Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) (13371 Views)

Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) / Four-storeys Elementary School With Race Track On The Rooftop In China(Photos) / Medical Students Dabbing In School (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Ddaji(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bolustic:
Aside from the education sector, the northerners are really investing in their places.

For instance, it still surprises me to see patients been transferred from UCH, Ibadan to Uthman DanFodio Teaching Hospital, Sokoto because it is the only hospital in Nigeria that can boast of a particular machine. Medicine students here receive monthly bursaries and are retained in their hospitals here.

I have been to different local governments in Zamfara, Katsina, Kaduna, Kebbi, Sokoto states and hardly would you see potholes on their roads. The bad roads in some of these states are FG roads.

How many northern states are owing their workforce? Compare with that of your geopolitical region.

Let's compare the allocations these northern states with those of the southern ones, then we would really know if the FG or state governors are our real enemies.

I just laugh at people when they ignorantly talk about development in the north, most southern states are far behind.
God bless you my brother.The machine in question was acquired to the Hospital by sokoto state govt under bafarawa.many northerners are on nairaland just for the fun of ignorant comments of some people.Common drainage their state government cant construct but nobody in the south is bold enough to question the governors.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by TeamSimple(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
lordkhalifa:
nonsense why not upgrade one of those medical schools in your state , it will benefit a lot of ur people that wishes to be a doctor, how are will going to grow when we can't appreciate our own, even if nah malaria dey worry buhari he no mind going abroad just to treat malaria... buhari and his cronies are scammer
Why didnt you say the same thing when GEJ was montly sending students to european countries to further their studies. He even sponsore PGD students.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
snowsnow:
undecidedgood question this should be directed to that governor
probably be thought in English . It would be an international school .
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ddaji:
God bless you my brother.The machine in question was acquired to the Hospital by sokoto state govt under bafarawa.many northerners are on nairaland just for the fun of ignorant comments of some people.Common drainage their state government cant construct but nobody in the south is bold enough to question the governors.
Guy relax oo come to the Teaching Hospital at Oghara in Delta state and see for yourself.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by youngbeezy98(m): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
ebosie11:
SPONSORED JIGAWA STATE MEDICAL STUDENTS ARRIVE CHINA

The 2nd Batch of the 60 Students sponsored by the Jigawa State Government to study Medicine in in Shenyang Medical College, China arrived Beijing yesterday.

Shenyang Medical College is one of the best medical institutions in China that offers degree in Medicine.

Already 10 of the students had arrived China while the remaining 50 students are expected to commence their studies next week.

The sponsorship of the students was in line with the present administration's determination to ensure that all heath facilities have qualified Manpower.

The State's Commissioner for Health Dr Abba Zakar Umar who conveyed the students to China said the decision to sponsor the students was borne out of the state government's commitment to ensure adequate provision of medical doctors to its heath facilities.

He assured that the state government would ensure prompt payment of their scholarship allowance to enable them complete their studies successfully.

He said the state government would pay 5, 800 dollars per annum for each of the students in the University and "adequate arrangements have been made to ensure prompt settlement of all their fees to enable them concentrate fully on their studies", the commissioners said.

Auwal D. Sankara (Fica),
Special Assistant to the Executive Governor of Jigawa State On New Media

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/sponsored-jigawa-state-medical-students.html
This is lovely. Our government should learn to invest more of their citizens than employing citizens from abroad. I hope other state governments could take dressing from this. Together we'll make Nigeria great again
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bolustic:
Aside from the education sector, the northerners are really investing in their places.

For instance, it still surprises me to see patients been transferred from UCH, Ibadan to Uthman DanFodio Teaching Hospital, Sokoto because it is the only hospital in Nigeria that can boast of a particular machine. Medicine students here receive monthly bursaries and are retained in their hospitals here.

I have been to different local governments in Zamfara, Katsina, Kaduna, Kebbi, Sokoto states and hardly would you see potholes on their roads. The bad roads in some of these states are FG roads.

How many northern states are owing their workforce? Compare with that of your geopolitical region.

Let's compare the allocations these northern states with those of the southern ones, then we would really know if the FG or state governors are our real enemies.

I just laugh at people when they ignorantly talk about development in the north, most southern states are far behind.

Seconded You never visit Kano. Infrastructure ends for Kano City. Dr. Rabiu Musa Really Tried. Even federal roads have no friction holes, infact federal roads are much six lane roads reconstructed by state government in agreement with FG during Kwankwaso tenure.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by lordkhalifa(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
TeamSimple:

Why didnt you say the same thing when GEJ was montly sending students to european countries to further their studies. He even sponsore PGD students.
Charlie we are no longer in GEJ government... wake up from the reality
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Exponental(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Future Doctors on strike. They will start comparing their pay in Nigeria with China's. I hope the scholarship covers a non negotiable contract with the State hospitals for 10yrs.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Godstraight(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
saintkel:
If its not scholarship, dis Northern folks won't wana go to school. Trust me, dis students r average, d best in those school will come from d south but government will not train them or send them abroad all in d name of ethnicity n religion
why are u this evil painting all all southerners as bigots
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Godstraight(m): 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bolustic:

name the southern states
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ddaji:

True Northern Nigeria look brighter in that aspects. But south only to make mouth using media.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Godstraight(m): 1:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
TeamSimple:

To my fellow brothers in southern Nigeria,development is the ability to write and speak english language.
education, economy, health infastruture,average income,stability,progressivity etc am still waiting for the northern state that beats EDO state
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
saintkel:
If its not scholarship, dis Northern folks won't wana go to school. Trust me, dis students r average, d best in those school will come from d south but government will not train them or send them abroad all in d name of ethnicity n religion

Look at you. Which School are you talking about?
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Semper247(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tolexander:
I wish to know the test of merit for these students chosen to study in the chinese medical school.
Hope it isn't based on cronyism and nepotism as usual.
Town crier, tell ur own state govt to use nepotism ti send ur people abroad to acquire necessary skills needed for the development of ur state.
Why are u using paracetamol untop another person headache?

These students will come back qualified doctors in different areas of medicine offering quality services to the state and probably getting ur own people treated on referrals.

A state govt is investing in her people and election losers like u are crying wolf...... Na ur state money dem use?

2 Likes

Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Godstraight(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

True Northern Nigeria look brighter in that aspects. But south only to make mouth using media.
bros am not happy about the evil the north gets,but if you think for one moment apart from good roads the north beats or even equals the south then u are on a long thing
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tolexander:
I wish to know the test of merit for these students chosen to study in the chinese medical school.
Hope it isn't based on cronyism and nepotism as usual.

Exam was conducted in Jigawa State Polytechnic.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Debaddest:
What about Nigeria Students being detain abroad, where are they now

They are not from that state.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Godgay:
bros am not happy about the evil the north gets,but if you think for one moment apart from good roads the north beats or even equals the south then u are on a long thing

Excluding Abuja. In summation only Lagos State is better than the north.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by tdayof(m): 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
snowsnow:
undecidedgood question this should be directed to that governor
Classes are in English and there are over 200+ Nigerians at SMC already. You can easily get a Chinese that speak English at average so no problem.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Godstraight(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

Excluding Abuja. In summation only Lagos State is better than the north.
oga I don't your time ,do even know what you are saying,okay let us use my state (Edo) ,which state in the north is better? ,economy,education, standard of living,average income,housing,health,stability?
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Chai Ipod yoots will die on top north matter. Congrats my state people, go make us proud.

2 Likes

Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by elmahmoud: 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
saintkel:
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Godgay:
oga I don't your time ,do even know what you are saying,okay let us use my state (Edo) ,which state in the north is better? ,economy,education, standard of living,average income,housing,health,stability?

I don't want to argue bcux no matter how I spend my time explaining, it will be a wastage of energy. Kano State is better in all listed Above. Its not by what you read in news paper or social platforms.

North don't speak and make too much mouth and chest beating. Only Lagos surpass Kano in summation excluding Nation capital.

You talk of Edo: After Kano , Portharcout is next not Edo State. I wish you visit kano on assignment to change your perception.
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by salis123(m): 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good one Badaru, still some gullible southerners esp Biafra wil nt be happy when hearing dis.

1 Like

Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by jegz25(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
saintkel:
see talk abeg..y r u so pained by dis? Dis is state scholarship not federal,go ask ur own governor to send u abroad. Ode
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
Johnnyessence:
I really commend d governor for his effort on this one
that is a big setup....
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by Godstraight(m): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

I don't want to argue bcux no matter how I spend my time explaining, it will be a wastage of energy. Kano State is better in all listed Above. Its not by what you read in news paper or social platforms.

North don't speak and make too much mouth and chest beating. Only Lagos surpass Kano in summation excluding Nation capital.

You talk of Edo: After Kano , Portharcout is next not Edo State. I wish you visit kano on assignment to change your perception.
kano is better in economy?, EDUCATION,Stability,HEALTH,life expectancy,average wealth and other stuff I listed there,u are a not serious oga
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by salis123(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

of course Kano, Kaduna are far more developed than Edo, the problem with some myopic thinkin youth 4rm the south is Northern Nigeria is such a backward and primitive society nt knowin that they are only fooling themselves. Proudly northerner

1 Like

Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by beshiman(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bet with me, if this guys are fully sponsored over there. they won't come back to Nigeria qagain not to talk of Jigawa State... #smiling
Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by MrHenshaw: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
TeamSimple:

To my fellow brothers in southern Nigeria,development is the ability to write and speak english language.

And where has the writing and speaking of English Language taken the Southerners.Pls let me redirect your focus,most of the great inventors never spoke English Language neither were they great writers.What identifies a Man is the ability to give that which no one else can offer within a given time.
I don't want to know how to "speak or write English Language" but how to change the ugly socio-political and Economic frustration been experienced by the good people of Nigeria.
HIV cure is still begging for inventor irrespective of Language,race,gender,continent and literacy level.

2 Likes

Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by rufaikoko(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
saintkel:
Your father must be idiot. Do you expect the Governor to sponsor Southerners to study abroad? You don't have Governors or what? Rascal!

1 Like

Re: Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) by rufaikoko(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Southerner's definition of development/civilisation: Ability to speak, write or dress in English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You May Fail JAMB 2018: Read And Avoid Failure / Can I Use My Last Year Jamb Profile Code For This Year? / Which Nursing School Is Presently Admitting Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.