Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar (1414 Views)

Buhari's Interview With Osasu Show: Speaks On Aso Rock Cabal & Daura (Video) / The Unaired Part Of Aisha Buhari's Interview, By Jaafar - Premium Times / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
The Buhari I knew before the election was not the obtuse person we have today as president.

In the heat of the intense pressure mounted on the BBC to stop airing the remaining part of the controversial Aisha Buhari interview a few days ago, I had the privilege of listening to the interview before it was fully aired.

My good friend, the head of the Abuja bureau of the BBC, Naziru Mika'il Abubakar, invited me to his office for comment on the interview, and directed that it be played to me before recording my comment.

Listening to the president's wife passionately expressing herself on how her husband runs Nigeria left me cringing. Reading between the lines, I realized Mrs. Buhari was sending an SOS to Nigerians to save her bewitched, servile husband from the clutches of the Aso Rock witches, popularly known as the "Aso cabal.”

The Buhari I knew before the election was not the obtuse person we have today as president. The Buhari I promoted during his campaign had no nepotistic, despotic or robotic tendencies. The Buhari I voted for was not this pliable. Forgive me if my knowledge of him was superficial.

Aisha Buhari might have pitched the nation a curveball, but her interview is actually a deafening echo of what we have been saying for ages about her husband. When I first raised alarm on the dangers of the influence of the numero uno of the cabal, Mamman Daura, on the Buhari administration barely three weeks after Buhari took his oath of office, I received all manners of insults and invectives. Today a lot of my predictions have come to reality.

But if the Mamman Daura cabal is in fact the one running this country, then it appears to be a very unintelligent lot whose mastery does not go beyond the art of nepotism and crafts of plagiarism.

This cabal has kept both the nation and the president under a spell, leaving the economy to slide into recession, our currency to crash beyond salvation and impunity to reign supreme. This cabal suffocated a mega political party Nigerians from all regions labored and united to build.

It saddens me to realize that our president has been turned into a puppet, managed by some half-witted puppeteers, who are majorly dextrose at swinging his legs to Europe, America and Asia, stretching his hand to perpetuate nepotism or opening his mouth to goof.

From ministers to heads of agencies, there has been either portfolio misplacement or elevation of incompetence by this cabal right from the outset of the present administration. This very same cabal gave plum appointments to the progeny of the famous Kaduna mafia, some of whom even served the immediate-past administration or openly campaigned for the PDP.

A leading member of the cabal, who is the present Chief of Staff to the president, Abba Kyari, was appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan as a member of the Ribadu-led Petroleum Revenue Task Force in 2012. A year earlier, Kyari had turned down Buhari's offer to serve as the secretary of one of the CPC presidential campaign committees -- perhaps because Buhari had little chance of winning.

Take the case of the Sokoto ministerial nominee for instance. Any loyal party man will not be happy to see the daughter of Kaduna mafia member Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji, Aisha Abubakar, appointed minister from Sokoto State. Aisha openly campaigned for the PDP governorship candidate in Sokoto State and her brother, Aminu Abubakar Alhaji, who unsuccessfully vied for the Tambuwal/Kebbe Federal Constituency ticket on the platform of PDP.

Again, no one who wishes the APC well will be happy to see Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, the daughter of another Kaduna mafia member, Yahaya Hamza, appointed minister from Kaduna State. Zainab headed NEITI under Jonathan and contributed to the PDP during election.

Any card-carrying member of the APC will be saddened to see Mohammed Bello, the son of Mamman Daura's friend, Musa Bello, appointed minister from Adamawa State. Mohammed Bello headed the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria under Jonathan but was given the plum FCT ministry by the Aso cabal. I believe if he had gone against the PDP, he would have been removed immediately after Jonathan lost the election.

But look at how the cabal dumped loyal party members in Enugu like Osita Okechukwu to appoint Geoffrey Onyeama, who had hitherto never met Buhari nor worked for the APC, as minister of Foreign Affairs.

Will any APC politician be happy with Senator Ita Enang, a top Jonathan campaigner, as Senior Special Assistant to the president on National Assembly (Senate) or Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, also a top Jonathan campaigner, as chairman of the almighty Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), while loyal party men like Senator Magnus Abe were kicked to the backstage? Senator Abe was even shot by the police during election in Rivers.

Aisha Buhari might have been wondering, where were loyal Buhari campaigners like Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, Faruq Adamu Aliyu, Dele Alake, Barrister Ismail Ahmed, Architect Waziri Bulama, Yusuf Tuga, Yakubu Lame, Dr. Hassan Lawan, Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, Umaru Dembo, Ubale Hashim, Umar Dangiwa, Ibrahim Hussein Abdulkarim (the brain behind Buhari Support Organisation's crowd funding innovation), among others?

The president's wife and party supporters will also be incensed to see appointees of the past government still heading a number of agencies and departments. The cabal should know that party men are piqued that the 12 agencies of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources are still headed by the appointees of the past government as well as a minister, Sulaiman Adamu, appointed not for his political contributions to the success of Buhari but close family ties.

Now take a cursory look at the reappointment of Umaru Ibrahim as managing director of NDIC. Ibrahim was appointed in December 2010 by Jonathan but was reappointed by Buhari to serve another five years as if there were no competent persons within the party fold. One still wonders why the Director-General of PenCom, Mrs. Chinelo Anohu-Amazu, is retained despite the fact that her appointment was initially done in violation of law. Does Buhari think his party is happy that Malam Sani Sidi, a protégé of former Vice President Namadi Sambo, is still the head of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)?

Whoever wishes the president and the APC well must feel strongly about this. As someone who stood by her husband during election, Aisha Buhari has rights to complain when some forces took over her husband or when things go wrong in the party. I still believe she loves her husband more than those that are insulting or mocking her. She is still the highest authority on the president's mental and socio-physical state.

One basic fact a lot of fanatical supporters of Buhari forget is that he rode on the saddle of a political party to power. The fortunes of the party are diminishing and those who labored to build the party and ensured the emergence of Buhari as a candidate are relegated, while political ambulance chasers take the center stage. APC's growth is inorganic, and it needs some therapies to strengthen its fragility.

There is concern about the political future of Buhari and the APC. As it stands today, barring any miracle, Buhari could either be the first incumbent Nigerian president to lose a party ticket at the primaries or the second president to lose re-election in Nigeria's political history.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/17/unaired-part-mrs-buharis-interview-jaafar-jaafar

2 Likes

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
The situation at stake is not unfelt by Nigerians. The question is, why is it just raising the dust now ? Havn't Nigerians been lamenting on social media ? Is Naira's predicament not enough to drive the message home to Mr President and the Aso 'Demons' that the economy has fallen apart ?

That the President's wife [ the closest person to him ] joined in to lent voice to the feelings of that average man on the street, who's got no voice is enough to tell us that the President himself knows that there's a real issue at stake, but then like the past leaders – Their comfort zones blind their eyes to pains of those who elected them into office.

Now, that's where the problem lies, whenever you have leaders at the helm of affairs who take the feelings and the expectations of their subjects with disdain – Don't expect to be in a better place than here.

For the President to have affirmed on two separate occasions that his wife's place is in the kitchen and the 'other room' only shows that he doesn't give weight to the perspectives of his wife, neither does he respect the reasoning capacity of the women folks.

We all know this truth, we all feel it, the economic realities Nigerians are facing are not less severe than the level of empathy that the interview evoked. The President's wife only expressed the pains of the common man. Its high time, Mr President did something with his advisers – Aso Demons.

"A man is defined by the quality of advice he receives and the people that surround him".

[size=1pt].[/size]
Hubscroll ::: Virgin America takes us into the future of sneakers – pre-installed TV and wifi hotspot
[size=3pt].[/size]
[size=3pt].[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
Aisha Buhari means well for this country, she needs help but only the AFONJAS dont understand the issue at stake, the her too FULLISH to understand. Buhari needs help............

4 Likes

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Delicious22: 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
Long epistle.

Just like the book of "Psalms"
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Delicious22:
Long epistle.

Just like the book of "Psalms"
its not long, you might be in the position to save buhari...... read and educate yourself
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
Irrespective of what ever happened to Hajia Aisha Buhari after the BBC interview, history will be kind to her. I respect her wisdom, courage and discernment in speaking against a demonic cabal that is holding her husband hostage. She is a role model for women in this country. The problem is that most men don't appreciate beautiful jewel like Hajia Aisha. I pray that God give PMB the wisdom to realize that Hajia Aisha belongs to his heart.

5 Likes

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by djPyper: 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
im my opinion the points raised here are not entirely solid, to begin a president simply doesnt appoint everyone who worked for his election into his cabinet, are they qualified for such positions? im sure the campaign team were paid salaries for their work, making them ministers cannot be a reward, and you mentioned people like magnus abe, yes he is an apc member but he was working to get himself into the senate not for buhari, so buhari owes him nothing, we can all agree that most of Buhari's apointees have a proven track record, lets give this goverment a chance, by 2019 if nothing is achieved we can then vote in someone else.
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Jumkye: 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
So that is how we opened our eyes and Kaduna Mafia took over, na wah o
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Delicious22: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:

its not long, you might be in the position to save buhari...... read and educate yourself
Save who? I rather save this tempting N50 to buy a condom than to save him.
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
egbonnla:
Irrespective of what ever happened to Hajia Aisha Buhari after the BBC interview, history will be kind to her. I respect her wisdom, courage and discernment in speaking against a demonic cabal that is holding her husband hostage. She is a role model for women in this country. The problem is that most men don't appreciate beautiful jewel like Hajia Aisha. I pray that God give PMB to wisdom to realize that Hajia Aisha belongs to his heart.
i hope so brother, the truth is that many nigerians dont understand what she is passing through, they just sit down and spew thrash.... she wants to save her husband and she is scared of the man safety...
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Chanchit: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:
Aisha Buhari means well for this country, she needs help but only the AFONJAS dont understand the issue at stake, the her too FULLISH to understand. Buhari needs help............

It seems you have comprehension problem, if there's any part of the country that does not understand Aisha, its the ipob's, cos you guys jubilate at any misfortune of Nigeria, forgetting we are in it together.

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Chanchit: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
djPyper:
im my opinion the points raised here are not entirely solid, to begin a president simply doesnt appoint everyone who worked for his election into his cabinet, are they qualified for such positions? im sure the campaign team were paid salaries for their work, making them ministers cannot be a reward, and you mentioned people like magnus abe, yes he is an apc member but he was working to get himself into the senate not for buhari, so buhari owes him nothing, we can all agree that most of Buhari's apointees have a proven track record, lets give this goverment a chance, by 2019 if nothing is achieved we can then vote in someone else.

Just hear yourself! Even if you were paid to defend this government try put yourself in other peoples shoe then imagine how you would feel after working tirelessly for such victory only to be told you've been paid for your work while the opposition party maintain their job cos they are best at it and the country is in recession. If they are good enough to win election with the president, they should be good enough to work with him

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
Chanchit:

It seems you have comprehension problem, if there's any part of the country that does not understand Aisha, its the ipob's, cos you guys jubilate at any misfortune of Nigeria, forgetting we are in it together.
gerrout of here

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by doctokwus: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
The most annoying part which has given my kind grave cause to actually doubt the integrity,sincerity and competence of PMB is that many If not all of the non members,or emergency APC members he appointed as ministers or heads of agencies,is that they are not just incompetent but grossly corrupt.
At least If u decide to ditch people that struggled to bring u to power, let d non party people u so appoint be corruption free and competent to justify u appointing them.

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Chanchit: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:

gerrout of here

SMH
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Kingkamal(m): 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
I don't believe in superstition but buhari really changed as if some clans used him as robot. Ruben abati and FFK mentioned that, serious ritual is going on, we pray to almighty to save baba.

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kingkamal:
I don't believe in superstition but buhari really changed as if some clans used him as robot. Ruben abati and FFK mentioned that, serious ritual is going on, we pray to almighty to save baba.
people wont understand, there is something wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by djPyper: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
Chanchit:

Just hear yourself! Even if you were paid to defend this government try put yourself in other peoples shoe then imagine how you would feel after working tirelessly for such victory only to be told you've been paid for your work while the opposition party maintain their job cos they are best at it and the country is in recession. If they are good enough to win election with the president, they should be good enough to work with him
You're missing my point, being appointed a minister or director of parastatal is not a reward but a call of duty, if it happens that some of the party members are qualified then they can be appointed which Buhari has already done.
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by ivandragon: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
another way to look at this issue is that;

those who served under/campaigned for PDP, but are now power brokers in this regime, were never really PDP members at heart...

those were the saboteurs that were used to discredit & frustrate the efforts of GEJ to make a more positive mark.

so in order words, these were the real foot soldiers who dealt the killer blows to the PDP & they are being rightly rewarded for their 'dangerous mission' behind enemy lines.

food for thought?...
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Jesusloveyou: 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:
Aisha Buhari means well for this country, she needs help but only the dont understand the issue at stake, the her too to understand. Buhari needs help.....
she wants pmb to fire all d pdp and ipods in this govt, no wonder things are not working the way it should be, becos ipods are the problem of nigeria, she also meant tecnocrat like kachukwu should be sack becos he never campaign for pmb, and cbn gov. should fire himself.

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Jesusloveyou: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
egbonnla:
Irrespective of what ever happened to Hajia Aisha Buhari after the BBC interview, history will be kind to her. I respect her wisdom, courage and discernment in speaking against a demonic cabal that is holding her husband hostage. The problem is that most men don't appreciate beautiful jewel like Hajia Aisha. I pray that God give PMB the wisdom to realize that Hajia Aisha belongs to his heart.
u now agree with Pmb that aisha belongs to his heart

1 Like

Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by bennyann: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
ivandragon:
another way to look at this issue is that;

those who served under/campaigned for PDP, but are now power brokers in this regime, were never really PDP members at heart...

those were the saboteurs that were used to discredit & frustrate the efforts of GEJ to make a more positive mark.

so in order words, these were the real foot soldiers who dealt the killer blows to the PDP & they are being rightly rewarded for their 'dangerous mission' behind enemy lines.

food for thought?...

Gbam!!! Chop knuckle
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by abokibuhari: 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar by Chanchit: 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
djPyper:
You're missing my point, being appointed a minister or director of parastatal is not a reward but a call of duty, if it happens that some of the party members are qualified then they can be appointed which Buhari has already done.

But you and I know its not a call of duty in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

$29.9bn Loan: OBJ Draws Battle Line With Buhari:Says A ‘Third Force’ Will Emerge / Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano / Throwback Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida With Queen Of England, Elizabeth II In 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.