Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) (24560 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Then Vs Now Photos / Governor Obiano Transforms Nkpor Flyover Under Bridge. See Before And Now Photos / Nigerian Flag Designer, Taiwo Akinkunmi: Then And Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by reportnaija(m): 1:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Nigerians living in the US under the banner of the Movement of the People of Nigeria on Monday held a protest against the non-prosecution of IMN Leader, Mr Ibraheem El-Zakyzaky at the United Nations Building and Nigeria House in New York City.

Addressing the protest, Cosmas Collins, the US Cordinator of the group said the Nigerian government is making a mistake by not prosecuting members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) for their acts of violence against the state and against citizens of Nigeria.

He said it is important the world is able to reassure the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that they have the world's support for nipping the growing terror of IMN in the bud.

According to him, a clear message must be sent to the government that the firmness with which it deals with the IMN threat is a matter global interest as any fallout from delay in dealing with the threat posed by the group will affect the whole world.

The result of several investigations that followed the clash between the IMN members and army last December all want the prosecution of the IMN leader, Mr Ibraheem El-Zakyzaky and all those that supported him in that insurrection.

He said, "We are therefore here to demand that the federal government and the Kaduna state government must do what the reports of NHCR and the Commission of Inquiry have recommended. Even without the prompting of the two reports the government should have done the needful by prosecuting everyone that precipitated that mayhem.

"Failure to prosecute these people, including El-Zakyzaky is making other groups think of coming out because it is now believed that it is fashionable to take on the state without consequences.

"The government must not also omit to consider bringing charges of subversion against members of the group for inviting Iranian intervention in Nigeria's internal affairs.

SOURCE
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/10/photos-nigerians-in-us-protest-want-el.html

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:11am On Oct 19, 2016
Shiites the only sect sponsoring terrorism? grin

1) Was it Shiites who started killing Christians when Silverbird wanted to organise Miss World pageant in Nigeria?

2)Was it Shiites who started killing Christians in the North during the Danish Cartoon Saga?

3) In 1991 German evangelist Reinhard Bonnke attempted a crusade in Kano, causing a
religious riot leading to the deaths of about a dozen people.. Was this act committed by Shiites too?

4) Modu Sheriff, Ndume, Mohammed Yusuf, Alhaji Buji foi creators of Bokoharam are they Shiites too

Sunni Wahhabism/Salafism....

The Sufi's are moderates than you Sunni Wahhabist/Salafist cool

Park Well Jare cool

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by TheFreeOne: 1:15am On Oct 19, 2016
Really....doesn't that sound absurd

What prosecution can be more than what Zakzaky/Shiites are 'undergoing' in naija?

*The extrajudicial massacres (GENOCIDE) of IMN members by soldiers
*Shooting, imprisoning and blinding zakzaky in one eye whilst at the same they murdered his children
*Demolishing houses, mosques, his mothers tomb, members houses, schools
*Attacks / killings by security operatives, Sunni backed thugs/members as reported in the media

What has Buboo / Hellrufai done about this than tacit support that has ignited the flame of hatred and anti shiite religious cleansing that may soon snowball into a major uprising if not stopped asap.

Can someone ask Collins Is he mad or what That includes those who support genocide against these Nigerians.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by MONITZ: 1:24am On Oct 19, 2016
Are they serious?,If anything of such a nature would happen at all then it should be the other way, that is Nigerians in the U. S want the Nigerian government prosecuted over the killing of shites...................

The shites re relatively more peaceful than their sunni counterparts, they are also not so much associated with terrorism apart from Hezbollah that see Israel as a mortal enemy that needs to destroyed.On the other hand the Sunnis or Wahhabists ve Al Qaeda, Al Shabab,ISIS, Boko Haram. which are more linked to terrorism than another sect of Islam.

Nigeria need to tread very carefully as well so that it doesn't snowball into sth ugly especially wen taken into cognisance that Iran is their grand patron and is presently not pleased with the decimation of the shites.Wen we take a look at the situation in Yemen, we can see that the fight going on there is actually a proxy war between the shites and sunnis with the usual principal actors being Saudi Arabia giving backing to the Sunnis and Iran the Shites.

We also need to remember that some years ago,this same Iran exported some high calibre grade ammunitions into our country, bt how many of those weapons had entered before we intercepted the ones we did? What makes us feel they can't re-enact especially as we know that a lot of countries want us to break apart.

N. B: I am no Moslem bt someone who is objective enuf to see things impartially.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by daclint(m): 1:46am On Oct 19, 2016
But I'm not understanding grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 19, 2016
Oo
Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by veekid(m): 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Buhari yaff seen you; no worry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by ezera(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
AIR RULE FILE IN TROUBLE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
The world would be less Cumbersome if we just exterminated Islam with Force or however befitting.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Goddygee(m): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
embarassedi dont care what they do to him... Nigerians abeg help me ask Buhari wetin we do am...? angry prices of everything now na double or triple of before... Am make nobody quote me o before Ogun go enter him matter...:-

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by notoriousbabe: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
Buhari over to you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by casttlebarbz(m): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
Y not shekau ?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by kiowy(m): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
funny

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by XaintJoel20: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Shiites are more moderate than the Sunnis. Leave them alone my Collins..

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by knightsTempler: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
undecided

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Untainted007: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
If they say Islam is a religion of peace? I'm sure peace may mean another thing to them entirely because PEACE means freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility. Are Boko Harams not Muslims? No one can fight for God cos He alone can fight His fight. I pray they receive sense.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by kennyjam: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
I thought I would see great crowd protesting.. just two people saying prosecute elza..... ky. who hired them(these two individuals)?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by rileyy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
grin

SamuelAnyawu:
Shiites the only sect sponsoring terrorism? grin

1) Was it Shiites who started killing Christians when Silverbird wanted to organise Miss World pageant in Nigeria?

2)Was it Shiites who started killing Christians in the North during the Danish Cartoon Saga?

3) In 1991 German evangelist Reinhard Bonnke attempted a crusade in Kano, causing a
religious riot leading to the deaths of about a dozen people.. Was this act committed by Shiites too?

4) Modu Sheriff, Ndume, Mohammed Yusuf, Alhaji Buji foi creators of Bokoharam are they Shiites too

Sunni Wahhabism/Salafism....

The Sufi's are moderates than you Sunni Wahhabist/Salafist cool

Park Well Jare cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by jiinxed: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Afonjas

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by NOC1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
ezera:
AIR RULE FILE IN TROUBLE.

Did you read the post my brother?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by bettercreature(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
veekid:
Buhari yaff seen you; no worry
Those guys are paid i am sure most of them dont even know what is happening in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
who is this 'cosmas Collins'?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Doug07034780891(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
Bubu is so heartless, how could he torture this old man to this level?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by kennyjam: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
I thought I would see great crowd protesting.. just two people saying prosecute elza..... ky. who hired them(these two individuals)?

make them Come hire me too go London make I go protest... I go find my way go hustle..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by Shymm3xx: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4373924_img20161018203619_jpegd93db49ea4e18acf710a39e3818951cb

Lmao. What's the big uncle Cos Canino doing there? Brixton massive...this uncle left the UK for Brooklyn and turned into a politician lol.

Lambeth College old head from 99 to early noughties. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) by bayelsaowei(m): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sunni Muslims on the loose...

Have they asked the FG about the 300 shiiiite members murdered by the Nigeria army...??

Wouldn't it be better if they just keep quiet and go about their daily activities there in the usa

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Operative Deployed To Rivers State Border Accused Of Extortion (Video) / DSS Releases Obadiah Mailafia / Abba Kyari: IPOB/ESN Are Celebrating His Exit With Crime - Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.