Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration (2426 Views)

Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Aljazeera Calls Hungary Draconian For Stopping Illegal Migration Of Arab Refugee / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by blacksta(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2009
DISTURBED by the increasing rate at which Nigerians migrate illegally abroad, the Senate may summon the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ojo Maduekwe and the Comptroller General of Immigration, Joseph Ude, to brief it on measures to curb the practice.

A motion to that effect, which has been published in the Senate Notice Paper, would be debated next week when the Upper House resumes sitting.

Sponsored by Senator Wilson Ake (Rivers) and 19 others, the motion canvassed urgent measures to be taken to address unemployment in the country to stop youths from embarking on illegal trips abroad.

The motion also asked the Federal Government to ensure the revival of ailing industries and assist the organised private sector to generate more jobs, noting that the illegal practice was prompted by "the search for the proverbial golden fleece without sufficient information of the immigration laws and the regimes applicable in the countries of their destinations."

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/21/17.html
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by blacksta(m): 11:50am On Oct 22, 2009
Na wa o - These politicians sef - fix the country and migration will stop
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by KnowAll(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
Is that the most important pressing problem facing the nation at this point in time, the constitutional conference they were suppose to deliberate, recommend and rectify has being suspended until further notice, they are talking of immigration, they should be glad at least it means one less mouth too feed for every migrant that leaves the country and one more Naira in their pockets.
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by scottN(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2009
blacksta:

Spot on! You've said it all wink
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by citizenY(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2009
You slap me and tell me not to cry. Make life sweet for Naija and you can make any law you like.

Tell them to not to worry, because we shall soon close the borders, without their say so. This will give

us an opportunity to deal with these mandarins. Yeye people.
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by snokky(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
the Govt must be smoking weeds!!!

The Country is getting worse by the day and u dont want youths to run comot abi?

Then dey mad. Let them go ahead and pass some yeye law to block us, if i wont personally handle their mess

Sick pple
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by Hercules75(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
ao will it be possible?
with the porous entrance at Magama (Katsina), idiroko & others?,
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by Fhemmmy: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2009
I hope this will include their own kids too that do all it takes to go study abroad and stay there afterwards.
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
Bogus topics to debate at the senate which they will never take action upon, Lets wait and see if they will build the great wall of nigeria to cage us.,
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by Nezan(m): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
Our Senators are jokers, never take them serious for any hearing . . . nothing will change.
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by bawomolo(m): 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
blacksta:

simple
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by Guylan(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
What the hell are these guy's thinking? Stop these unemployed graduates from leaving Naija by any means? But, wait, that may be good for naija, because if all these unemployed graduates won't migrate abroad by any means, then they will stay in Naija unemployed, probably, that may create an opportunity for them to really see how our corrupt politicians are handling the oil money(which is the cause of the chaos in Naija today) and may be one day, they will take to the streets in large numbers to protest for a change. Who knows! God bless Naija. embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by meine: 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2009
Fix naija and people will stop migrating illegally and dont come up with some funny rules because some naija guys will gladly devise means of breaking them! If you wanna confirm what i mean senators , go and ask the British High Commision!
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by sayso: 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2009
The ones debated on ,what solution have they come up with,useless Senators.
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by Tcrack(m): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
These leaders make statements that makes you wonder if they think with their ass.Why would anyone leave the country illegally if life were easy here?
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by clomn(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
THERE ARE MORE BETTER THINGS TO DEBATE IN THE HOUSE JO. EVEN THE ONE THEY HAVE DEBATED ON WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME.

FOOLS
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by sunnyprof: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
Senate? Stop migration? including their children and family members? order only their own family members abroad to come back and you will see that only a few nigerians would be abroad!! cry shocked
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by ceej(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2009
whos loosing,if that happens that they close the borders,then the NIS should be ready to go hungry!
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
idle fools
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by 1forall: 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2009
And sadly, its another money spinner for some of them senators . . .  shocked
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by slimes(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
Emigration hike is a display of the hardship that Nigerians are facing daily.
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by r231(m): 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2009
blacksta:

true
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by OAM4J: 8:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
How many Americans are leaving America illegally or how many British are illegal immigrant in other countries. If Nigeria is OK why would anyone be leaving it illegally.

These politicians should address the real problem jo. Another waste of time and taxpayer’s money to debate nonsense, instead of debating the real issues; power, bad roads, unemployments etc
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by EMMYLECH: 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
THE SENATORS, PRESIDENT AND ALL THOSE THAT ARE @ THE TOP MIGRATE ILLEGALLY,
EVEN NIGERIAN'S MONEY, BUT THIS MEN TRAVEL WITH THERE HARD EARN CURRENCY
TRYING TO GET THERE EYES OF THE FACE OF THE VULTURE WHO CALL THEM SELF
LEADER FOR. FOR PEACE TO RAIN THEY SHOULD TAKE THERE EYES OF FROM THESE GUY
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by klerry(m): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2009
All we have in this country are sets of dull leaders, when there are real issues affecting the country and these issues is the main cause of the immagration like the dull speaker said, shouldn't they fix the issues rather than chasing shadows?
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by rethink: 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
This is what I call freedom of Expression
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by shotster50(m): 5:37am On Oct 23, 2009
These people have lost touch with reality. So stopping people from Migrating against their will is the solution??
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by princekevo(m): 5:48am On Oct 23, 2009
It that not what they want. They are not ignorant of what they are doing.
They would never raise any bill on creating more job opportunities for the youths, rather the want to check on migration which they know the country is incapable of.
They want all the youths to flee the country, by crook or by hook, leaving them to run the country as they like and that means a greater portion of our resource.
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by na2day2(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2009
[size=26pt]" i love my country i no go lie, na inside am i go live and die!, "[/size]   grin grin grin story!
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by zimik(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2009
I don't understand this senators. sometimes i think we are wasting our money on them.who doesn't know that our problem in nigeria is power. with constant electricity things will naturally turn-around. Another issue is that we should have one legislative arm. The two are doing the same thing
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by dererca: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2009
i love my country i no go lie, na inside am i go live and die!, " lol,lol,lol
Re: Senate To Move Against Illegal Migration by heroes1983(m): 9:17am On Oct 23, 2009
Damn mother fucking damned ass pot bellied idiots. Really cunning ones they are

"The motion also asked the Federal Government to ensure the revival of ailing industries" (there own personal industries)  "and assist the organised private sector" (industies of their relatives)  "to generate more jobs"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vision 2010:what Happened To It? / Is Nigeria Still Sovereign? / Fg Approves Sack Of All Nitel/m-tel Workers - N51. 6b Set Aside To Pay Benefits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.