Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says (645 Views)

Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online / Mustapha Adekunle 'Seigo': I Wasn’t Involved In Attack On MC Oluomo / The Paris Park Where Nigerian Women Are Forced Into Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 14, 2016
A 17-year-old Habiba Tanko who is entangled in controversy over alleged forceful conversion to Islam and marriage in Katsina has denied any such action saying, “I took all decisions in my own volition.”
Speaking before a joint committee session with officials of Katsina Emirate, Christian Association of Nigeria (NAN) Katsina chapter, and security personnel, Habiba said, “I chose on my own to become a Muslim and relocated to the emir’s palace for fear of what I might go through and the threat coming from my parents.”

Also speaking, the Kauran Katsina, Nuhu Abdulkadir, said the palace was disturbed giving several unwelcome remarks from national CAN and the parents of the girl. In his remarks, the state chairman of CAN, Very Reverend Nelson Onyekachuku, said the situation was confusing and it would need commitment from all towards resolving the issue.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-wasn-t-forced-into-islam-or-marriage-embattled-teenager-says/166749.html#Z7GmXxBGgPPO4GDK.99
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by ademasta(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2016
undecided
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by masseratti: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Nonsense, how can She enter into marriage with An emir she never met once in her life? is that logical? where did the emir set his eyes on her? on the road or in the streets?

2 Likes

Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by yeyeboi(m): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Ok
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by RZArecta(m): 11:12am On Oct 14, 2016
Her age ate fertilizer and jumped from 14 in August this year to 17 October this same year after being kidnapped from her parents home. Even in Islam, a marriage is supposed to be with the consent of the girls parents but how we go do na ? Zombies say na change
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by mikki123(m): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2016
The Emir is looking for trouble.. Why not date a Muslim.. The Emir converted her with his dick

1 Like

Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by jakiedudu(m): 11:18am On Oct 14, 2016
Her words are meaningless because she's yet to be an adult. She's not old enough to think for herself. How old was she when was she kidnapped
Honestly the more I look at this issue, the more it looks like there are support structures with backing from northern elites to kidnapped young christian children from their families and convert them into islam. The authorities must arrest this situation immediately before it degenerates into full blown crisis. This kind of thing should never be allowed to continue.

1 Like

Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by bonechamberlain(m): 11:35am On Oct 14, 2016
This girl should shut up, angry what do u know.

That emir must never be allowed to know peace until that girl is safely returned to her family and give her 12 strokes of cane.
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by Maghan37: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2016
Legally she cannot make such decisions 4 herself. The savage & nepotic Emir shld knw better may is daughters go through d same faith.
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by abokibuhari: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Ani mals in human skin...
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
masseratti:
Nonsense, how can She enter into marriage with An emir she never met once in her life? is that logical? where did the emir set his eyes on her? on the road or in the streets?

She did not marry the Emir. Her husband's name is Jamilu Lawal
Re: I Wasn’t Forced Into Islam Or Marriage, Embattled Teenager Says by masseratti: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
Binb:

She did not marry the Emir. Her husband's name is Jamilu Lawal
oh really? but Even at that you can't marry a minor without the consent of her parents, its not right.

(1) (Reply)

Ex Miss Anambra, Chidinma Okeke Opens Up On Sextape / UPDATE......Police Extortion.. My experience today / MMM And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.