Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria (12011 Views)

Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism / How Can I Start A Career In Academics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by African101(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
Oh....... Tnx bro
nmreports:

I am sorry I do not have any information about that.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
elmisti:

by Gods grace
gimme small info about the course please embarassed
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by elmisti(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
MissHatey:
gimme small info about the course please embarassed

Am a newbie too......just know February is d next diet
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
elmisti:

Am a newbie too......just know February is d next diet
Aiit
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by ceejay4real(m): 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
There is a course being offered at Master's level in Sweden, Intellectual Capital Management. Will it be useful for me to become a Human Resources Consultant?

Please kindly guide me.
Thanks bro!
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Pwhitelaw(m): 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Am a graduate of guidance and counselling and would love to build a career in human resources. Will I need cipm certification or second degree in personell management
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
Am a graduate of guidance and counselling and would love to build a career in human resources. Will I need cipm certification or second degree in personell management

Both the certification and degree is good if you have the wherewithal.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by bidexmedia(m): 4:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Processing of travel documents.

Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports, please answer my question above. The first comment on this Thread. Thanjs
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2016
MissHatey:
nmreports, please answer my question above. The first comment on this Thread. Thanjs

Hellooo, trust you are well.
Yes! If you are sincerely interested in human resources then yes you can start with this Feb diet.

However, because you don't have a social science background, you will start with intermediate one. F0rms should be out next month.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Pwhitelaw(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

Both the certification and degree is good if you have the wherewithal.
....thanks for the reply
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

Hellooo, trust you are well.
Yes! If you are sincerely interested in human resources then yes you can start with this Feb diet.

However, because you don't have a social science background, you will start with intermediate one. Firms should be out next month.
okay. Thanks. I will read up on it.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2016
MissHatey:
okay. Thanks. I will read up on it.

Is that all you want to know?.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

Is that all you want to know?.
I wish to know more but I dont wanna disturb you.
This Feb diet you are talking about, I still don't understand it thou and I don't mind if you can explain it to me embarassed
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 8:00am On Oct 25, 2016
MissHatey:
I wish to know more but I dont wanna disturb you.
This Feb diet you are talking about, I still don't understand it thou and I don't mind if you can explain it to me embarassed

No its fine. Ask anything you want. I have time on my hands today.

a) Okay, so CIPM have different stages or diets of the exams that you have to pass before you become qualified.
b) Each stage or diet is held on Feb and August of every year.
c) The stages or diet you will join is determined by your degree or qualifications.
d) Because CIPM is social science oriented, all arts and science student will start on Intermediate one
e) After Intermediate one, there is intermediate two, professional one and professional two.
f) That is Feb 2017 for intermediate one, August 2017 for intermediate two, Feb 2018 for professional one and August 2018 for professional two
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

No its fine. Ask anything you want. I have time on my hands today.

a) Okay, so CIPM have different stages or diets of the exams that you have to pass before you become qualified.
b) Each stage or diet is held on Feb and August of every year.
c) The stages or diet you will join is determined by your degree or qualifications.
d) Because CIPM is social science oriented, all arts and science student will start on Intermediate one
e) After Intermediate one, there is intermediate two, professional one and professional two.
f) That is Feb 2017 for intermediate one, August 2017 for intermediate two, Feb 2018 for professional one and August 2018 for professional two
Thanks for taking your time to explain this.
I have degree in English and going for service next month. This diet thingny, can I also participate and like how much does it cost?

With my degree, where can I start from?
Thanks in advance sir
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2016
MissHatey:
I have degree in English and going for service next month. This diet thingny, can I also participate and like how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance sir

Congrats on NYSC.
Yes there is a discount for corpers fortunately.
You can participate and there are centres for the exams around certain states in Nigeria.
Cost is around 55k.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2016
MissHatey:

Thanks in advance sir

Congrats on NYSC.
You can participate and there are centres for the exams around certain states in Nigeria.
Cost is around 55k.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

Congrats on NYSC.
Cost is around 55k.
Thanks
Woah, I will take advantage of the discount then. Although I don't know where they will post me. So, where will I start from?
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
MissHatey:
Thanks
Woah, I will take advantage of the discount then. Although I don't know where they will post me. So, where will I start from?

Intermediate one as an arts/ communications graduate.
You can send me an email on my profile and we can chat on WhatsApp
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

Intermediate one as an arts/ communications graduate.
You can send me an email on my profile and we can chat on WhatsApp
Aiit boss, thanks so much for your time. I appreciate
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2016
MissHatey:
Aiit boss, thanks so much for your time. I appreciate

Sure. You welcome.
You can visit www.cipmnigeria.org
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by afonomics(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2016
fpeter:

Hope no be GNLD Counseling?

Lol. You funny. its not. Its located in surulere. You can visit them to verify.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Ronee27: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

Source:

https://humanresourceng..com.ng/2016/10/building-career-in-human-resources.html?m=1
Thank you so much for the heads up , I have a degree in Sociology/Anthropology and have already enrolled for a Masters program in Human resource management at Nnamdi Azikiwe. That should be okay too, abi? Do I still require the CIPM certification?
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by nmreports: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ronee27:

Thank you so much for the heads up , I have a degree in Sociology/Anthropology and have already enrolled for a Masters program in Human resource management at Nnamdi Azikiwe. That should be okay too, abi? Do I still require the CIPM certification?

Yes. Its like an accountant without an ICAN certification but a masters in finance or accounting.
You need CIPM but the masters is an added advantage.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by fpeter(f): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
nmreports:

LMAO.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.
grin grin grin grin

My brother you sabi how far nah....e no dey hard dem
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by fpeter(f): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
afonomics:

Lol. You funny. its not. Its located in surulere. You can visit them to verify.

My dear na true nah, thanks.
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by mirakuru(m): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
for those that will be writing the Feb diet please kindly help with the study materials you have I will also be taking the intermediate 2 come Feb.. we can as well create a Whatsapp group for preparation
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Selfhood: 5:15am On Jan 26, 2017
Lovely
Re: Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28am On May 21, 2017
nmreports:
Will be more than happy to help you with questions that you may have.

1) @ Maggilove, yes you can do HRM with your degree in English. Register for the new CIPM diet in February. You will start with Intermediate one. Applications would be open shortly.
2) @ fpeter, I am sorry I do not have that information but you can try cassonnigeria.org
3) @ Memphis357, yes on the right track.
4) @ ANNOY, your first degree doesnt matter. Follow the steps in my post.
5) @ omoakin87, you may have to do a PGD at UniLag but yes proceed to apply with CIPM. Start somewhere.

Good morning. I just paid for my membership on CIPM. They sent me a mail of acknowledgment. How long does it take to get an admission letter and what is the next step?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary / NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.