Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? (6768 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Family In Milan (Vacation Photos) / How Often Do You Evangelise? / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by MrAwePresident: 9:01am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
What is the most effective way to share the Gospel with those who are closest to you?

Live a righteous life (this is only achieved by the Grace of God). Be an excellent example of living a life worthy of emulating.
They will see the fruits of your life style and will be drawn towards you, asking you to show them the way.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Godwlyn22(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2016
At some point, every Christian has had a family member, a friend, co-worker, or acquaintance who is not a Christian. Sharing the gospel with others can be difficult, and it can become even more difficult when it involves someone with whom we have close emotional ties. The Bible tells us that some people will be offended at the gospel ( Luke 12:51–53 ). However, we are commanded to share the gospel, and there is no excuse for not doing so ( Matthew 28:19–20 ; Acts 1:8 ; 1 Peter 3:15 ). So, how can we evangelize our family members, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances? The most important thing we can do is pray for them. Pray that God would change their hearts and open their eyes to the truth of the gospel ( 2 Corinthians 4:4 ). Pray that God would convince them of His love for them and their need for salvation through Jesus Christ ( John 3:16 ). Pray for wisdom as to how to best minister to them ( James 1:5 ). We must be willing and bold in our actual sharing of the gospel . Proclaim the message of salvation through Jesus Christ to your friends and family ( Romans 10:9–10 ). Always be prepared to speak of your faith ( 1 Peter 3:15 ), doing so with gentleness and respect. There is no substitute for personally sharing the gospel: “Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ” ( Romans 10:17 ). In addition to praying and sharing our faith, we must also live godly Christian lives in front of our friends and family members so they can see the change God has made in us ( 1 Peter 3:1–2 ). Ultimately, we must leave the salvation of our loved ones up to God. It is God’s power and grace that saves people, not our efforts. The best we can do is pray for them, witness to them, and live the Christian life in front of them. It is God who gives the increase ( 1 Corinthians 3:6 ).
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Henrybiyi: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2016
First, your life preach the first message before you can preach to him.
Can they say you are born again?
Pray for them and opportunity to reach them.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by mcmbonu: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2016
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2016
By becoming a non-hypocritical and sincere mirror whose actions reflect all that you preach.

By being understanding rather than aggressive and inconsiderate when proselytizing. Aggressive evangelism and obtruding your message on people in a supercilious manner would only make them reject your [Christian] beliefs and believe even more strongly in theirs—The Backfire effect.

By figuring out what aspect of the secular world makes them tick and using that as baseline in determining the parts of Christianity that could be attractive to them. The human brain is a puzzle, solve it and you can make anybody do whatever you want.

By not being judgemental, self-righteous, and arrogant in your approach. These three are the major deal-breakers when trying to win someone over, and are even sins against God – these three also happen to be what I detest most in a person. I'd rather get shot by Vasily Zaytsev than share a room with one who embodies these traits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by eph12(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2016
Your lifestyle is a book before their eyes. You preaching to them you better than them financially, spiritually and mentally?
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Walexxy11: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Question: "How can I evangelize my friends and family without pushing them away?"

Like you said, pray for them in your closet and also trust God wholeheartedly for grace and boldness as you approach them because praying for them without telliing them won't do anything. The scripture says "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Rom 10:17.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by maasoap(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
What is the most effective way to share the Gospel with those who are closest to you?
Leave them alone, don't force your religion on them.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by frubben(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Show dem love. Sometime u don't need to speak or quote. Just show dem LOVE and the sacrifices that comes with it. And let your life be practice what you preach.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2016
The most effective way to Evangelized without pushing anyone away is to first mind your fvcking business. I mean what do you even gain by acting Holier than thou while the so called sinners/unbelievers you claim you are evangelizing to live a more civil, Prosperous and noteworthy life than you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by rukkyland(m): 11:37am On Nov 27, 2016
just do it. Who will stay will stay.

meanwhile.

check my signature and make some cool cash.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Iamvictor(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
Let you way of life preach to them
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Egemeole: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by eplanning: 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Reach out in love but boldly testify of Christ.

Rather than be apologetic, be an activist!

Show love to all and do not condemn- that's not what we were sent to do...besides, they're already condemned, so bring them the Word of His grace.

Do not expect all of them to love and be happy with you... But preach anyway.

Do not be surprised if they hate you and turn away from you, preach it anyway for so they hated our Lord and master.

The Lord's hand is mighty upon you!
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by KaptainAfrika: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
1. People don't care how much you know, until you know how much you care.
2. If you are seen as someone who is kind, generous and even caring, its easier to evangelise your friends, it also helps to live the life that you are preaching to them.
3. The truth is, its harder to speak to those who know you, than total strangers.
4. I am not saying you must be perfect, but you are the best advert of what you wish to share with your friends.
May God grant you the grace to share the gospel, I sense from your question, that you care about the eternal souls of those close to you.
5. Finally, I personally define a friend as one who will tell me the truth, no matter how unpleasant it sounds to me, because he/she has my welfare in mind. #Shalom
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by brojoshua: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
As God gives you opportunity, you preach to them one after another.
In other circumstance you may wisely expose them to another true preacher/friend of yours.
We must let everyone know what we stand for that is our faith and it must be made clear and plain.
Again there are some friends that we cannot really not relate with in one way or another and with a certain degree of relationship and friendship, e.g. our neighbours and coworkers. For we are still in the world. As true christains we cannot in a way separate from our family members or stop performing our responsibilities for them because we are christains, that will be sin.
But we know also that a christain used to have his true friends who are also true christains and brethren, these are the true friends and family members of a true christain.
So preach to all people God gives you to preach without the fear of they separating from you. Remember those lepers outside the gate of Samaria who said evil may come upon them if after they have eaten and fed and do not go in and tell others who are dying of hunger. If your own soul have been saved by God by His grace through faith in Christ Jesus, preach to others as He gives you opportunity. Surely those who will hear will hear and those who will separate from you will separate but those who will remain with you will remain, and He will even give you new people after you have lost these ones, according to His words.
My friend preach the word of God to people and stop making excuses otherwise stones will replace you.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Ramj: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
analice107:
The first is just live the life. No preaching.

No criticisms. Not judging anyone, but wld no longer hang out with them. No longer jest and use lewd languages. Obscenities are gone.

No more worldly music, but they want to play, fine, but i don't nod my head or tap my toe.
Don't sit with them to watch the kind of movies we use to watch to together, i wont stop them wen they do, if they ask me why i wont do it, i explain using the Scriptures.

I insists on not doing the things they know me for in the past.

No more anger. Pride is out. i apologise even wen its you who wronged me. i don't hold a grudge. i will give my last and be ready to go without.
I read my Bible always and pray.
i tell the truth even wen i stand to get hurt or lose something in the process.

wen there's a discussion, i go "But this is what the Bible say".

An occasion usually presents itself for a ministration to happen, if not, you wont break through to them.
Let your life preach the gospel.

Thats it ooo. Let your life do the preaching
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by GRACEGLORY: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

It's the most simplest thing to do, wow, all you need do is pray for them, and live the scriptures as you are the living epistles as they don't read the bible. They would be attracted by both your prayer and lifestyle and they Wii turn to GOD.
Mind you, a prayer of faith shouldn't be said more than once or twice or them. And give thanks thereafter cos its so. Mark 11:24.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by 2onymontana(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
Work on your personal relationship with God and pray for their salvation always, Simply let go and and let God take control ....bear in mind that your character may be the only Bible they ever get to read that might lead to their salvation and give them a change of heart.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by baum1: 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
DedeNkem:

Keep your dumb religion to yourself!

Drop your fictitious book (bible) and visit a science class for a change!

Contrary to your view, Christianity is one thing, science is another. They are not substitutes. There are some of the soundest scientists today who are strong believers. It's never either or..

Though you may not want to change your views or may even argue this, that's alright..But it does not change the empirical reality.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Sllime: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
One of my friends attend one church lipsrsealed lipsrsealed will not mention the name. They actually view people who are not from that church as sinners. So my heart is already blocked and nothing he says to me in d name of preaching passes through.

So i think the first and only advise is to keep an open mind, come to terms with the peraon you wanna preach, listen and try to understand his or her own view of life. Then u are gud to go..will end dis with d popular saying "If you wanna catch a criminal, you have to think like one" d/4 if you really wanna preach to anybody even a sinner, you have to think like one. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by DedeNkem: 1:24am On Nov 28, 2016
baum1:

Contrary to your view, Christianity is one thing, science is another. They are not substitutes. There are some of the soundest scientists today who are strong believers. It's never either or..

Though you may not want to change your views or may even argue this, that's alright..But it does not change the empirical reality.

That very few scientists believe in religion doesn't confirm anything. Most people are indoctrinated into religion at an early age and are programmed to accept and rarely question it. Regardless of how logical or scientific we may view ourselves we re all still a product or victim of our early programming.

Science is true, whether or not you believe in it! Unlike religion! There is no common ground between Science and religion
Science is all about evidence, reality and practicality. Whereas in religion, you're forced to blindly believe crap without questioning!
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
TrajansKong:

Kill them immediately. They may go to heaven or hell. Either way they will learn of God's mercy or vengeance this day! The Gospel shall be shared.

Is that how you intent to deal with your loved ones? undecided
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2023
@OP, yhu re not ready to evangelise or for evangelism angry

Why did you say so? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria, Write Down The Date MAY 16th 2018 | New TB Joshua PROPHECY / Amputated Finger Grows Back In Extra Ordinary Breakthrough Global Crusade VIDEO / The Attack On God's Words (KJV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.