Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

How I Lost My Belief In God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Lost My Belief In God (2602 Views)

These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. / Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by Wilgrea7(m): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
I've experienced a similar situation.. i wasn't born a Christian. my parents converted to Christianity when i was still very young nd i was brainwashed.. i became a dogma... i lived like that all my life until i had a question about tithes and i referred to nairaland religious section.i learned the truth about the false teaching and decided to find out which other teachings of today's church z wrong. I was a pentecostal. i began to reason things and dogmatism started wearing off.. i began to do research and found out the truth about most things.
now I'm a free soul. i don't belong to any church or denomination in particular. i follow Jesus tho.. if at the end my works fail me will my faith save me?... I'll just have to wait to find out
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by Wilgrea7(m): 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
otemanuduno:
Doobysco, that you break lose from the greatest body of lie called Christianity is worth congratulating you for.

The commandment of Almighty God, the Father of yahweh is

USE YOUR BRAIN, WORSHIP NO god or gods, DO GOOD TO HUMANITY.

May the population of the worshippers of Satan(yahweh) continue to reduce day by day in Otem's name I pray, AMEN.

4evergod, Muafrika2, Jacksonville, Wilgrea7 have you all seen this?

my moniker is Wilgrea7 not Wilgrea8.. thanks

i do support your “do good to humanity” stuff sha. humanity needs it

as for the serve no god part... that's his choice
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by daben1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
ValentineMary:

U sound angry. I also noticed that many christians become angry once they realise that someone does not believe what they believe. That is the height of folly.
i'm not angry, what if he keeps his believe to himself?
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by Blaqsmith(m): 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
"I'm not an atheist and I don't want to be. I don't want to be
anything, I just want to live my life!"

Great words up there!^^^

But trust me bro, life for your kind can be frustrating in Nigeria. It will get to a point where you wouldn't give a damn anymore. So far our every aspect of our life is roped around religion, then, atheists, agnostics must speak up. Living life in denial of who you really are is not living in the real sense.
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by Wilgrea7(m): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
otemanuduno:

And where did I mention Wilgrea7? Check what you quoted.
i changed what i quoted.. check your original quote
my moniker is wilgrea7 .. thanks.. how is life?
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by Readwarn(m): 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
Belief in God is the greatest test In our lives. Which if one Fails will be doomed for life...

I believe we were not created smart enough to Understand our Creator(God).Be Humble and believe in God.
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by otemanuduno: 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
Readwarn:
Belief in God is the greatest test In our lives. Which if one Fails will be doomed for life...

I believe we were not created smart enough to Understand our Creator(God).Be Humble and believe in God.

What if your earthly father hides himself from you from birth and different people start coming to you as your father and you are meant to choose only one of them? Does it make sense in the part of your father to cast you into fire for failing the test?

Well... Such father is none else than satan(yahweh). He will condemn only his children to fire, a good reason why you should cease serving the devil because your life is at risk.

Obscurum 3: 29-37

:
29. And Yahweh said, only six hundred and sixty six of you shall be in this side of afterlife with me; And the rest of you, whose names are in the books, shall we condemn to Hell fire. Now the 144,000 homos were shared among the 240 elders. And 600 names were obtained by each elder. And a lot was cast. And the lot fell upon the 600 homos which Yacob, the brother of Edom had chosen.
30. And the remnant of the homos were 143,400. And these were divided into ten parts of 14,340 each. And a lot was cast, and the lot fell on a certain 14,340 homos.
31. And these 14,340 homos were divided among the 239 elders left. And 60 homos fell to each elder. And a lot was drawn to see which of the homos of the elders shall be taken.
32. And the 60 of Deganis were taken.
33. And again, they who were left were 143,340 which have not been chosen. And they which were chosen were 660.
34. Now the 143,340 homos who were yet to be chosen waited before the throne. And Yahweh said, only six of you shall be chosen to join the 660 homos.
35. And Yeshua chose two and Yahweh chose two. And Alla chose two also.
36. And they had 666 homos in all. And the remaining souls which were not chosen were delivered to outer darkness, to preserve them until the day when Yeshua shall be manifested as the light of the world.
37. And these six hundred and sixty six homos witnessed the union of Yahweh, Yeshua and Alla. And they bowed their heads to worship them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4336951_tmp3217screenshot201610092147571434021110_jpeg5ebb8499f3d52f2cf30dae34baf3180a

His method of choosing those to enter his afterlife is complicated and tougher than NAIRABET ODDS. think of the risk and better go for a better god(Vishnu, Odin, Olorun,Chukwu,etc) or you face the risk of being punished in hell by your god(satan/yahweh) cool
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by Successdude(m): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
doobyScoo:
I was born into a christian home. A pastor's home. As expected, I was born into christianity. Normally also as I grew older and began to think for myself, I hear stuffs like "the righteousness of your parents can't save you", "you need to be genuinely saved", "you need to give your life to Christ" etc. I was like fine, and I gave my life to Christ. In fact for like 3 times I responded to altar call. Recently this year too, you know what next na, I was baptised in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.

But then, the problem started when I looked around and I began to wonder If I would be a christian at all if I was not born into a christian home. 2 of the best people I know(that are not my family) that I admire very much are strict muslims. I began to wonder what would have been if they had been born into a christian home. If because they were not, they will go to "hell". Because they followed the religion they were born into (strictly too). These two are close to me, and though I pretend not to notice they also think I will go to their "hell". But that's just 2. I began to look at the world in general and I realized that if what I had learned about hell is true, up to 70% of the world population is going to hell. I mean, lets not kid ourselves more than 50% christians that believe in the christian God will go to the christian hell (if its the real one), not to talk of christian sects that believe there is no hell. So many different doctrines, faith, religion, believes; It was all just overwhelming when I really thought about it.

Well, I began to lose my believe. Recently I've been spending time in the religion section of nairaland, and let's just say I've lost it completely. Now I don't hate religion, in fact what I've concluded about it ( I've done serious thinking ) people need something to believe in. If you've been paying attention at all to my write up, you'll notice I hadn't mention there is no God (even if I might think it); I've just lost my believe.
The one Question I ask myself is "Why Should I Believe in God?" Maybe someone can answer that for me. Why exactly? The only things I know about Him is from the Bible (why should I believe that) and from people (why should I believe that too).

I love my family and I would never disrupt the peace by making my believe known (I still go to church, participate in family devotion, read the bible, pray etc). If the nature of my words surprise anybody, I want to add that I am less than 20 years of age too.

I'm not an atheist and I don't want to be. I don't want to be anything, I just want to live my life!
It is a normal feeling, and so with regards to your personal revelation of Jesus. Everyone is pushed by experience : Peter when Chrust was crucified, went back to fishing but when he had the pentecost experience, he never went to that fishing...... Paul who was Saul was a threath to the faith, but when he Experienced Jesus, he became a pillar.... Etc. These were due to deliberate quest by them (Know that Saul had a personal development, outside the damascus encounter.... Phill 3 vs 10).... You have to have an encounter. But the question you might ask is how do i have it?..... Its a thing of devotion and meditating on the policy statement of Jesus and You have received Christ, yes. But you need the HolyGhost.... That will enable you focus on the way of Christ, by that, you are changed (2 corinthians 3 vs 18)
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by winner01(m): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
doobyScoo:
I was born into a christian home. A pastor's home. As expected, I was born into christianity. Normally also as I grew older and began to think for myself, I hear stuffs like "the righteousness of your parents can't save you", "you need to be genuinely saved", "you need to give your life to Christ" etc. I was like fine, and I gave my life to Christ. In fact for like 3 times I responded to altar call. Recently this year too, you know what next na, I was baptised in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.

But then, the problem started when I looked around and I began to wonder If I would be a christian at all if I was not born into a christian home. 2 of the best people I know(that are not my family) that I admire very much are strict muslims. I began to wonder what would have been if they had been born into a christian home. If because they were not, they will go to "hell". Because they followed the religion they were born into (strictly too). These two are close to me, and though I pretend not to notice they also think I will go to their "hell". But that's just 2. I began to look at the world in general and I realized that if what I had learned about hell is true, up to 70% of the world population is going to hell. I mean, lets not kid ourselves more than 50% christians that believe in the christian God will go to the christian hell (if its the real one), not to talk of christian sects that believe there is no hell. So many different doctrines, faith, religion, believes; It was all just overwhelming when I really thought about it.

Well, I began to lose my believe. Recently I've been spending time in the religion section of nairaland, and let's just say I've lost it completely. Now I don't hate religion, in fact what I've concluded about it ( I've done serious thinking ) people need something to believe in. If you've been paying attention at all to my write up, you'll notice I hadn't mention there is no God (even if I might think it); I've just lost my believe.
The one Question I ask myself is "Why Should I Believe in God?" Maybe someone can answer that for me. Why exactly? The only things I know about Him is from the Bible (why should I believe that) and from people (why should I believe that too).

I love my family and I would never disrupt the peace by making my believe known (I still go to church, participate in family devotion, read the bible, pray etc). If the nature of my words surprise anybody, I want to add that I am less than 20 years of age too.

I'm not an atheist and I don't want to be. I don't want to be anything, I just want to live my life!

You are young both in age and faith, and you might be feeling the effects of spending much time on an atheist section paraded as a religion section.

If you have noticed the comments of atheists here, they are welcoming you and even asking you to speak out, even though you've claimed not to be an atheists.
You need to understand that you cant be on your own as you've claimed, atheists understand this too.
You are either on the inside or on the outside. As a matter of fact there are 2 sides to life or even everything. Light and darkness, good and evil, truth and err and ultimately life and death. There is a contention between both sides and we can attest to this even in reality.
One good reason why you cant be left alone is because you dont exist by yourself.

Being born to a christian family does not mean anything, 5 alter calls do not mean anything either. It is a deep realization of the truth that matters, you can only acheive this by searching, even if it leads you to answers that may make you unsatisfied.

As for your ideas on hell, i dont think we can wish it away, if we do, it does not change anything. If I, or any other human were to write the bible, I can bet we would scrap the idea of hell and paint a picture of an all loving God devoid of wrath and Justice.

I struggled with this ideas too at a time, infact most of my extended families are muslims. Ive tried talking to them about truth of the Gospel, its the only thing i can do.
To get people to do anything all over the world, you must be willing to first introduce it to them.
Your opinions or mine wont change anything. We may not even understand it. But wishing it away just to live in a short delusion is illogical.

C.S. Lewis said "If you are concerned about your loved ones that won't be in Heaven, the most irrational thing you could do if you are truly concerned about those on the outside is to remain outside yourself."

If you will stand a chance of helping people on the outside, you must be on the inside first.

PM me, lets discuss better.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lennycool:

See your life. So you're are now accusing him of always being an atheist even after he told his story that he doesn't want labels. So all former Christian atheist are lying about their religion.

Brother

Atheist open new account
Atheist use new account tell lie
Atheist lie try to make good Christian leave God
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by taurus25(m): 10:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Brother

Atheist open new account
Atheist use new account tell lie
Atheist lie try to make good Christian leave God
lol ..why do you always say atheists open new accounts?. Would you feel threatened if more people become atheists everyday?
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by hopefulLandlord: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
taurus25:

lol ..why do you always say atheists open new accounts?. Would you feel threatened if more people become atheists everyday?

lol, its obvious that he's threatened
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
taurus25:

lol ..why do you always say atheists open new accounts?. ]

Because they do ! Why open a new account and rush to tell a story about how you questioned your faith in God , just like that undecided .

Would you feel threatened if more people become atheists everyday?

Nope .

I mean factually , the number of nonreligious people including atheists by 2050 globally is expected to drop by 3 percent - from 16 to 13 percent - while Christianity is expected to increase by 35 percent .

So logically , the puerile skulduggery by atheists in a faceless forum shouldn't bother me . You see ? wink

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by hopefulLandlord: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
I mean factually , the number of nonreligious people including atheists by 2050 globally will drop by 3 percent - from 16 to 13 percent - while Christianity increases by 35 percent

how did you get this "fact"?

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
hahn:

And what is god doing about it? undecided

god ? Which god ?
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

how did you get this "fact"?

You don't have the balls to mention me and accuse me of lying right ?

http://www.livescience.com/50370-worlds-religious-population-will-grow.html
Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by hahn(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

god ? Which god ?

Jehovah the incompetent god. The god who sits back and watches little kids suffer and die from disease and poverty and still sends them to hell for eternity for not believing in his gay son Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by hopefulLandlord: 11:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You don't have the balls to mention me and accuse me of lying right ?

http://www.livescience.com/50370-worlds-religious-population-will-grow.html

lmao, a "projection" and guesses is now a "fact" according to you?

calling you intelligent is travesty of logic

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

According to the dictionary , fact means information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article. So its simply an extrapolation of already known information .

The article clearly stated facts used to buttress the extrapolation made by Pew Research .

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

And please lose the memes , it does not fit you .

Stop trying so hard to copy me undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Belief In God by hopefulLandlord: 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

According to the dictionary , fact means information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article. So its simply an extrapolation of already known information .

The article clearly stated facts used to buttress the extrapolation made by Pew Research .

lol

2 can play the game http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Believers: A Thread For Biblical Questions / Christians Why Do Muslims ‘expect No Criticism’ And Why Do You Aid And Abet Them / God Of The Day - 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.