Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (81955 Views)

Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How Nigerian Men In USA Kill Their Imported Wives / Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy Dodo....funny one! Amen I that, at least I will benefit at the end of the day smiley
back2sender:

Thats my prayer for you, that your husband will be a dodo in the house while you be the BOSS.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Ugosample(m): 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
falopey:

No. The moral of the story is don't bother to come to Nigeria to pick a wife. Pick a wife there in America.

Many Nigerian wives realize their "potential" once brought to the US. Some of them do worse thing to their husband even more than what an American woman would do. Just to prove a point to their husband that they are no more in Nigerian system where husband has upper hands. So they over do it and drive their husband crazy.

It's more hurtful to be hurt by someone deliberately hurting you to get at you than someone doing it not because she wants to get back at you for anything but just doing it because it's what entails in the system.

Very true indeed
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by abike12(f): 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
ajensly1987:
I pity you people like you will remain permanently unmarried and latter strugle for land with their brothers. Olosho

I went to check out your profile and I have to say I'm pleased that your outside looks match your hateful insides.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Is Christianity and Islam the only religion in the world?
Fourwinds:
ok.. tell dat to a muslim brother too okay
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by tyokunbo(m): 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Very sad story.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Burgerlomo: 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
Marriott1980:
This right here is deep. An average Nigerian woman in America will always want to use the American legal system to deal with their husbands on issues which can be settled amicably if they were in Nigeria. I always say it that the American Legal system only favors Women, Children and Animals. The men don't have any right whatsoever.

How can you take what someone has worked all their life to accomplish in America which is a no mans land and expect that person to go home singing Shakiti Bobo? NO! These are crimes of passion and I pity those men because they felt boxed into a corner and feel there is nothing to live for anymore. We see all these things happening here in America everyday and honestly our naija brothers and sisters need to do better.

Never ever forget where you come from or how you started.

Abeg help me tell them
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
[quote author=TROY85 post=50148633][/quote]
I pray your daughter gets killed just because an insecure hypocrite can't let go and move on.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by AreaFada2: 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
razortruth:
Before you hastily condemn the men based on the sensational headline of this post, consider the fact that most of those "wives" were nothing when the hard working man in abroad brought them and cleaned them up and sent them to nursing school. Once those "wives" get registered as nurses and start working, their husbands become nothing before their eyes. They quickly learn the western powers of women over men and even bring home their boy friends just to provoke their husbands for divorce and to inherit all the man acquired over the years. Those "wives are evil and a man without self control can kill them before he realizes what he is doing
Perhaps the simple message here is that be careful with the kind of woman you empower. Lots of women will abuse that power. Why they may go to church daily, the bit of the Bible that says " be submissive to your hubby" has no meaning.
The clever thing could be marry her, leave her in 9ja. Impregnate & have the kids in 9ja. Your kids will still get the Yankee Kpali.
That might be the best way to avoid being a murderer.

Once you kill, no provocation or reasons can explain it. You, your wife and many people are ruined for life. Your kids will suffer it for life too.
Marriage now is also game of power. A humble person today will totally change when he/she starts making good money. If you showed him/her the way earlier in life & they come to make more money or live in a bigger house than you, they might even join others to sneer at you about how you are "not fast". Just human nature generally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by vanvino(m): 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
So you are trying to tell me now that these men killed their wives because the wives made more money than them? undecided....that is what you are trying to make me believe?
that is not the point, the Issue is When these women make their money they lose their Head, no respect, no regard for their husband, yet it is this their Husband that make them what they are
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobleking2000(m): 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
ttmacoy:
Sounds like you are not confident in your relationship.

If you truly love each other and have mutual respect for each other then you will be fine.

What if she earns more than you in Nigeria?

.Then she should be able to sponsor herself
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by OmoOsanyin: 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
So you are trying to tell me now that these men killed their wives because the wives made more money than them? undecided....that is what you are trying to make me believe?

No!

Because they negated their wifey role, forgot where their journey, disrespected their well meaning benefactors, became arrogant, egotist. Swarmed in the American attributes, provoking, became self-centered, unloving, deluded, irritating, annoying, unlistening, unattractive, using, errant, and etc, etc.

No smoke without fire?

FYI, these are just a few mentioned cases.
Surely there's more, time may or not reveal them.

Learn to appreciate, learn to be selfless. Learn sensitivity, learn to love unconditionally.

As the newbie Nigeria woman adopts the American attributes, the man likewise has his to annex in the physical and subconscious, waiting to unleash giving the opportunity.

It's unfortunately repugnant and sad

Just the way the cookie crumbles!

CRIME OF PASSION.
premeditated or not.

Here again we lost it.
Respect and compliance could easily have been attained the African way. No death necessary .
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by vanvino(m): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
And who says the wife can't be the head of a home? Here is a clear evidence grin cool tongue
Matriarchy is gradually happening cheesy grin
kiss
and you wonder why there is so much Divorce in this our time.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by omooba969(m): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
agrovick:

Nooooooooooooooooo, that's a life I'm eagerly anticipating. I was only advising our brothers in diaspora

Guys there's nothing in marriage to be eager about.
It is loaded with stress/palava...it is hardwork!

My 2kobo. cool
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by otipoju(m): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
And who says the wife can't be the head of a home? Here is a clear evidence grin cool tongue
kiss

As long as sey na man dey raise your two leg up... you are dreaming. Most of this men saw the signs of gold digging in these women but chose to ignore them and take the necessary precautions
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by 2mNaira: 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ngokafor:

....you should really get a life and stop this nonsense...what harm will it do to Nigerian women??..if any harm is done it is to Nigerian men cos it portrays you lots as murderous,out-of-control savages....

...You will leave all the women in America..whites,African-American,Hispanic,Nigerian-American ,Asian-American and come running back home to villages cos you know most of the aforementioned will not tolerate your nonsense,..to look for naive ladies to use as cash cows while you lounge around like a good number of you do in Nigeria ...You lots talk about sponsoring,why not sponsor yourselves to study Nursing and earn big if it is easy??...abi una dey forbid am? angry

....Instead of looking for cash-cows to fleece and boss around,kindly marry the women in America and leave 'village' ladies alone...and i dont mean 60yr old whitewomen that is in vogue with most of you lipsrsealed

Pls as a matter of principle and I don't ever insult people.

And if I will ever insult people it wont be because they have an opinion that differs from mine.

I learnt many years ago that the mature thingh to do is to counter,disprove,or attack people opinion and not their person in an intellectual discource or debate.

I will appreciate it if you refrain from casting aspersion at me whenerver you wish to contradict me.

It would have been better if you had left out the clause "go get a life."

The vast majority of home- based Nigerian men aspire to marry Nigerian women. They already made that decision long long before they were opportuned to go abroad.That has always been their dream.

Also, vast majority of home based Nigerian men, see it as a normal thing to improve the lot of their families by educating their children and , if neccessary, thier wives.Its a mindset.

In addition,their is a particular way,families who live in Nigeria operate.

When an home-based Nigerian goes abroad.He sees the marriage structure abroad as being aberrant,wrong and improper.

The primary reason they return home to get wives is because they want to marry a Nigerian and possibly one of the same tribe as them and they want their family to be structured the way it is structured in Nigeria.

Here in Nigeria, men rule thier homes, children and wives.

So, it is not because those men seek a cash cow that they chose to come back home to get a bride.It is because they wsnt to marry a Nigerian and especially one they can rule.

The central issue here is that the imported wife refuse to be ruled which led to the creation
of a miriad of problem.The central issue here is not cash.You will see that if you carefully read inbetween the lines.

The consequence is that home-base Nigerians who have never lived abroad ,on reading this may experience a change in mindset. This means that when such have a cause to go abroad they may decide to:

1. not take their wife with them,if married.
2. Jilt their Nigerian fiancee, on going abroad.
3. deliberately not do anything to enhance the professional growth of any woman they import or even secretly work against their growth just to have them them under control.

The op may not affect Nigerian women who are born abroad or who went abroad on their own; but it definitely affect those that are still at home in Nigeria.

Now, no thanks to the op, the eyes of home-bases Nigerian men has been opened without having gone abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by OmoOsanyin: 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
kiss

Costs?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by vanvino(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
The sad part of this, is the Children, yet we wonder why the society is like this. Women refusing to take the Help mate Role all because of money. Question how about the children? Did they ask for this?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by agrovick(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
omooba969:

Guys there's nothing in marriage to be eager about. It is loaded with stress/palava...it is hardwork!
My 2kobo. cool
. Seriously?? Are you married?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by cyrilamx(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
Akinwerndey:
Na wa o.... These niggas dickk needs to be chopped off, fried and given to dogs... For God sake na crime make wife hustle get money pass her husband? This is insanity!!!
did u read where they said the women later start disrespecting the men because of American liberal law leaning towards feminism? Or how they throw the men out and have custody of the kids and get the property?

The op ain't lying. I have an RN sister in the US..
She does say something...how Nigerian RN ladies are treating their hubbies and those divorced turning lesbians. Put yourself in the men's shoe and see how frustrating for your sweat to he taking from you. They killed them well. Let them appeared before God...foolish women.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
2pacamarushakur:

what is the difference between RN and auxiliary nurse and how much does a RN make per hour in the US
Entry-level RN's make around $25/hr; while the LVNs ("auxiliary nurse) earns between $15-$18/hr.

In fact, an entry-level RN can earn $60,000 or more here in the US.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by vicben27(m): 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
empower a woman too much u get wahala in return. even here in nigeria i hav heard of several cases. d wastern culture as soo much lead to a fall in standard in d way of life. woman were never created to b above d men. moral decadence evry wer broken homes , single mom n babe mama sydrome on d increas because our way of life as bin polluted.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by chrisj2(m): 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
What can one say?

This is the USA and having guns makes it easy to kill someone - just like that!

On the issue of bringing women from Nigeria abroad - it is a conundrum for a lot of men that are very Nigerian and those that find it hard to marry Nigerian women that are already abroad - e.g the USA in this case...

But it should be obvious to these men that the women might end up earning more than them - strangely the nursing route for women is clearly a good way to earn a good living and integrate better; in some cases more than the male folks that might have been slogging away for many years. But women rule in the Western world - so when the relationship breaks down the man just has to suck it up and move on - think of the kids...

I don't know what to say about some of the women in question (RIP to those that have passed and those in similar situations - go easy on the men; let them down gently). I do not think the women abroad are much more different to those in Nigeria - all the women have the same tendencies; lots of expectation of their men and they want to keep up with the Jones and quite a few are bossy. The only difference is that there are more outlets for the men in Nigeria, you also have the extended family system/elders and the rest and males in Nigeria still earn a lot more than women and are mostly the breadwinners.

Black males have always been at a disadvantage with in the white world - it is not going to change! As for the American Dream - well, it is one in a million.

But the killings is wrong!
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
What's up with costs? smiley
OmoOsanyin:

Costs?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
I wonder too smiley
vanvino:
and you wonder why there is so much Divorce in this our time.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Akinwerndey: 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
cyrilamx:
did u read where they said the women later start disrespecting the men because of American liberal law leaning towards feminism? Or how they throw the men out and have custody of the kids and get the property?

The op ain't lying. I have an RN sister in the US..
She does say something...how Nigerian RN ladies are treating their hubbies and those divorced turning lesbians. Put yourself in the men's shoe and see how frustrating for your sweat to he taking from you. They killed them well. Let them appeared before God...foolish women.
hmmm I no get the mind to kill for any reason sha... Dem cup of palm wine... Thanks all tha same at least u engaged me without insult unlike others... #Respek
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by mysteryman2014: 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
ChristineC:
Sad tales. There's nothing like marrying your friend where you both have mutual respect, not submissiveness because of fear or wealth.

Money changes many people but with a friend things will not simmer down to the level of murder. My opinion though.

Guess the loss of their lifetime properties based on America judicial system which the women are exploiting.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ttmacoy: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
You loving and respecting each other should have nothing to do with sponsoring self or not.

As a couple there is nothing wrong helping each other to achieve the life you want for yourselves, but if you feel wary about sponsoring her then it shows you don't trust her. You may as well break the relationship and find someone else who is at the level you want and doesn't need sponsoring.

What I will say is a couple who trust, love and respect each other, who work together for the good of the relationship and family can achieve a lot, and yes you may sponsor her today, but who says she will not be in the position to sponsor you in a different way in the future?

Nobleking2000:

.Then she should be able to sponsor herself

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by omooba969(m): 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
agrovick:

. Seriously?? Are you married?

grin why do u wanna know?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by cyrilamx(m): 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
Missonas:
I blame the men. No matter the money a woman makes men should never make her feel superior by leaving key responsibilities to her just cos she earns more. Even if the man is dead broke. Never ever get intimidated, or rely on a woman completely with your small jobs and little income you can still be the boss, run ur home and make her come drooling. Respect is earned!
did you comprehend what you read? Did you read where it was stated that after divorce, the men are thrown into the street and the wives inherits their lives savings? The men didn't just plan the murder cos the women earns more than them...after all they knew nurses earn higher before they sponsored their wives to become RNs.
It is the impunity and pro-feminists American laws which the women seize upon to oppress their hubbies.how can you be deprived of your life savings only for a woman who oppress u psychologically to earn all. Worst still you lose custody of the kids. Though I never condone the murder...it is the last resort of an already battered man.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Bollinger(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
falopey:

No. The moral of the story is don't bother to come to Nigeria to pick a wife. Pick a wife there in America.

Many Nigerian wives realize their "potential" once brought to the US. Some of them do worse thing to their husband even more than what an American woman would do. Just to prove a point to their husband that they are no more in Nigerian system where husband has upper hands. So they over do it and drive their husband crazy.

It's more hurtful to be hurt by someone deliberately hurting you to get at you than someone doing it not because she wants to get back at you for anything but just doing it because it's what entails in the system.

This is not what you said initially. What has your comment above have in common with what you said below?

Chanchit:
Moral if this story? Keep your family in Nigeria and let her father pay for her education.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Bollinger(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Chanchit:

Abeg no vex, do quick carry your wife go.

Another s.tupid comment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by MattFreeman007(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders, this is not a passover story; i have a brother who has passed through hell in this similar case. He Brought his wife a Nurse in Nigeria To US and registered her there to become A Registered Nurse There, but after this same woman of five children became RN, She Started Flirting And Made Life Worthless For The Husband...Uncle Benji Suffered Hell; He Lost His Home, Lost Custody Of His Children, He was subjected To Payin over 1500 dollars For child support every month or face deportation. He abandoned his House Project in the village And He is now a Begger there in US....My People, Those Kind Of Women Deserves To Be Crushed In Mortar And Pistle...That woman, came from a wretched home that had issues for three square meals and yet, this my uncle made life worthwhile for them...And She Messed Him Up Like That...It is worth more than killing ..!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation / Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.