Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP (27409 Views)

Fayose Welcomes Ekiti Accountant General & Finance Commissioner After Release / Photo Of IPOB Soldiers After A Military Training / Released 21 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents, See Emotional Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Eyor1(m): 10:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
– A faction of Boko Haram, ISWAP, claimed it killed 20 soldiers in a raid on Sunday in northeastern Nigeria

– The insurgents who came in eight vehicles fired rocket-propelled grenades

– A community leader in the Ghashghar area confirmed the raid

Boko Haram claimed it killed 20 soldiers in Borno state and wounded dozens of others in a fierce clash on Sunday, October 16.

In a statement released on Monday, October 17, by the group using the name Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), the insurgents said they were still a threat to the northeastern region, The Punch reports.

ISWAP is a faction of Boko Haram. The Islamic State jihadist group appointed Abu Musab al-Barnawi as its leader in August. However, Abubakar Shekau is still claiming to be in charge of the sect.

According to the group, it “stormed a joint position of the armies of Nigeria and Niger” in the town of Ghashghar in northeast Borno state.

Confirming the raid, a community leader in the Ghashghar area said the Boko Haram militants took the soldiers by surprise when they fired rocket-propelled grenades.

“I was called by two of my contacts, informing of an attack late yesterday on the joint military personnel from Nigeria and Niger stationed in Asaka village, around 15 kilometres (nine miles) from Ghashghar,” the community leader who pleaded anonymity said.

The leader said he was told that the insurgents who came in eight vehicles launched an attack with heavy guns and rocket-propelled grenades on the soldiers.

He said the insurgents stole six military vehicles and weapons.

“The soldiers suffered huge casualties because they were taken off-guard. They never anticipated such an attack,” he added.

This is coming less than a week after 21 Chibok girls were released from Boko Haram captivity. The girls have been reunited with their families.

President Muhammadu Buhari has said that more Chibok girls will be released as long as Boko Haram terrorists are ready to negotiate with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).

Since 2009, Boko Haram has been waging war against Nigeria and some other West African nations like Niger and Cameroon.

https://www.naij.com/1012104-releasing-21-chibok-girls-boko-haram-kills-20-soldiers.html

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by 0079jaBond(m): 10:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 18, 2016
This type of news are hidden from the public.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by SpitsOnYoruba: 8:38am On Oct 18, 2016
Super story

They agreed to release some of the imaginary Chibok girls in exchange of their captured members, the deal was made and in return they killed 20 soldiers

So you mean to tell me that they don't know that it's bad for business, they wouldn't make that type of mistake because it would affect their business relationship with their master Buhari

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2016
God will hold every one that contributed to the released of some boko haram members in exchange of chibok girls responsible for any further lost of live that we will record in this country, as a result of boko haram attacts.

Our messiah who promised to end boko haram in two months, is now releasing the ones the man they tagged incompetent and clueless managed to put behind bars for the safety of the public.

In fact let me say my heart out without fear of anyone.
God in heaven will hold buhari responsible for every live that is lost to his boko haram blood sucking boys, today he is the president through the means of blood shedding. The blood of all the innocents that boko haram killed in other to bring buhari into power will stand against him soonest.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by veekid(m): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2016
Na like hundred soldiers go don fall; for them to tell the public it's 20

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by slimthugchimee(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2016
mtchwwwww so i should believe terrorist propaganda...when soldiers kill boko haram, we see pictures

boko show me pictures of dead soldiers or video before i gre

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 18, 2016
Pictures or Adonbelivit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by magni2016(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2016
OK
Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:40am On Oct 18, 2016
It will never be well with Ali Modu Sheriff cry

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by rabex123(m): 8:40am On Oct 18, 2016
Nawa ohh..nawa oh.
God help us from this evil people.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by misscall247: 8:40am On Oct 18, 2016
Buhari boys suckin our soldiers blood

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by BrutalJab: 8:40am On Oct 18, 2016
Dem go tell us

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by richidinho(m): 8:40am On Oct 18, 2016
Na wao

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Built2last: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Imagine bokoharam having a free ride in Borno in 8 vehicles. is that not a convoy. yet Bokoharam has been defeated.

The media has suddenly stopped reporting aggresivelly the happenings in that region. Not that Bokoharam has receded in any for.

how can negotiation with Bokoharam be going on and both army and Bokoharam are bombing each other. who then is negotiating? Beleive this government at your own peril.

Here was my position when the 21 girls were released

I don't think we have heard all there is about these girls being paraded as Chibok girls.

Here are my questions. Nd if you have answers provide.

1. Anywhere in the world, when negotiations begin...There is a ceasefire between waring and opposing side. On monday Bokoharam bombed in Maiduguri killing 9 and Bokoharam was negotiating.
Tuesday Nigerian Airforce was bombing sambisa and smoking out Bokoharam members. Yet, we were told they were negotiating.

2. How can 21 girls of Chibok come back and there is no jubilation in Chibok, no picture of an excited mother trekking to Abuja to come and embrace her daughter after 2 years.

3. Lai Mohammed said nothing was exchanged for their release. Another news said 4 commanders of Bokoharam were released.

5. Chibok school, no news of excitement from those in school now that some of their seniors have been released.

6. You claimed you brought them back and flew them to Abuja where it will make news and took them to DSS clinic where they will not have the press take a close look and ask few questions. I never knew that DSS clinic is the best to rehabilitate emotionally wounded people.

7 Almost 100 found or escaped now, still no interview. Each one is spiritedoff to Sudan and some other country for "education."

No really, no pastor is using one to boast that the mother came to him topray andhis prayers worked HALLELUJAH! No alfa or Jazzman .

8. In another 2 weeks the 21 girls will disappear into thin air with no trace for interview like others before them.
All I know is that days and months ahead will reveal more.

9. How come none of the girls can speak even pigin English.

Feeders from Nigerian military says they are not aware any Chibok girls were released. And they have chosen to maintain their fight in North East. No Nigerian high ranking military officer can boldly tell you they are aware of any negotiation that took place. Only DSS know where they manufactured those village women. You negotiate and no cease fire? Hmmmm

When a lie has been told you need many more lies to sustain the former.
To whom head is given. Brain is required.

My Opinion.

89 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by BashMe1(m): 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Awon oniro oshi.... Where proof? Afterall, chibok girls proof is readily available. ISWAP ko, SIM SWAP nii. Mstchew

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by MSItachi: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Na wa
Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Earth2Metahuman: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Picture of the said soilders

When army kill book haram, they show us the pictures and the arms recovered.

How do you kill a large 20 well trained soilders and not have a single picture? Na so camera phone expensive reach?

I know wailers will be happy with this news though. They will come and display their frustrations

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by sagio09: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Boko aram really want to bcom relevant dix dayx,d earlier dey agree they have been defeated to their knees d better
Lets analyze the bull crap post,
They have naw started to disintegrate theirselves into dffrnt factions lyk our pdp,dix one ISWAL abi na wetin.
They are naw arguing on who is the leader of their said dead group,barnawi dey drag nd shekau dey drag .
Some of the leaders are for the relaese of the gilrs while other leaders nd members are against their relaese..na wa
This crapy story is been reported without any or even one of the said dead 20 soldiers or even a particular wheel of the said seized abi na recovered cars.
Lastly I SMELL LIES

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Anyone who still empathizes with bokoharam in the name of.political, religious and tribal sentiments should have their brains checked.

If this news is making you happy that the current government is failing, I'm not sorry to tell you you are sick. angry angry angry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by AntiWailer: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
no proofs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by justmenoni: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Go there and confirm yourself, then take pics and upload here for other gullible ones like you.

Keneking:
Pictures or Adonbelivit

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by capatainrambo: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
eh na

hope it's the afonja
because thier kinsmen love the regime
I have no quams if an afonja soldier falls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by 4nobody4every1: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Keneking:
Pictures or Adonbelivit
sad angry sad

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Built2last: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
OK NA
Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Opistorincos(m): 8:41am On Oct 18, 2016
cry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by gbaskiboy: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2016
Boko Haram una father
Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by Podolskie777: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by pheyikemi: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2016
Only God knows what the swap deal btwn the FG and boko haram terrorists entails. Now those poor guys were sent to untimely deaths, who will care for their families? The North should find a way to deal with this malignancy they created biko and leave the innocents out of their shiits. I'm tired of this one day, another wahala in Nigeria abeggi. Shame on this s1lly government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by kcnwaigbo: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2016
what do you expect when 5 of their top commanders have been released in the exchange for the chibok girls. Inasmuch as I want the chibok girls to be released,it is not worth releasing animals back into the society.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by ednut1(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2016
The whole thing no just make sense anymore abeg. na dem sabi

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP by gameboy727(m): 8:43am On Oct 18, 2016
This is just sad. RIP to the fallen soldiers. Nemesis would definitely catch up with those evil people called ISWAP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Governor-Elect, Akeredolu, Visits Mimiko (photos) / Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency / Court Nullifies Kwara State Governorship Primary Election Of APC Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.