Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory (10905 Views)

Buhari Presents Bill To Make Election Debates Mandatory / Edo Decides: Obaseki (APC) Won The Debates-Channels tv polls & nations Newspaper / NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by Xhaka100(m): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2016
H
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by Xhaka100(m): 10:35am On Oct 13, 2016
This mean bubu must participate in debate,if he wants to go for another term.we will hear osunbade,west germany or barack osama.
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:46am On Oct 13, 2016
www.nairaland.com/2127483/video-nn24-2011-presidential-debate
Buhari had participated in debate before when GEJ couldn't.
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by babyfaceafrica: 11:05am On Oct 13, 2016
Carmal90:

U are right dude, more reason I personally feel campaign is not necessary in Nigeria, the money for campaign should be used for bribing...
Cos despite d fact I love olamide music and he campaigned for APC, I wasn't moved, the only thing that could have change my mind then was MONEY
LOL
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by Dove4Peace: 11:23am On Oct 13, 2016
bayelsaowei:
They should ooo...so that illeterates don't run around ruling us...

Good point sir
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by ArabMopol(m): 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
certificateless incalculable Buffon will still give one flimsy excuse and his gullible Zombies will accept without arguing. Buhari does not have
what it takes to sustain a coherent
argument on germane issues of
governance and development.... buhari is an illiterate , this bill is dead on arrival, open debate got to play a very big role during any election
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by teebaxy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
It's a nice idea, and the debates should be subtitled in the 3 main languages that we have
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by rose54321: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
I totally agree with this and it should be hosted by channels TV NOT Nta that will give questions to the incumbent.

At all levels, presidential, Senate, house of rep, governors etc, election debates should hold. let's us citizens know who really understands the nitty gritty of the task ahead.
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
As always,our lawmakers are not professional politicians and thus lack the vision to reflect critically on ideas beforw they introduce it into bills.

A mandate is compelling, when its not fulfilled then a penalty is incurred.

So what would be penalty if a candidate refuses to attend or participate in debate? Who will conduct the debates, what are the criterias of the penalty?

I am sure all or most of your concerns raised here will be addressed by the Bill. You need to go through the content before hyperventilating. Besides, it is still a Bill. Additions and subtractions would surely be entertained before it becomes a law. Don't be too ahead of yourself, bro.
Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by kstix(m): 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
2odd:
wetin u smoke??
same weed u smoked last night

1 Like

Re: Senate To Make Election Debates Mandatory by Codes151(m): 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
Some people go vex with this comment: sincerely this is good news for all except the north!

Only if you understand!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Complete List Of Political Parties In Nigeria From 1960 Till Date / Nigeria To Prosecute Parents Who Refuse To Enrol Children In School – Minister / Tinubu's Current Picture, How True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.