Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good (2760 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / The Black Church & Religion Has Failed / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

Coward!

Thats all thats in your barrel.. One word... One empty barrel that craves attention by being a nuisance on every thread..
Used up my NL r3tard quota for today. Have fun.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Thats all thats in your barrel.. One word... One empty barrel that craves attention by being a nuisance on every thread..
Used up my NL r3tard quota for today. Have fun.

Gerrarahia, accidental fish brain.!
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]
You have a good habit of reading. That's not sufficient though. You should consider comprehension as a valuable and complementary tool.

Renouncing Christianity doesnt make one atheist, just as a Muslim apostate isn't automatically a Christian.

Your article only shows Hitler had problems with the church for political reasons. Unless you are some sort of Holy Ghost-certified Christian Identifier, I require more evidence that proves Hitler clearly disowned his Christian faith.
for clear comparison, Amaechi was formerly in PDP, but now an APC member. Being born a christian does not converge christianity on someone, but christianity is seen as someone who practices what Jesus teaches. CHRISTIAN = CHRIST LIKE PEOPLE. how many people did christ killed when he was alive?

Hitler renounced christ and waged war against christianity and of course the Jews.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Go back and read the so called google and please feel free to tell us which teachings of christianity/Jesus christ hitler follows that makes him a christian.
I don't have time for all this crap and ignorance

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Hitler was a Christian who learn how to slaughter and kill from the great King David, who was a man after God's heart.

Oga, point of correction, King David was not a christian. Christianity starts from the Jesus era. David was born hundred of years before christ came into the world.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:

Hitler renounced christ and waged war against christianity and of course the Jews.
Stop lying for Jesus Hitler never Killed any Christian only Jews u know why? Cause of the believe that the Jews Killed Jesus yes A lot of blood is on Jesus head who probably didn't exist..

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

Doesnt still change the facts on ground!
By the way, Are u ready to explain ur origin now? grin
And who said Evolution talked about origin are u this ignorant or just playing dumb lemme know how to handle you..
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I don't have time for all this crap and ignorance

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
"Aspects of Adolf Hitler's religious beliefs have been a matter of debate". He is generally believed to have been skeptical of religion.

The statement above is the first and second sentence in the site you quoted.

So, you can judge by yourself his religion
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

And who said Evolution talked about origin are u this ignorant or just playing dumb lemme know how to handle you..

No Sir, evolution talks about "end product".
Fish brain!
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Stop lying for Jesus Hitler never Killed any Christian only Jews u know why? Cause of the believe that the Jews Killed Jesus yes A lot of blood is on Jesus head who probably didn't exist..
"Hitler was reluctant to make public attacks on the Church for political reasons,[21] but generally permitted or encouraged his inner-circle of anti-church radicals such as Heinrich Himmler, Joseph Goebbels and Martin Bormann to perpetrate the Nazi persecutions of the churches.[22] His remarks to confidants, as described in the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Albert Speer,[23] and transcripts of Hitler's private conversations recorded by Martin Bormann in Hitler's Table Talk, indicate anti-Christian beliefs. Goebbels wrote in 1941 that Hitler "hates Christianity".[2"

ABOVE EXCERPTS FROM THE WIKIPAEDIA YOU DIRECTED ME TO.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
"Aspects of Adolf Hitler's religious beliefs have been a matter of debate"

The statement above is the first and second sentence in the site you quoted. He is generally believed to have been skeptical of religion.

So, you can judge by yourself his religion
Did it stop there? maybe i should help u complete it
[b] Raised by an anti-clerical father and practising Catholic mother , Hitler was baptised and confirmed in the Roman Catholic Church as a boy, but became hostile to Catholicism in adulthood. In his semi-autobiographical Mein Kampf , Hitler outlines a nihilistic philosophy, makes some religious allusions, and declares himself in favour of separation of church and state. In public speeches, Hitler references providence, and sometimes said he was Christian. Officially, the Party endorsed what it termed [size=20pt] " Positive Christianity" [/size] which stripped the religion of its Jewish origins and certain key doctrines such as belief in the divinity of Christ. In practice Hitler's regime persecuted the churches, and worked to reduce the influence of Christianity on society.
Hitler was reluctant to make public attacks on the Church for political reasons, but generally permitted or encouraged his inner-circle of anti-church radicals such as Heinrich Himmler , Joseph Goebbels and Martin Bormann to perpetrate the Nazi persecutions of the churches. His remarks to confidants, as described in the Goebbels Diaries , the
memoirs of Albert Speer , and transcripts of Hitler's private conversations recorded by Martin Bormann in Hitler's Table Talk, indicate anti-Christian beliefs. Goebbels wrote in 1941 that Hitler "hates Christianity". [size=20pt] Alan Bullock considered that Hitler's central objection to Christianity, was that its teaching was "a rebellion against the natural law of selection by struggle and the survival of the fittest". [/size] Bullock considered Hitler to be a rationalist and a materialist who did not believe in God, but who frequently employed the language of " divine providence " in defence of his own myth. [size=20pt] Richard Steigmann-Gall has read Hitler's language to mean that he may have continued to believe in an active deity, and to hold Jesus in high esteem as an "Aryan fighter" who struggled against Jewry. [/size]
According to Speer, Hitler had contempt for the neo-pagan views of Alfred Rosenberg and Himmler Hitler's appointment of the neo-pagan Rosenberg as official Nazi ideologist angered Christians. The regime launched an effort toward coordination of German Protestants under a unified
Protestant Reich Church (but this was resisted by the. Confessing Church ) and moved early to eliminate political Catholicism. Hitler agreed to the Reich concordat with Rome, but then routinely ignored it, and permitted persecutions of the Catholic Church. Smaller religious minorities faced harsher repression, with the Jews of Germany expelled for extermination on the grounds of Nazi racial ideology. Jehovah's Witnesses were ruthlessly persecuted for refusing both military service and allegiance to Hitler's movement. Although he was prepared to delay conflicts for political reasons, many historians believe that Hitler eventually hoped to eradicate Christianity in Germany. [31] [/b]

All Because of Jesus Abi?
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

No Sir, evolution talks about "end product". Fish brain!
Wow still displaying ur Stupidity This is rather amazing
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

historians believe that Hitler eventually hoped to eradicate Christianity in Germany. [31] [/b]

All Because of Jesus Abi?
Thanks for the above. Jesus restored the ear of the person whose ear was cut off when they came to arrest him. So Jesus never permit any crime in his name. Anini, the notorious armed robber was once known for giving poor and needy people from his loots, does it make Anini a clean person. A THIEF IS A THIEF. Hitler is never a christian.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Wow still displaying ur Stupidity This is rather amazing

Sorry, even ur claims of having a brain that originated accidentally by chance, proves ur self-admission of a higher proportion of inherent folly and stupidity.
Sorry my dear,
You need help.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry, even ur claims of having a brain that originated accidentally by chance, proves ur self-admission of a higher proportion of inherent folly and stupidity.
Sorry my dear,
You need help.
Ah still displaying ignorance Wow M coming lemme get my journal to record all this stupidity for test Research

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by D34lw4p(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Thanks for the above. Jesus restored the ear of the person whose ear was cut off when they came to arrest him. So Jesus never permit any crime in his name. Anini, the notorious armed robber was once known for giving poor and needy people from his loots, does it make Anini a clean person. A THIEF IS A THIEF. Hitler is never a christian.
you've been sounding so dumb all this while and it's obvious you're speaking out of ignorance, your bible or quran clearly supports slavery, cruel death, rape and all sort of atrocities, yet you claim that's where your life belongs, your pastors will extract only the good part of the bible to preach to you but won't mention the great evil committed in the Bible! If you question them they will say, That's old testament and the laws are no longer valid, yet your pastors are making a huge amount from collecting tithe while collection of tithe was only mentioned in the Old Testament. Wake up dumb heads!

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by Wilgrea7(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
D34lw4p:
Quran 8:39
(Hilali-Khan) states “And fight
them until there is no more
Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism:
i.e. worshipping others besides
Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others
besides Allah), then certainly,
Allah is All-Seer of what they
do.”

The context of this verse is
not that Islam should dominate
other religions but the only
religion in the world and so
Muslims should fight and
annihilate all non-believers till
there is only Islam in the whole
world.

The God of the Bible also
allows slavery, including
selling your own daughter as
a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11),
child abuse (Judges 11:29-40
& Isaiah 13:16), and bashing
babies against rocks (Hosea
13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

This type of criminal behavior
should shock any moral person.

ur topic said “religion has caused more harm than good"... so how many people have u seen doing the above u mentioned
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Why did hitler kill? is jesus not the Keyword?
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by D34lw4p(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wilgrea7:

ur topic said “religion has caused more harm than good"... so how many people have u seen doing the above u mentioned
You've not seen right? Okay, go and play with sand, you're still a kid.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Ah still displaying ignorance Wow M coming lemme get my journal to record all this stupidity for test Research

Rather, Quite Ironic!

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Oga, point of correction, King David was not a christian. Christianity starts from the Jesus era. David was born hundred of years before christ came into the world.
I didnt say He was. But I wonder what your people were doing while David was commiting genocide in Asia.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:

He was a Christian who waged war against the Jews. Seems the Christians learnt a lot from that. They focused on Africa and made them Christians. wink

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

Rather, Quite Ironic!

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

In other words,

E pain me !

grin
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by Wilgrea7(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
D34lw4p:
You've not seen right? Okay, go and play with sand, you're still a kid.

it was a question.. if u didn't have a logical answer you could've just kept quiet rather than making yourself sound like an arrogant person with no points to offer in a discussion rather than insults
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
how is he a christian, prove it to me.
Don't you have Google, abegi undecided
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

In other words,
E pain me !
grin
Of course it did pain you!
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Of course it did pain you!

U cant even fathom minimal grammar

Shior! undecided
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

U cant even fathom minimal grammar
Shior! undecided
Are you going out of Words or what?
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Are you going out of Words or what?

No actually, u r infecting me with your fish brain thoughts.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
Lennycool:

Don't you have Google, abegi undecided
Oga, I have read all you think google wrote and nothing indicated that he is a christian. He was born by christian parents but he was not a christian as he renounced christianity.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

No actually, u r infecting me with your fish brain thoughts.
My people, please let us sheath our swords. Even though we differ in ideologies, let us respect our personalty, Please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Elisha Sin Here? / OPEN YOUR 3RD EYE FOR FREE!! In a CHRISTIAN way!! SATAN, DEVIL KEEP OFF / Another Church Member Exposes Tb Joshua's Dirty Secrets... A Must Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.