Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge (37806 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Her World Bank Colleagues at COP22 Morrocco / What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / #theotherroom: Doctor And Her Colleagues Show Off Where Their OtherRoom Is (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by ObiOmaMu: 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
Shocked Woman Narrates How Lagos Police Officers Did The Unthinkable For Her

A Nigerian Instagram user has narrated how Lagos Rapid Response Squad shocked her and a friend after they had a flat tyre and the police officers showed up to save the day.

More surprising - when the lady and her friend offered to say thank you in cash, the officers refused and asked them to go spread the message instead that truly Police is your friend.

Read Bisola's story below:

So while coming back from work today with four of my colleagues, we had a flat tyre just before 3rd mainland bridge around Simpson's bridge, we all know dat z d wrongest place to have issues with your car, 2 guys already came to us to help.

Hmm, u know all dose guys na, d next thing we saw one RRS patrol van driving by. Of course we flagged dem down, not cos we believed in dem but just for safety sake. D officer beside d driver stopped and came down.

My colleague @gbo_lee explained what happened to him and amazingly this guy made
calls, another patrol van came by and he instructed two of the officers to stay with us and the remaining 2 drove my colleague with the tyre to fix it.

U know another amazing tin, dis same officer already instructed his guys to pay for fixing the tyre, like m still shocked. Dey refused any form of payment. Dey even refused to take pictures, my colleague had to take a sneak pic selfie.
All dey requested for was for us to share to the public that "police is your friend" we actually did a research and found out that our angel in officer form is none other than the commanding officer of Lagos RRS.
To think he was humble enough to do all dat, nigeria police has really changed #policeisyourfriend #rrs #lagos #ekoonibaje

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/shocked-lady-narrates-how-lagos-police.html

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Bluezy13(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hmmm...

(1) Would he had done it for a fellow man
(2) It was unethical of you to not only take but display the picture as well as reveal his identity...against his will.

....Should have just spread the goodness message.

Well...off to the other room.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
Using oestrogen based crystal ball, I can say indeed "police is your closest friend".

But can't guys testify of things like this when they receive such?

#menMustTestify #policeIsAlsoMenFriend

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by JBUZZ: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
Those Policemen are your friends.
I hope other policemen can learn from that.

21 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Ceenelly(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
There are good people in Nigeria police force.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by ezechueze(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
OK
Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by ChappyChase: 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
Well 2 things are involved here,
Its either because she's a fine lady or because na fine motor. undecided undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by hamzia(m): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by buffalowings: 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
Nemeka:
Using oestrogen based crystal ball, I can say indeed "police is your closest friend".

But can't guys testify of things like this when they receive such?

#menMustTestify #policeIsAlsoMenFriend

Now let's substitute that estrogen for testosterone

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by largehead: 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
change begins with the Men in Black that helped u... The Animals in Human skin (police), can't change from their cursed lives...

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by enigmagu1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
police is not my friend..... and will not be...

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by ChuzzyBlog: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2016
Later sombori wee say a woman belongs to #TheOtherRoom. Women are POWERFUL!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by xclusiveguy4(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2016
it can only happen in Lagos state where police are being treated very well

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by FIGARO00: 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
one out of how many cases? well, maybe network blow enter these ones dem head.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by merits(m): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
How can you tell pussy cat to look after fried fish,is in the blood already.it must take its own share.I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by dfrost: 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
Kudos to the NPF!

I've discovered along the years that every human responds positively when you appeal to their human nature. I almost joined the NPF 17 years ago because of one fine gentleman and his attitude towards us.

The story:

Our driver drove against the traffic and was stopped by the neatly dressed Inspector, probably in his early 30s. He asked the driver "you agree that you broke the law?". The driver answered in the affirmative.

He turned his attention to the passengers and told us that if he stops our journey and takes the bus to the station, we will all say that the Police is wicked. Better we should tell the driver to desist from such act. Bottom line? He let the driver go.

Some of us will say it's one off but the beauty is that they are humans too. Once in while even if we don't have vehicles, give a policeman a tip for doing a good job. E no easy for them too.

Albeit some of them... lipsrsealed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by AZeD1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
Someone helps you and declines not to take a picture, yet your friend stupidly takes the picture and you put it online.

How Idiotic can some people be?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Lovelynature(m): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
Nice one Nigeria Police

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by CR77(f): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
Nonsense
xclusiveguy4:
it can only happen in Lagos state where police are being treated very well

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Iisha(f): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
Change is real! Or maybe this is a publicity stunt... Either way...*sips Zobo*

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
dnt knw wot 2 say yet mayb d #changebeginswithu is actually working. police kee well till I meant such benevolent gesture till den I got nothing 2. say

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
Nice, there are many good ones among them.
It happened to a close driver i knew like some years ago. He was coming from Tincan around 10pm and he had flat tire. Despite it was danfo bus, the police officers on patrol, according to him challenged him while moving at slow piece, they later saw that he had flat tire. They told him to pull over and he later discovered that even the extra tiyre was deflated too. He told them what happened. They said he should drive slowly and they followed behind. He said he didnt know that their oga called a vulcanizer at mile 2, to bring his engine and wait for them. When they got to the top of the bridge, they told the guy to fix his 2 tyres, and as they were repairing the tyres, the junior officers came to him that "do you know how much your money don reach now?" he said he was afraid because he had like 30k in the bus and as he was still negotiating with the price, in his mind , he wanted to give them 5k, and he told them, they said it was too small. and he stopped negotiating again.
They spent about an hour with him, after the whole fixing, he went to their oga in the van to beg him with 5k, and the man said.."go", he said he said, sir, i dash you sir, The man repeated that he should go. He said the others started to say this oga too stubborn and difficult to work with. They started grumbling and he quickly left the place before they turn the place to a fighting ground in his presence.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by recievesense: 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ok na

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by meskana212(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
I know that feeling
enigmagu1:
police is not my friend..... and will not be...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by chudez0147(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
Shocked Woman Narrates How Lagos Police Officers Did The Unthinkable For Her

A Nigerian Instagram user has narrated how Lagos Rapid Response Squad shocked her and a friend after they had a flat tyre and the police officers showed up to save the day.

More surprising - when the lady and her friend offered to say thank you in cash, the officers refused and asked them to go spread the message instead that truly Police is your friend.

Read Bisola's story below:

So while coming back from work today with four of my colleagues, we had a flat tyre just before 3rd mainland bridge around Simpson's bridge, we all know dat z d wrongest place to have issues with your car, 2 guys already came to us to help.

Hmm, u know all dose guys na, d next thing we saw one RRS patrol van driving by. Of course we flagged dem down, not cos we believed in dem but just for safety sake. D officer beside d driver stopped and came down.

My colleague @gbo_lee explained what happened to him and amazingly this guy made
calls, another patrol van came by and he instructed two of the officers to stay with us and the remaining 2 drove my colleague with the tyre to fix it.

U know another amazing tin, dis same officer already instructed his guys to pay for fixing the tyre, like m still shocked. Dey refused any form of payment. Dey even refused to take pictures, my colleague had to take a sneak pic selfie.
All dey requested for was for us to share to the public that "police is your friend" we actually did a research and found out that our angel in officer form is none other than the commanding officer of Lagos RRS.
To think he was humble enough to do all dat, nigeria police has really changed #policeisyourfriend #rrs #lagos #ekoonibaje

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/shocked-lady-narrates-how-lagos-police.html
because Una be female.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Iseoluwani: 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by undertaker1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
That us good,but e nor concern me na

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Bsideboi(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
cont'd.
............and he we exchanged phone numbers and letter met at hotel somewhere at Ikeja

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
I like it.
Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by strangest(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
Those ones that entered with Waec, they are our problems

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Help Stranded Woman & Her Colleagues At Simpson's Bridge by tunbosun9: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
ChappyChase:
Well 2 things are involved here,
Its either because she's a fine lady or because na fine motor. undecided undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About New Senate President / Atiku Given Assignment To Fix Nigeria Within Four Years – Primate Ayodele / LMAO Top Funny moments During the Elections- Synord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.