Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:01 PM

2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) (6990 Views)

"Why Did You Leave Sunni Islam For Shia Islam?" / Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Shia, Suicide Bombings And Iraan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by MrOlai: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
^^ Yet Albaqir and other deviants with their accomplices would be shouting that shia scholars condemn the act!

Hypocrisy of the shia knows no bound!

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by Empiree: 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
MrOlai:

@bolded

Below are fatawa from shia scholars permitting and encouraging shia people slashing themselves:

Shia and deception!
That's Shi'a problem. Where I live, I dont see them do that. Sure it will be considered a crime if they do.

However, my point is, let's assume it is ijma amongst Shi'a altogether, what exactly we want to derive from it every year?. For me, once they said their leader condemns the act, it is sufficient. I dont want to dig anything. The more you dig the more nonsense you see. So whats the point?. Plus it is not sunnah to dig into anything. It is not. So my question is, by next year, you will start all over again and achieve nothing.

Where i live, everyone minds their business. We all come to masjid as muslims and practice only UNIVERSAL doctrines. Any questionable practices are done in private. Thats not anyone's business.

This really should be govt issue and deemed it a crime. If they want to cut off themselves in their privacy, fine but dont come do that in public. So all these cutting here and there is not done in my area yet Shi'a exist here. Arent they aware of this too?. My real concern is what exactly is your alternative approach to convince them this is irrational act?. Posting this every solves nothing. I am told Shi'a in Nigeria dont do this. It doesnt seem to be universal practice. Do those Shuyuk who support this silly act belong to a sect in Shism or different ones?.

They dont seem to be on the same page on the issue

http://www.middleeasteye.net/in-depth/features/spilling-blood-shia-under-attack-ashura-Muslim-religion-tatbir-1639365641
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by Empiree: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by AlBaqir(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
10 October, 2016
Hizbullah secretary general, Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah blasts shameful Ashura rituals (including tatbir) by some Shia, questions insistence on bloodletting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnNO7vZBhmU

1 Like

Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

actually, if shi'a was an English word, it would be synonymous to deception.
e.g
"I was not being "shia-tive" when I made that statement " grin
LOOOOL, KB, nice one... Make I no carry last
E.g. Shiites and shia-tions, are like 5&6!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by MrOlai: 6:06am On Oct 17, 2016
This is a fatwa from Ayatollah Seestani permitting and encouraging shia to slash themselves:

sino:

The following are the Fatawa of 19 of the most Eminent Maraje’ of the Shi'a world
regarding the TA’ZIA or AZADARI for Imam Hussain peace be upon him
[the list below is not exhaustive, but it only enlists some of the eminent Maraje'.]

Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid al-Seestani

The current leader of the Hawzah of the holy city of Najaf.

Question:
What is the ruling regarding the lashing with chains, chest beating, and walking on fire on the occasion of mourning the martyrdom of Imam Hussain peace be upon him?

Answer:
If (these are) not associated with extreme harm or loss of limb, there is no objection.

Albaqir and deception!

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by ShiaMuslim: 9:36am On Oct 17, 2016
Ayatollah Sistani releases official fatwas with his seal or directly from his official website (www.sistani.org) .

If the alleged fatwa of Ayatollah Sistani has neither a seal and nor from his website (no link), that fatwa is not genuine.
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by ShiaMuslim: 9:41am On Oct 17, 2016
I just checked the above website.

I checked the Q&A and also made a search on tatbeer or tatbir and I got no results.
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by MrOlai: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
See drama here!

Albaqir speaking with both sides of his mouth:

"Shia Scholars have declared it HARAM! They have not decleared it HARAM"!

See deception oooo! grin

AlBaqir:

# To sino post, unfortunately his only reference is the same al-shirazi website I have castigated. Is that an evidence?

# The two leading maraji of about 90% Shia worldwide are Ayatullah Ali Sistani and Ayatullah Ali Khameini. They both have official websites where their books and fatwas can be checked. THEY BOTH DECLARE TATBIR HARAM based on many facts top of which is it does not exist in the Quran, sunnah of the Nabi and the Ahl al-bayt..

AlBaqir:
^Hey yah sorry. Chest beating and taking off shirt never add up to blood ritual via body flagellation.

# And I need to add: The word "HARAM" simply means it is legislatedly forbidden by Allah or His Nabi. NO SCHOLAR HAS THE RIGHT to declare anything HARAM which Allah or His Nabi never declared. Hence a good jurist should be careful using the word "halal" and "haram".

1 Like

Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
I want to of create thread for this but antispam has blocked me.

IMN Shi'a Group Leader Ibrahim Zazzaki Insulting The Companions Of Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him In This 0.43 Second Video Below

They have once denied it using Taqiya method. They forget this video exist.

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1XB--c4JN0&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=NG [/flash]
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
FriendChoice:
I want to of create thread for this but antispam has blocked me.

They have once denied it using Taqiya method. They forget this video exist.

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1XB--c4JN0&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=NG [/flash]
Hear his thick majoosi accent! undecided angry
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by Empiree: 3:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by udatso: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
Only very few brothers have a very good approach in engaging the shias. I am dissapointed by some brothers' comments here
Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by Empiree: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
udatso:
Only very few brothers have a very good approach in engaging the shias. I am dissapointed by some brothers' comments here
Abeg, tell them nau. Next year the whole saga continues. Knowledge without hikma is futile. And this whole back n forth arguments produce absolutely no positive result but hatred over.

Just wondering if ALL shia have ijma on this issue, what exactly these brothers want to do about it? . Is this how to resolve it?. It's high time Alhsunna wajama look for well trained mureed.

I have highlighted how to resolve sectarian differences but they are yet to come up with one. They brushed my approach aside or accused me of being Shia supporter. This is the problem when we are in a sect. It's difficult to think outside of it. Smh

The issue "tragedy of Karbala" and whatever practices invented under it is historical not theological. The same goes to any Sahaba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) by yazach: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
AlBaqir:
Empiree

# You can trust MrOlai when its come to propagandas. That's his expertise. I don't think have seen the guy engaging in any academic discussion before.

# Should we go as low as MrOlai by posting videos and pictures of ISIS, BOKO HARAM, AL-QAEDA etc and vehemently maintain those are Sunnis, Salafis because of the fact that they claimed to be and even support all their atrocities with Sunni established books of references?

# If you click on the link posted by MrOlai, it will redirect you to Independent.co.uk

# There was a time this same Independent.co.uk recycled a news for like three years that the Saudi Wahabi scholars have made preparations following their mufti's fatwa that the grave of Nabi must be removed away from the mosque. LagosShia posted it on NL and you can see the reactions of saudi-Wahabi inclined Nairalanders condemning Independent.co.uk
https://www.nairaland.com/1995592/mecca-under-threat-outrage-plan

# For a fact, Shia do not deny that tatbir exist among some deviants in their midst. But this can never be used as a yardstick that "Shia" practice tatbir.

# Tatbir is ruled HARAM - FORBIDDEN by all leading Shia Maraji'i. It has no basis in the Quran and Sunnah of Nabi and his[b] [ Ahl al-Baytb]. So, why would a sincere sensible person accuse "Shia" of practicing it?

# I have opened a thread since last week on tatbir but trust propagandists, they will pretend never to see it and rather prefer their usual dirty street fights. https://www.nairaland.com/3395202/tatbir-flagellation-disturbing-innovation

Please can you expantiate the bold, relate it with other companions view especially Abu huraira, umar Abu bakri, uthman and Aaisha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Woman Make Dua During Menstruation? / Child Marriage In Nigeria / 20 Inventions Falsely Credited To The Muslim World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.