Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? (8314 Views)

What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
shadeyinka:

And there is always this illusion that, "If I don't have him/her NOW, I will loose the best for my life".

Its the same trick 419 use: do it now, so that you don't loose the " impossible opportunity ". Beware of self afflicted emotional fraud!

Never let the Boy/Girl you are decide for the Man/Woman you are going to become
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
shadeyinka:

Never let the Boy/Girl you are decide for the Man/Woman you are going to become
Trust me, the guy/girl who looks so handsome/beautiful at 17 may look uninspiring at 24.

People truely change and drastically with age. Be Wise
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Dohgon:

Love is a measure or ones Desire towards someone or something thing. Love can be positive or negative, conscious or unconscious
bingbagbo:
What is love

Love is most times confused with the emotions of love.

Love is NOT an emotion.

LOVE is a firm CHOICE to unconditionally build and cherish the life of the other person.

The attributes of love is well described in 1Cor 12: 1-13

For you to comprehend this, let me give you an example.

Do you think your mum loves you?
If Yes!, do you think she is feeling some emotion about you right now?
If you won a Jackpot of N400 million Naira, how happy do you think your Mum will be?
Do you think your Mum could pray that you will be 200 time greater and more successful than she would ever be?

If you had HIV with AIDS: would your mum disown you?
If you were arrested for fraud/419 and went to prison for 10 years, do you think your Mum will move on with her life and forget you?

If you had a fire accident and your nose and eyes were burnt up so that you look like a monster, do you think your mum will replace you with another person?

Now, if you had your own child, would you do exactly as your mum would have done for you in the same position?

If you understand this, you will understand why love is not an emotion but a choice to unconditionally build the life of the other person.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
shadeyinka:

Love is most times confused with the emotions of love.

Love is NOT an emotion.

LOVE is a firm CHOICE to unconditionally build and cherish the life of the other person.

The attributes of love is well described in 1Cor 12: 1-13

For you to comprehend this, let me give you an example.

Do you think your mum loves you?
If Yes!, do you think she is feeling some emotion about you right now?
If you won a Jackpot of N400 million Naira, how happy do you think your Mum will be?
Do you think your Mum could pray that you will be 200 time greater and more successful than she would ever be?

If you had HIV with AIDS: would your mum disown you?
If you were arrested for fraud/419 and went to prison for 10 years, do you think your Mum will move on with her life and forget you?

If you had a fire accident and your nose and eyes were burnt up so that you look like a monster, do you think your mum will replace you with another person?

Now, if you had your own child, would you do exactly as your mum would have done for you in the same position?

If you understand this, you will understand why love is not an emotion but a choice to unconditionally build the life of the other person.

Love is like volition. It is often tested.
How can a guy say to a girl "I love you" only for him to backtrack because the girl became disfigured by hot oil?

Love will stay irrespective of what happens to the girl.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 3:08am On Jan 09, 2018
When and How should I know that a relationship should be terminated?
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
shadeyinka:
Not all relationships should be nurtured to the level of Marriage . It is important to know that people hardly change with time and even when they do, it comes very slowly over years.

I will give some reasons why you must terminate your relationship
1. Divergence of Spiritual Values:
War are caused usually as a result of desire to possess. The possession could be land, resources, freedom etc. But the most dangerous kind of one is that of Ideology. It is usually a "fight to finish". The parties can never be pacified.

Religion belong to this field. It is better to quit being hole you still can except if you don't have any spiritual stand of your own.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
shadeyinka:
2. Onset of Abuse:
Are you being violated
Verbally,
Emotionally,
Physically,
Socially and
Psychologically

He/She will never change and the behavior will get worse once you marry.
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 2:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
shadeyinka:
3. Exposure of Non Disclosured Secrets and Lies with Long term implications:
When you find out secrets deliberately hidden by your partner such as:
HIV status/Medical status
History of Abortion
Undisclosed Child/Children
Side chick/Side guy
Criminal Record
Etc
Re: Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? by shadeyinka(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
Preciousgirl:

What is love
bingbagbo:

What is love
Dohgon:

Love is a measure or ones Desire towards someone or something thing. Love can be positive or negative, conscious or unconscious

Dohgon:

Love is indeed an emotion. I know with my previous explanation someone would say, “what about love between a parent and a child, is that Desirous?”. No, it’s not Desirous because it’s under the influence of your Conscience.

The default “driver” of human nature is Desire. But Desire left unmanaged will lead to corruption and self destruction. The only regulator of our Desires is our Conscience (the Spiritual Essence within us). It is that Spiritual essence that we use to discern Right from Wrong and to develop morals to live by. Religion was supposed to conquer Desire but as we see by all the corruption and violence in the world, that is failing.

Love between a parent and a child, sister and brother, or any other non-sexual conditions is “managed emotion”. Love begins in the Mind then travel to the Heart where it builds strength. That is why Love is associated with the Heart because that’s where we feel it. If Love remains under the full influence of our Conscience it stays and reciprocates back and forth between the Heart and the Mind. Desire under different conditions such as between man and woman we let strong emotion go further down to the Groin to generate Lust.

In continuation of our discussions, check out this post which hit front page about a guy who still went on to marry his deformed girlfriend. I tell you the girl is not presentable not to talk of manageable.

But that is what I call love. When my wife will not leave me because I lost all my wealth, hair and teeth.

https://www.nairaland.com/4282726/woman-disfigured-accident-weds-man

Pls click the link above and make your comments

Love is Unconditional
Love Gives at the Expense of Self
Love Builds even when it is costly

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/6535034_hafin_jpgc58c2c3778e9a6e86f27d71c45a998c2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Testimonies Of Gods Power And Existence. Aitheists Come And Read. / How Do We Seek The Kingdom Of God? Let's See - Joseph Prince / Christians god Have Sex With Mary To Get His Only Begotten Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.