Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (104681 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mikolo80: 4:30am On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

are yorubas poorer and more backwards than your people? undecided
Ki lo pe mi na. Abi you think I just support all our backward culture without logic?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 4:31am On Oct 20, 2016
dijas:

the simple proff there is 4 u to come out during oro

I won't come out unless I am part of the procession. respect the law and stay indoor

Again, other than hearsay, please provide proof of your claim. .. I don't have time for all these "slanderous accusations" cus im sure you don't know any names of the people you claim have been sacrificed to bury a king
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 4:36am On Oct 20, 2016
mikolo80:
Ki lo pe mi na. Abi you think I just support all our backward culture without logic?

answer my question. cus you are not yoruba... or you are a bastard. . it's one of those
and I really don't mean that as an insult but an honest description

aa kin fi owo si juwe ile baba wa

if logic exists to eliminate culture then humans would never be humans
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mikolo80: 4:38am On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

answer my question. cus you are not yoruba... or you are a bastard. . it's one of those
and I really don't mean that as an insult but an honest description

aa kin fi owo si juwe ile baba wa

if logic exists to eliminate culture then humans would never be humans

I understand you're call-in me an Omo ale
OK let me ask you why are we learning western education and not them learning our own
Culture is not static
We were far behind the white man
That is why he conquered us till today
If you like beat your chest and claim superiority
It will not change the fact that we are claiming their religion and their visa.
How many do you see accepting Buddhism MP Hindu or any other religions
Somebody asked a question
And I answered
The truth shall set you free
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by dijas(m): 8:18am On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

I won't come out unless I am part of the procession. respect the law and stay indoor

Again, other than hearsay, please provide proof of your claim. .. I don't have time for all these "slanderous accusations" cus im sure you don't know any names of the people you claim have been sacrificed to bury a king

if u need proof, come out to get thé proof u need
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 8:56am On Oct 20, 2016
dijas:

if u need proof, come out to get thé proof u need

people have been coming out during oro

again I ask provide names of some people reportedly buried with a king during oro
your lie is becoming annoying
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2016
mikolo80:
I understand you're call-in me an Omo ale
OK let me ask you why are we learning western education and not them learning our own
Culture is not static
We were far behind the white man
That is why he conquered us till today
If you like beat your chest and claim superiority
It will not change the fact that we are claiming their religion and their visa.
How many do you see accepting Buddhism MP Hindu or any other religions
Somebody asked a question
And I answered
The truth shall set you free

1. Yorubas were only behind the British in terms of Military technology... we surpassed them in medicine, art, philosophy and many more.... so yoruba have never been far behind any European people. ..
when we were living in progressive communities, the white people were still living in caves. ..only the Romans and greeks had it better

2. there are 3 reasons why Africans were conquered by Europe. ..superior military technology (guns and canons) , greed and disunity of African nations, Religion

3. I'm not sure what you mean by if I like I should beat my chest. .. oh hell I beat my chest everyday and walk proudly as a yoruba man

4. funny how you bring up Buddhism and Hinduism. do you realize that India was also controlled by Britain? yet the Indians have never insulted their ancestors or spat on their culture because of something as mere as being a colony or one time colony. ... Indians refused to remain colonized. ..making them equals with Britain today on a sentient level. ..
but because of morons like you, africa remains colonized even after official independence. .. making Africans less than the Europeans

when you learn to raise up, know yourself and accept your identity that's when you get to be respected as a people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by dijas(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

again I ask provide names of some people reportedly buried with a king during oro

that is thé people used for sacrifice if u doubt me, Côme out during oro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by dijas(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

people that come outside are used for sacrifice, if u want to confirm, come outside
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
dijas:

people that come outside are used for sacrifice, if u want to confirm, come outside

undecided smh. . you're a lost cause man. simple stuff you keep running back to your safe spot with this statement that doesn't solve anything
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mikolo80: 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

1. Yorubas were only behind the British in terms of Military technology... we surpassed them in medicine, art, philosophy and many more.... so yoruba have never been far behind any European people. ..
when we were living in progressive communities, the white people were still living in caves. ..only the Romans and greeks had it better
I haven't seen any evidence of such
Cutlass versus muskets
Cutlass will lose everyday
Maybe my history is bad but only Shaka the Zulu gave the white man a run for his money and he still lost
Winners get to rewrite history

2. there are 3 reasons why Africans were conquered by Europe. ..superior military technology (guns and canons) , greed and disunity of African nations, Religion
o tin jewo bo abi
Is that greedy and disunited culture I'm talking about

3. I'm not sure what you mean by if I like I should beat my chest. .. oh hell I beat my chest everyday and walk proudly as a yoruba man
you know what I mean
And yes you should be proud
But tell me this
Why are Yoruba looking for visa in droves
But not the other way round
If the culture is so superior

4. funny how you bring up Buddhism and Hinduism. do you realize that India was also controlled by Britain? yet the Indians have never insulted their ancestors or spat on their culture because of something as mere as being a colony or one time colony. ... Indians refused to remain colonized. ..making them equals with Britain today on a sentient level. .. same thing applies
Why are they fulling everywhere the Whitman is if their culture is so superior
Why can't they fix their country

but because of morons like you, africa remains colonized even after official independence. .. making Africans less than the Europeans
no my dear frien
It is because of morons like you who refuse to change your ways
As you listed above greed selfishness disunity

when you learn to raise up, know yourself and accept your identity that's when you get to be respected as a people
I have
I do
I am
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mikolo80: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

I haven't seen any evidence of such
Cutlass versus muskets
Cutlass will lose everyday
Maybe my history is bad but only Shaka the Zulu gave the white man a run for his money and he still lost
Winners get to rewrite history

o tin jewo bo abi
Is that greedy and disunited culture I'm talking about

you know what I mean
And yes you should be proud
But tell me this
Why are Yoruba looking for visa in droves
But not the other way round
If the culture is so superior

4. funny how you bring up Buddhism and Hinduism. do you realize that India was also controlled by Britain? yet the Indians have never insulted their ancestors or spat on their culture because of something as mere as being a colony or one time colony. ... Indians refused to remain colonized. ..making them equals with Britain today on a sentient level. .. same thing applies
Why are they fulling everywhere the Whitman is if their culture is so superior
Why can't they fix their country

no my dear frien
It is because of morons like you who refuse to change your ways
As you listed above greed selfishness disunity

I have
I do
I am
But not because of some discredited disillusioed culture
I am respected as a person cos of the way I carry myself
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
mikolo80:
I have I do I am But not because of some discredited disillusioed culture I am respected as a person cos of the way I carry myself
smh. I just can't reply you dude.. I give up on you If you think african culture is evil good for you. ..let's see you turn European
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mikolo80: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

smh. I just can't reply you dude.. I give up on you
If you think african culture is evil good for you. ..let's see you turn European

Tradition (what we've been doing) yes

Fortunately, new culture can be practiced instead
Culture of merit,knowledge,wisdom not age by default or superstition
Culture that rewards not punishes curiosity
You have nothing to say
Is our nation (Nigeria or Oduduwa doing well)
Talk true
Do you see us excelling in anythin as a people (not individuals o)
I'm talking reality o
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2016
mikolo80:

Tradition (what we've been doing) yes

Fortunately, new culture can be practiced instead
Culture of merit,knowledge,wisdom not age by default or superstition
Culture that rewards not punishes curiosity
You have nothing to say
Is our nation (Nigeria or Oduduwa doing well)
Talk true
Do you see us excelling in anythin as a people (not individuals o)
I'm talking reality o

undecided I thought I said I give up. .. what again? go to Europe or Asia and practice their culture and traditions instead
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2016
dijas:

What's this one going mad about? I'm yoruba, my uncles still participate in oro. . I think I would know if any person in the town has gone missing
stop bringing shii out of your brain. ..it's a brain not an ass
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by MarieSucre(f): 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
macof:

you really don't have a point. As long as humans kill animals for launch and you overlook that how can you morally pick this case to antagonize?

I can. And where did you get the impression that i do not condemn the others?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by mikolo80: 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
macof:

undecided I thought I said I give up. .. what again? go to Europe or Asia and practice their culture and traditions instead
better
Instead channel that patriotism into changing the culture into a winning one
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by AkinPhysicist: 11:36pm On Oct 22, 2016
cool This Macof guy is a very intelligent African - I like guys like this. Macof follow me back joor. cool

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by macof(m): 12:33am On Oct 23, 2016
AkinPhysicist:
cool This Macof guy is a very intelligent African - I like guys like this. Macof follow me back joor. cool

thanks smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by sweetgala(m): 5:55am On Oct 28, 2016
Tolexander:
a ke gbajure o!

The crown can't weigh 100kg!
Are crown being at par with 2 bags of cement in terms of earth gravitational pull?

I also doubt it is 100kg but from first hand family report the olojo festival can drain the kings energy and the crown is North of 5kg in weight which is still more than the neck should be subjected to
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by NovusHomo(m): 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
WhatTheFuck:

if e pain me, you for dey 6 feet by now.

E-murderer, killing through his keyboard since IBM started producing computers. grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by BAVOSKI(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2016
Ishilove:

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 6:19am On May 06, 2017
but some girls can fine gaan o. see that fair girl with oblonf face and long chin that was shown twice. the girl beauty no be for here
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by meromero11: 12:11am On Sep 30, 2018
Tolexander:
a ke gbajure o!

The crown can't weigh 100kg!
Are crown being at par with 2 bags of cement in terms of earth gravitational pull?
Impossible. Maybe he meant 1kg
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Ayobami7(m): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2018
this is my comment
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Cholls(m): 11:23am On May 03, 2022
HungerBAD:

I dont get you?are you calling Jesus Christ an Illiterate?

Hahn mark my words, you will go to Hell Fire.

cry
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 8:45pm On May 03, 2022
Cholls:
cry

Lol.

He actually called me later and we became good online buddies.

He was a real one. I even remember he sent me 10k that year.

I wonder if he is in heaven sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization / Banyankole Tribe Where Bride's Aunt Has Sex With Groom To Test Sexual Prowess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.