Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls (620 Views)

APC And PDP Chieftains To Form A New Mega Party / PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff / Anxiety Grips PDP Chieftains Over Buhari’s Extradition Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls by JumiR: 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Former President of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is Facebook-friendly and he has used this medium to convey messages at various times. So also is former Minister of Aviation Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode. Just two days ago, on 12 October 2016, when the bomb explosion happened in Maiduguri, Jonathan took to his verified Facebook page, before an official government statement, to say, "My heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones to the bomb blast in Maiduguri earlier today. I pray for the repose of the souls of the victims. May God strengthen our gallant and patriotic armed forces as the sacrificially carry out their duties of securing Nigeria. Finally, I urge all Nigerians to support the government to rid Nigeria of terrorism."

On World Teachers' Day{5th October}, Jonathan also congratulated Nigerian teachers on Facebook with a message, "Throughout my tenure in office, I ensured that education consistently had either the highest sectoral allocation or at least one of the highest because I was convinced then and remain convinced today that nations do not become great because of what is under their ground. Their greatness comes from what is between the ears of their citizens. I salute Nigeria's teachers on World Teachers Day. They are the goose that lay the golden eggs. May God bless them and may God bless Nigeria."

Obasanjo said in an interview sometime back that,“The president(Jonathan) did not believe that those girls were abducted for almost 18 days.”

It has then come as a surprise to many of his followers that he is yet to convey a message on the release of the 21 Chibok girls that happened yesterday 13th October 2016. Former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo said in an interview sometime back that,“The president(Jonathan) did not believe that those girls were abducted for almost 18 days.” Recall it was during his  administration, on the night of 14–15 April 2014, that 276 female students were kidnapped from the Government Secondary School in the town of Chibok in Borno State, Nigeria. Since the 21 Chibok girls were released yesterday, there have been congratulatory messages from across the globe. Not much has been heard from the opposition party People's Democratic Party(PDP). A former aide to Jonathan, Reno Omokri in a tweet said, "The release of 21 Chibok girls is a breakthrough. Whatever means was used to release them isn't as important as the fact that they are free."

Ekiti governor Ayo Fayose, yesterday, said the release of the 21 Chibok girls is a propaganda

The Ekiti State governor Mr. Ayodele Fayose however says release of the 21 Chibok girls may be a propaganda. In a statement released yesterday, Fayose said, “As for me, I keep my fingers crossed on this reported release of 21 Chibok girls. This is because we were once told by this same government that one of the girls was released and the girl, who was supposed to be writing Physics WAEC examination then could not speak one sentence in English. Again, it was reported yesterday that Boko Haram bombed Maiduguri, Borno State and killed more than 10 people. How the same Boko Haram insurgents that bombed Maiduguri yesterday could release 21 Chibok girls today is a question Nigerians must ask."

http://dawntodusknews.com/goodluck-jonathan-pdp-chieftains-keep-mum-21-chibok-girls/

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls by Clerverly: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
Okok
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls by yarimo(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
He will soon say something after he has inaugurate committee to advise him to say something. grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls by DelGardo: 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
What shameful comment do you expect from the ineffectual buffon?

His supporters are shielding his abysmal performance generally and on the Chibok girls specifically with the "scam" chorus.
So the clueless one is now seriously torn between a rock and a hard place; admit the girls' return and disappoint his air-head fans or deny the Chibok saga and look even more foolish to the rest of the people.

So he keeps quiet.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Instead of you to contemplate on how EFCC and DSS will soon come hounding your corrupt gods deceiving Aisha.... you are here to spite GEJ ba??
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Chieftains Keep Mum On 21 Chibok Girls by Chikpat(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
Na shame dey catch am

(1) (Reply)

8 Terrible Leaders Who Ruled Nigeria In 56 Years Of Independence - Video / Caption This Funny Picture Of Femi Adesina And Gov.mimiko / Niger Delta Leaders Present 16-point Requests To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.