Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? (8313 Views)

What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 5:23am On Nov 09, 2016
femzysticks:

I had this same believe before my pastor and some other materials made me believe everyone has a predestined soul mate

This is an assignment for me I guess

Cus when a man is filled with the spirit of God and the word of God then he is led to say right...

Other business:
Can I get your contact details??
We could talk further

Are you on WhatsApp?
You can PM me, I will respond to your mail.

No, God stopped choosing wives for men since after Adam. LOL

Go to my profile and send a mail..
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 6:07am On Nov 09, 2016
femzysticks:
I can even give you a logical proof on the contrary. A man finds a wife for himself not God!!
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by enniewest(f): 10:47am On Nov 09, 2016
As a Christian is there something wrong with having a boyfriend or girlfriend?
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
enniewest:
As a Christian is there something wrong with having a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Now, I am going to give you practical christian advice because the word boyfriend doesn't exist in the Bible.

There is nothing wrong in a Christian Girl having friends who are Boys and vise versa. You can have as many friends who are boys but no special one called "my boyfriend".

Note the use of the word "friends of the opposite sex".

However, even though it is not a sin to have a boyfriend, it is counter productive.

The question to ask are:
Why do yo need a boyfriend?
What do you gain by having a boyfriend?
What do you loose if you don't have a boyfriend?
What will you be doing with your time with your boyfriend?

If you truthfully pick your pen and itemize the points under each question, you will discover that they are very weak frivolous reasons.

So, why shouldn't you date early?
1. Except you want to learn how to breakup relationships:
Statistically, the probability of a relationship succeeding to marriage increases only when the girl is about 22 years old. The younger the age of a girl, the more more the number of boyfriends she is going to have before marriage.
Men are not ready for marriage until they are at least 25 years old. You risk breakup with any man below 25years old.
2. Except you want to wake up Erotic feelings before you are ready:
It is impossible for erotic feelings not to develop when a boy and a girl are in a relationship. The erotic feelings usually lead to sex because of the long time of wait before a marriage relationship. The sex hormones are the strongest in the teenage and 20s years of age. This is the age when many girls carelessly loose their virginity (usually to a fool and irresponsible chap).
3. Except you want to waste Precious time:
When you do a cumulative survey of the time of your life spent tied to someone you are not going to marry, you will just ask yourself "for what?"
4. Except you want to depreciate your academic capability:
It actually dissipates your energy. The time of study is shared with your boyfriend and your potential is lowered.

When should you go into a relationship?
When you know you are ready to get married within the next four years.

Another Practical rule is, if you are in the University at 300L, Or Polytechnic you would be about doing your HND or when you have completed learning a trade.

Also, it is important to also date a man who is ready for marriage in the next four years.

I can entertain more questions if I have not been explicit in answering the questions. Better still, if you are on WhatsApp, you can PM me. Go to shadeyinka 's profile and mail me.

Shalom.

There are no positive experience a person gains from having early relationships. (At least no experience that make a persons marriage better).

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Anas09: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
Muafrika2:
One of my many pastors told me that unmarried women living in their own house is one and the same thing with prostitution. I did not agree with him. I thought it was just him being the very traditional person he was. But people (and by people I mean men especially married men) actually believe that in my own observation. They believe its a house they can casually visit for their own adulterous purposes (though I must add, I live in a rural place where I've noted this belief is true.)

But I advice such men to be careful. You may be bringing curses upon your own selves and families because you never know what know what kind of spirit is in a person.

My dear men take risk when they indulge in this sexual immortalities. I reaently got to unserstand that, there are STDs SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DEMONS. Demons which enters people through sex. So many men get these demons from random women and pass them to their wives at home.

A man confessed passing on the spirit of Lebianism to his wife. A good girl he married as a virgin. A demon he did even know he contacted from another lady started surgesting he brought another lady into their bed. He pestered the wife until she agreed. They started inviting another woman who was bisexual into their bed. This woman started their perverrion on him and on his wife.
She didnt know how, but she couldnt be with her husband without another felame anymore.
She started desiring women instead. Anytime she is witj her husband, her husband must be shouting the name of a female before she can get into the mood. EVIL.

I stumbled on a website which talks about these things. I never ever knew prior to this time that DEMONS RAPE PEOPLE, until i read somany women narrating almost similar experiences.

People play with sex. There's a reason why Satan is so fixated with sex. He wants sex free as possible, because through sex he gets to possess his host and hold firm to him or her

Let anyone who is called a Chriatian flee from sexual immorality/ Masturbation. These are Chanels Satan uses to enter people.

A demon that enters an individual through sex resists leaving vehemently.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 9:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
Anas09:

My dear men take risk when they indulge in this sexual immortalities. I reaently got to unserstand that, there are STDs SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DEMONS. Demons which enters people through sex. So many men get these demons from random women and pass them to their wives at home.

People play with sex. There's a reason why Satan is so fixated with sex. He wants sex free as possible, because through sex he gets to possess his host and hold firm to him or her

Let anyone who is called a Chriatian flee from sexual immorality/ Masturbation. These are Chanels Satan uses to enter people.

A demon that enters an individual through sex resists leaving vehemently.

Most don't know that sex is a covenant that is difficult to revoke. How can you withdraw or return back to the "giver" the products of sex. It is a sealed deal. Signed and bonded.

It explains why God will not allow the children of Israel to marry from some particular tribes.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Anas09: 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

Most don't know that sex is a covenant that is difficult to revoke. How can you withdraw or return back to the "giver" the products of sex. It is a sealed deal. Signed and bonded.

It explains why God will not allow the children of Israel to marry from some particular tribes.
I have concerned why Satan is so crazed about Sex. Am getting it now. Soul ties.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 10, 2016
Anas09
I believe all demons are STDs.

Like shadeyinka, and your story says, it may result to a spiritual yoke.

I've heard of rapist demons too. A story of one of my distant relatives who was married into a strange family. She and her husband were getting sodomized unless there was a guest in their house so she used to get a cousin of mine to sleep over. I can imagine the terror of living like that. They were /are Muslim. I tend to believe there is some truth to that story.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 6:33am On Nov 10, 2016
Anas09:

I have concerned why Satan is so crazed about Sex. Am getting it now. Soul ties.
Yes soul ties and spiritual infection with spiritual bacteria, virus, plasmodiums and yeasts.LOL

Spiritual disease in various forms spiritual HIV, siphilis, ghonorheas etc transmittable to next generation.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 6:38am On Nov 10, 2016
Muafrika2:
Anas09
I believe all demons are STDs.

Like shadeyinka, and your story says, it may result to a spiritual yoke.

I've heard of rapist demons too. A story of one of my distant relatives who was married into a strange family. She and her husband were getting sodomized unless there was a guest in their house so she used to get a cousin of mine to sleep over. I can imagine the terror of living like that. They were /are Muslim. I tend to believe there is some truth to that story.

Anything can happen. But just as in real life, some guys will havevsex with an infected partner and they themselves will remain free.

I have heard of an HIV infected man whose wife was discovered free from the virus. Amazing!

However, that doesn't give any guarantee. The fact that some people are doing it and going seemingly scot free does not play down on the risk of spiritual or physical STDs.

Fela Kuti did not die from lung cancer nor run mad from smoking Indian hemp!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Anas09: 8:17am On Nov 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

Yes soul ties and spiritual infection with spiritual bacteria, virus, plasmodiums and yeasts.LOL

Spiritual disease in various forms spiritual HIV, siphilis, ghonorheas etc transmittable to next generation.
God help your people.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Anas09: 8:28am On Nov 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

Anything can happen. But just as in real life, some guys will havevsex with an infected partner and they themselves will remain free.

I have heard of an HIV infected man whose wife was discovered free from the virus. Amazing!

However, that doesn't give any guarantee. The fact that some people are doing it and going seemingly scot free does not play down on the risk of spiritual or physical STDs.

Huh? What then killed him?
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by yetseyi(f): 11:44am On Nov 10, 2016
It seems its only the brothers that are commenting on the thread, where are the Ladies cheesy

I have followed this thread and I must say its a nice one. I have some comments or questions (depending on how we define it)

Now the church says you MUST have a church wedding and that you are not properly married if a pastor or priest doesn't bless the both if you AT the altar (I don't have anything against that) Now the church also says that once your bride price is paid I.e the traditional marriage you are already married in the eyes of God and hence can't marry another(which is the biblical stand )

Now I understand the technicalities involved in the statements above but like I always say since once your parents have collected what's deemed necessary and you have fulfilled the conditions given to you by them, it is acceptable in the sight of God but If you will still do the other ceremonies I.e court and church, consummation of the marriage should wait till all the rights have been fulfilled(which is also shadeyinka view).

Now there is a trend I am seeing , some churches are making it difficult for young people to wed in their church with the requirements being asked, Churches now seem to hold more authority on a relationship or marriage than even the parents and its scary to me,

I believe the role of a pastor is to counsel the couples
The role of a marriage committee is to counsel, teach, pray with make spiritual investigations advice etc etc.
Nowadays its becoming more terrible, these people hold so much authority on the relationships and whatever they say seems to be final. If they seem to think you cant be wed with the individual that's the end.

For someone who understands spiritual authority that person might be in a fix and can't even move on because there is a stamp on it and disobeying them at that point is like disobeying God.

I understand that marriage committees are necessary because a lot of brethren have been deceived by camoflage Christians and these people can easily detect if you are lying (not in all cases though) but should they hold the final say? What about the roles of parents?

This leads me to another thing I have noticed, there's a level of hypocrisy going on in our churches.The marriage committed will say for you to get married you must have a job as a male etc etc or they see your payslip as a salary earner or your statement of acc as a biz man(I understand these are to curb excesses as many have been lied to and deceived in the past).

Where I am going is these pastors or ministers under that same ministry will have no problem getting married to a lady from that ministry even though you have minimal source of income but someone from outside that is a hustler or even a stand alone minister (maybe that's what God called him to do) will face so much grilling or may not even be allowed to get married under the pretext of no solid income, whereas their own ministers too don't have too solid an income (they may get some stipends).

Now to the requirements for the wedding itself, some churches do require envelops for officiating ministers, My own branch ask for food in coolers for ministers, packs for the choir, usher, technical and even security and apart from the ministers most of the others will still eat at the reception . The marriage committee will take their own carton of chivita. Now I am not saying they shouldn't eat oo but for some couples those things are heavy on their budget.

The one that pissed me off most was when a group in the church said you will give them invitation with 2 crates of malt and the bride was grumbling because they were just managing.

Most of all these things are the reason why people shy away from church wedding . The church I attend can do a wedding for you in any format you want, if its just pastor parents and couple or the bigger way but you do it the normal way too much requirements in my opinion. Can't they give food for ministers in normal packs must it be coolers?

I know someone who just called a pastor to bless them at their traditional marriage because the requiremebts was just too much, in fact the church said they can't do a private wedding for them.

Now all these may sound petty and give the impression that didn't they plan to marry but we may forget that not everyone is rich. I did help two brides out during their wedding and its the same story from churches one didn't have issues but the 2nd one was a teacher with her hubby too and their budget seemed tight or they won't marry again because they are low income earners?

Churches should stop making the wedding a very difficult thing especially for the not too bouyant peeps.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
Anas09:

Huh? What then killed him?

HIV killed him!
But he was more known for smoking Indian Hemp and all forms of cigarette.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
Anas09:

God help your people.

Let Christ people free ALL appearances of Evil especially fornication.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
yetseyi:
It seems its only the brothers that are commenting on the thread, where are the Ladies cheesy

I have followed this thread and I must say its a nice one. I have some comments or questions (depending on how we define it)

Now the church says you MUST have a church wedding and that you are not properly married if a pastor or priest doesn't bless the both if you AT the altar (I don't have anything against that) Now the church also says that once your bride price is paid I.e the traditional marriage you are already married in the eyes of God and hence can't marry another(which is the biblical stand )

Now I understand the technicalities involved in the statements above but like I always say since once your parents have collected what's deemed necessary and you have fulfilled the conditions given to you by them, it is acceptable in the sight of God but If you will still do the other ceremonies I.e court and church, consummation of the marriage should wait till all the rights have been fulfilled(which is also shadeyinka view).

Now there is a trend I am seeing , some churches are making it difficult for young people to wed in their church with the requirements being asked, Churches now seem to hold more authority on a relationship or marriage than even the parents and its scary to me,

The role of a marriage committee is to counsel, teach, pray with make spiritual investigations advice etc etc.
Nowadays its becoming more terrible, these people hold so much authority on the relationships and whatever they say seems to be final. If they seem to think you cant be wed with the individual that's the end.

For someone who understands spiritual authority that person might be in a fix and can't even move on because there is a stamp on it and disobeying them at that point is like disobeying God.

I understand that marriage committees are necessary because a lot of brethren have been deceived by camoflage Christians and these people can easily detect if you are lying (not in all cases though) but should they hold the final say? What about the roles of parents?

This leads me to another thing I have noticed, there's a level of hypocrisy going on in our churches.The marriage committed will say for you to get married you must have a job as a male etc etc or they see your payslip as a salary earner or your statement of acc as a biz man(I understand these are to curb excesses as many have been lied to and deceived in the past).

Where I am going is these pastors or ministers under that same ministry will have no problem getting married to a lady from that ministry even though you have minimal source of income but someone from outside that is a hustler or even a stand alone minister (maybe that's what God called him to do) will face so much grilling or may not even be allowed to get married under the pretext of no solid income, whereas their own ministers too don't have too solid an income (they may get some stipends).

Now to the requirements for the wedding itself, some churches do require envelops for officiating ministers, My own branch ask for food in coolers for ministers, packs for the choir, usher, technical and even security and apart from the ministers most of the others will still eat at the reception . The marriage committee will take their own carton of chivita. Now I am not saying they shouldn't eat oo but for some couples those things are heavy on their budget.

The one that pissed me off most was when a group in the church said you will give them invitation with 2 crates of malt and the bride was grumbling because they were just managing.

Most of all these things are the reason why people shy away from church wedding . The church I attend can do a wedding for you in any format you want, if its just pastor parents and couple or the bigger way but you do it the normal way too much requirements in my opinion. Can't they give food for ministers in normal packs must it be coolers?

I know someone who just called a pastor to bless them at their traditional marriage because the requiremebts was just too much, in fact the church said they can't do a private wedding for them.

Now all these may sound petty and give the impression that didn't they plan to marry but we may forget that not everyone is rich. I did help two brides out during their wedding and its the same story from churches one didn't have issues but the 2nd one was a teacher with her hubby too and their budget seemed tight or they won't marry again because they are low income earners?

Churches should stop making the wedding a very difficult thing especially for the not too bouyant peeps.
This is extreme. Getting a wedding in my country is very cheap. You can get married without paying a coin.

The secret is wedding committees. Established by peers. My former classmates have established several for our colleagues. It's a way of pulling together resources to fund a wedding. Then the budget is tailored to accommodate available funds.

It doesn't make economic sense to spend so much (on strangers mostly - because everyone is invited) and go into debt for the sake of just one day.

I've also attended a mass wedding - about 20 couples. AFTER the ceremony and sharing snacks, we went to the home of the particular couple that had invited us for a private feast.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
yetseyi:

Actually a few ladies have commented. And thank God you are one of them.

yetseyi:

I hope I understand this especially the bolded. Is the church saying that they cannot wed a couple once they pay the bride price? I hope not.

If Bride price has been accepted, it is a proof that the Families of the Bride approve of the relationship. It shouldn't stop the church wedding as long as the engagement ceremony has not been consummated (with sex). If they have consumated the relationship, let them not come to the church for another wedding. Yes indeed, God respects traditional wedding if that is what a christian couple desire to do.

Now, the church may be trying to protect her integrity: you know when a couple have had 2 bom-boys and 3 bom-girls, they now say they want to do a church wedding. That is completely unacceptable.

yetseyi:

I am happy to hear this. This is one of the purpose of this post.

yetseyi:

I agree completely with you. The actual fact that in both Naming Ceremonies and Wedding Ceremonies, the parents in the sight of God have for authority over the naming or wedding of their children especially if they are also born again.

Church wedding came up to solve the problem of sanity and sanctity of weddings before the Lord. Before long, Priests and Pastors completely took over the function of the parents which I feel isn't good enough. I would have preferred to join my daughters together when they are old enough for marriage except that my wife would prepare the traditional church wedding.

On the church making things difficult, a prospective couple should look closely at their church byelaw and constitution. Most churches have a minimum requirement. Like my church, the minimum number of people that would constitute a legal wedding is 7. The wedding can be done on any day of the week. Of course that is after you have done all the counseling etc.

Unfortunately, even though this exist, 99% of members want to do an expensive owambe wedding.

yetseyi:

Marriage committees depending on their constitution and church doctrines can either mare or make a wedding. When they forget the basic foundation and focus on ceremonies all kinds of evil will go on. Like I said, there is usually a loophole in the church constitution that can bail a couple out.

yetseyi:

I guess it is experience causing all these problems. Marriage is not just about faith that God will provide. A friend of my younger brother came out testifying how God provided during his wedding without him having any kobo. Unfortunately, my brother explained to me that this their friend embarrassed them so much on the wedding day that to prevent a disgrace, they had to quickly source for funds to take care of things. Now, see this man boasting how his faith supplied his needs. It isn't compulsory staying in a church whose practice is extreme. Get out before it is time for marriage.

yetseyi:

I guess the important thing is to make sure that the couple has discussed well the practicality of living together as husband and wife. I just counselled a couple who are planing of getting married next year February. The lady is thinking of an apartment in Maitama, the man is thinking of maintaining his two room apartment in Zuba (a small town in FCT). It was after after our talk they both discovered that they haven't discussed the issue of how much they can afford for Accomodation.

yetseyi:

I think the problem is when marriage committees forget about the marriage to be and stand concentrating on Pastors welfare and church offerings

The Lord bless us.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Anas09: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

HIV killed him!
But he was more known for smoking Indian Hemp and all forms of cigarette.
Oh, didnt know that
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by hesupamo: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

Fela was allegedly killed by his brother

he died too sudden to be HIV cuz he looked as healthy as he has always been till his death

I'm however not denying that he had HIV

I'm just pretty sure that's not what killed him
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by yetseyi(f): 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

Actually a few ladies have commented. And thank God you are one of them.

I hope I understand this especially the bolded. Is the church saying that they cannot wed a couple once they pay the bride price? I hope not.

The Lord bless us.

Not at all, what they mean is if you are married traditionally you are already married even in the eyes of God irrespective of wether you did church wedding or not though they sort of make it mandatory to receive the pastoral blessings.

This stemmed up from the fact that some cultures do return bride price if the couple for any reason seem not to be interested. Issues like this are what brought up that statement I made . So once your bride price have been paid you are married in Gods eye, can't marry another in that context means you cant divorce or return bride price or whatever and say you want to marry another person.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by yetseyi(f): 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
Muafrika2:

This is extreme. Getting a wedding in my country is very cheap. You can get married without paying a coin.

The secret is wedding committees. Established by peers. My former classmates have established several for our colleagues. It's a way of pulling together resources to fund a wedding. Then the budget is tailored to accommodate available funds.

It doesn't make economic sense to spend so much (on strangers mostly - because everyone is invited) and go into debt for the sake of just one day.

I've also attended a mass wedding - about 20 couples. AFTER the ceremony and sharing snacks, we went to the home of the particular couple that had invited us for a private feast.

I don't think you are a Nigerian grin

I have seen something like that here anyway, they do mass weddings in the church , each couple bring what they can afford and I guess church also chips in.
Everybody is served same thing, not too fancy but it went round I guess and you can then take your guests to a private location if you want to. I doubt they still do that mass stuff anymore.

People are beginning to hold small ceremonies though, no reception weddings are now common here.

I believe in doing what you can afford , you really don't need to break the bank because you are getting married. Its not wise in my opinion, I also believe there are enough scriptures on management , A good Christian should not even go beyond his/her means I think.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
hesupamo:

Fela was allegedly killed by his brother

he died too sudden to be HIV cuz he looked as healthy as he has always been till his death

I'm however not denying that he had HIV

I'm just pretty sure that's not what killed him

That would be a conspiracy theory. Do you think Dr Beko Kuti will agree to that?

Fela was very lean at before he died. Severe skin disease. Euthanasia could be a possibility though!
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
yetseyi:

Not at all, what they mean is if you are married traditionally you are already married even in the eyes of God irrespective of wether you did church wedding or not though they sort of make it mandatory to receive the pastoral blessings.

I agree with that, if one is married traditionally, such is married in Gods Eyes.

yetseyi:

This stemmed up from the fact that some cultures do return bride price if the couple for any reason seem not to be interested. Issues like this are what brought up that statement I made . So once your bride price have been paid you are married in Gods eye, can't marry another in that context means you cant divorce or return bride price or whatever and say you want to marry another person.

I agree. Especially if the marriage has been consummated.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
yetseyi:

I have seen something like that here anyway, they do mass weddings in the church , each couple bring what they can afford and I guess church also chips in.
Everybody is served same thing, not too fancy but it went round I guess and you can then take your guests to a private location if you want to. I doubt they still do that mass stuff anymore.

People are beginning to hold small ceremonies though, no reception weddings are now common here.

I believe in doing what you can afford , you really don't need to break the bank because you are getting married. Its not wise in my opinion, I also believe there are enough scriptures on management , A good Christian should not even go beyond his/her means I think.

I love the bolded!
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by hesupamo: 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

That would be a conspiracy theory. Do you think Dr Beko Kuti will agree to that?

Fela was very lean at before he died. Severe skin disease. Euthanasia could be a possibility though!

Beko is actually dead

anyways I added the words "Allegedly" to show that its just accusations

but one thing I'm very sure of is that Fela didn't die of HIV

he might have been infected with the disease

it might have turned to AIDS BUT I'm very sure he didn't die of it

I'm open to your euthanasia theory though

there's even a way to connect this all together

1 fela had HIV

2 his health started failing

3 Beko (his Personal doctor) euthanised him

see?
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
yetseyi:

The only justifiable expense if it goes a little over the budget is the down payment for dowry. The rest is optional.

Have you seen weddings where the people were called out just before close of Sunday service and joined in marriage and the ceremony was done. I believe our Christian marriage laws are similar because we're both former British colonies. One of the requirements of a Christian marriage is that there should be a church service in the process. It should also be inside the usual place of worship (church) grin
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
hesupamo:

Beko is actually dead

anyways I added the words "Allegedly" to show that its just accusations

but one thing I'm very sure of is that Fela didn't die of HIV

he might have been infected with the disease

it might have turned to AIDS BUT I'm very sure he didn't die of it

I'm open to your euthanasia theory though

there's even a way to connect this all together

1 fela had HIV

2 his health started failing

3 Beko (his Personal doctor) euthanised him

see?

It makes sense!
Is Beko religious?

If he is an atheist, It make the possibility much stronger
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by Kingstel(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
Mehn...I just finished reading this interesting thread.

Please continue with some everyday FAQs to revive it.

May God bless you.

shadeyinka:

It makes sense!
Is Beko religious?

If he is an atheist, It make the possibility much stronger
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Kingstel:
Mehn...I just finished reading this interesting thread.

Please continue with some everyday FAQs to revive it.

May God bless you.

Your post brought be out after some time of self imposed ban on Nairaland after a ban by NL administrators for speaking the truth they consider is an offence to the cause of Atheism.

I will try to revive this thread as you suggested.

Thanks a million
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
As a christian, is it a sin to have a crush on someone?
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
To have a crush means to have an intense infatuation for someone. An infatuation is: a strong but not usually lasting feelings of love or attraction for a person.

You will note that the word feelings was highlighted for it means simply that: feelings.

Feelings of love is NOT the same as Love.

Is it a sin to have a strong feeling of attraction to the opposite sex?
The answer is NO! In fact if you never had a crush on someone in your life, we may begin to question your normal sexual development as a young male or female.

However, what is wrong is not recognizing that is is a feeling and as such we are not to be controlled by it. Rather as Christians, we must master our feelings.

Walking by the flesh as against the spirit is the same as walking by the dictates of our feelings (flesh). Those who are lead by the spirit of God are the sons of God.

You may need to ask yourself the questions:
1. Am I ready for marriage relationship?
2. Am I mature for a marriage relationship?
3. Do I know the core values I need in a marriage relationship?

If dating him/her will surely exceed 4 years before marriage, its just an infatuation and it holds no single value..
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
shadeyinka:
To have a crush means to have an intense infatuation for someone. An infatuation is: a strong but not usually lasting feelings of love or attraction for a person.

You will note that the word feelings was highlighted for it means simply that: feelings.

Feelings of love is NOT the same as Love.

Is it a sin to have a strong feeling of attraction to the opposite sex?
The answer is NO! In fact if you never had a crush on someone in your life, we may begin to question your normal sexual development as a young male or female.

However, what is wrong is not recognizing that is is a feeling and as such we are not to be controlled by it. Rather as Christians, we must master our feelings.

Walking by the flesh as against the spirit is the same as walking by the dictates of our feelings (flesh). Those who are lead by the spirit of God are the sons of God.

You may need to ask yourself the questions:
1. Am I ready for marriage relationship?
2. Am I mature for a marriage relationship?
3. Do I know the core values I need in a marriage relationship?

If dating him/her will surely exceed 4 years before marriage, its just an infatuation and it holds no single value..

And there is always this illusion that, "If I don't have him/her NOW, I will loose the best for my life".

Its the same trick 419 use: do it now, so that you don't loose the " impossible opportunity ". Beware of self afflicted emotional fraud!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Testimonies Of Gods Power And Existence. Aitheists Come And Read. / How Do We Seek The Kingdom Of God? Let's See - Joseph Prince / Christians god Have Sex With Mary To Get His Only Begotten Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.