Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" (30295 Views)

Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Emir Sanusi Took His Family To Cinema In UK (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by cornel994(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
He should call for Islam to be thrown in the waste bin

What else do you expect from a religion whose "prophet" was a serial pedophile?

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Kei144(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2016
Western education is good for an Emir.

Boko mai kyau!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 16, 2016
we should be having two countries. our ideology are different.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by klbakare(m): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2016
Sanusi Is plain silly, he is calling those kids women. He is indeed a paedopHile

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by kraftykc(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2016
This is a welcome and bountiful proposal and it comes at an auspicious moment when relationships in Northern Nigeria between husbands and wives must be assessed and reassessed to find the best possible brand of interaction.

Good going by the Emir.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Okeikpu(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2016
Some certain tribes in that abominable contraption need to be obliterated from ds planet earth
Hopeless entity sad

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
Hmmmm!

His reason cited for the age pegging at 18 is base on recession when I thought he is going to talk about the negative effects it has on the naive girl
This man planning to go agaist muhamed way of life for muslims hmm

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by tempest01(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2016
I believe the constitution of Nigeria supersedes any other ideology in Nigeria.

If I am right, the constitution stipulates a legal age of 18. For you to come up and say you want to peg marriage age makes me wonder. Carnal knowledge of underage girls should be treated as a crime. And those that carry out such acct should be arrested and prosecuted.

What are we really doing in this country? The law hold for some and is overlooked for others.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by dapsonlou(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
Hmmmm!

His reason cited for the age pegging at 18 is base on recession when I thought he is going to talk about the negative effects it has on the naive girl

He did talk about the negative effects, you chose to ignore it.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by dapsonlou(m): 9:36am On Oct 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

Have you forgotten how Hausa brain works?
Tell them anything so far as you are in a higher class, they will kindly harken to it.

His message was not meant for people like you as your iq has supposedly advance inline as your academic advances but what about your northern counterpart, will that be said for their case? I doubt.

The man piece is apt.

You are talking about hausas brain, meanwhile you skip an article and make comments base on a comment. Stop being lazy and read it.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by nyabinghi(m): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

mary was 14 when she was bleeped by a strangeman. The same mary gave birth to your late god(jesus).
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by MarieSucre(f): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2016
Cutehector:
I thought he got married to a lad recently?

lad ke? is he gay?

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Bsmartt(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2016
Let us be constructive in our criticisms. The emir is calling for a stop to the marriage of underage girls. It's a culture mostly practiced in the north of the and as one of the leaders over there he is discouraging his people from such practice. I think he is to be commended.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by hatchy(f): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2016
The North is the bedrock of Nigeria's underdevelopment.

The North have the highest illiteracy head count,the highest poverty head count,the highest birth rate,highest polio and other communicable diseases that can be prevented via vaccinations, proper education and enlightenment which they vehemently refused.
The North is why we are still where we are today as a country. The Northern Muslim is so backward that sometimes i wonder if Muslim as practiced in other parts of the world have versions,of which that of Northern Nigeria has refused to adapt with modern civilization.

Sule my Mai guard has four wives in the village with 32 children and earns just 18 thousand naira as salary, apart from the little stipends he makes from Shoe cobbling.... these guys are insane.

It will take another fifty years for the North to catch up with the South in education if only they will agree to take the western way of life fused into theirs.

The Northern leaders should free the North from deliberate enslavement before this could happen else they continue to live the way they are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Kassidy90(m): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

If both wisdom and understanding visit u, I bet u still won't get sense
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by nyabinghi(m): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2016
There are over 150,000 girls from the east in baby factories, over 2.5 million teenage prostitutes from the east and they are christians, what manner of religion and region do they subscribe and come from. The other day a 14 year teen became a celeb because she was beaten for having sex. Ojukwu started bleeping his wife when she was a teen, genevieve had a daughter at 16. This hypocrites think only muslims marry teen.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Cadamlk: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2016
Sanusi should have directed his statement to the Northern muslims only cos they are the ones that adopt child marriage.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2016
the emir is a disgusting shameless hypocrite, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands, he married an underage girl,so he is also in the category of pedophiles,he should direct this message to his brothers up north, and how many of them are on Instagram self,if he is truly serious, the he should go to BBC hausa and put up a paid advert just like Ben Bruce does on silver bird, that's the way to reach the main people who the message is meant for,until he does that he is just an attention seeking hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by oglalasioux(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2016
I disagree with the Emir. We must follow the Koran and Hadith of the prophet and marry them at 9. Whatever reproductive health or economic challenges that will result is the will of god.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Godstraight(m): 9:47am On Oct 16, 2016
nyabinghi:
mary was 14 when she was bleeped by a strangeman. The same mary gave birth to your late god(jesus).
the person you are talking to is an atheist and so am I,and by the way where in the bible was Mary 14?.u Muslims and your just pathetic and your religion is the only one I know that marries children, something your foolish prophet gave you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 16, 2016
I am presently serving in Jigawa st, most of them are out of school despite the state governments free education policy, the govt even provide seats and register their external exams, But this Hausas value girl child so much, in fact if u re yaro[boy],u re oyo, underage girls turns them on indeed
You will be shocked that most of them in school re married, and u will see poor underage girls tying their own kid u will easily mistake to be their younger ones., I really felt so much pity for those poor girls.
I wonder what will become of this country if they should continue @ dis birth rate for the next 50yrs

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Godstraight(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2016
nyabinghi:
There are over 150,000 girls from the east in baby factories, over 2.5 million teenage prostitutes from the east and they are christians, what manner of religion and region do they subscribe and come from. The other day a 14 year teen became a celeb because she was beaten for having sex. Ojukwu started bleeping his wife when she was a teen, genevieve had a daughter at 16. This hypocrites think only muslims marry teen.
which kind of f**L's are we living in in this country, just look at this g**t,baby factories are you serious,teen prostitution you say,give me the address of where u saw such.yes u Muslims are the only people children in the 21st you deserved to be nuked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by akaahs(m): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Most of d religion fanatic 'll call for his head, instead of them to open their eyes to reality but 'll choose to remain in darkness.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Godstraight(m): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2016
nyabinghi:
which kind of f**L's are we living in in this country, just look at this g**t,baby factories are you serious,teen prostitution you say,give me the address of where u saw such.yes u Muslims are the only people children in the 21st you deserved to be nuked.you are a primitive man how can you even be on the internet with this kind of logic smh

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Godstraight(m): 9:52am On Oct 16, 2016
oglalasioux:
I disagree with the Emir. We must follow the Koran and Hadith of the prophet and marry them at 9. Whatever reproductive health or economic challenges that will result is the will of god.
lol

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by akaahs(m): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2016
Cutehector:
I thought he got m
arried to a lad recently?

bro is d message nd not d messenger. Atleast somebody is thinking.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 16, 2016
tempest01:
I believe the constitution of Nigeria supersedes any other ideology in Nigeria.

If I am right, the constitution stipulates a legal age of 18. For you to come up and say you want to peg marriage age makes me wonder. Carnal knowledge of underage girls should be treated as a crime. And those that carry out such acct should be arrested and prosecuted.

What are we really doing in this country? The law hold for some and is overlooked for others.

Same thing on my mind.

These fuckers don't give a damn about the constitution or democracy, whatever comes from their leaders or their "holy" books is the only thing they accept as law.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by DIVINE78: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
Hmmmm!

And when the economy picks up the marriage ages would be lower again? shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by labiodun48(m): 10:01am On Oct 16, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Emir Sanusi is addressing his message to the wrong crowd. He erred by directing it to Nigerian Muslims. The message should be directed to NORTHERN MUSLIMS, period!

In addition, he needs to issue fatwah against snatch and grab of Christian girls by Northern Muslims.

There is no Muslim in South that marries a underage girl, Muslim or Christian, and forces her into Islam or snatch and grab her against her interest and her parents.

There are two Muslim societies in Nigeria; the Northern Muslim and the Southern Muslim.

Paedophilia, statutory ra.pe, snatch and grab of underage girls, forcible conversion are all acts and practices confined to the North. Therefore Sanusi should get on radio since every Northerner is reputed to own one and use that media to reach out to his people and educate them to join civilization and stop lusting after pvssy like street dogs in uncontrollable heat.

my thoughts exactly and may God bless u

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by ThinkWISELY(m): 10:02am On Oct 16, 2016
The Emir spoke well,but from comments here am seeing various things .

I used to think Muslims are the same.Please Who are Shai,Shittes,Sunni.I still hear of Northern and Southern Muslims

Meanwhile clean 32 inch LG led T.V for sale, 40k,contact me if interested, am in Lagos .
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by nyabinghi(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2016
Godgay:
which kind of f**L's are we living in in this country, just look at this g**t,baby factories are you serious,teen prostitution you say,give me the address of where u saw such.yes u Muslims are the only people children in the 21st you deserved to be nuked.you are a primitive man how can you even be on the internet with this kind of logic smh
people like you would never be trusted with arms, you are hitler in black skin, seems you are pained that your igbo teens are walking bitches no wonder you have baby factories all over biafra. You are a product of a baby factory in isiala ngwa.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" by Godstraight(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2016
nyabinghi:
people like you would never be trusted with arms, you are hitler in black skin, seems you are pained that your igbo teens are walking bitches no wonder you have baby factories all over biafra. You are a product of a baby factory in isiala ngwa.
one Igbo girl have a better chance of haiving a good life than 500 Hausa girls

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages / Canadian Terry Duguid In Igbo Attire During Festival. Photos / Fire Guts Part Of Ooni’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.