Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore (18762 Views)

My Wife Says She Is Not Sexually Attracted To Me / My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Mindfulness:

Exactly. smileysmiley

Everyone relax some more.

When you feel stressed out, that's the time to relax. It may seem counterproductive but it's when you need new energy the most.

Teach me how to... I need it too pls

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
Mimzyy:

Teach me how to... I need it too pls

Everything you need to know is on this thread on this page:

https://www.nairaland.com/2273391/what-like-try-next-life/1#50259555

smiley
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
Mindfulness:

Everything you need to know is on this thread on this page:

https://www.nairaland.com/2273391/what-like-try-next-life/1#50259555

smiley

Thank you
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by TV01(m): 12:16am On Oct 20, 2016
kunleajaye:
I want to believe it’s the stress of work, school, and the many thoughts going through our minds that is causing all this, but I don’t want to wake up one day and realize I don’t love my wife anymore. I don't want a situation where all this will split our family apart and suffer the little ones. cry
To a degree you are right about some of the underlying issues. What you haven't clearly articulated is what you want. Many are advising it's par for the course, to focus on your wife' attributes, appreciate your blessings etc. All that is fine for as far as it goes, but it's only a solution if it matches what you want.

Could be it's called a "sex life" for a reason? It really does have a life of it's own, almost separate, but within the greater union. Like a muscle it can be exercised and grow, or it can be left to atrophy, literally waste away due to lack of use.

Even if you resolve some of those underlying issues, it doesn't mean your sex life will be fully invigorated. Listen, if a puny, concave-chested, scrawny man won the lottery, he wouldn't become a lean, beautifully muscled - a me that is grin - man as soon as he cashed the cheque.

I won't say anymore for now. After all, you may have found what you seek here already. But if it's something more - I note the "beautiful girl" you remember from early on, and I would imagine lots of passion - go to the boys night out thread, do some reading and mention me there.
https://www.nairaland.com/1582623/boys-night-out-discussions/174#48656780

I am not claiming to have the lottery winning formula grin

All the best whatever you choose to do.

TV
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 20, 2016
@op, i was once in dz very stress-filled spot of urs, my situation became vry hectic i come home frm long energy-sucken work, she would nag me lyk hell, yes lyk about everything she feels i was doing wrong, she most times transfer her anger frm d kids to me, frm d kitchen to me, frm d empty toiletries dwn to anything. wen i talk - it irritates her frm dia we argue to eachother's fill. i work so hard to provide for my wife and 4 kids. oh s3x was out d window and i stop initiating or worrying myslf to sleep about it. she sometimes nausea me wen i initiate cuz my toddler daughter was winning in dat department alrdy. so one day, she overstep & i almost hit her on her disgustin nasty face. she wept as if i had alrdy hit her while i was lashing my way out of the hauz to clear my head perhaps, for a moment i saw d panics in my kids. i felt guilty. didnt sleep well dat night. until i came up wit a solution lyk planning my personal finance, rooting out excess expenses, adjusting n allocating to needs dat matter most.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by chocodaviva(f): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2016
ItsQuinn:
From the observation of your story, I don't think your wife is going to change so it's either you tolerate, have extra marital affairs or you get a divorce. Simple! The choice is yours smiley

R u for real?extra marital affairs?
Get a divorce ?
All dis internet Advisers ehn??
R u truly a woman?
Dnt worry someday somewhere ur Husby will need advice from friends and family to either divorce u or start extra marital affairs
Karma is such a beautiful bitch mtshewwwww
Nairaland is becoming a Mental Asylum
OP Abeg ignore her childish Advice

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by chocodaviva(f): 6:09am On Oct 20, 2016
AgrotConsult:
@op, i was once in dz very stress-filled spot of urs, my situation became vry hectic i come home frm long energy-sucken work, she would nag me lyk hell, yes lyk about everything she feels i was doing wrong, she most times transfer her anger frm d kids to me, frm d kitchen to me, frm d empty toiletries dwn to anything. wen i talk - it irritates her frm dia we argue to eachother's fill. i work so hard to provide for my wife and 4 kids. oh s3x was out d window and i stop initiating or worrying myslf to sleep about it. she sometimes nausea me wen i initiate cuz my toddler daughter was winning in dat department alrdy. so one day, she overstep & i almost hit her on her disgustin nasty face. she wept as if i had alrdy hit her while i was lashing my way out of the hauz to clear my head perhaps, for a moment i saw d panics in my kids. i felt guilty. didnt sleep well dat night. until i came up wit a solution lyk planning my personal finance, rooting out excess expenses, adjusting n allocating to needs dat matter most.

God bless ur wisdom man
I love it when pple talk outta experience
All d OP needs is encouragement
God will bless our homes
Ur exp is touching
U r a good man

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by doveda: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2016
Hi Mimzyy, please don't think you can come back and act like nothing happened.

I will always hold what you did over you.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by oglalasioux(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2016
It's the stress. Both of you are frustrated and you are looking at each other as the cause of the frustration. If you are willing to solve this problem then it's simple.

Stop seeing your wife as the cause of your troubles. Even if she's looking at you in that angle solve this problem by loving her up; don't yell at her even if she does, help with house chores and be more romantic when approaching her for sex.

I hope you'll do something about this for the sake of your kids.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 8:59am On Oct 20, 2016
AgrotConsult:

Thumbs up to you. May God continue to bless your home and also grant you wisdom and understanding.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by bukatyne(f): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2016
kunleajaye:
Next week will be the fifth year anniversary of the day my wife and I tied the knot. It hasn’t really been smooth sailing and many people feel marriage is all about a fairy tale, a handsome hunk sweeping the fair damsel off her feet and riding off into the sunset to live “happily ever after”. From my experience, marriage is anything but.

A year after our wedding, my wife lost her mother on that ill-fated Dana plane crash. She was barely into her first month of pregnancy and she almost lost the baby. God knows how much we all tried to hold things together for her and her younger ones as she automatically became the mother figure to her younger ones. A few months later, into her 8th month of pregnancy, we both left the shores of Nigeria to the US as I had accepted an admission for graduate studies.

Fast forward to today, we have three lovely kids, a girl (the first) and two twin boys. Unfortunately for me though, I seem to have lost some of the affection I had in the past for my wife. In clearer terms, I fear I don’t find my wife attractive anymore.

As I mentioned earlier, things aren’t as smooth as one would expect. We all know, especially those who live here in the States, that working as an International student is hard. You can hardly find companies that want to hire foreigners, especially in the IT field I’m in. I sometimes wonder how I would pay for rent, utilities, daycare, and even food at the beginning of each month. Rent alone takes away all my meager salary. My wife first of all started out by purchasing and sending baby clothes and other stuff home to Nigeria, but with the “receive today, pay tomorrow” attitude of people at home, coupled with the whole decline of the naira, the business has literally been ruined with so many bills to pay. Luckily she also started school on a tuition-only scholarship, so we have to take the kids to the day-care almost everyday, which is an additional strain to the meager pay I receive.

I don’t want to assume it is my feelings for her reducing, but these days I almost always catch myself staring at her in forlorn. I don’t see the beautiful girl I married during the first few years of my marriage. I want to assume it is the stress of all this, coupled with my school work, but these days any little thing she does annoys me. She doesn’t help matters either and sometimes we shout at each other or argue over the most trivial of things. For the past couple of months we’ve not slept in the same room. She prefers to sleep with our daughter while I sleep with the boys in the other room. Anytime I want us to be together, she’ll complain that the kids are too young to sleep alone. I accepted that argument when we first had the boys but they are almost three now. I sometimes have to carry them to their room so that she will “agree” to stay with me, and that is sometimes with great reluctance.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my wife. I just fear I don’t find her attractive anymore. The other night she told me our sex life has really dwindled and I out rightly told her it was her fault. She said she knows and she’ll try being better but till date I’ve not seen any improvement. She’ll complain of being tired or a headache anytime I want to initiate anything, only to plead with me the following morning. There was a day she just lay there like a log of wood, indirectly telling me to do what I want to do and be done with it. I got so angry that I didn’t know when I started yelling on her. She didn’t even respond and turned to face the wall. I left her alone in bed and slept on the couch that night.

I want to believe it’s the stress of work, school, and the many thoughts going through our minds that is causing all this, but I don’t want to wake up one day and realize I don’t love my wife anymore. I don't want a situation where all this will split our family apart and suffer the little ones. cry

@OP:

Congrats on your blessings... family, job (i know not enough) and schooling.

The major problem I see is stress from financial troubles which is affecting your se.x life and general relations with your wife. Your wife is also stressed and the beautiful damsel you married is buried under stress.

How do you currently run your finances?

Could you adopt a solely joint account and try to school from home so that daycare fees is out and you are not incurring additional costs? This also helps you both have a budget and a financial liberating plan (e.g. in 6mths /1 year) you can follow. You can also look for cheaper alternatives to getting things done

Can wifey also explore things she can do from home to make money so she is caring for the kids, schooling and earning at the same time? (so that you cut down costs). Are there also things from your village you can import to your end?

@ Rekindling your love affairs: could you try keeping the kids with someone for the weekend while you both do candle light dinner at home? Or simply dimming the lights while you watch a movie with her cuddled up with fruit juice etc. The idea is to provide cheap entertainment while you bond. Also tackle the financials as a team and not 'I am in this position because of you'.

Also have a foolproof family planning so that when your se.x life improves, wifey is not stressed over pregnancy.

This too will pass.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by BloodOnMyHands: 10:13am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:

Dear Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I plead. Not here.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by doveda: 10:16am On Oct 20, 2016
Mimzyy, I may be willing to let go if you apologised to Lanicky. smiley

someone asked me to let go. And I am primarily because I will be busy as a bee. But you have to apologise to that babe. You are no miss goody two shoes. For N50, 000, you sold your integrity and acted like a hypocrite. You better apologize masmiley
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by BloodOnMyHands: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2016
Mimzyy:

Dear Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I plead. Not here.
Doveda, daretodiffer, akike, dare2differ,Morundutu, Audrey, et al, is my wife, albeit a stubborn one.

I seek to bend her. Cock ready to bend that hairy pussy.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by BloodOnMyHands: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2016
doveda:

After you shave your forested pubic region and send me the evidence.

Mind-Beclouded loner .

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by BloodOnMyHands: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2016
doveda:

You were kicked out of Lanicky's campaign after you displayed signs of residual schizophrenia and hyper-emotive disorder.

You later started attacking Lanicky everywhere in pretence of a debate.

Go cure your sadness and frustration. Keep it up and I will bear on you-- eternally.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by BloodOnMyHands: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Doveda, you just earned my followership!

Welcome to the shadowing!

Every second of my waking free moment, I shall shadow you.

You act all bully to girls having fun online and I will appear to remind you of the ghosts you'll rather they remain in their grave.

Your testosterone level is overwhelmingly un-female-like.

Let the sweet oestrogen ladies play and go remedy your gender identity imbalance.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Mimzyy(f): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2016
doveda:
Mim.zyy, I may be willing to let go if you apologised to Lanicky. smiley

someone asked me to let go. And I am primarily because I will be busy as a bee. But you have to apologise to that babe. You are no miss goody two shoes. For N50, 000, you sold your integrity and acted like a hypocrite. You better apologize masmiley

For as long as i can recollect, you have been an attention-seeking psycho. A contest that ended months ago is still giving you nightmares? I weep for you. Pray, tell, how did i sell my integrity? Even when the final result was obviously manipulated, i accepted it. You blow hot and cold at the same time, are you suffering from personality disorder? It is not my fault that your life is boring and pathetic. You go about offline saying crap even when you know nothing about me.

So much for your "Busy as a bee" life. If you have got nothing better to do with your time, i suggest you go and work on your self-esteem and stop allowing your inferiority complex to get the better of you. I'll keep praying for you.

PS; Rave and rant all you want, i'll not grace you with a response again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by doveda: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2016
Come on, I am not the one who got knocked up to have esteem issues. *rollseyes* grin

Contest might have ended months ago but what you did to her would always stay with her.

Yes right, I shouldn't have brought this up again. I have been asked to let you go. I hope you have learnt your lessons. You are forgiven.

Mimzyy:

For as long as i can recollect, you have been an attention-seeking psycho. A contest that ended months ago is still giving you nightmares? I weep for you. Pray, tell, how did i sell my integrity? Even when the final result was obviously manipulated, i accepted it. You blow hot and cold at the same time, are you suffering from personality disorder? It is not my fault that your life is boring and pathetic. You go about offline saying crap even when you know nothing about me.

So much for your "Busy as a bee" life. If you have got nothing better to do with your time, i suggest you go and work on your self-esteem and stop allowing your inferiority complex to get the better of you. I'll keep praying for you.

PS; Rave and rant all you want, i'll not grace you with a response again.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by bimbohush: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
Bro, I can categorically tell u that it's the stress that's eaten u both up. I understand how u feel. I nearly chased my wife out of out house due to frustration. I just had a news of 25% pay cut salary at work, only for me to get home to her demanding for baby diapers. You see, my wife doesn't work and all the bills and on me. Sometimes all those stress make sure one get angry. After counselling, I realised I love my wife so much, but all those hurtful word I told her was as a result of stress. I advice u talk to someone older, you will feel better
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Lumpyy(f): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
Im so sorry sir,u both let the gap become wide,u shouldve fought hard immediatly d affection bgan to drop.u both need to seat and have a serious talk.every couple has d tendency of this situation but fight it thebminute it starts,pls talk to your wife,shes alays tired with the kids and family issues while you alws on your toes with the bills......if you fight hard sir,u will get your groove back!
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by June24th: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
ItsQuinn:
All what you said is still an option you know smiley
Stop justifying ur advice na.. Jst accept u made a mistake and apologise or will u like it if ur husband cheats on u or seeks a divorce for a marital problem faced by virtually all married folks??
U owe herbie27 an apology lipsrsealed
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2016
I don't care if my husband cheat on me or seek for divorce undecided.....and I owe no one an apology, why should I apologize for making an opinion? I didn't insult anybody
June24th:

Stop justifying ur advice na.. Jst accept u made a mistake and apologise or will u like it if ur husband cheats on u or seeks a divorce for a marital problem faced by virtually all married folks??
U owe herbie27 an apology lipsrsealed
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by June24th: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I don't care if my husband cheat on me or seek for divorce undecided.....and I owe no one an apology, why should I apologize for making an opinion? I didn't insult anybody
Okay, no p girl.. Your opinion sha undecided undecided
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by kunleajaye: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
Thank you all for your comments and and contributions. I really appreciate them all.

Since the time I put up this topic, things have somehow turned a bit "brighter" for me. I was able to get a second job that i now use to supplement my first job. That now means more hours at work and coupled with school work, the stress even increased. I'm glad though that financially, we may improve a bit.

That being said, I think I seriously need help in regards to my wife. I didn't mention it during my first post, but one thing she does that really grinds my gears is she accuses me of things I don't do, especially when it comes to other people, particularly ladies. My wife has this kind of jealous attitude that if she hears that I even talked to another woman who she doesn't know, she gets suspicious. I don't have any female friends because of her. The only ladies i interact with are those in my class and my friends' wives. Knowing my wife, I even try to limit myself from talking to those ones too whenever we go visiting or they come around.

Recently I've had to do some group studying as we all know interaction with other minds on the same courses helps alot. My group consists of two other guys, a girl, and I. We usually meet up every weekend for studying and since it is a course I've taken before, I do most of the teaching. My wife knows the girl in question and one day, she told me she doesn't like the way the girl interacts with other guys (according to her, she says the girl does a lot of "gum-body" and is a bit flirty) and she doesn't want me to interact with her. I was like "here we go again". I've had a very similar situation like this in the past and it's because of these that i decided to stay away from speaking to other ladies entirely. I told her i can't just kick her out of our group because she has a false suspicion that the girl would do the same to me. Besides i can't be that stupid to do anything with the girl and risk losing my family for a fling. That one ended there and i thought it would be the end of it but believe me i was wrong.

Anytime I go for the group study, she'll automatically work herself up, saying I'm being too nice to everyone and she knows her husband can do anything, especially with the girl. I've told her several times to stop accusing me of things like that. I've even told her once that if someone wants to destroy our marriage, all they had to do was tell her I'm messing around with another woman and she'll believe without even consulting me first.

Things go to a head last night. I got home around 10:30pm after the whole day of reading. As I entered, the girl in question (I had left them all in skool) called me. Knowing my wife, I didn't want to decline the call and fuel her suspicions again so i picked it. She asked me if i could pick her up on my way to school this morning and I told her I can't. I had this conversation right in front of my wife just to show her i wasn't hiding anything from her but still, she blew it. Started accusing me as if she caught me in bed with the girl, saying her spirit was strong, that she knew i had something to do with the girl, and of all people to call why was it me. I just got fed up and went to check up on our little girl who has been down for a while.

I expected to be angry but all i felt was sadness. I mentioned it to her b4 that things like this, accusing a man for something he didn't do, would sometimes push the man to do such things (sometimes, not all the time). i told her last week that the head of the organization at my new job asked me to teach his daughter some UI design as i was the only one who did that in the company. The first thing my wife would say is "I hope she knows you're married"? I was like what the heck?

What now made me want to come out was the dream i had. I felt so disturbed (and as usual, she slept in the other room with the kids), that i hardly got any sleep last night. In the dream i had, I took the kids to their nanny's (as is my usual custom every Monday) and returned home. My wife was waiting for me in bed and we made love. Afterwards, I pulled a stiletto knife from under the pillow and slit her throat. I then wrote a letter in her blood explaining my actions before I plunged the knife deep into my own heart. The sharp pain i felt was what made me jerk awake at three in the morning. That was when i realized i need to talk to someone before this whole thing consumes me and i do something I'll later regret.

I left home very early this morning before anyone woke up. She hasn't called me and I too didn't call. This whole thing is really giving me serious concern and at 33 years, I'm beginning to grow some serious grey hairs on my beards. I've seen a couple on my head as well.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Winneygirl(f): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
@kunleajaye,
Both of you should go for marriage counseling.
Go and talk about your marriage together.
Don't let the devil settle evil thoughts and dreams into your life. Life is sacred. Once you start dreaming of taking a life...You need help.
NL can't save you.
Only you and your wife can save yourselves.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by missjo(f): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2016
kunleajaye:
Thank you all for your comments and and contributions. I really appreciate them all.

Since the time I put up this topic, things have somehow turned a bit "brighter" for me. I was able to get a second job that i now use to supplement my first job. That now means more hours at work and coupled with school work, the stress even increased. I'm glad though that financially, we may improve a bit.

That being said, I think I seriously need help in regards to my wife. I didn't mention it during my first post, but one thing she does that really grinds my gears is she accuses me of things I don't do, especially when it comes to other people, particularly ladies. My wife has this kind of jealous attitude that if she hears that I even talked to another woman who she doesn't know, she gets suspicious. I don't have any female friends because of her. The only ladies i interact with are those in my class and my friends' wives. Knowing my wife, I even try to limit myself from talking to those ones too whenever we go visiting or they come around.

Recently I've had to do some group studying as we all know interaction with other minds on the same courses helps alot. My group consists of two other guys, a girl, and I. We usually meet up every weekend for studying and since it is a course I've taken before, I do most of the teaching. My wife knows the girl in question and one day, she told me she doesn't like the way the girl interacts with other guys (according to her, she says the girl does a lot of "gum-body" and is a bit flirty) and she doesn't want me to interact with her. I was like "here we go again". I've had a very similar situation like this in the past and it's because of these that i decided to stay away from speaking to other ladies entirely. I told her i can't just kick her out of our group because she has a false suspicion that the girl would do the same to me. Besides i can't be that stupid to do anything with the girl and risk losing my family for a fling. That one ended there and i thought it would be the end of it but believe me i was wrong.

Anytime I go for the group study, she'll automatically work herself up, saying I'm being too nice to everyone and she knows her husband can do anything, especially with the girl. I've told her several times to stop accusing me of things like that. I've even told her once that if someone wants to destroy our marriage, all they had to do was tell her I'm messing around with another woman and she'll believe without even consulting me first.

Things go to a head last night. I got home around 10:30pm after the whole day of reading. As I entered, the girl in question (I had left them all in skool) called me. Knowing my wife, I didn't want to decline the call and fuel her suspicions again so i picked it. She asked me if i could pick her up on my way to school this morning and I told her I can't. I had this conversation right in front of my wife just to show her i wasn't hiding anything from her but still, she blew it. Started accusing me as if she caught me in bed with the girl, saying her spirit was strong, that she knew i had something to do with the girl, and of all people to call why was it me. I just got fed up and went to check up on our little girl who has been down for a while.

I expected to be angry but all i felt was sadness. I mentioned it to her b4 that things like this, accusing a man for something he didn't do, would sometimes push the man to do such things (sometimes, not all the time). i told her last week that the head of the organization at my new job asked me to teach his daughter some UI design as i was the only one who did that in the company. The first thing my wife would say is "I hope she knows you're married"? I was like what the heck?

What now made me want to come out was the dream i had. I felt so disturbed (and as usual, she slept in the other room with the kids), that i hardly got any sleep last night. In the dream i had, I took the kids to their nanny's (as is my usual custom every Monday) and returned home. My wife was waiting for me in bed and we made love. Afterwards, I pulled a stiletto knife from under the pillow and slit her throat. I then wrote a letter in her blood explaining my actions before I plunged the knife deep into my own heart. The sharp pain i felt was what made me jerk awake at three in the morning. That was when i realized i need to talk to someone before this whole thing consumes me and i do something I'll later regret.

I left home very early this morning before anyone woke up. She hasn't called me and I too didn't call. This whole thing is really giving me serious concern and at 33 years, I'm beginning to grow some serious grey hairs on my beards. I've seen a couple on my head as well.

This sounds to me like a littany of unnecessary failures. Bro the first issue here is that by coming on nairaland you probably would not get 100% tenable solution to your problem.The problem with so many marriages today is insensitivity. I will always say that marriage requires two willing, intelligent and like my pal thought me teachable( emphatic) people. Firstly, willingness: This is required because you cannot profer solutions to a stalemate if one or both parties are reluctant. I keep reading comments like if this person does this, ignore or forgive and move on. No, you have to converge at a meeting arena with your wife to discuss your( 2 of you) frustrations. This is where the intelligence comes into play. You exchange ideas on how you feel and ratiocinate it, albeit in a way that revolves around finding a common ground for compromise. A husband who feels bad, insecure or treatened about the wifes probable provocative dressing might not be able to convince an unintelligent wife to stop puting on leggings, miniskirts, working in the counsel of the ungodly women and wild patying. Then the third is being teachable. If she is teachable,(i.e willingness to listen and accept propositions) then good. I'll tell you a lil secret in my next post.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
kunleajaye:

Ok part two. One thing you might (and i mean it) never be able to decipher is the impact of this on your kids, but believe me those beauties are probably submerged in depression. You might question why i mentioned this. ok let me go back, a never in marriage is displaying and publicizing your altercations with your wife in the presence of your children. thats a no no. A suggestion is this, call your wife whenever you have a problem, go to your room and possibly lock the door( just find a private place in your apartment) in a smothered tone first exchange pleasantries like lovers( romantic? well its a suggestion or a model that might work or might not work) then talk over the issues with a bedroom voice (not in 5billion decibels) and discuss how it( the situation) affects you both and please, though you are the man of the house, don't impose a position on her. Treat that woman like you will treat your female boss( if you have or have ever had any), it is not weakness but see it as chivalry( no be only for dating ad courtship that one de necessary, na who you suppose do ladies man for pass if not wifey). Try this out and be the man by initiating this model first. Romanticise it a lil more and see that lady tripping. Take your woman out and make this suggestion on how to find solutions to your issues when they come up to her.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
One cliche'd statement people make which i find or see as offensive to common sense is that problems must(rather than can) arise in a marriage. I feel peoples' disposition towards this is more like it being a necessity rather than just a possibility(sometimes over-emphasis on a publicly accepted opinion might affect ones core values and opinions) and that is wrong. You even hear crazy and bizzare things like; this relationship is boring because there hasnt been any quarrel. People quickly forget that many of these skirmishes leave dents( subliminally) that erode strong affections and love they share with others. What i'm simply saying is that, it is hard to live with cantenkerous people. Thta is why i love pacifists and surely i am one. Rather than calmly discuss ones problem with others and share ones frustrations in a calm way, some just flare up and pour their bile on those they shouldn't pour it on. Marriage requires maturity and many do not work onthis aspect of their lives before dabbling into it. To live with a human being with divergent opinions and backgriund is very hard and one has to be very mature to do that. To the single, marry because you find it necessary and not because of societal acceptance and preponderance. Take your time ad prepare for it. this na my 1/2 cent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? / Malnourished Child & mother Inside IDP Camp Borno (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.