Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment (26823 Views)

Zuma’s Resignation: Okorocha Reacts To Calls For Demolition Of Statute / Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by sarrki(m): 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has said there was no big deal in President Buhari's comment that his Wife belongs to the kitchen.

Okorocha, while addressing State House correspondents on Sunday, said the President was only cracking a joke.

The wife of the president, Aisha Buhari, had recently in a widely publicised interview with the Hausa Service of the BBC, talked about APC members who worked for her husband's election but are now allegedly forgotten, saying the president had been hijacked by a cabal that did not work for his success.

But in response, Buhari said she was not a member of the party, stressing that she belongs to his kitchen, sitting room and "the other room", a response that has been generating a lot of attention on the social media.

Asked to react to the comments by the president's wife, Okorocha said Mrs Buhari did not intend to bring down her husband's government.

The governor disclosed that his own wife too sometimes joins his commissioners and other staff in condemning what he does, saying that does not mean she is fighting him but rather "a bridge of peace between me and them."

He said: "This is the time that all Nigerians, irrespective of political party, religion or culture, must come together to see what we can do to salvage the situation and to build the Nigeria of our collective hope and aspiration.

"This is what we must emphasise at this time, and we don't need any form of distraction whatsoever at this time. We should support President Muhammadu Buhari to achieve these three key things--economy, security and power and fight against corruption so that we can make headway. I think we're beginning to see light at the dark end of the tunnel.

"What's now trending in the social media, the comment of Mr. President and interview of his wife; I was there [in Germany] when Mr. President made the comment. I think both the interview and the comment were taken out of context.

"I can understand why the international community speaks on this matter because of human rights and all that's going on around the whole world. I tend to believe that Nigerians should understand this matter, because I don't think those were the intentions as being described in social media and those condemning the act. I can put it this way that it's a joke taken too far outside the shores of Nigeria.

"If you've been with the president and where he cracks jokes, you'd understand that it could be his style of jokes because even when he was responding [to Aisha's interview], he was smiling, I don't think the meaning given to it is what it is. If not, why would he have his five daughters having masters and Phd and his wife educated and putting women in key positions in the country,  I don't think it is. Aisha Buhari who granted the interview didn't give that interview to bring down her husband's government. She was only trying to make peace among perceived aggrieved members in the polity.

"I have situations where my wife joins commissioners and my workers to condemn what I do. That does not mean she is fighting me, rather a bridge of peace between me and them. I'd have loved to make further comments if I do not see President Buhari and his wife having nice time, then, it means there's a quarrel between the two; but I'm sure that as we're hitting our heads with each other on what they've said, they're there having their nice time."

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/no-big-deal-in-buhari-s-she-belongs-to-the-kitchen-comment-gov-okorocha/167070.html#RWTHF47DMKc5QfLD.99

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by HQuadreal: 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2016

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by sarrki(m): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
Okorocha my main Guy

Our future president

God bless Okorocha

God bless pmb

God bless Nigeria

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by hungryboy(m): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
We weren't expecting anything better from the
Chief Houseboy of the Federation
Okorocha

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Xhaka100(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2016

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by sarrki(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Xhaka100:
Okoroawusa the next slap wey u go recieve,bubu ear condition go better pass ur own.

Calm down

No any slap

He's on the right path

1000 shall fall by his right

1000 by his left

Okorocha na the main guy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by sarrki(m): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
hungryboy:
Okorocha

Rochas owelle Okorocha is like a tree plant by the

Riverside

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by hungryboy(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
sarrki:

Rochas owelle Okorocha is like a tree plant by the

Riverside
you don ever see tree were dem plant for Riverside were bear beta fruit?
Tree were dem plant for Riverside, Na tree were dem dey cut use do firewood

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Xhaka100(m): 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
sarrki:

Calm down

No any slap

He's on the right path

1000 shall fall by his right

1000 by his left

Okorocha na the main guy
when last u pray for urself.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by sarrki(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
Xhaka100:
when last u pray for urself.

Thats within me and my creator

Thy lord instruct us to pray for the people in authority

That's what am doing

Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Progressive01(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Everyone knows 99% of all the noise being made over the president's remark are coming from a particular section of the country, and it is more about the president himself than the substance of his statement.

Weren't these same people the ones who filled the air with criticism and insults over an invitation card that allegedly bore Aisha's name with "office of the First Lady"?? Do they now imagine she deserves or needs such designation??

Where were these voices when a state house of assembly in their region voted against equal rights of inheritance for females just as their male counterparts??

Where were they when Sulivan Chime turned his wife into a punching bag??

Bloody hypocrites without brains. Una never see frustration yet- I pray yall remain in this state of misery for another 16 years to come. Na una go tire.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by anigbajumo(m): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2016

"What's now trending in the social media, the comment of Mr. President and interview of his wife; I was there [in Germany] when Mr. President made the comment. I think both the interview and the comment were taken out of context."

100% correct.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by chernest2002: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
Okorocha will worship baba's corpse no doubt but he will never smell asorock.

22 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by MeanChris(m): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Progressive01:
Everyone knows 99% of all the noise being made over the president's remark are coming from a particular section of the country, and it is more about the president himself than the substance of his statement.

Weren't these same people the ones who filled the air with criticism and insults over an invitation card that allegedly bore Aisha's name with "office of the First Lady"?? Do they now imagine she deserves or needs such designation??

Where were these voices when a state house of assembly in their region voted against equal rights of inheritance for females just as their male counterparts??

Bloody hypocrites without brains. Una never see frustration yet- I pray yall remain in this state of misery for another 16 years to come. Na una go tire.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Abagworo(m): 11:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
chernest2002:
Okorocha will worship baba's corpse no doubt but he will never smell asorock.

There's this keke in Port Harcourt that has the inscription

"Are you God?"

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by bennymark(m): 11:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
After all she is not a politician.

None of them is wrong either ways, she use wayo give Nigerians signal. Bubu use wayo dey warn her

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Cadamlk: 11:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
I dont understand the level people are taking this matter. Why should people start lecturing him on how to run his family? Has the wife said anything contradictory to the statement? Many mothers in Nigeria are housewives, so what is new?

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by chernest2002: 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
Abagworo:

There's this keke in Port Harcourt that has the inscription

"Are you God?"
am God's image. If okorocha don't win east, how can he win north who classify him as infidel? Some miracles are impossible.

17 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
sarrki:

Thats within me and my creator

Thy lord instruct us to pray for the people in authority

That's what am doing

Thank you
I pity ur mentality grin....I can see u are mentally disfigured! Pray for people in authority, even when u know that they are absolutely useless n heartless? Take the stupid Okorahausa for example that refuse to clear a refuse dump,is that a leader u should b praying for? People like u are the ones that keep voting for nonentities, thereby making we all to suffer from ur stupidity angry

24 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Cadamlk: 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
chernest2002:
am God's image. If okorocha don't win east, how can he win north who classify him as infidel? Some miracles are impossible.
But they knew GEJ was equally an infidel when they voted for him in 2011.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
Just Negodu what APC has turned Rochas into?

Tho Aisha went too far

PMB also should have avoided such words

But Rochas Rochas Rochas

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Lordave: 11:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
Cadamlk:
But they knew GEJ was equally an infidel when they voted for him in 2011.
Which North voted for GeJ?

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Cadamlk: 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lordave:
Which North voted for GeJ?
Pray tell. So no vote came from north at all?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by freeze001(f): 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Is the Roach of Imo state still calling that nonsense a joke when Mr Daftus has confirmed that he meant every word? Is he sleeping?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Lordave: 12:15am On Oct 17, 2016
Cadamlk:
Pray tell. So no vote came from north at all?
Was it the meagre votes he got from Southerners residing in the North that propelled him to victory?

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by kaltonga: 12:38am On Oct 17, 2016
sarrki:
Okorocha my main Guy

Our future president

God bless Okorocha

God bless pmb

God bless Nigeria
ha o pity you rgeneration if okorocha of all people will be your next president...hmm askimo state

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by kaltonga: 12:42am On Oct 17, 2016
Progressive01:

my frieng go sit down for soakaway...your frog eye god is stil crying go and console him

21 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 17, 2016
The moment Buhari got sworn in as C in C, his name changed from mallam buhari to president Buhari and that means he represents a country and not the Buharis in Daura.

Buhari can never crack jokes like Obama yet the latter never cracked such expensive joke in the public.

Okorocha should rather advise him to apologize, not praise-singing him.

19 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by DaudaAbu(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2016
Right

PMB and Aisha are there having a good time, others are here arguing over their matter
Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by ishiamu(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2016
hungryboy:
Okorocha
Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by ceeethru(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2016
Very soon expect a home movie titled "The Other Room" Starring Nkem Owoh as Bubu And Kate Henshaw as Aisha.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To Buhari's 'Kitchen' Comment by yeyeboi(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2016
If you like call it the boyscotters na una sabi. Crazy government.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri to Peter Obi: 'Use Someones Backyard And Avoid Oversized Venues' / EFCC Arrests 7 Party Agents For Vote Buying (PHOTO) / Nigerians Recall Osinbajo's Sack Of DSS DG, Say Comparison To Pence Ridiculous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.