by baby124: 1:05am On Oct 13, 2016
Taryur3:

I agree with you...there are girls here but as a man,will ou you like to get married to a lady that will still be fucking her high school boyfriend on your own bed while you are at work? Will you like your kids to be wayward as dos real akata( blackamerican is?) This is why most opt to go back to village hoping to get a trained wife that knows much about culture and marry her as wife.
Nonsense. There are many Nigerian born girls in America! The most useless girls I know in Nigeria are the village girls. They tear eye pass and do all these things and more that you are afraid of before the age of 16 sef
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 1:17am On Oct 13, 2016
CFCman:

You're right on the 50/50 issue.

In community property states like CA, all property acquired during the course of the marriage has to be split equally; unless the prenuptial agreement says otherwise.
Even at that, the prenup could be declared null and void if the judge believes the agreement is so one-sided i.e. one party gets 95% of the assets and the other gets 5%.

Of course, if the man is at fault (he committed domestic violence, serially attempts to rape his wife, or cheats on his wife), he will lose the house.

Assuming there's no prenup, just as many cases where a prenup isn't existing, the man has many other options. Divorce settlements sometimes take years to finalize, so I can either do one of two things: voluntarily surrender the property, OR simply allow the bank to foreclose on the property. That way the house is listed for auction, and sold for less value than it's worth. The thought of having foreclosure debt, even if she had full custody, considering a meager amount of child support (of cos no spousal support because she's earning more) and the damage to our credit is more than enough for her to know that the odds aren't in her favor. There's a lot of leverage to get what you want from a divorce IF the man is willing to play dirty i.e. not killing or hurting his wife in any way.

I heard retirement accounts, 401k, etc can be withdrawn as a pas-through corporation or a Trust entity whereby it isn't subjected to any form of tax and/or divorce settlement. These are ideas men should be seek to explore, like I've always posited before: in a divorce, speak to expert professionals. There are loopholes in the law which any man can use to his advantage. Many wealthy people exploit these loopholes, why can't an average Joe do the same instead of killing the woman.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 13, 2016
manny4life:

Assuming there's no prenup, just as many cases where a prenup isn't existing, the man has many other options. Divorce settlements sometimes take years to finalize, so I can either do one of two things: voluntarily surrender the property, OR simply allow the bank to foreclose on the property. That way the house is listed for auction, and sold for less value than it's worth. The thought of having foreclosure debt, even if she had full custody, considering a meager amount of child support (of cos no spousal support because she's earning more) and the damage to our credit is more than enough for her to know that the odds aren't in her favor. There's a lot of leverage to get what you want from a divorce IF the man is willing to play dirty i.e. not killing or hurting his wife in any way.

I even heard that retirement accounts, 401k, etc can be withdrawn as a pas-through corporation or a Trust entity whereby it isn't subjected to any form of tax and/or divorce settlement. These are ideas men should be seek to explore, like I've always posited before: in a divorce, speak to expert professionals. There are loopholes in the law which any man can use to his advantage. Many wealthy people exploit these loopholes, why can't an average Joe do the same instead of killing the woman.

But would the men in question spend money on the financial experts? And they would also have to pay a flat-fee to a family law attorney during the process. Bear in mind that inheritances are not subject to the sharing formula. So whatever one party inherits from the parents remains entirely his or hers.

All that can cost close to $10,000. That amount of money is huge for the guys earning $40k per annum. So, the men resort to the 'cheap' route of separation from their wives.

But I do hope those men spend lengthy periods in jail. The dude in Texas may even be executed.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by aceblizzle: 1:40am On Oct 13, 2016
[quote author=vanvino post=50149702]The sad part of this, is the Children, yet we wonder why the society is like this. Women refusing to take the Help mate Role all because of money. Question how about the children? Did they ask for this?[/quoe]

why should they take it,because she has vagina?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by eyinjuege: 2:00am On Oct 13, 2016
yinkslinks:
Hmmm, hubby trainned wife to be his atm machine in America and atm gets updated and refuses to despense cash grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dazzall....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Taryur3(m): 2:02am On Oct 13, 2016
baby124:

Nonsense. There are many Nigerian born girls in America! The most useless girls I know in Nigeria are the village girls. They tear eye pass and do all these things and more that you are afraid of before the age of 16 sef
With due respect...you have no right to quote my word as nonsense...there should be a better language I think you can use if u disagree with my point that I will understand.stop it.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Fourwinds: 3:22am On Oct 13, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Is Christianity and Islam the only religion in the world?
they are not..now tell me d religion dat allow a woman to head a home
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by abike12(f): 4:38am On Oct 13, 2016
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]

And you had to embroil his mom in this imbroglio? Talk about mannerless

[/size]

Brb. Lemme get my dictionary
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobleking2000(m): 5:24am On Oct 13, 2016
ttmacoy:
You loving and respecting each other should have nothing to do with sponsoring self or not.

As a couple there is nothing wrong helping each other to achieve the life you want for yourselves, but if you feel wary about sponsoring her then it shows you don't trust her. You may as well break the relationship and find someone else who is at the level you want and doesn't need sponsoring.

What I will say is a couple who trust, love and respect each other, who work together for the good of the relationship and family can achieve a lot, and yes you may sponsor her today, but who says she will not be in the position to sponsor you in a different way in the future?

This couples in question once loved, respected and worked together for the good of the relationship but the sudden change in the behavior of the Wife is a cause for concern. She can get everything she wants but the aspect of of a time resident of any of this country is out of place .
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by esperon25: 5:37am On Oct 13, 2016
You might as well endorse the activities of Boko Haram.
Don't worry you may soon be getting your wish: Women are watching and reading these stories, and they'll be emboldened to attack and possibly kill men as well. The dead men too will appear before God.

Murder is not justified for whatever degree of provocation.
cyrilamx:
did u read where they said the women later start disrespecting the men because of American liberal law leaning towards feminism? Or how they throw the men out and have custody of the kids and get the property?

The op ain't lying. I have an RN sister in the US..
She does say something...how Nigerian RN ladies are treating their hubbies and those divorced turning lesbians. Put yourself in the men's shoe and see how frustrating for your sweat to he taking from you. They killed them well. Let them appeared before God...foolish women.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 13, 2016
razortruth:
Before you hastily condemn the men based on the sensational headline of this post, consider the fact that most of those "wives" were nothing when the hard working man in abroad brought them and cleaned them up and sent them to nursing school. Once those "wives" get registered as nurses and start working, their husbands become nothing before their eyes. They quickly learn the western powers of women over men and even bring home their boy friends just to provoke their husbands for divorce and to inherit all the man acquired over the years. Those "wives are evil and a man without self control can kill them before he realizes what he is doing

It is difficult to exercise self control when a woman you went across many oceans to marry in Nigeria, go through all the hassles to bring to the US, sent her to Nursing school, worked jobs to train so she can support in the dream family you both conceived. Now at the end of the day when she has realised the dream you set out together, she turns around to bite the finger that fed her. She begins to see the man as dispensible and uses the American justice system to turn the man to a robot because

1. You can't hit her or you go to jail even if she brings a man home.

2. You can't divorce her cos she will get the lion share of all you've worked for even before you ever set eyes on her let alone marry, plus you'll be paying child support.

3. She can one day wake up and file for divorce on trumped up charges and still get everything as in number 2 above.

I have an older friend who suffered this fate in the US. A once wealthy professor was reduced to nothing by a wife he married and brought to the US. House gone, cars, and he still has to be paying child support and the woman still had the kids turned against him because it's very easy for a mother to turn the kids against their father. Thank God the man didn't take the death route, instead he left the US for them and returned to Nigeria.

Whoever supports what some of these women become over there needs a cross examination.

Gbam!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ArabMopol(m): 5:56am On Oct 13, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
So you are trying to tell me now that these men killed their wives because the wives made more money than them? undecided....that is what you are trying to make me believe?
uncle I knew u didnt read all the contents, reread it
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by chukssnkeze: 6:02am On Oct 13, 2016
Some of this nigerian women are like that, I have a cousin too a woman who is also threatening her husband with divorce, it was the man who married and carried her abroad (USA) and paid for her school fees I wonder why women are like that

Even in Nigeria once your wife start to get small change let alone earn more than the man wahala don come be that
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by agrovick(m): 6:21am On Oct 13, 2016
omooba969:

grin why do u wanna know?
I'm only surprised by your strong conviction

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation / Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.