Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,247 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State (4039 Views)

Herdsmen Killings, Strong Warning To Ohanaeze, S’east Govs –IPOB / Wike Issues One Month Quit Notice To F-SARS PH Throu Obio/akpor LGA / Buhari's Govt Won't Succeed Until Amaechi Apologises To Pastors - Bishop Adeoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by clara472: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2016

Few months after the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, sent a religious bill to the State House of Assembly to control and in effect, ban church worship and evangelism in the state, the Rivers State Government has warned pastors against generating unnecessary noise in public places.

Governor of the state, Nyesom Wike gave this warning through his Special Adviser on Pollution Control, Mr. Nwuke Anucha.While speaking in Port Harcourt, the state capital, during a pollution control and religious matters meeting with members of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Port Harcourt branch, the SA said the noise churches produce in Port Harcourt was becoming alarming.

He expressed concern that the noise produced by sound systems used by churches was causing unrest in the state, stressing that no responsible government would not take steps to reduce the menace.

Anucha said, “My lords, you will agree with me that the emission of gaseous substance, the sound level of our electric power generation sets and indeed the noise generated by the use of loudspeakers in some of our worship centers in no doubt cause serious disorder to human co-existence.

“It is on this premise of good neighbourliness that necessitated this meeting. The public outcry about the noise and air pollution generated by some of our churches is so alarming that no responsible and responsive government will shy away from taking necessary actions.

“Churches need to cut down the use of loudspeakers with a sound level not above the recommended decibel outside and inside.

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/gov-wike-issues-strong-warning-to-pastors-in-rivers-state/

3 Likes

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by sarrki(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Observing
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by yeyeboi(m): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by zico530(m): 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good measure. Some churches only make noise without sound preaching.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by makelove2m(m): 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
We are watching ................................................................................
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Unblockable: 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Way to go sir!

Extend the warnings to the Mosques (if any in Rivers), juju worshipers and other peeps who constitute public nuisances in the State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Progressive01(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
“It is on this premise of good neighbourliness that necessitated this meeting.

The public outcry about the noise and air pollution generated by some of our churches is so alarming that no responsible and responsive government will shy away from taking necessary actions".
Wike is trying to Islamize South South-- iPod Amoebas. cheesy

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
From airport road Port Harcourt to Town, its all churches and loud speakers in a highly disorganized city under Wike.

They are quick to copy Elele, general overseers are former members of such church. They recreate their own and acquire site: uncompleted building, shanties and even shops.

Next is banner - calling for revivals and deliverance from recession and poverty. Their loudspeaker compete with any other musical device for superiority.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by BossKratos: 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
See priority?

undecided
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Koval12(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
SAY NO TO SUICIDE.

Good day my people,please any Nigerian caught trying to commit suicide should be saved and kept under close surveillance. We are in this economic crisis together don't ever think you're going any where...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by kingsman66(m): 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
touch not my anointed and do him no harm --- wike

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by pappyG: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good move!!! You cannot coman b disturbing odas with your noise all in the name of worship.
I expect you to follow up your words with action

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Progressive01(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mynd44, abeg talk to ya friend to move this to fp. The world should be made to see the islamization moves Wike is making just as El Rufai.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by payosehtor(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
wike must be a catholic church member. his target is Pentecostal churches . let them extend the scope to the mosque too for a balance . apart from the Pentecostal tongue speaking, most of th of their noise could be understood cuz it's either English or any of the local dlt.
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by otokx(m): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
He has my support 100% but he should do a lot of awareness campaign and also engage the churches and mosques before dropping the sledgehammer.
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by babdap: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
I totally support the regulation of the noise all religious House's nationwide. Man hearts is full of wickedness despite our spiritual inclination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Goke7: 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
If its a Muslim, apc or northern governor doing this, this thread would have been flooded with islamization agenda of PMB but alas its wike so its all well and good.

We are hypocrites in nigeria , simple.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Goke7: 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
Progressive01:
Mynd44, abeg talk to ya friend to move this to fp. The world should be made to see the islamization moves Wike is making just as El Rufai.

Thanks.

Seconded cos we need to hear from the wailers about the planned islamization agenda of wike grin

7 Likes

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by naijanaso: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Thank God the govt has finally heard the cry of PH residents. We no dey sleep again because of so many mushroom churches all over the place. They make a lot of noise. Morning, afternoon, evening and night.
Worst of all I think is the Igbogo end of Elekahia. In fact they should not only call them for a meeting but they should start pasting the warning stickers by their gates. I don't care what people will say about my write up because I know such people do not have a first hand experience of what I am saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by rusher14: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
So it is OK for Wike to do it but not El Rufai.

Hypocrisy.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Fedayeen02: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
Progressive01:
If only brain is an app i can bet you will still be using it

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Cordis92(f): 3:13am On Oct 19, 2016
On this one I support Wike. I have lived in Port Harcourt. My first observation was the competition between churches and schools trying to outnumber each other. Honestly, Port Harcourt is very dirty and noisy because of the number of churches and every church wants to be heard, though Wike started doing something about the dirt before I left.
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by greenmonk: 3:19am On Oct 19, 2016
Progressive01:

There is no where he asked them for permit to operate, only to control the level of noise they emit.
I have about 4 churches near my house and they take turns to ensure I don't sleep round the clock.
The churches are only asked to bring down the level of noise they emit to the environment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 19, 2016
angry
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Aremu01(m): 5:40am On Oct 19, 2016
What is happening to the church?
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by newbornmacho(m): 6:37am On Oct 19, 2016
Goke7:
If its a Muslim, apc or northern governor doing this, this thread would have been flooded with islamization agenda of PMB but alas its wike so its all well and good.

We are hypocrites in nigeria , simple.
No we're not all hypocrites. I did a thread on churches and noise pollution here on nairaland, and I am a Christian. What is wrong is wrong.
https://www.nairaland.com/3361841/churches-noise-pollution
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Pavore9: 6:37am On Oct 19, 2016
payosehtor:
wike must be a catholic church member. his target is Pentecostal churches . let them extend the scope to the mosque too for a balance . apart from the Pentecostal tongue speaking, most of th of their noise could be understood cuz it's either English or any of the local dlt.

Pentecostal churches indeed!.......Ambode is probably also Catholic! Why being a nuisance to others all in the name of "worshipping God"? Others have a right to a peaceful atmosphere, imagine after the hassles of the day's struggle one comes home to the noises emitting from those sound systems...nothing justifies it! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by newbornmacho(m): 6:40am On Oct 19, 2016
rusher14:
So it is OK for Wike to do it but not El Rufai.

Hypocrisy.
El rufai wanted to license preachers using his own criteria which would exclude many. Wrong.
Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:44am On Oct 19, 2016
greenmonk:

There is no where he asked them for permit to operate, only to control the level of noise they emit.
I have about 4 churches near my house and they take turns to ensure I don't sleep round the clock.
The churches are only asked to bring down the level of noise they emit to the environment.
The man you're trying to educate is an Adamu and derives joy in showing off his stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by BALLOSKI: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2016
Government has warned pastors against generating unnecessary noise in public places.

well, you can't separate Christianity from this.

Catholic people are not noisy though.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by BALLOSKI: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2016
newbornmacho:

El rufai wanted to license preachers using his own criteria which would exclude many. Wrong.
hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State by BALLOSKI: 6:50am On Oct 19, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
The man you're trying to educate is an Adamu and derives joy in showing off his stupidity.
shut the fvck up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Kind Of Look Saraki Gave Vice President Osibanjo In A Recent Event(video / The Result Of My Polling Unit In Bauchi / BREAKING: PDP Leaks Genuine Presidential Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.