Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] (16842 Views)

CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms / CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note / CBN Plans To Introduce N5000, N2000 Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by MUZBO(m): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

NOt all methods to combat GLOBAL WARMING are expensive. Subscribing to the EXPENSIVE options is mostly based on choice.

Moving to have people consider riding bicycles to stores and for small errands will go a long way in helping, and is relatively cheaper than adopting ridiculously expensive measures that do not necessarily reduce emissions in anyway. Even encouraging yard sales of items no longer used to those who need them, and recycling will go a long way to helping combat . . .
Pls list your cheap methods and lets see. You probably have been living in Cleveland for too long. Here in Lagos, just last month, I saw a guy on roller skates on the streets and while I was thinking oh cool, I saw people were laughing at him. Is it here in Lagos where even females can't ride motorcycles without receiving curious stares that you want them to ride bikes? What happened to that Minister that wanted to sway opinions on bikes? - they laughed at him. Face it, people didn't change when they heard riding bikes can increase their life expectancy now how do you expect them to change for global warming( something that seems more abstract to many). Pleeeease.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by ezeagu(m): 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2009
babapupa:

Hush!! Nothing to get over and I stand by every word.

Lagosians are satisfied with Fashola so save your multi nation state expectation BS.

Well continue to spend time crying over letters of the Latin alphabet.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2009
MUZBO:

Pls list your cheap methods and lets see.

I did list a couple in the exact post you happen to be responding to.

MUZBO:
You probably have been living in Cleveland for too long.

So since, you think I am in cleveland means I know little of global emissions or ways to combat the problem? tongue

MUZBO:

Here in Lagos, just last month, I saw a guy on roller skates on the streets and while I was thinking oh cool, I saw people were laughing at him.
So, because ignorant folks chose to laugh at him is reason why OPTING for expensive and NON EMISSION reducing methods is the right way to go? lipsrsealed

MUZBO:

Is it here in Lagos where even females can't ride motorcycles without receiving curious stares that you want them to ride bikes? What happened to that Minister that wanted to sway opinions on bikes? - they laughed at him.

I still do not get what your point is. You expect US to believe you really CARE about Global EMISSION problem and want to support measures that will actually REDUCE it but you are here making excuses for why people should not be encouraged to even try?

MUZBO:
Face it, people didn't change when they heard riding bikes can increase their life expectancy now how do you expect them to change for global warming( something that seems more abstract to many). Pleeeease.

Actually, that depends on where you live. Millions in America have changed. I am one of them. Most major cities now have bike paths and major roads come with bike lanes.

Now, your argument sort of sounds like this -- "People will not ride bikes so the alternatives is to buy them ELECTRIC CARS at about $40,000 a pop, and then invest an additional $10,000 into charging each car, NOT TO help REDUCE EMISSIONS".
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by babapupa: 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2009
ezeagu:

Well continue to spend time crying over letters of the Latin alphabet.

After you of course.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by MUZBO(m): 12:06am On Oct 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I did list a couple. .
oh ok. They all seemed to talk about bikes and not going to work. Got better ones?

So since, you think I am in cleveland means I know little of global emissions. .
Your opinion but yes, you won't know how combating clime change here would be as opposed to Bone thug country.
So, because ignorant folks chose to laugh at him is reason why OPTING for expensive and NON EMISSION reducing methods is the right way to go?
your opinion again. But yes again since ignorant folks are making it harder for such methods to be accepted.
. . but you are here making excuses for why people should not be encouraged to even try?
Try what? Something stressful to achieve something abstract? Listen to that.
Millions in America have changed. I am one of them. Most major cities now have bike paths and major roads come with bike lanes.
Good for you. We don't even have car paths here in Lagos. Stick to Cleveland dude.

Now, your argument sort of sounds like this -- "People will not ride bikes so the alternatives is to buy them ELECTRIC CARS at about $40,000 a pop, and then invest an additional $10,000 into charging each car, NOT TO help REDUCE EMISSIONS".
Yeah, its called paying for not taking action.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Oct 24, 2009
MUZBO:

oh ok. They all seemed to talk about bikes and not going to work. Got better ones?

Actually, most methods to combat CLIMATE CHANGE are just that simple. They are mostly INEXPENSIVE as well. One does not have to Spend thousands to implement most of them.

MUZBO:

Your opinion but yes, you won't know how combating clime change here would be as opposed to Bone thug country.

It is the same CLIMATE we are all trying to deal with. Whether you are in the desert or in the south pole, the same methods cut across and will help. It is not about opinions but of what is obtained. CLIMATE Change is NOT about location.

MUZBO:

your opinion again. But yes again since ignorant folks are making it harder for such methods to be accepted.

But why blame the ignorant people when you have yet to try selling them the idea and showing them how COOL it can be to try? Do you realize how many years and millions went into convincing folks here that these measures work and need to be adopted?

MUZBO:

Try what? Something stressful to achieve something abstract? Listen to that.
Good for you. We don't even have car paths here in Lagos. Stick to Cleveland dude.Yeah, its called paying for not taking action.

I hate to break it to you but you are now coming from a point of ignorance here. CLIMATE Change has NOTHING To do with LAGOS OR CLEVELAND. GLOBAL refers to the WHOLE WORLD. If you want to tackle climate change in Cleveland, you have cheap methods available to you. Most of the same CHEAP methods available to you should you be in Lagos.

Bicycles are NOT abstracts. Recycling and paying more attention to how you throw away waste is not abstract. Using energy saving bulbs is not abstract. These are CHEAP ways of helping combat the problem. Walking instead of taking a taxi when going short distance is NOT abstract. We used to do most of these things back only a couple of decades ago.

Purchasing ELECTRIC CARS IN THE NAME OF CURBING EMISSION where there is no power is not paying for not taking action. ELECTRIC CARS DO NOT help reduce EMISSIONS as much as so many other cheap measures out there can. Please spend time researching this to understand that NOT ALL QUALIFIES AS GREEN.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 12:39am On Oct 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I hate to break it to you but you are now coming from a point of ignorance here. CLIMATE Change has NOTHING To do with LAGOS OR CLEVELAND. GLOBAL refers to the WHOLE WORLD. If you want to tackle climate change in Cleveland, you have cheap methods available to you. Most of the same CHEAP methods available to you should you be in Lagos.

Bicycles are NOT abstracts. Recycling and paying more attention to how you throw away waste is not abstract. Using energy saving bulbs is not abstract. These are CHEAP ways of helping combat the problem. Walking instead of taking a taxi when going short distance is NOT abstract. We used to do most of these things back only a couple of decades ago.

Purchasing ELECTRIC CARS IN THE NAME OF CURBING EMISSION where there is no power is not paying for not taking action. ELECTRIC CARS DO NOT help reduce EMISSIONS as much as so many other cheap measures out there can. Please spend time researching this to understand that NOT ALL QUALIFIES AS GREEN.

These pple must think we dont want the development of Lagos, all cos we think that investing in electrical cars are dumb moves, and it hurts to see people that realy live and eat poverty to be talking nonsense, there are millions of other things that out to take precedence over investing billions on electrical cars.
The roads are still terrible, traffic is still the order of the day, there is no electricity and they now think that the electrical cars will solve the problems of lagos, i would expect some of these people to have questioned how come they are not spending money to make sure there are light everywhere, i would expect them to know that constant electricity will not only be good for the people, but will be great for the biz as well.
But them, what do i expect from some bunch of people that as long as you dont agree with them, you are "enemy of the state"
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

But them, what do i expect from some bunch of people that as long as you dont agree with them, you are "enemy of the state"

That is usually these threads go. They also try the tribal angle with claims that those who question the plan are ONLY those from other tribes or non-indigenes.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 1:06am On Oct 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

That is usually these threads go. They also try the tribal angle with claims that those who question the plan are ONLY those from other tribes or non-indigenes.

Sad. . . .i was born and bread in Lagos, does that make me a lagosian and i hope they wont say i hate lagos, so if that made me a lagosian, i will say Fashola goofed on this one
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 24, 2009
^^ when you have to wonder if you're a Lagosian, then you're not one.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 1:10am On Oct 24, 2009
Ok. . . . but on this one, Fashola still goofed.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by babapupa: 1:14am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Ok. . . . but on this one, Fashola still goofed.

Nothing but a matter of opinion.

Of what use is your warped opinion anyways? Huff and puff as you want on NL, Lagos is getting electric cars.

lmao,
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 1:15am On Oct 24, 2009
babapupa:

Nothing but a matter of opinion.

Of what use is your warped opinion anyways? Huff and puff as you want on NL, Lagos is getting electric cars.

lmao,

I am so glad u are back.
A man that follow something all cos it is Fashola
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by proproman(m): 1:17am On Oct 24, 2009
@kobojunkie, not meaning any insult but, what exactly have you ratified on Nairaland? It may be that i've not followed all your posts but you don't seem to ratify anything government does. Again I don't mean any insult and, of course, you are entitled to your opinion but then I don't want to believe you are a pessimist. About the bicycle scheme, former minister of transportation, Ojo Madueke attempted to promote the use of bicycles. The result? He was labeled the bicycle minister by the press and people and Nigerians are still not massively riding bicycles till today. The fact is this; most Nigerians don't know what they want. All they know is the mantra of "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " and anything that does not sound like these is rubbish to them. I don't want to believe you are in that category. Fashola has done well for Lagos state and that can't be denied. But because some people did not hear him say "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " he's suddenly a non performer. Some one called him psychotic! Imagine that coming from someone living in Lagos and has seen the level of change and development that the man has brought to the state. Even if he proposed to fix the railway system, some people, because they did not hear "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " will try to shoot it down. I admit that the idea could be expensive and a little premature but you have to give him credit for at least thinking ahead. There are states in this same country where something like the BRT system would be a novelty to the state governor. I support Fashola because he's performed credibly well so far. As for Americans accepting the use of bicycles, well you know the priorities and thinking module of an average American is different from that of an average Nigerian. Tell a Nigerian banker to go to work on a bicycle in his suit because his work place is not far from his home? You've automatically become an enemy of progress. Most Nigerians look at cars as proof of success and accomplishment and bicycles as vehicles of the poor or just for exercise. You have to first change the mentality of the average Nigerian before that idea can work (and by the way, since it's not "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " they'll probably reject it anyways). When I state my opinion I consider both sides of the argument and I think everyone else should too.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by babapupa: 1:35am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am so glad u are back.
A man that follow something all cos it is Fashola

Spin it whichever way you like, that's your own headache.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 1:36am On Oct 24, 2009
proproman:

@kobojunkie, not meaning any insult but, what exactly have you ratified on Nairaland? It may be that i've not followed all your posts but you don't seem to ratify anything government does. Again I don't mean any insult and, of course, you are entitled to your opinion but then I don't want to believe you are a pessimist. About the bicycle scheme, former minister of transportation, Ojo Madueke attempted to promote the use of bicycles. The result? He was labeled the bicycle minister by the press and people and Nigerians are still not massively riding bicycles till today. The fact is this; most Nigerians don't know what they want. All they know is the mantra of "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " and anything that does not sound like these is rubbish to them. I don't want to believe you are in that category. Fashola has done well for Lagos state and that can't be denied. But because some people did not hear him say "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " he's suddenly a non performer. Some one called him psychotic! Imagine that coming from someone living in Lagos and has seen the level of change and development that the man has brought to the state. Even if he proposed to fix the railway system, some people, because they did not hear "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " will try to shoot it down. I admit that the idea could be expensive and a little premature but you have to give him credit for at least thinking ahead. There are states in this same country where something like the BRT system would be a novelty to the state governor. I support Fashola because he's performed credibly well so far. As for Americans accepting the use of bicycles, well you know the priorities and thinking module of an average American is different from that of an average Nigerian. Tell a Nigerian banker to go to work on a bicycle in his suit because his work place is not far from his home? You've automatically become an enemy of progress. Most Nigerians look at cars as proof of success and accomplishment and bicycles as vehicles of the poor or just for exercise. You have to first change the mentality of the average Nigerian before that idea can work (and by the way, since it's not "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " they'll probably reject it anyways). When I state my opinion I consider both sides of the argument and I think everyone else should too.

Nice post, but i have some questions for you.
At what cost are all these things coming to Lagos?
What are their plans for maintenance?
What is the technical know how about all these stuff?

Now tell me, would it be wrong for them to first tackle the non-existence of constant power in that state? and afterwards now bring in all the electrical cars, cos now we can use the power to charge the battery of the cars.
There are so many biz that are suffering all cos they have to run generators 24 by 7 days a week.
there are so many companies that has refused to open up in Nigeria cos of the misplaced judgement of Nigerian govt and some of the states.
Naira is exchanged at 155 Niara to 1$, Nigeria is one of the best educated Nations in the world, we have great everything and yet we are not cashing in on the fact that our money is low and labour is low.
But one governor now wanna spend money that cld have been used for better things on some electrical cars? common, i respect Fashola than that.

I have always been a supporter of Fashola, cos i think that guy has his head screwed on well to his shoulder, but on this particular issue, he goofed.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Oct 24, 2009
It seems the many excuses so far for why Bicycle's, rail, and other methods which have been proven to actually working on curbing EMISSIONS, will not work in Nigeria is "people will laugh". Should people stop just because people are laughing at them? We used to call environmentalists TREE HUGGERS and LOOSERS, but now they are IMPORTANT and some of the respected folks in society. There ideas are now central in making decisions on what to do next. Most every company out there now has a GREEN plan in place.

So forgive me if I do not accept a lame excuse like "If I push for cheap renewable energy ideas to be adopted, people will call me names. Instead, I will go for EXPENSIVE and NON RENEWABLE measures that don't really do anything but make people like me" .
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by ezeagu(m): 1:45am On Oct 24, 2009
proproman:

The fact is this; most Nigerians don't know what they want. All they know is the mantra of "good roads, pipe borne water, hospitals, electricity, schools, " and anything that does not sound like these is rubbish to them.

Uh, anything is rubbish if it doesn't sound like that, how can you have e. l. e. c. t. r. i. c. cars with bad roads and no e. l. e. c. t. r. i. c. i. t. y?
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by babapupa: 1:49am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Nice post, but i have some questions for you.
At what cost are all these things coming to Lagos?
What are their plans for maintenance?
What is the technical know how about all these stuff?

Now tell me, would it be wrong for them to first tackle the non-existence of constant power in that state? and afterwards now bring in all the electrical cars, cos now we can use the power to charge the battery of the cars.
There are so many biz that are suffering all cos they have to run generators 24 by 7 days a week.
there are so many companies that has refused to open up in Nigeria cos of the misplaced judgement of Nigerian govt and some of the states.
Naira is exchanged at 155 Niara to 1$, Nigeria is one of the best educated Nations in the world, we have great everything and yet we are not cashing in on the fact that our money is low and labour is low.
But one governor now wanna spend money that cld have been used for better things on some electrical cars? common, i respect Fashola than that.

I have always been a supporter of Fashola, cos i think that guy has his head screwed on well to his shoulder, but on this particular issue, he goofed.

You keep asking the same silly questions.

Fashola can not generate and distribute electricity in Lagos state so stop the madness.

And how did he goofed? just because you have an opinion = Fashola goofed? You really need to come up for some air.

Do you know who's paying for it?

Do you know how much they're paying for it?

Do you know where they're getting the cars from?

Do you know what plans they've made  so far per the project?

Of course you don't know, all you have is blind pessimism and criticism.  Listen to yourself for a change, your argument is bogus.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 1:55am On Oct 24, 2009
babapupa:

You keep asking the same silly questions.

Fashola can not generate and distribute electricity in Lagos state so stop the madness.

And how did he goofed? just because you have an opinion = Fashola goofed? You really need to come up for some air.

Do you know who's paying for it?

Do you know how much they're paying for it?

Do you know where they're getting the cars from?

Do you know what plans they've made  so far per the project?

Of course you don't know, all you have is blind pessimism and criticism.  Listen to yourself for a change, your argument is bogus.

It is so sad to argue with people with no vision nor mission.
Oga Sir, regardless of that answers to all those dumb question from your dumb brain, it is a dumb idea for a electrical cars without electricity, regardless of who will be paying and how much they paying for one, let them use that money for better stuff.
The roads are bad, Lagos can invest into wind generated power and have turbines all over the place, we have all it takes to make this happen, so let them use the money for that instead of some dumb mickey mouse toy cars that wont last at all in a place like Lagos.
For once, think with your head and not with your tail.
I think arguing with you is useless, cos block heads dont reason.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by babapupa: 1:56am On Oct 24, 2009
proproman:

Great post.

Unfortunately, these guys don't give a damn about lagos state. Their crock tears opinion is absolutely irrelevant.

They ran their mouth and cried about the BRT system so they have no credibility or any kind of moral authority to even voice their misguided opinions.

If Fashola showed up tomorrow with plans to build power plants in lagos, these guys are gonna be here crying and shouting just like they're doing now.

Thank God their  negative rants is limited to NL.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 1:58am On Oct 24, 2009
babapupa:

Great post.

Unfortunately, these guys don't give a damn about lagos state. Their crock tears opinion is absolutely irrelevant.

They ran their mouth and cried about the BRT system so they have no credibility or any kind of moral authority to even voice their misguided opinions.

If Fashola showed up tomorrow with plans to build power plants in lagos, these guys are gonna be here crying and shouting just like they're doing now.

Thank God their  negative rants is limited to NL.

check my post so far on NL and see how i have been supportive of Fashola's idea, however, i dont follow like a dog with no mind, when you right i praise, when you wrong, i say it the way it is, you dont have to like it, and thank God you cant practice your e-thug here.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by babapupa: 2:14am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

It is so sad to argue with people with no vision nor mission.
Oga Sir, regardless of that answers to all those dumb question from your dumb brain, it is a dumb idea for a electrical cars without electricity, regardless of who will be paying and how much they paying for one, let them use that money for better stuff.
The roads are bad, Lagos can invest into wind generated power and have turbines all over the place, we have all it takes to make this happen, so let them use the money for that instead of some dumb mickey mouse toy cars that wont last at all in a place like Lagos.
For once, think with your head and not with your tail.
I think arguing with you is useless, cos block heads dont reason.

Ok, let's break this down once and for all.

It is really stupid and dumb to say cars should not be on our roads and the society should not function because the roads are bad.

It is stupid and dumb to assume or make claim that all/100% of our roads are bad.

It is stupid and dumb to assume that the electric cars can not run off solar powered charging stations.

It is stupid and dumb to advice the state government to initiate any kind of power project when it's against fed laws.

It is stupid and dumb to generate power without distribution lines.

It is also stupid and dumb to assume that the state can erect transmission lines.

Finally, it is a dumb idea to criticize what you know nothing about hence you refusing to answer my questions.

See how stupid and dumb you are?
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by babapupa: 2:27am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

check my post so far on NL and see how i have been supportive of Fashola's idea, however, i dont follow like a dog with no mind, when you right i praise, when you wrong, i say it the way it is, you dont have to like it, and thank God you cant practice your e-thug here.

This is not about a dog with no mind. You are the dog with no mind, a reasonable and rational human being waits and scrutinize details before passing judgment.  I just don't see the wisdom in condemning what we know little or nothing about.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Lagos can invest into wind generated power and have turbines all over the place, we have all it takes to make this happen, so let them use the money for that instead of some dumb mickey mouse toy cars that wont last at all in a place like Lagos.

I half expected that the State would be working on WindTurbines for each LGA by now. But then I remembered that the law sort of requires all power produced be sent to the National Grid at the end of the day. So SOLAR power, and Wind Power generated at the end of the day will likely end up in the National grid.

But yes, wind sounds like an excellent idea in Lagos considering the state is right next to the sea, enjoys a lot of wind.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 2:46am On Oct 24, 2009
babapupa:

Ok, let's break this down once and for all.

It is really stupid and dumb to say cars should not be on our roads and the society should not function because the roads are bad.

It is stupid and dumb to assume or make claim that all/100% of our roads are bad.

It is stupid and dumb to assume that the electric cars can not run off solar powered charging stations.

It is stupid and dumb to advice the state government to initiate any kind of power project when it's against fed laws.

It is stupid and dumb to generate power without distribution lines.

It is also stupid and dumb to assume that the state can erect transmission lines.

Finally, it is a dumb idea to criticize what you know nothing about hence you refusing to answer my questions.

See how stupid and dumb you are?

hahahaha
i have never insulted anyone on NL, but i have broke the record today by telling you that you are dumb and a nuisance.
You need to go and do more research and not just open your mouth at the pass of the wind.
On that note, i am done with you {yawning} now my bed time, and i will be back in the morning. . .dumb man, go and get some pure water to wash your chicken brain, maybe you will be able to think better.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 2:48am On Oct 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I half expected that the State would be working on WindTurbines for each LGA by now. But then I remembered that the law sort of requires all power produced be sent to the National Grid at the end of the day. So SOLAR power, and Wind Power generated at the end of the day will likely end up in the National grid.

But yes, wind sounds like an excellent idea in Lagos considering the state is right next to the sea, enjoys a lot of wind.

This is why i was disappointed at the statement of the FG sometimes ago, that they know those sabotaging the power projects.
But i am sure with time, Nigeria will get what it needs to be a great nation.
We ave all it takes t turn that nation around, we just need to invest in the right stuff and places.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by AloyEmeka6: 2:51am On Oct 24, 2009
Na Real waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah be this.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Fhemmmy: 2:53am On Oct 24, 2009
^^^^^ I just hate when people use funny languages to respond to post, so wanna give him a little dose of his medication.

So i am so sorry for my language.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by dblock(m): 3:03am On Oct 24, 2009
Nigerians are so hateful and backward

Fashola is trying to fix up the state and conserve energy, they are busy yelling
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 24, 2009
Story story, in Lag. impossible. Mr Fashola shud wake up n smell d coffin
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 24, 2009
Q dblock, that is not the case. Our government dnt stay true 2 their word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Online Businesses With Low Start Up Capital That Can Make You Rich / Is There Any Online Biz That Can Pay Directly Into My Bank Account? / How To Know If Your Bank Is Financially Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.