Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 (2364 Views)

”federal Allocation To Each State In April 2016” / See Federal Allocation To All States In April. Osun's Own Will Shock You / Ojukwu, Etiaba, Obiano Switch On Igwe Orizu Street Light, Nnewi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by comos: 8:40am On Oct 18, 2016
After about three years after completion of the Geometric Power Ltd, Aba, Abia State, one of the Independent Power Plants (IPP) licensed by the Nigerian Government, the Plant is set to switch on around April next year, according to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and former Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji.

Bogged down by contractual and other ancillary controversies, the Plant has been held down from switching on since completion. But Nnaji at the weekend revealed that all the issues have been resolved and the plant set for switching on in six months’ time. ...

culled from Guardian

6 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by yeyeboi(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2016
Nice
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by fendorf(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2016
Great news
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Smart78(m): 8:57am On Oct 18, 2016
fendorf:
Great news
About to... About to... for many years now.
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2016
This is pure Biiafran technology at work not whites or asians helping us.

Afonjas...oya come and hate since that's what you were born to do.

2 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by AKswift: 10:50am On Oct 18, 2016
Clinton9000:
This is pure Biiafran technology at work not whites or asians helping us.

Afonjas...oya come and hate since that's what you were born to do.

What a great move, Nnaji

We wont honor your invite to rubbish the good work of this man. But I will leave you with this: an Afonja made sure he got the licence to set-up that plant. You can find him in Ota, Ogun State.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2016
AKswift:

What a great move, Nnaji

We wont honor your invite to rubbish the good work of this man. But I will leave you with this: an Afonja made sure he got the licence to set-up that plant. You can find him in Ota, Ogun State.

Obasanjo is not an afonja...he is a yoruba man. Both are two different things. Fani Kayode, Fayose, Judge Ademola are Yorubas not afonjas.

9 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by obailala(m): 11:11am On Oct 18, 2016
comos:
After about three years after completion of the Geometric Power Ltd, Aba, Abia State, one of the Independent Power Plants (IPP) licensed by the Nigerian Government, the Plant is set to switch on around April next year, according to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and former Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji.

Bogged down by contractual and other ancillary controversies, the Plant has been held down from switching on since completion. But Nnaji at the weekend revealed that all the issues have been resolved and the plant set for switching on in six months’ time. ...

culled from Guardian
Na wa.. thats a long time..
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Sibrah: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2016
I suspect someone is trying to backdate the plant's completion date in order to score some cheap points.
Why didn't we hear about it all this while?
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by AZeD1(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2016
Sibrah:
I suspect someone is trying to backdate the plant's completion date in order to score some cheap points.
Why didn't we hear about it all this while?
The plant has been completed since but legal issues prevented it from operating.

3 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by AZeD1(m): 11:39am On Oct 18, 2016
Clinton9000:

Obasanjo is not an afonja...he is a yoruba man. Both are two different things. Fani Kayode, Fayose, Judge Ademola are Yorubas not afonjas.
The issue between Barth Nnaji and the owner of EEDC was settled by Fashola.

6 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Sibrah: 11:39am On Oct 18, 2016
AZeD1:

The plant has been completed since but legal issues prevented it from operating.
How come it wasn't discussed or carried in media? I remain vigilante.
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by agabusta: 11:44am On Oct 18, 2016
Good work Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by CSTR13: 11:57am On Oct 18, 2016
agabusta:
Good work Fashola.
You must be high.
What has fashola got to do with a company investment that predates his govt.?
Let him go and add 1MW to Nigeria's current generating capacity and then maybe you can worship the clueless man then.

5 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Sibrah: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
agabusta:
Good work Fashola.
Was he involved? I can't see any connection yet.

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by dEastActivist: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sibrah:

You sure say you dey naija so.

You can go back to check what you've missed already.

This can help

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/power-fg-settles-dispute-eedc-geometric-power/amp/
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by dEastActivist: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
CSTR13:
You must be high.
Let him go and add 1MW to Nigeria's current generating capacity and then maybe you can worship the clueless man then.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/power-fg-settles-dispute-eedc-geometric-power/amp/

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by MXrep: 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
AZeD1:

The issue between Barth Nnaji and the owner of EEDC was settled by Fashola.
should we praise fashola or Nnaji, Fashola is struggling with darkness and begged nnaji to help. I will only only praise fashola if it is not connected to the national grid according to original agreement, but it seems fashola begged nnaji to shift grounds and supply to national grid to save him from the darkness he is supplying to nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
CSTR13:
You must be high.

Don't mind them...when they cannot match a powerful technology coming out of SE, they find a way to to tie an Afonja to it. Tomorrow they will tell us Tinubu advised Nnamdi Kanu to fight for Biiafra. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by MXrep: 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sibrah:
did you fall from Jupiter? Geometric was completed 3 years ago. It was to supply directly to Aba, but after the privatization of Discos, Emeka Offor bought Enugu Disco which included Aba, thereby causing legal tussle. If fashola's settlement of the matter is for Geometric to supply to national grid then he did nothing but begging for help from Geometric, but if it is for direct supply to Aba then i will praise fashola forever.
It is this same confusion from Abuja that made Obijackson to put his proposed power plant at Okija on hold, he would have finished to capture Onitsha/Nnewi industrial zones.

4 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Ovamboland(m): 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
dEastActivist:

This can help

Don't mind the dofus, their mind is only capable of soaking up bad news, like gas pipeline bombed, power plants suffer system failure.

When the minister enumerated the steps and work done to ensure all historical encumbrance to starting up the plant is resolved their mind can never process such news.

Meanwhile i rejoice with all the residents and businesses located in Aba as they take the step towards uninterrupted power supply. The little power currently supplied to Aba can be redirected to less endowed cities who lack risk takers like Prof Nnaji.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by CSTR13: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
dEastActivist:

And so?
Legal Issues can always be resolved in court, as long as Geometric power is on the side of the law they SHOULD win.
The real heavy duty here is the creation of the infrastructure and funding .Legal issues can always be resolved
Yes, fashola did well here but sorry if i don't clap too much, with some airheads already trying to count it as one of his legacy projects as an act of desperation when the man has not even added a single MW yet.
South africa's Power ministry along with Eskom has already started large scale investment in Nuclear generation despite the already enormous nuclear electricity generation south africa currently commands . That is what i expect from my power minister.

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Sibrah: 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
MXrep:

did you fall from Jupiter? Geometric was completed 3 years ago. It was to supply directly to Aba, but after the privatization of Discos, Emeka Offor bought Enugu Disco which included Aba, thereby causing legal tussle. If fashola's settlement of the matter is for Geometric to supply to national grid then he did nothing but begging for help from Geometric, but if it is for direct supply to Aba then i will praise fashola forever.
It is this same confusion from Abuja that made Obijackson to put his proposed power plant at Okija on hold, he would have finished to capture Onitsha/Nnewi industrial zones.
Pls don't take my post as a jibe. I am quite conversant with our struggles with power supply and thought such issue was suppose to be a front burner issue.
I now realize the challenge with the power plant. It is same challenge that has forced the River, Delta and Lagos IPPs to be relegated in terms of priority. There are certain laws strongly supported by the less forward-thinking regions which helps corner any significant amount of power generated into the National grid for all to use. I suggest Nnaji to try and strike a deal with any large cluster of industries in Aba and sell to them. If he succeeds with this I tell you, sky is the limit for him.

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by dEastActivist: 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
CSTR13:
And so?
Legal Issues can always be resolved in court, as long as Geometric power is on the side of the law they SHOULD win.
The real heavy duty here is the creation of the infrastructure and funding .Legal issues can always be resolved
Yes, fashola did well here but sorry if i don't clap too much, with some airheads already trying to count it as one of his legacy projects as an act of desperation when the man has not even added a single MW yet.
South africa's Power ministry along with Eskom has already started large scale investment in Nuclear generation despite the already enormous nuclear electricity generation south africa currently commands . That is what i expect from my power minister.

OK sire. You had a point though.
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Sibrah: 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
dEastActivist:

This can help

I already read it up. The issue here is same thing that has discouraged other states like Delta, Rivers, and Lagos. To transmit to a wide range of locations the IPP needs the expensive infrastructure of Transmission Line Network. The less forward thinking regions are the ones holding us back here. Time will fail me to go back and dig deep into my own posts and provide you with my own take on this similar issue.

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by dEastActivist: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sibrah:
I already read it up. The issue here is same thing that has discouraged other states like Delta, Rivers, and Lagos. To transmit to a wide range of locations the IPP needs the expensive infrastructure of Transmission Line Network. The less forward thinking regions are the ones holding us back here. Time will fail me to go back and dig deep into my own posts and provide you with my own take on this similar issue.

I have done my own part in enlightening you.

I have nothing else to contribute than being happy for the Abians and the environs, they need it for their business to flourish.

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Sibrah: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
dEastActivist:

I have done my own part in enlightening you.

I have nothing else to contribute than being happy for the Abians and the environs, they need it for their business to flourish.
I don't think you capable of enlightening me. I am well aware of the Rivers, Delta, and Lagos challenges that predates the Nnaji challenge. I bet you don't understand the deep details being paraded here.
Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Abagworo(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
So finally the jealous Anambra man has given up. Congrats to the largest commercial and industrial city in the Southeast with the best teaching hospital.

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by dEastActivist: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sibrah:
I don't think you capable of enlightening me. I am well aware of the Rivers, Delta, and Lagos challenges that predates the Nnaji challenge. I bet you don't understand the deep details being paraded here.

I'm not in any contest or in any drama being paraded here biko.
I only correct the anomalies being paraded here when I see one. Which I have done in your own case.
So carry on with your parade. Okk wink

Until i request, You can have my 2cents smiley

1 Like

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by dEastActivist: 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
[s]
Abagworo:
So finally the jealous Anambra man has given up. Congrats to the largest commercial and industrial city in the Southeast with the best teaching hospital.
[/s]

Anambra people are happy for our brothers in abia state.
We are also grateful for the timing intervention of fashola and please stop making it seem is a fight bw abia and Anambra as nothing is wrong with your IQ.

I reiterate here that A good development in abia state is a a gooddevelopment to Anambra and vice versa and to Nigeria in general.

3 Likes

Re: Geometrics $530m Aba IPP To Switch On In April 2017 by Abagworo(m): 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
dEastActivist:
[s][/s]

Anambra people are happy for our brothers in abia state.
We are also grateful for the timing intervention of fashola and please stop making it seem is a fight bw abia and Anambra as nothing is wrong with your IQ.

I reiterate here that A good development in abia state is a a gooddevelopment to Anambra and vice versa and to Nigeria in general.

You can preach this your sermon to those unaware.

https://www.nairaland.com/1850127/how-emeka-offor-keeping-aba

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good News: Buhari Is Alive, Minister Reveals The President’s Current Status / Billionaire Ifeanyi Uba celebrates wife, shares throwback photo of their wedding / So What Is Biafra's Exit Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.