Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Have You Seen This Sign Post? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Seen This Sign Post? (422 Views)

Have You Seen This Kind Of Face Before PICS / Have You Seen This Kind Of Leg Before - PICS / "I Can Make You Rich, Happy & Popular" Church Sign Post In Port Harcourt (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen This Sign Post? by chrisxxx(m): 5:54am On Oct 18, 2016
I sighted this sign post today presumably erected by OPM in Port Harcourt. The owner of the church is a core philanthropist by name Apostle C. Chibuzor. He vehemently condemns pastors who have converted churches to business centre. He pastors one of the biggest churches in Port Harcourt. He is of the opinion that church money is not pastor's money but the church and should be used for the benefits of the church. He criticises those pastors who use church money to build schools that members of same church can not attend due to exorbitant amount they charge as school fees.
Some pastors in Port Harcourt presently are having a running battle with him.
He calls pastors that people pay consultation fees to see armed robbers.
His church has free school(I mean everything free) including books and uniforms. He also has free meal restaurant.

Re: Have You Seen This Sign Post? by Badgers14: 5:59am On Oct 18, 2016
That's true though in my opinion... Because the members contribute the money via alot of ways to build the school.. It is sad that schools owned by churches are the most expensive....

But no carry that sign post go near covenant university .. Baba Oyedepo will open the gate of hell and shove you inside.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Sign Post? by BALLOSKI: 6:00am On Oct 18, 2016
undecided
Re: Have You Seen This Sign Post? by busterr(m): 6:02am On Oct 18, 2016
OK
Re: Have You Seen This Sign Post? by AnodaIT(m): 6:19am On Oct 18, 2016
The early missionaries sacrifice so much to give us free education.

Now we collect money from people, then build school and ask them to pay to attend. I just don't understand.

If you can raise so much money to build, why can't you raise money to run it or at least provide highly subsidized education

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Sign Post? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 18, 2016
Preach on pastor!
Go on!
Tell them!

That's why I respect pastor T.B Joshua till date. The only pastor that acts like the ones in the Bible. He gives to the poor unlike some with private jets, expensive schools and all that.

As for me, I prefer to give to the blind rather than pay tithe. Don't quote me angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This Sign Post? by coolebux(m): 6:53am On Oct 18, 2016
If the local authorities can allow the sign to last till this date, then the Pastor's claim is true.
Re: Have You Seen This Sign Post? by xendra: 7:53am On Oct 18, 2016
AnodaIT:
The early missionaries sacrifice so much to give us free education.

Now we collect money from people, then build school and ask them to pay to attend. I just don't understand.

If you can raise so much money to build, why can't you raise money to run it or at least provide highly subsidized education
because pastors are now also competing for who's the richest, and they need what ever they can collect to get there. now a days church has become the best business place, where you get all the workers you need for free. they are even the ones who pay you.

(1) (Reply)

Black Church Leaders Slam Hillary Clinton On Abortion And Religious Freedom / Funeral Etiquette / Let Your Light Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.