Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

What You Want From Your Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What You Want From Your Bank? (2418 Views)

How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Anything You Want From The Alaba International Market ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Want From Your Bank? by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2009
If you could change anything in your bank or banking in Nigeria, what would it be?

I need serious answers please.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Ben13: 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
The customer service should be brought to standards, cos it's really poor; The Bankers always feel like they have some special features that cannot be found in others.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by madamL(f): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2009
Banks should stop pilfering our money by way of spurious charges. Also they should give loans to small businesses. I want my fixed deposit liquidated when I say so and hate anyone rolling it over without my express consent. The money in the fixed deposit is mine and so when I want it it has to be given back to me with courtesy and not after almost fighting with the account officer.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by scottN(m): 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
Banks should stop the hidden charges agenda. The other day I went to use an Intercontinental ATM with my GTB card and I was charged 300 naira and I'm like i thought it was 100 naira. Also why would a bank charge me for using its very own debit card on its own ATM?
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by nethacker(m): 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2009
scottN:

Banks should stop the hidden charges agenda. The other day I went to use an Intercontinental ATM with my GTB card and I was charged 300 naira and I'm like i thought it was 100 naira. Also why would a bank charge me for using its very own debit card on its own ATM?
hv u gone to ur branch to lodge complaints abt d unusual debit/charges?
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Ben13: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
nethacker:

hv u gone to your branch to lodge complaints abt d unusual debit/charges?

that's where the customer service needs to be upgraded. You need to follow him to his branch and see for yourself how the suit-wearing monkeys would react to the situation.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Pharoh: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
They should fund the real sector and small scale businesses
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by honeric01(m): 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2009
they should stop charging $49-$80 for an international bank wire transfer
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by nethacker(m): 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ben-10:

that's where the customer service needs to be upgraded. You need to follow him to his branch and see for yourself how the suit-wearing monkeys would react to the situation.
@Ben , make him go first and lets see. If they act funny,let him create a scene.believe me they will sit up
honeric01:

which bank is this shocked shocked
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by nawahoo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2009
I want my bank to understand that I am doing them a favour and not the other way round.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2009
nethacker:

@Ben , make him go first and lets see. If they act funny,let him create a scene.believe me they will sit upwhich bank is this shocked shocked

something with a precious stone name  lipsrsealed
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by clomn(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
what i want from my bank is transparency and sticking to the status quo, not pilfering from the accounts of the poor masses in the name of running a savings account.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by ceexcel(m): 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2009
I think they should redeem our image on the outside, making Nigeria accepteble in online transaction, Paypal dosent accept Nigeria, Think its high time they innovate
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Nezan(m): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2009
Complete overhaul of the Banking sector where money is loaned out following due and transparent processes, no family banks, improved customer relations etc, etc,
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by phuckNL: 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
nethacker:

hv u gone to your branch to lodge complaints abt d unusual debit/charges?

Are you a joker? It would probably cost him/her more than the 300 naira charged to get transportation to the branch. shocked
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by saydfact(m): 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
1st question. , u wan open bank?
well, i like my GTB, i don abandon my oceanic, skye and intercontinental bank, dem no dey allow phone for banking hall, but gtb dey, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Ben13: 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2009
honeric01:

lol

don't even go there. Out of all the Banks in Nigeria, I enjoy their services most; go ahead with any one you can mention.

From the customer service center through the Trade Tracking service, the production/manufacturing attention given, Their Fund Transfer speed, Easy collection of western union and tellers relationship. . . .

They've got all it takes; all they need is more branches and ATMs.

The recently concluded Global Customer Care week was celebrated perfectly only in all branches of Diamond Bank. So I wonder what else you want from a firm who takes care of your money, if not all these. . .

Not trying to be sentimental, but the guys are good.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by otukpo(f): 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2009
this is not a thread to advertise any bank. So that u love ur bank or not, keep it to urslf.

nawahoo:

I want my bank to understand that I am doing them a favour and not the other way round.

2. No hidden charges, the banks shld be transparent.
3. The bank shld not charge me for withdrawing money from my savings account irrespective of the branch the account is domiciled, since it is still the same bank and they are online.
4. The bank shld not charge me for withdrawing 20,000 naira across the counter, they shld not force me to be using ATM.

5. sudden disappearance of money from my account without a good explanation from my bank is not acceptable.

6. they shld finance the real sector.

Pause
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
my bank serves me perfectly, mine is Stanbic IBTC Bank, FX transfers is same day value( i guess by virtue of them being an international Bank) whenever am in the Banking halls, it feels like am not in Nigeria.
Their ATM has never given me funds not available.They are one of the few banks actually give mastercard creditcard not debit.
for domestic banks, GTBAnk is it !!!!!!!!!!!

I am perfectly contended with my banks.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
honeric01:

gbam, they deduct too much when you send money home
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by 1forall: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2009
My money. . . and then some wink
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by kkfox(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2009
I need them to bank on dreams, invest in ideas - not running after FD accounts. It's a shame all bank's do in Nigeria's play around with money. The same money, just a different bank cheque.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by r231(m): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
Better customer service & training. Not when all this so called graduates yelling at you in the bank jus cus you are not wearing some big agbada or suit and also discussing your account infront of some stranger breathing down your neck
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
Is it by force to use ATM cards?

honeric01:

Why will i have to been charged N100 for withdrawing my money over the counter,that is dam insane
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by verni: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2009
increase d moni i v by 50% evry 2months, afta all, no be our moni dem d use invest? all ds steal steal banks sef. grin grin
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Igwe9(m): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
The tighten up the security on ATM cards
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by Excellent7(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
I will just want them to restore trust which is the basis of the entire banking business. most of these banks leave u feeling exploited. In fact it is now better to dig the ground and hide your money than going to the bank. Because in the bank you may get rude service, waste time, and pilfering of you money under one guise or the other. For me most of the banks are just hype on display. Imagine a bank deducting money under many subheadings from even a savings account haba! It has not always been like this.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2009
I should be able to collect my atm card easily from any of the branches irrespective of the branch the account was opened without having to go thru' some long bureaucratic Poo and waiting endlessly for days (Access Bank) and YES I want more INTEREST on my money.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by frgy1: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2009
don't even know how to express my anger.this? in naija? ,
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by slimes(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2009
Banks should focus more on their customers. Encourage savings by boosting their interest rate on savings and offering packages that protect demand deposits.
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by dramenda(f): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2009
f*
Re: What You Want From Your Bank? by lahips: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

Licences/permits Needed For A Trucking|haulage|equipment & Logistics Company / Forklift - How Much To Rent Out Per Week? / Golden Manipulated Fixed Match On Facebook Is Fake And Scam!!read This!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.