Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,112 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. (33322 Views)

‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ / How NYSC Camp Changed My View Of The Northerners - Akeredolu Odunayo / Tell Us How NYSC Travel And Inside Your Various Camp Is Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by babyfaceafrica: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:

My guy Gombe is different than you imagine.... They are 50/50..... North Muslim, South Christian and central is combined... Christians have deputy governor slot no matter what unlike the Kano, jigawa, zamfara , Bauchi, yobe etc......
Please ask questions before you condemn innocent people.
where in my post did I condemn....you beta read it again...I said the place is dry but they are friendly and honest.....abeg o make me vex for you o
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mich24(m): 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
One brainless pig spotted!!!!
Mbmar:
BRAIN WASHED BY BIAFRA ABRACADABRA. OOLOODOH!!! ELEDEY
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by HASSANAASIA(f): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
am a northerner...served in the north cause of my dad he was scared of me being posted to the east or south

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Akinwerndey: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Please stop painting the north bad. I'm a southerner giving birth to in the north and still live in the north... I move freely and associate freely with northerners without fear. So far you dnt go beyond your boundary and don't play with their religion you're good to go. So far I'm enjoying my existence in the north!!! #ArewaMafia

4 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
LuvU2:
Wow I know right. All those talks about north being a dead zone re all exxagerations; if not lies.

Those guys re one of the best people to live with i tell u

Lalasticlala this deserves fp for real
lol. . .look at you. Northern nigeria is not just safe enough, not lies or exaggeration. Their low literacy rate and religious extremism is a problem. Like someone said, it may seem cool. .Until something goes wrong. The west or south too has security issues, but at least no one or a group of people will hunt you down on the basis of your tribe or religion.

3 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by MilitaryMinded(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
The perception of the average Southerner who has never visited the North and vice versa is just appalling. They just believe the North is place where Southerners are targeted on the street and killed just like that. The North may be more conservative, But the cost of Living in the North is far cheaper than the south. Infact, it is far more likelier to see a Southerner in the North than a Northerner in the South. And more people bringing up random incidents of corpers who lost thier lives in the North, it happens every where in this country. My neighbor was killed in Enugu state in the early 2000s while serving. A corper drowned in Rivers state not so long ago. So its not peculier to the North

6 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
spare us the rhetorics. The North is a land of BLOOD. Almost all uprising, killings, terrorism, pogroms, tribal, political, ethnic etc killings occur only in the north. I have an aunty and her family that had to relocate to the south due to one of their violent killing spree.

All those rosy descriptions by the OP are BULLSHIT. He hasn't seen the REAL northern spirit. its inside them. They just need a slight spark to set it off. When it happens, sadly, the OP may not live to tell the bitter story.

I was posted to Kaduna in 2012. The night of the day I received my callup letter, our home was like a funeral. Everybody who heard of my posting were shocked and terribly sad by the news. Its almost like being sent to a forbidden region. A land of blood. I went to Kaduna only to work out my redeployment back to the South and it was successfully done. Almost half of our batch in the camp redeployed to the South. WHO WANT DIE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Ugmama(m): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
I did my service in Yobe State
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
You are not far from the truth bro..I served in Zamfara as well..

Your close by neighbor.. Zurmi precisely

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by MRSALT: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=Darey00 post=50259736]The OP is very correct with this write up. Am serving in Katsina state and im loving it. What strikes me is that people can greet to a fault here. Anywhere we go we hear "Mallam good morning", mind u we rarely wear our NYSC clothing even when going to school, except on CDS days.
For bonus points just try learning the Hausa language and your rep will increase 100%. Just stay in your lane and respect yourself and u will be fine.
Last thought: They take football VERY seriously here [/quote
Northerners think differently from Southerners. Greetings from a southerner is like expression of love or acceptance. Greetings from Northerners are like a duty. Thesame poeple that greet you and hail you are thesame people that will come for your head when occasion calls. Southerners kill their perceived personal enemies but northerners kill the perceived enemies of Islam their personal friendship does not count.

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by buffalowings: 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
OK o u a well done

Continue seeing things in rose tinted glasses

Just follow this link from the same punch

http://punchng.com/10-gruesome-killings-name-religion/
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by TeamSimple(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
MRSALT:
Zamfara, Sokoto and Kebbi do not have violent street urchins like Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi and in recent times, Katsina. Your experience in Zamfara cannot account for all northern states. More so north is generally ok at peace time. But those that give you cold water are thesame people that will slit your throat in event of any crises. Many victims of northern madness thought that north was land flowing with honey, just like you. I know of one Ibo boy that returned from London to do his NYSC in Bauchi. He eulogised northerners better than you. His throat was later slit by thesame Almajiris that ran errand for him. I stayed in the north for 7 years travelling to about 12 states. I am giving you a real fact about the situation in the north.
MR SALT,there are bad eggs in every region. And i will confidently tell you that if you dont go against the laws of a northern state,you will never get into trouble. They will always want to get close to you coz they always believe they can learn from you.

Issue of killing is absolute in all states of the federation. Infact apart from BH terrorist act,we have got more crisis and bloodshed here in the south than in the north,except you wanna be myopic and subjective.

And average hausa man doesnt envy,he doesnt believe u any better than him,he goes about his life and takes it daily as it comes. Most times we the visitors are always the cause of whatever arises. Example in zaria,u are not allowed to urinate publicly while standing as a male coz some people carry out the act in an insanely manner. But my friend will alwys choose to stand while urinating just because he wants to test their patience. I warned him severally and they warned him until the day he was held and beaten mercilesly.

4 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by airsaylongcon: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Northerners are generally honest and friendly and they can smoke shisha and pipe..chai...I fear those people...dey don't really drink like that but love women die...my advisse to anyoe who wants to visit north is to go to the soji ones like kano,kaduna,niger,abuja and jos.......all dose jigawa,sokoto ,gombe and kebbi too dry abeg

Chai! And I have cousins from Kebbi o. Good fellas although they were born and raised in PH.
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ConcNiggress56(f): 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I agree with you 100% smiley

thanks babe.. hope you're dealing with this recession well well..??
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
You met over 3000 students in Kaura Namoda. I agree but you must understand that it is the school feeding program by the state government that is bringing them to school.
Also, kids in Kaura Namoda are a bit sharper and brighter. But i can bet you that you never visited where i served. Which is just 20 minutes away from you. I mean GASS Zurmi. You made some valid point. But your write-up is not entirely the case

3 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ghostmist: 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
Chriswazo:

Lol, what will they do if am not a corper? chop up my head? Lol. Bro I lived there, so i don't believe you.

you are still a kid...evidenced by the blissful ignorance you display.

need I remind you that one of the Corp members hacked down by these fanatics during the 2011 elections said the exact same thing you said here.

the problem with some of you is simply ignorance and a certain naivety about what obtains in the north.

some igbos who reasoned like you said similar things about the north in 1958, 1966 ,etc and what do you think happened to those ones?? your guess is as good as mine. they never made it out of the north alive.

just pray you never get to witness this people display their madness...

4 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by MRSALT: 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
TeamSimple:

MR SALT,there are bad eggs in every region. And i will confidently tell you that if you dont go against the laws of a northern state,you will never get into trouble. They will always want to get close to you coz they always believe they can learn from you.

Issue of killing is absolute in all states of the federation. Infact apart from BH terrorist act,we have got more crisis and bloodshed here in the south than in the north,except you wanna be myopic and subjective.

And average hausa man doesnt envy,he doesnt believe u any better than him,he goes about his life and takes it daily as it comes. Most times we the visitors are always the cause of whatever arises. Example in zaria,u are not allowed to urinate publicly while standing as a male coz some people carry out the act in an insanely manner. But my friend will alwys choose to stand while urinating just because he wants to test their patience. I warned him severally and they warned him until the day he was held and beaten mercilesly.

Issue of killing is not generally in all states. Please be objective. Even in the north, have you heard of religious riot in Jigawa? Call a spade a spade otherwise we will not be able to tackle our problem headlong. We know that there are cult clashes in dome states in SS. There are kidnappings in SE and there are ritual killings in some Southern States. But killings in the name of Religion in SOuthern States? No way. That is how to identify problems and seek for solution. Of recent is attack on Shiites. Soon, some one will come and defend such actions and tell us there are killings in all states.

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Coolgent(m): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
oweniwe:

You will have to start living like them... Dress like them and adhere to their religious routines if you wish to remain there after Nysc.
Shame on you religion bigot tongue

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Chriswazo:
How NYSC changed my view of the North
by Nnaemeka Anyiam, July 04, 2013 at 12:00 am in Campus Life FacebookTwitterSMSWhatsApp

“If Nigeria is to make rapid progress on all fronts internally, and if she’s to make her mark on the continent of Africa, and, indeed, in the comity of nations, her youths must be fully mobilised and be prepared to offer willingly and without asking for rewards in return, their best in the service of their nation at all times,” Gen. Yakubu Gowon, former Head of State, said during the inauguration of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on June 4, 1973.

Prior to being mobilised for the National Youth Service, I used to think of horrific experiences I would go through during my service year. Fresh from the furnace, which higher institution campuses can be called, a graduate is made to live with yet another people from different cultural backgrounds with a meagre stipend and no accommodation.

I got the impression that the scheme was a post-civil war panacea for reuniting the country. Well, our leaders caused the civil war but why are they disturbing my life by asking me to heal the wound they had caused? So I thought. When I was younger, I really hoped that events and government in Nigeria would abolish this mandatory service before it got to my turn.

Today, however, I write this piece as a Corps member and a willing participant in a scheme I once wished should be abolished. And it is amazing that I discovered the beauty of the scheme just in my first few months of active service to my fatherland.

When I was posted to Zamfara State, it took me time to get over the trauma. After I got my call-up letter, I sat on a fence for hours, ruing what had befallen me. With growing insecurity in the North, I had thought I was going for a journey of no return. But was it funny? My colleagues, who got posted to relatively peaceful parts of the country, mocked me, as though it was all planned.
Some of them pitied me and said sweet words to douse my fear. The thought of redeployment came to mind. Friends asked me to feign incurable ailment just to get out of Zamfara State after the three-week orientation.
Hitherto, I had been told the story of Zamfara and its strict Sharia Legal system during the administration of Governor Ahmad Yerima. We heard stories of amputation as punishment for even mild offences. Since I could not change the posting immediately, I left for the state with open mind. It was when I got to the state that I knew all the stories we heard in the South were actually exaggerated.

In the orientation camp, dance and drama competitions held for Corps members brought together people of various tribes of the country to foster unity. I heard languages I never thought existed; names I could never pronounce. We discussed issues ranging from insecurity and corruption and it was surprising to see my fellow Corps members condemning evil. Our daily activities in the camp always started with a Muslim and Christian prayer and this shows that we are one people indivisible by religion or ethnicity.
We were privileged to have top government officials, including the Emir of Anka, Alhaji Attahiru Muhammad Ahmad, and the NYSC State Co-ordinator, Mrs Ruth Bakka, to educate us on the state and its people. The Emir stated clearly that Sharia was to guide Muslims on their religious path and thus was not binding on non-Muslims. He said Christians are free to go about their normal business without fear of molestation whatsoever but should dress decently and respect the law of the land.

In Southern part, we have different opinion of the North. We were told that places such as Zamfara State belong to Siberia given its low level of education and its culture, which is believed to be brutish and ordinary.
We were told that Hausa girls don’t go to school. But I was stunned to see over 3,000 girls in a secondary school in Samaru struggling to get education. In camp, I met Muslim girls, who graduated with better grades than many of us from the South. They all wore Hijabs (veil), which were neatly tucked in.

I also found that the average Hausa man is trustworthy and down-to-earth. When he tells you it is N10 gaskiya (truth), so it is. Tell a motorcyclist that you are stranded and he will be glad to help you to where you are going.
At the place of my primary assignment (PPA), senior officials would make tea in a cold morning and share among the staff; even the gatemen would use cups from the Oga’s office. But Ogas in the south are to be feared from afar. One’s effort to learn Hausa language is instantly rewarded with slashed prices of commodities.
When I was posted to my PPA in Kaura Namoda and I lost my way, I was directed to the lodge of Muslim Corps members, where I was fed and attended to regardless of my religious affiliation. This selfless service to has constantly been rendered by the Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship (NCCF), Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN), Catholic Corpers Association and the likes. These organisations are made up of Nigerians helping Nigerians regardless of tribe or tongue. This is one of the dividends of the NYSC scheme.

I am now confident that the scheme is steadily achieving its objective, which is “to inculcate in Nigerian youths the spirit of selfless service to the community and to emphasise the spirit of oneness and brotherhood of all Nigerians, irrespective of cultural or social background.”

Serving in Zamfara State has afforded me a lot of opportunities I would not have had if I remained in my Eastern zone. At least, I have experienced Zamfara for myself and can now separate fact from fiction. The state is peaceful and friendly. You are appreciated as a Corps member.

The state even has good amusement park when my Imo State cannot boast of one. I have seen their religious practices and I can now compare with mine. I have seen their flaws and I now know how I can help. I have understood that you don’t judge people or any entity from afar; you must come closer, live amongst them and you will be amazed at how much you did not know.
More importantly, I have seen that we are all the same people and can exist as one; you as a Christian and I as a Muslim, life will still go on. Our cultural and religious differences are simply variety, which we all know are spices of life. There is really no need for the hate anyone because of his tongue, background or faith.

Nnaemeka is a Corps member, NYSC GUSAU
http://thenationonlineng.net/how-nysc-changed-my-view-of-the-north/

Mr Emeka, leave that thing, no one is trustworthy in this country, I got scammed by Northerners this year and I had so much trust in them, that I thought they couldn't do such. Lovely write up by the way, I think the NYSC should be restructured not scrapped because I see it as an opportunity for youths to network.

3 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by phensbassey: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Northerners are generally honest and friendly and they can smoke shisha and pipe..chai...I fear those people...dey don't really drink like that but love women die...my advisse to anyoe who wants to visit north is to go to the soji ones like kano,kaduna,niger,abuja and jos.......all dose jigawa,sokoto ,gombe and kebbi too dry abeg
three bosa for you,
I from the south, but was born and breed in Kaduna, that place na die..
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ghostmist: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
TeamSimple:

so you expected your friend to start squatting like woman like they all do over there abi??

just tell him to become a Muslim na..? just because he chooses to pee like a man, they are offended...

what rubbish!!

gerrout joor...!

3 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
HASSANAASIA:
am a northerner...served in the north cause of my dad he was scared of me being posted to the east or south

why was your father afraid of you being posted to the south
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ghostmist: 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
MRSALT:
Zamfara, Sokoto and Kebbi do not have violent street urchins like Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi and in recent times, Katsina. Your experience in Zamfara cannot account for all northern states. More so north is generally ok at peace time. But those that give you cold water are thesame people that will slit your throat in event of any crises. Many victims of northern madness thought that north was land flowing with honey, just like you. I know of one Ibo boy that returned from London to do his NYSC in Bauchi. He eulogised northerners better than you. His throat was later slit by thesame Almajiris that ran errand for him. I stayed in the north for 7 years travelling to about 12 states. I am giving you a real fact about the situation in the north.
just leave am... him no go understand.
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by murphyibiam15(m): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
TeamSimple:

Fom your sumission it means the north is not secured na....how will a male child squat to piss....it means u are not free in your own country to practice your own way of life...you are just plainly confused....when did southerners mandate northerners to stand while urinating...? Hypocritical lots

3 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Kingsman5102: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice writeup brother, I am in total agreement with all you have said but do not forget that the northern lands are as unstable as noble gases of the periodic table. It's all peaceful and nice until one day you wake up and it's not. They call it sharia!!! I have experienced it first hand so as much as u like and enjoy your stay there please remain highly alert and prayerful. The Lord be with you.

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by murphyibiam15(m): 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
Chriswazo:
How NYSC changed my view of the North
by Nnaemeka Anyiam, July 04, 2013 at 12:00 am in Campus Life FacebookTwitterSMSWhatsApp

“If Nigeria is to make rapid progress on all fronts internally, and if she’s to make her mark on the continent of Africa, and, indeed, in the comity of nations, her youths must be fully mobilised and be prepared to offer willingly and without asking for rewards in return, their best in the service of their nation at all times,” Gen. Yakubu Gowon, former Head of State, said during the inauguration of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on June 4, 1973.

Prior to being mobilised for the National Youth Service, I used to think of horrific experiences I would go through during my service year. Fresh from the furnace, which higher institution campuses can be called, a graduate is made to live with yet another people from different cultural backgrounds with a meagre stipend and no accommodation.

I got the impression that the scheme was a post-civil war panacea for reuniting the country. Well, our leaders caused the civil war but why are they disturbing my life by asking me to heal the wound they had caused? So I thought. When I was younger, I really hoped that events and government in Nigeria would abolish this mandatory service before it got to my turn.

Today, however, I write this piece as a Corps member and a willing participant in a scheme I once wished should be abolished. And it is amazing that I discovered the beauty of the scheme just in my first few months of active service to my fatherland.

When I was posted to Zamfara State, it took me time to get over the trauma. After I got my call-up letter, I sat on a fence for hours, ruing what had befallen me. With growing insecurity in the North, I had thought I was going for a journey of no return. But was it funny? My colleagues, who got posted to relatively peaceful parts of the country, mocked me, as though it was all planned.
Some of them pitied me and said sweet words to douse my fear. The thought of redeployment came to mind. Friends asked me to feign incurable ailment just to get out of Zamfara State after the three-week orientation.
Hitherto, I had been told the story of Zamfara and its strict Sharia Legal system during the administration of Governor Ahmad Yerima. We heard stories of amputation as punishment for even mild offences. Since I could not change the posting immediately, I left for the state with open mind. It was when I got to the state that I knew all the stories we heard in the South were actually exaggerated.

In the orientation camp, dance and drama competitions held for Corps members brought together people of various tribes of the country to foster unity. I heard languages I never thought existed; names I could never pronounce. We discussed issues ranging from insecurity and corruption and it was surprising to see my fellow Corps members condemning evil. Our daily activities in the camp always started with a Muslim and Christian prayer and this shows that we are one people indivisible by religion or ethnicity.
We were privileged to have top government officials, including the Emir of Anka, Alhaji Attahiru Muhammad Ahmad, and the NYSC State Co-ordinator, Mrs Ruth Bakka, to educate us on the state and its people. The Emir stated clearly that Sharia was to guide Muslims on their religious path and thus was not binding on non-Muslims. He said Christians are free to go about their normal business without fear of molestation whatsoever but should dress decently and respect the law of the land.

In Southern part, we have different opinion of the North. We were told that places such as Zamfara State belong to Siberia given its low level of education and its culture, which is believed to be brutish and ordinary.
We were told that Hausa girls don’t go to school. But I was stunned to see over 3,000 girls in a secondary school in Samaru struggling to get education. In camp, I met Muslim girls, who graduated with better grades than many of us from the South. They all wore Hijabs (veil), which were neatly tucked in.

I also found that the average Hausa man is trustworthy and down-to-earth. When he tells you it is N10 gaskiya (truth), so it is. Tell a motorcyclist that you are stranded and he will be glad to help you to where you are going.
At the place of my primary assignment (PPA), senior officials would make tea in a cold morning and share among the staff; even the gatemen would use cups from the Oga’s office. But Ogas in the south are to be feared from afar. One’s effort to learn Hausa language is instantly rewarded with slashed prices of commodities.
When I was posted to my PPA in Kaura Namoda and I lost my way, I was directed to the lodge of Muslim Corps members, where I was fed and attended to regardless of my religious affiliation. This selfless service to has constantly been rendered by the Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship (NCCF), Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN), Catholic Corpers Association and the likes. These organisations are made up of Nigerians helping Nigerians regardless of tribe or tongue. This is one of the dividends of the NYSC scheme.

I am now confident that the scheme is steadily achieving its objective, which is “to inculcate in Nigerian youths the spirit of selfless service to the community and to emphasise the spirit of oneness and brotherhood of all Nigerians, irrespective of cultural or social background.”

Serving in Zamfara State has afforded me a lot of opportunities I would not have had if I remained in my Eastern zone. At least, I have experienced Zamfara for myself and can now separate fact from fiction. The state is peaceful and friendly. You are appreciated as a Corps member.

The state even has good amusement park when my Imo State cannot boast of one. I have seen their religious practices and I can now compare with mine. I have seen their flaws and I now know how I can help. I have understood that you don’t judge people or any entity from afar; you must come closer, live amongst them and you will be amazed at how much you did not know.
More importantly, I have seen that we are all the same people and can exist as one; you as a Christian and I as a Muslim, life will still go on. Our cultural and religious differences are simply variety, which we all know are spices of life. There is really no need for the hate anyone because of his tongue, background or faith.

Nnaemeka is a Corps member, NYSC GUSAU
http://thenationonlineng.net/how-nysc-changed-my-view-of-the-north/
Okoro[b]AWUSA[/b] brother.....not suprised

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Emycord: 10:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pls can you explain the 3000 girls in one school? And when you said you as a christian and i as a muslim. Who is the "you" and who is the i in that contest. Or have they converted you already or were you already a muslim before this write up or an emergency christian
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Festy4u(m): 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
ghostmist:
so you expected your friend to start squatting like woman like they all do over there abi??

just tell him to become a Muslim na..? just because he chooses to pee like a man, they are offended...

what rubbish!!

gerrout joor...!

Just imagine what he expected his friend to go through (urinating as a lady) just to please inhabitants of a region! And when they come to the south, their men urinate like women with nobody forcing them to urinate as men do in the south! undecided

4 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by CHARLESTON007(m): 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
You are just lucky to have been posted to a good place in the state had it been you were posted to rigasaa,rigachuku in Kaduna ur story would have been different
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by MeenalKd(f): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice writeup OP..Am from the north..I can boldly say that each part of the country has its flaws..I have been to Port Harcourt and Imo..I really enjoyed my stay thou I couldn't move freely with my veil had to use a headtie on my head...One Nigeria
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Uchenduin: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
But where is lalasticlala?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Successfully Process Your NYSC Redeployment / "Any Lady Wearing NYSC Khaki Trouser Has Committed An Offence Before God" - Man / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.