Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (95614 Views)

"Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Elebiju: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
if u dont understand what d lady is saying,keep shut....brtitish destroyed bini kingdom and looted her treasury in 1896...bronze works and artefacts that were kept in oba palace for hundreds of years were stolen and sold in europe and US...benin kingdom was d most civilised black empire in medievial era.they made d largest earthen construction ever in history of mankind
You're wrong my good friend, the greatest and most civilized black empire in medieval era was the Songhai Empire.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Elebiju: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
MicroBox:
How would Nigeria be great when living with Satanist who are openly practicing Satanism...
Idol worshipping would be abolish and must be abolish..
Nigeria never heal from the aftermath of FESTAC 77..
Culture/tradition is idol worshiping..
Idol worshipping is Satanism,
.·.Culture/tradition is Satanism...
What they invoke is devil,
what they call is devil,
what they worship is devil,
It must be abolish..

Tourism my foot.,.
You're right my brother, Festac 77 was the Pandora box that we opened and here we are 39yrs after.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by seenter84: 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
cultist everywhere
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by paparazzi1987(m): 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
I love everything about Benin culture. I wish I was born there sad
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by redsun(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Honestly, this one seems far less reform-minded than his father.

A son should know better than the father,not the other way round.

We are duty bound to correct the mistakes of our fathers and polish it up for the nest generation to build on.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by toye440: 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
places like this hardly develop, wre ever too much juju, and fetish practice abound, will always b primitive
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by omakay(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
One thing still stands as regards tradition.

AS LONG AS A CERTAIN TRADITION CANNOT ADD PROGRESSIVE VALUE TO THE LIVES OF IT'S FOLLOWERS, IT WILL SURELY FADE AWAY.

IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.

When I say tradition, I mean all forms of tradition, culture and religion.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Lakeland4321: 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
kings11ng:
another brainwashed zombie negro alert
Bros, if you love your 'culture' go and embrace your masquerade since he's part of you and give the Shamman (chief priest) ostrich eye, elephants milk blah blah. Most African cultural display involves a lot of sorcery but you are enjoying social media and cell phones things that your culture couldn't give you!
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by harmony9: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pheals:
Hnmmm it is well.. .culture and tradition! God punish the Britiania who polluted it
sharap!
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by redsun(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
omakay:

AS LONG AS A CERTAIN TRADITION CANNOT ADD PROGRESSIVE VALUE TO THE LIVES OF IT'S FOLLOWERS, IT WILL SURELY FADE AWAY.

When a people culture dies,so goes their language,precedences,norms,morals and their right to humanity. They become absorbed into the wider society they have no game plans for. They become hapless zombies,just like today's Africans.

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by masqot(m): 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
Strange? I see colourful culture at play
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by redsun(m): 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
People tend to mistake culture for fetish practices and witchhunting.

But it not,it is just a way of life that is subject to change,innovations, alterations and norms that stands the test of time.

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by omakay(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
redsun:

When a people culture dies,so goes their language,precedences,norms,morals and their right to humanity. They become absorbed into the wider society they have no game plans for. They become hapless zombies,just like today's Africans.

You are very right.

I think what really happens is that when a certain people are shown/introduced to a way of life/thinking that is different from theirs and from all indications a lot more progressive than theirs, they tend to jump ship.

It could not have being a bad idea but for the fact that there was no game plan in the former culture.

For the most of us in this thread and in the society who are always clamouring that we do not abandon our culture, I got some questions for you.

What progressive development have these cultures given us?

What form of economic, social , political and technological advancement have these cultures instilled in us?

If we were truly left to ourselves to move to the future along with the rest of the world, what would we exactly be moving on with?

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by CloudResident(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
Even if no be all Benin daughters fit come home for the coronation cheesy.All the Oyinbos there follow come from Italy to represent. I trust! grin If all daughters come home Italy go enter recession Sharp sharp lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by heybee72(m): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
All this didn't happen when obaseki became Governor oooo
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by NemzySeries(m): 12:33am On Oct 20, 2016
nw I see d origin of cultism
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by PETUK(m): 12:38am On Oct 20, 2016
neocortex:

Another white man slave spotted.
Christian? I don't know about that, what I know he was a Mason
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by nwakaibeya1: 1:02am On Oct 20, 2016
has christianity / bornagain really made any impact in benin kingdom?prophets and pastors answer us

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by MabraO: 6:41am On Oct 20, 2016
MicroBox:
How would Nigeria be great when living with Satanist who are openly practicing Satanism...
Idol worshipping would be abolish and must be abolish..
Nigeria never heal from the aftermath of FESTAC 77..
Culture/tradition is idol worshiping..
Idol worshipping is Satanism,
.·.Culture/tradition is Satanism...
What they invoke is devil,
what they call is devil,
what they worship is devil,
It must be abolish..

Tourism my foot.,.

Go nd abolish it na
Ignoramus
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by moshould(m): 6:51am On Oct 20, 2016
Naija Pple no send d horns, de go still. Chop the ram...
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 7:43am On Oct 20, 2016
Icon4s:
hmmm... The last Oba became a Christian and abolished so many fetish practises in Benin.

He brought Modernization, prosperity and development to Benin.

With what i have seen so far, I hope this Oba will not take Benin back to its dark ages. undecided

I think Benin is at its darkest time since Oranmiyan. It's been in its dark age since 1897
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2016
Lakeland4321:
Bros, if you love your 'culture' go and embrace your masquerade since he's part of you and give the Shamman (chief priest) ostrich eye, elephants milk blah blah. Most African cultural display involves a lot of sorcery but you are enjoying social media and cell phones things that your culture couldn't give you!

undecided why would anyone just go and give a priest ostrich eye? what did the person do? or what is he looking for?

stop saying stupid things...displaying ignorance of tradition

what has technology got to do with culture
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
nwakaibeya1:
has christianity / bornagain really made any impact in benin kingdom?prophets and pastors answer us

The best for Bini is for all christians to revert to the ways of their forebears. ..the days of their empire
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
HIScraziness:
Piece of shiit!!
like your brain cheesy
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by HIScraziness(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

like my brain cheesy
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Ngokafor(f): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2016
omakay:

....You are so right!!....retrogressive,anti-progress African cultural practice that adds no value to lives must give way no matter how some folks cry and wail about 'oyibo slavery'.just like how twins were killed in the past because of 'culture' but not any longer(thank God)

...Witches and wizards dem..nonsense.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2016
HIScraziness:
only a shit brained person does that
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 9:01am On Oct 20, 2016
Ngokafor:

....You are so right!!....retrogressive,anti-progress African cultural practice that adds no value to lives must give way no matter how some folks cry and wail about 'oyibo slavery'.just like how twins were killed in the past because of 'culture' but not any longer(thank God)

...Witches and wizards dem..nonsense.

stfu! most Africans adored twins. .. just because calabar killed twins we won't hear the end of it

btw you are really fooling yourself.... you don't even know what culture is. ..to have called killing of twins a culture goes to show how uninformed you are
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by HIScraziness(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

only a shit brained person does that

Keep trying so hard to make me notice you!! Sorry to hurt your feeling bruh, acting like a rapscallion is not your thing undecided
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2016
HIScraziness:

Keep trying so hard to make me notice you!!

grin grin grin grin grin How can I? try to make a slowpoke notice me on a faceless forum and then what? you give me money? you must think you are special?
your stupidity would make an epic series
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by HIScraziness(m): 9:32am On Oct 20, 2016
macof:

grin grin grin grin grin How can I? try to make a slowpoke notice me on a faceless forum and then what? you give me money? you must think you are special?
your stupidity would make an epic series

I don't really have a thing for cuntface deluded ass-jabbers tryna feel relevant when obviously they aint. Tell me, who foolishly quoted me in the first place?? Your stupidity deserves a medal bruh grin. I made ma point, my opinion though, I got the copyright smiley, if u gat a problem with that??

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by macof(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2016
HIScraziness:

I don't really have a thing for cuntface deluded ass-jabbers tryna feel relevant when obviously they aint. Tell me, who foolishly quoted me in the first place?? Your stupidity deserves a medal bruh grin. I made ma point, my opinion though, I got the copyright smiley, if u gat a problem with that??

How I'm I stupid? don't go around using words that you don't understand. .. a person as moronic enough to call the coronation of the Oba of Benin a piece of shiit is nothing but a shiit brain. .. you see shiit all over your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Yoruba Incantations. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.