Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:05 PM

Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited (9249 Views)

Buhari Meets Tinubu, Saraki, Dogara Others In Aso Rock / Budget Padding: Indicted Ministry Officials Posted To Cash Office - The Punch / Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by ijustdey: 6:19am On Oct 19, 2016
Fidelis Soriwei, Abuja

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is intensifying a discreet investigation into the allegations made by the former Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Mr. Abdulmumin Jibrin, against the Speaker, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, and other principal officials of the House.

A top operative of the commission told The PUNCH on Tuesday that the operatives involved in the investigation into the allegations made by Jibrin was at an advanced stage.

The source said the commission had grilled officials of 16 federal ministries in connection with the probe into the allegations contained in the petition written to the commission by Jibrin, who was suspended by the House in September.

It was further stated that operatives of the commission had gathered some evidence on some of the issues raised in the petition.

It was gathered that the commission would soon send invitation letters to some of the members listed in the petition to the commission.

Abdulmumin had accused the Speaker, Dogara, and other principal officers of the House of padding the 2016 budget to the tune of N40bn as constituency project.

He had alleged in the petition that the N40bn projects were shared among the Speaker, his Deputy, Yussuff Lasun; the Whip of the House, Alhassan Ado-Doguwa; and the Minority Leader, Leo Ogor.

He also alleged that Dogara ignored his complaint that the chairmen of 10 out of the 96 standing committees inserted 2,000 projects worth about N284bn into the budget among others.

He had claimed also that his refusal to accept a requested insertion of N30bn into the 2016 budget caused the rift between him and the leadership of the house.

The source, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said, “The commission is seriously working on the petition against the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, and some principal officers of the House.

“The investigation is progressing smoothly. As a matter of fact, operatives have interrogated officers of 16 ministries in reaction to the matter.

“We will soon get to the level where those who have cases to answer would be invited to make clarifications where necessary.”
The Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption had said the panel had a meeting with Jibrin which lasted for five hours.

The Executive Secretary of PACAC, Prof, Bolaji Owasanoye, had said during a briefing in Abuja that the committee would give the necessary advice to the government on the issue.

He said, “We have met with Jibrin, which all of you know about; we are following up. I cannot tell you that publicly.

“We have met with Jibrin; it is not a lie, it was a very useful engagement for five hours, so, that tells you that it was not a tea party.

“We asked questions, he provided answers, he needed to explain what he meant and then of course we are then making our advisory to government as the case may be.”Efforts of our correspondent to confirm the grilling of the officials of the ministries on the budget padding probe from the spokesman for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, on Tuesday, did not succeed as his mobile failed to connect.

http://punchng.com/budget-padding-ministry-officials-grilled-dogara-others-invited/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by dsmooth1(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2016
Hmmm, padding everywhere, babes will padd bombom n d other B, bank will pad charges, wives will padd feeding alawee,, but workers salary not padded,, oluwa na ur hand we dey for naija

8 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by oluwafemi113(m): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Good news

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by EMMYB0Y(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2016
don't worry nigerian ... be patient for our lovely president..he knows best... jonathan acquired only one Ph.d...our president got six....its not easy to have six Ph.d's

* Patiently hoping for a Degree
* Professorship? hah! Dream on!
* Philosophically Disturbed
* Pathetically hopeless Dummy
* Pretty heavily Depressed
* Patiently headed Downhill...

I no mention anybody's name oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2016
J
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by superdanny10: 8:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Good
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by Abbeyme: 8:51am On Oct 19, 2016
We want convictions. Make this war real.

In every war, there would be the vanquished and many spoils of war.

We see some spoil of war but no one is led to the hangman's Groove.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by sakalisis(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Na wash jare, another drama for next week ..

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2016
Lets see how it goes.

This would be a litmus test for Buhari's anti-corruption drive!
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by prinsam30: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2016
good to hear
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by goldenceo1: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2016
Nothing will come out of dis melo drama.. APC can never persecute one of their own
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2016
How many times dem want take INVITE Dogara sef? shocked

Abi DSS no sabi road to Dogara house again to go ARREST him by 1am?

Who is deceiving who here!!!

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by deebrain(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2016
I need to be padded.
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by goldenceo1: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2016
TroubleMaker47:
Lets see how it goes.

This would be a litmus test for Buhari's anti-corruption drive!

don't waste ur data on dis news next week. nothing I mean nothing tangible will come out of it
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by keypad1: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Buhari cannot fight kwaruption because he is kwaruption himself.
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by johnstar(m): 8:56am On Oct 19, 2016
K
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by yahmohy27: 8:57am On Oct 19, 2016
This investigation has to be very fast

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by 989900D: 8:57am On Oct 19, 2016
Now you're talking.
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by TheOonlyOne: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2016
We all know how all of this is gonna end... swept under the carpet...
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by RentALodge: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2016
Good call. If nobody is convicted over the federal budget padding I will stop taking President Buhari serious. A whole lot of civil servants have been disciplined for committing same offense in Budget and Economic Ministry, so I heard.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by Hardeysolution(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2016
Please leave me. I am not interested. It's going to pain me. I don't want to do it. It will Mar my future. My parents must not hear. In fact, I can't do it. God is against it. Please let me be. Please pleeeeeeeeeeeease. Please don't let us do it now. Of possible, don't Let us do it again. Please. I am begging you. I am not interested. Please let me go. Release me. Please let me not be involved. I will feel inferior If I do it. My conscience will attack me. Please let me not do it....

Please let me not get involved. I don't want to be in the accused box yet deliver judgements. I don't want to be arrested yet have the chance to talk. Please let me not do it. Please sir. Please ma, help me beg sir. Please sir, I don't want to get involved in this corruption.

Corruption? No! Not in my country.......!
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by bsideboii(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2016
hope we get to hear something positive sha.....these guys have deceived us for so Long.
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by SweetJoystick(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2016
Nice
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by nichen: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2016
yes
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by kings09(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2016
DSS shld hv bn on their way to Dogara abi dem no knw his address ni.

DISCREET investigation ke. OK oo

Let's see whr dis drama ends.

Economic hardship n recession still de oo. Hunger is still very much in d land, buhari shld not 4get dat
Re: Budget Padding: Ministry Officials Grilled, Dogara, Others To Be Invited by nizetee: 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hahaha grin ;DHahahahihi!

(1) (Reply)

Senator Nwaoboshi, Remanded For N322m, Gets Bail / President Buhari Inaugurates Committee For Impact And Reading / Umahi Dissolves His Cabinet, Relocates Major Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.