Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,428 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

The River - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The River (38160 Views)

Romance On The River - Book Review / Cries From The River “nun” Poem, Dedicated To Gabriel Imomotimi Okara / Murica: My River Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The River by Adesina12: 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
Congrats bae for the FP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
Front Page yet again, congrats sweety

This is creepy though. Seeing ghosts/spirits... People tend to term this as witchcraft.

Just the tendency of seeing spirits qualifies her for jungle justice back at the villages.

Give us more dear!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
girlhaley:
Seeing d dead

Oh no!

That's not a gift to be proud of.......

Why is eliora not freaking out when she saw shanzay

I think shanzay disappearance has to do with baba and Edward

Lleigh.....I doff my cap.....btw.....its my birthday......
Happy birthday.
Re: The River by Aliyeous(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
Following bumper to bumper
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Adesina12:
Hummmm!!!!
Rituals in Western world!!!
Following

Rituals happen everywhere.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
opal4real:
Lovely story. It reminds me of the black young boy's torso found in River Thames many years ago. I think the boy was nicknamed Adam and the police thinks he is from Yoruba/Benin decent and was used for rituals.

More grease to your fingers!

opal4real thank you for stopping by and reading......
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
israel90:
Intresting

thank you hope you stay till the end
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
Adesina12:
This is very interesting bae
Let's get going and see what happen next
Still have a bag full of popcorn with cold drinks here 'my slogan' undecided

hope you have plenty of popcorn smiley
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
Prinxxdave:
Seeing dead people is a gift ooo...................... Jor

exactly, maybe
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=Prinxxdave post=51504061][/quote]

Prinxxdave you need to follow till the end of the story smiley
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
girlhaley:
Seeing d dead

Oh no!

That's not a gift to be proud of.......

Why is eliora not freaking out when she saw shanzay

I think shanzay disappearance has to do with baba and Edward

Lleigh.....I doff my cap.....btw.....its my birthday......

Birthday girl I hope you had a good one.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
Gabbyraze:
This is one of the most captivating work I have read in this platform,keep up the good work.

Gabbyraze thank you for reading and commenting.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
Adesina12:
Congrats bae for the FP

Thank you, Adesina12.

You always make the time to comment.

Drinks for you at the Club served by Sam grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
jagugu88li:
Front Page yet again, congrats sweety

This is creepy though. Seeing ghosts/spirits... People tend to term this as witchcraft.

Just the tendency of seeing spirits qualifies her for jungle justice back at the villages.

Give us more dear!

jagugu88li thanking you too. without your comments it would be a cold place grin
Re: The River by Adesina12: 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
Lleigh:

Thank you, Adesina12.

You always make the time to comment.

Drinks for you at the Club served by Sam grin

Lleigh!!!
You wan kill person? Why Sam?
I beg I don't want to be tortured like Remi in room 3
Beside, I am not one of Sam fan
#teamSamMustDie# all the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2016
Prinxxdave:
Happy birthday.
Thanks
Re: The River by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2016
girlhaley:

Thanks

Happy Born Day!!!
Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lleigh:

Prinxxdave you need to follow till the end of the story smiley

no mind me jor...................... Am just curious :p abeg do quick update o
Re: The River by MozB: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2016
Lleigh.. Update pleasssssssseeee
Re: The River by Adesina12: 9:32am On Dec 02, 2016
It is better late than never
With love I wish you happy birthday girlhaley
Wish you happiness llnp
How old are you now?
Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Adesina12:
It is better late than never
With love I wish you happy birthday girlhaley
Wish you happiness llnp
How old are you now?

Thanks Hon.....Ayam older than Methuselah......tongue
opal4real:

Happy Born Day!!!

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chapter 11

Mali Busbi took the order from the well dressed young girl at the bar for a rum and coke. The club was buzzing, it was Thursday night, and one of London’s football clubs had just won three games in a row, so all the footballers and hangers on were out in full force. This was guaranteed to bring in all the girls looking to be the next top WAG into the club.

She hated her job, she should be the one on the other side of the bar, buying the drinks not serving them. She was also in a foul mood tonight, her rent was overdue and her visa was about to expire.

None of the regulars ever glanced her way; she was just the girl behind the bar. She had seen the job at the club as a stepping stone to greatness, a way to get out of the hole she was currently in. Trying to get a wealthy lover was proving as difficult as getting a seat on the tube during rush hour, she sighed, giving the girl waiting for her drink at the bar baleful looks. If looks could kill the girl would certainly be dead right now.

‘How are we doing, Mali’ a voice behind her brought her out of her introspection.

Her boss and owner of the club, smiled at her. Edward was good looking and from what she could see he was loaded. She still hadn’t been able to determine his pedigree, she couldn’t tell whether he was mixed race or Indian, or something else, he tanned very easily in the summer and was as pale as the white people in the winter. It was his hair that made it hard for her to determine which box to put him in, it was dark brown, it was wavy and at times appeared tightly curled.

Hopefully if she continued playing her cards right, she hoped she would not be working behind this bar for long.

All her money problems would be over, she had been trying, her best to win him over. Never being too clingy or acting possessively when she saw him with other women. There was no point going for a prince when you could bag the King.

‘We are getting busy, I heard the North London guys are on their way down’ she said, putting a smile on her face, looking towards the VIP area.

‘Ok, let me know if you need more people at the bar’ he said, as he walked away back upto his office two floors above the bar.

It turned out to be a very busy night, she only realised when things started dying down that she didn’t even go for her break.

By the end of her shift Mali reckoned she had at least £100 in tips plus the money she had skimmed off the takings that evening, that part had always coming handy. She tried to go a bit over the top in skimming on days like they just had, when it was so busy no could actually notice what was going on.

That would help towards some of the debt she owed Ricky, he had been nasty last night when she had not produced the money she owed him when she said she would.

She wanted to leave the bedsit she was holed up in with Chloe, when she had deliberately fallen pregnant she had thought her lover would buy her house and set her up as his long term mistress.

Instead he had shipped her off to London, which would have been any girl’s dream considering where she had grown up. But she was not cut out for work, she had dreamed of sleeping all day and partying all night, with the most taxing thing being dressing up for the men she entertained.

But it had not been that easy to achieve such a lifestyle like that in London.
She was wiping down the counter, when Edward walked into the bar.

‘Why don’t you come back to mine tonight’ he said, as he approached her by the bar, giving her a kiss on her lips.

‘I can drop you off later’ he said.

‘Sure, I need to be back home by nine’, she said, smiling at him.
She might be able to swipe another valuable item, similar to what she had picked up the last time she had been to his house.

While she racked her brain on who she could call to baby sit Chloe for the night.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
cc mozb, girlhaley, Adeshina12, prinxxdave
Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lleigh:
cc mozb, girlhaley, Adeshina12, prinxxdave
Present......................
Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chai.....I pity Mali ooooo

Baba need a girl......

Jagugu88li......Ur headache ooo.....it's Mali this time around

May ur evil deed be exposed soon

Where Eliora dey?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
Yhuuuuuu!

I have a headache and it all started whilst reading this update.

Girlhaley...painblock please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Jagugu88li I get Panadol I hope it can help.
Re: The River by Creeza(m): 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lleigh are you an arsenal fan ? cheesy north lodon here, and arsenal jersey for Michael in '' the Club'' .

I pick it that you got love for the Gunners.

Prove me wrong?
grin

mali , what happens to You Tonight will be historic ( Waiting for updates) grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2016
Lleigh:
Jagugu88li I get Panadol I hope it can help.
....and an injection too cheesy
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
Creeza:
Lleigh are you an arsenal fan ? cheesy north lodon here, and arsenal jersey for Michael in '' the Club'' .

I pick it that you got love for the Gunners.

Prove me wrong?
grin

mali , what happens to You Tonight will be historic ( Waiting for updates) grin

You figured it out........yes I do like the Gunners
Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lleigh:

You figured it out........yes I do like the Gunners

if u are truly a Gunner then name our starting 11.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
Chapter 12

DS Bennet knocked on Eliora’s door and put his head through Eliora’s door.

‘We are off to the Aviator; do you want to join us for a drink?’

Taking note that the room was as cold as the last time he had been here. The cold always preceded the strange things that happened in that room.

Looking up from the report she was reading ‘I’m sorry not today, I really want to go through these files, maybe next time’
‘That’s alright, see you tomorrow, then’ as he walked away, rubbing his hands in glee.

He had won this bet; they had all lost the other bet regarding how long it would take her to move out of the office. Well technically the money was still in the pot, they had yet to decide what to do with it as one week in, she was firmly ensconced in that office, even after the incident with the boxes. The plants that seemed to wilt in that part of the office were now thriving.

Ds Bennet, got his coat and walked the ten minutes to join the others at the Aviator. The others Andy, Terry and Jenkins had found a nice spot in the corner and were on their first round when, Bennet walked up to them.

‘Take it she did not take you up on the invite then Bennet’ Andy grinned.

‘Nope, unfortunately, she was buried in one of those case files’

DS Jenkins taking a sip of his pint asked ‘What do you think of the new officer then’

Andy chewing on a crisp said ‘she is hot I must admit, not really friendly though’.

Terry joined in ‘she sounds so snooty too, wonder where she was before she came down here. Or who she pissed off more like’

‘There is certainly something strange about her’ DS Bennet said taking a sip of his pint.

‘Have you asked Devine, where she was before she came here?’ Andy asked, turning towards Terry as he asked the question.

Bennet continued, ‘have you really looked at her, I mean her eyes? It’s like those eyes are like probes, I swear I have to think of football when I’m talking to her’.

Jenkins, the rational police office burst out laughing ‘Get a grip Fred; she’s only a slip of a girl.’

Andy who had been quiet ‘I agree with Fred, Jenkins, her eyes make me uncomfortable too. What I do know is that, I would not want to play poker with her.’

Terry who considered himself a bit of a ladies’ man, ’I am sure someone somewhere knows who she pissed off to be dumped here’

‘Well I reckon we have all lost that bet, she is still in that office, she has beaten everyone’s record’ Bennet said.

‘Maybe she’s got ice in her veins, that’s why she hasn’t noticed that the room is freezing.’ Terry said.

Eliora closed the file she was reading and looked around her office. After pruning the two plants in the office watering them and talking to them once in a while, the leaves had started responding.

If anyone caught her talking to the plants that was acceptable, since Prince Charles had owned up to doing such, his subjects should be able to do the same.

She was about to give the plants their weekly dose of miracle grow when her phone rang.

It was a relatively new number and no one should be calling at this time of the night, she thought, as she walked back to her desk wondering who would call her so late.

She put the bottle of miracle grow on her desk and stared at the number flashing on her phone, it was the home.

she pressed the green answer button.

'Is that Durotimi Williams?' a voice on the other end asked.

'Yes' Eliora replied, subconsciously staring at the door of her office.

'Hi my name is Edith, Margaret's carer. She is very agitated and she keeps on saying she needs to speak to you about your Mother'
'Please come as soon as you can, as she might not last long' she continued.

'I will be there as soon as I can, thank you ' Eliora said and ended the call.

Margaret and never ever mentioned her Mother all her life, she had yearned for that information for so long.

Why did she want to talk about her now?

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Love Cycle [pre-destiny] / VICTIMS- Fiction / Ghost-full

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.