Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,975 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (104664 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
E be like say you don see hell fire before grin
HungerBAD:

I dont get you?are you calling Jesus Christ an Illiterate?

Hahn mark my words, you will go to Hell Fire.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mixratio(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=HungerBAD post=50234785]

The good thing about this is that despite his speech I. E Hahn... Jesus will still forgive him if he asks for pardon genuinely...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by BuzyBrain(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
MicroBox:
I can't imagine myself being in this town seeing all these rituals broad day light...
It's going to be do or die affair, at least I will disrupt their activities and it's going to be in their record.
It's high time government ban all this public display of paganism in the 21st century.
Rubbish tradition..

Are you OK? If you can't behold such, blind fold yourself. Better still, Goan Join Biafra. You want to disrupt their activities? Carry on. Let's see if you won't beg for ur left balls. Oloshi
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by NEPAMAN(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

boss leave dat guy. No need tellin him becus he already knows

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by CAPSLOCKED: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
KissChris:

And Who told You He's illiterate

ANYONE WHO HAS COMPLETELY READ THE BIBLE KNOWS THIS.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Legacy44(f): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

The feeling is mutual.

Go to church. Your god needs money as usual tongue

You know... someday u gon regret this ignorant outburst of yours.
Quote me and say what u like... but one thing is certain... You WILL regret it.

God is God.. Supreme and Creator of All. You don't need scientific proof to believe that... anymore than u can't see the air u breathe
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by SIRTee15: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
MarieSucre:

So you think its not barbaric? Fine!

I say it and I'll say it again, sacrificing a dog to Ogun is Savage, cruel, exceeding brutal and primitive. Let us agree to disagree.

how about those that slaughter rams during their festivals.....
I know Muslim's and Jews do slaughter animals and birds for their religious rituals.....
and it's a common practice worldwide including advanced countries......
read about humane slaughter act in the U.S......
so if I may ask, how is this different......
or is it because its a dog........
u need to realize that some cultures eat dogs while some use dog for purpose that may seem disturbing to others.....
Yoruba culture has been offering dogs to ogun diety since ages......
and there's nothing barbaric about that.....
at least it was killed for a purpose.....
unlike white people that hunt down animals just for fun......
99% of animals that had gone into extinction was as a result of white man's cruelty.....
they wiped them out simply for the fun of it......
they almost did the same to whales in the early 20th century until they borrowed themselves sense.....
and that's what I'll call barbarism.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mynd44:

Not literarily. I dont know how to explain this but the weight he will feel when he wears it.

It is more "spiritual" I still dont know how to rightly explain this……

Just like the what the maiden that represents the Osun goddess carries. It is light weight but a heavy burden on the bearer…
Really Mynd44
I thought you and your boss don't believe in the supernatural.
Laws tell me am dreaming
cc seun
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by NAPHTHALI: 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

And what is the benefit if Islam and Christianity to us?

Strife, death, division, extremism e.t.c
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by samueljeri(m): 11:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided
Abi ooo, they are saying its weighted 100kg, how possible is dat, can ooni of ife carry or wear a crown weighting 100kg and still dance with it. Pls and pls lets learn to speak the truth everything because there is nothing like truth, its justified.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by baddosky1: 4:30am On Oct 17, 2016
shinarambo1:
Pretty girls were ushered in from benin to usher guest at the palace. Olori connections. cheesy

So there are no pretty girls in Osun? We give up undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by oganamaster(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=Ishilove post=50234860]

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided[/i wonder oooo]
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mikolo80: 6:24am On Oct 17, 2016
hahn:
How people with such a rich culture believe that an illiterate carpenter in impoverished Israel deserves their worship eludes me
culture of poverty and backwardness ba
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by abbeyfel: 10:29am On Oct 17, 2016
hahn:

And what is the benefit if Islam and Christianity to us?

I will tell you just two.

1). Religion brought with it formal education.

2). Modern healthcare was also brought by missionaries.

We may not have a true spiritual awakening with their invasion, but we became more enlightened as a people...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by abbeyfel: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2016
NovusHomo:

Jesus is 419. Quote me anywhere. grin
Prove it or go to hell. If you can't prove that Jesus is 419, then you are a big FOOL for making such allegation. It's called defamation of character...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by abbeyfel: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2016
SIRTee15:

I know Muslim's and Jews do slaughter animals and birds for their religious rituals.....
u need to realize that some cultures eat dogs while some use dog for purpose that may seem disturbing to others.....
99% of animals that had gone into extinction was as a result of white man's cruelty.....
they almost did the same to whales in the early 20th century until they borrowed themselves sense.....

Point to note. The white people did not kill for fun like you stated. They killed animals for either food or their(animal) skin or fur for "cloths".
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by BuzyBrain(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2016
abbeyfel:
Prove it or go to hell. If you can't prove that Jesus is 419, then you are a big FOOL for making such allegation. It's called defamation of character...

Lol, blasphemy at its peak. But don't be quick to judge, pray on his behalf for forgiveness
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by abbeyfel: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2016
BuzyBrain:

Lol, blasphemy at its peak. But don't be quick to judge, pray on his behalf for forgiveness
Am not judging him at all. only telling him to prove his point. We must be able to defend whatever we say about other people's faith or believe. Christ as already prayed for him I believe. But I will only wish he knows the truth that will free him indeed...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by UjSizzle(f): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
Mynd44:

Not literarily. I dont know how to explain this but the weight he will feel when he wears it.

It is more "spiritual" I still dont know how to rightly explain this……

Just like the what the maiden that represents the Osun goddess carries. It is light weight but a heavy burden on the bearer…
Okay. Thanks smiley
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by MarieSucre(f): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
SIRTee15:

I don't know how to say this without antagonizing you. But i don't care if Muslims and Jews do it or what the white man has wrought or has not wrought. This act is barbaric. The fact that cultures eat dogs or do not does not take away from the fact that sacrificing a dog to a god is needlessly brutal. Needlessly being the key word.

I want you to know that I am not quarrelling with you. We can agree to disagree friend.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by SIRTee15: 5:43am On Oct 18, 2016
MarieSucre:

I don't know how to say this without antagonizing you. But i don't care if Muslims and Jews do it or what the white man has wrought or has not wrought. This act is barbaric. The fact that cultures eat dogs or do not does not take away from the fact that sacrificing a dog to a god is needlessly brutal. Needlessly being the key word.

I want you to know that I am not quarrelling with you. We can agree to disagree friend.

Are u an animal right activist......
because that is the only way u can justify ur stand.....
Otherwise......
I'll conclude u are just trying to be more catholic than the pope........
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by SIRTee15: 5:55am On Oct 18, 2016
abbeyfel:
I will tell you just two.

1). Religion brought with it formal education.

2). Modern healthcare was also brought by missionaries.

We may not have a true spiritual awakening with their invasion, but we became more enlightened as a people...

Colonisation paved way for those things and not christianity........
The colonist introduced formal education and westernised healthcare system to all their colonies irrespective of the people's religious affiliation......
India embraced the above two but continued worshipping their idols.........
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by NovusHomo(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2016
abbeyfel:

Whose character, that of a non existent lie?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
shumuel:

Nope, the Crown wasn't made, it was brought down from Heaven with Oduduwa when he desended with the chain to Earth, according to History Ogun only stole the crown and proclaimed himself Kind when Oduduwa was not around, he bribed the other gods like Esu to support him, but when Oduduwa returned he called the crown from Oguns head and returned to his trown, Ogun was shamed so he left.

undecided where did you get this from?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
dijas:

how a tradition demand for the heads of people which will be used to bury a king eludes me

do you have proof of this?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by dijas(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
macof:

do you have proof of this?
the simple proff there is 4 u to come out during oro
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by abbeyfel: 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
NovusHomo:

Whose character, that of a non existent lie?
Okay. This means your history is very poor. A man Jesus the Nazarene once lived in Palestine. Guess what, am not even a religionist. As a matter of fact, the Quran also confirms his history. Don't lazy around believing what you've been told pal. make your own broad and open minded research. And please don't use the Bible as your case study for the man Christ is grossly underreported in that book...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by abbeyfel: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
SIRTee15:

The colonist introduced formal education and westernised healthcare system to all their colonies irrespective of the people's religious affiliation......
Hello The missionaries founded the first schools in Nigeria. make your findings pls!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by abbeyfel: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
SIRTee15:

This will help clear your ignorance. check out this link to know what you don't know about the history of education in your country. http://nigerianfinder.com/history-of-education-in-nigeria/
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by SIRTee15: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
abbeyfel:
Hello The missionaries founded the first schools in Nigeria. make your findings pls!

obviously u failed to grasp the concept behind my post.....
so are u saying if missionaries hadn't come, education n healthcare will be non existent in Nigeria.......
and that was why I made reference to India....

I hope u know the colonial masters banned missionary work in northern Nigeria......
and that didn't stop them from having schools, hospitals n other western institutions....
remember they produced the first Prime Minister....

even in the south, majority never took the missionaries seriously until the white man used the gun to enforce n entrench his rule.........
then it dawned on a lot of our fathers that the white man is here to stay n rule and it will be wise to learn his ways.........

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 4:16am On Oct 20, 2016
mikolo80:
culture of poverty and backwardness ba

are yorubas poorer and more backwards than your people? undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 4:25am On Oct 20, 2016
MarieSucre:

you really don't have a point. As long as humans kill animals for launch and you overlook that how can you morally pick this case to antagonize?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization / Banyankole Tribe Where Bride's Aunt Has Sex With Groom To Test Sexual Prowess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.