Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good (2752 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / The Black Church & Religion Has Failed / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
My people, please let us sheath our swords. Even though we differ in ideologies, let us respect our personalty, Please.

Thanks bro. Dont mind that hatred monger.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Why did hitler kill? is jesus not the Keyword?
How many people did Jesus or his disciples killed? On a light note, when Orubebe was ranting during the election, do you think he was ranting for Goodluck to remain as president or for his pocket?
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Oga, I have read all you think google wrote and nothing indicated that he is a christian. He was born by christian parents but he was not a christian as he renounced christianity.
Hitler wasn't a Christian in the basic sense of the word, he belived jesus wasn't jewish, and rejected salvation based on grace rater than race, but he did believe in a creator and often used Catholicism to further his agenda. Hitler was most likely a deist and wielded religion as a tool. You can read more here
http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/04/18/3480312.htm
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
How many people did Jesus or his disciples killed? On a light note, when Orubebe was ranting during the election, do you think he was ranting for Goodluck to remain as president or for his pocket?
Maybe you should first prove that jesus existed first
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Lennycool:

Hitler wasn't a Christian in the basic sense of the word, he belived jesus wasn't jewish, and rejected salvation based on grace rater than race, but he did believe in a creator and often used Catholicism to further his agenda. Hitler was most likely a deist and wielded religion as a tool. You can read more here
http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/04/18/3480312.htm
Thank you. before i run to attend to other things, I now declare and change that my brother's thread name from:

@eyehategod to - @IloveGod -

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND THE SON AND THE HOLY GHOST - AMEN.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by Temolad: 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
Just passing though
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Thank you. before i run to attend to other things, I now declare and change that my brother's thread name from:

@eyehategod to - @IloveGod -

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND THE SON AND THE HOLY GHOST - AMEN.
Oh am sorry am in love with reality

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Maybe you should first prove that jesus existed first
Evidence about Jesus existence is overwhelming. archaeologists, scholars, historians etc testified to it. Consider this:

Tacitus’s terse statement about “Christus” clearly corroborates the New Testament on certain historical details of Jesus’ death. Tacitus presents four pieces of accurate knowledge about Jesus: (1) Christus, used by Tacitus to refer to Jesus, was one distinctive way by which some referred to him, even though Tacitus mistakenly took it for a personal name rather than an epithet or title; (2) this Christus was associated with the beginning of the movement of Christians, whose name originated from his; (3) he was executed by the Roman governor of Judea; and (4) the time of his death was during Pontius Pilate’s governorship of Judea, during the reign of Tiberius. (Many New Testament scholars date Jesus’ death to c. 29 C.E.; Pilate governed Judea in 26–36 C.E., while Tiberius was emperor 14–37 C.E.6)
Tacitus, like classical authors in general, does not reveal the source(s) he used. But this should not detract from our confidence in Tacitus’s assertions. Scholars generally disagree about what his sources were. Tacitus was certainly among Rome’s best historians—arguably the best of all—at the top of his game as a historian and never given to careless writing.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Oh am sorry am in love with reality
Bless you.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Evidence about Jesus existence is overwhelming. archaeologists, scholars, historians etc testified to it. Consider this:

Tacitus’s terse statement about “Christus” clearly corroborates the New Testament on certain historical details of Jesus’ death. Tacitus presents four pieces of accurate knowledge about Jesus: (1) Christus, used by Tacitus to refer to Jesus, was one distinctive way by which some referred to him, even though Tacitus mistakenly took it for a personal name rather than an epithet or title; (2) this Christus was associated with the beginning of the movement of Christians, whose name originated from his; (3) he was executed by the Roman governor of Judea; and (4) the time of his death was during Pontius Pilate’s governorship of Judea, during the reign of Tiberius. (Many New Testament scholars date Jesus’ death to c. 29 C.E.; Pilate governed Judea in 26–36 C.E., while Tiberius was emperor 14–37 C.E.6)
Tacitus, like classical authors in general, does not reveal the source(s) he used. But this should not detract from our confidence in Tacitus’s assertions. Scholars generally disagree about what his sources were. Tacitus was certainly among Rome’s best historians—arguably the best of all—at the top of his game as a historian and never given to careless writing.

This are not Evidence sorry
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

This are not Evidence sorry
ok thank you. even if i talk till tomorrow, you mind is made up. stay cool.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by chiraqDemon(m): 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
Truth is we chriatians will nwver want to see fault in our religion
Show a chriatian a bible verse that encourages slavery and they will say u need grace time and spiritual understanding to see what it really means

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can The Occult Make Me Rich? I Want To Get Rich Overnight / Someone Should Please Translate This Statement To English / No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.