Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good (2732 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / The Black Church & Religion Has Failed / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by D34lw4p(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Quran 8:39
(Hilali-Khan) states “And fight
them until there is no more
Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism:
i.e. worshipping others besides
Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others
besides Allah), then certainly,
Allah is All-Seer of what they
do.”

The context of this verse is
not that Islam should dominate
other religions but the only
religion in the world and so
Muslims should fight and
annihilate all non-believers till
there is only Islam in the whole
world.

The God of the Bible also
allows slavery, including
selling your own daughter as
a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11),
child abuse (Judges 11:29-40
& Isaiah 13:16), and bashing
babies against rocks (Hosea
13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

This type of criminal behavior
should shock any moral person.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by AroOkigbo(m): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Read with understanding. ..with TIME and POWER in perspective!
Did your phone determine what shape or operating system it came with?

We are all pencils in the hands of our creator.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by D34lw4p(m): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
AroOkigbo:
Read with understanding. ..with TIME and POWER in perspective!
Did your phone determine what shape or operating system it came with?

lol, read those words I posted and reason about them!
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
AroOkigbo:

Seems the Creator loves to draw and paint horror with his pencils. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Atheism has killed 250 times more than all religions put together in the last 100 years alone.

And thats just using statistics from Russia, China and Cambodia alone.

Now, do the math and see if you may not have to recaption the topic? angry
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by AroOkigbo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Seems the Creator loves to draw and paint horror with his pencils. undecided

Yes, if He wills. ..

Again, you are one of the many drawings and paintings. You ain't a horror, are you?

His WILL ...not ours!

modified :
just saw your username. ..and can understand where you are coming from.
#goodforyou

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:
Atheism has killed 250 times more than all religions put together in the last 100 years alone.
cheesy where do they breed you fellas? Abandoning reason for stupidity isn't generally a wise choice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by D34lw4p(m): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

lol, congratulations. You just won award for the dumbest comment on Nairaland.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

cheesy where do they breed you fellas? Abandoning reason for stupidity isn't generally a wise choice.

Says the person who agrees that his brain accidentally evolved from fish brain and ape matter.

Hehehehehe, grin

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
AroOkigbo:

Yes, if He wills. ..
Unfortunately, we only find out his WILL after the event has happened. GOD'S will NEVER FAILS INDEED.

AroOkigbo:

Again, you are one of the many drawings and paintings. You ain't a horror, are you?
Oh I am. I mean, no matter how many people I help, I'm doomed to an eternity in hell because I do not believe one stupid carpenter in Israel died for me.
I'm a pencil painting my own drawings. Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder- Im making one hell of a sexy painting. You on the other hand see beauty in the rotten carcass of a God killed by mere men. How foolish.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kevoh(m): 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
D34lw4p:
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

Says the person who agrees that his brain accidentally evolved from fish brain and ape matter.

Hehehehehe, grin
Mr. Felix, what does fish brain and ape have to do with atheism? Go back to school and learn basic definitions of words so you don't end up disgracing yourself and hiding your timidity and emptiness beind unnecessary smilies.

wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
D34lw4p:
He deserves to win it, but not just for this comment. Go through his profile - be warned, your IQ drops the further you scroll.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

You forgot to add the no of all that was killed by the godfather of atheist - Adolf Hitler
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by AroOkigbo(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Unfortunately, we only find out his WILL after the event has happened. GOD'S will NEVER FAILS INDEED.

Oh I am. I mean, no matter how many people I helo, I'm doomed to an eternity in hell because I do not believe one stupid carpenter in Israel died for me.
I'm a pencil paiting my own drawungs. Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder- Im making one hell of a sexy painting. You on the other hand see beauty in the rotten carcass of a God killed by mere men. How foolish.

Everything will be sorted on the last day.
So long. ..
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
AroOkigbo:

Everything will be sorted on the last day.
So long. ..
Death. Without it, there wil be no GOD. Seems God was borne out of our desire to live forever. What false dreams.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Please, not this strawman again.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by hopefulLandlord: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Mr. Felix, what does fish brain and ape have to do with atheism? Go back to school and learn basic definitions of words so you don't end up disgracing yourself and hiding your timidity and emptiness beind unnecessary smilies.

wink

see finishing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

wink

Ok since u dont know the relationship. Why dont u best explain your origin. How man came about?
And if u cannot give meaningful explanation,
I will know u r a coward!

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
You forgot to add the no of all that was killed by the godfather of atheist - Adolf Hitler

That one is even bonanza for them.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by D34lw4p(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
SirWere:
Please, not this strawman again.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Adolf hitler was Christian.. And Congratulations U have just won the most dumbest Comment on Nl and by the Way Google.com is your friend

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by EyeHateGod: 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

That one is even bonanza for them.
Like u didn't know he was a Christian? Why do Christians Love to pretend u have been long on this forum not to be ignorant on that matter but why? must you always be dishonest?
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Hitler was a Christian. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
kolaish:
Hitler was a Christian who learn how to slaughter and kill from the great King David, who was a man after God's heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
Lennycool:

Hitler was a Christian. Mumu
how is he a christian, prove it to me.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Hitler was a Christian who learn how to slaughter and kill from the great King David, who was a man after God's heart.

THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM YOUR SO-CALLED WIKIPAEDIA:

Hitler was reluctant to make public attacks on the Church for political reasons,[21] but generally permitted or encouraged his inner-circle of anti-church radicals such as Heinrich Himmler, Joseph Goebbels and Martin Bormann to perpetrate the Nazi persecutions of the churches.[22] His remarks to confidants, as described in the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Albert Speer,[23] and transcripts of Hitler's private conversations recorded by Martin Bormann in Hitler's Table Talk, indicate anti-Christian beliefs. Goebbels wrote in 1941 that Hitler "hates Christianity.

HE WAS BORN A CHRISTIAN, BUT RENOUNCED CHRISTIANITY AND EMBRACE AITHESM AS SOME OF YOU ARE DOING NOW.
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
felixomor:

Ok since u dont know the relationship. Why dont u best explain your origin.
I have no. I honestly don't know. But I'm interested in your own version.

felixomor:

How man came about?
Are you a virgin?

felixomor:

And if u cannot give meaningful explanation,
I will know u r a coward!
I'm working on one. I'll write it in a book and claim it was inspired by the Creator. Then I'll mail it to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Like u didn't know he was a Christian? Why do Christians Love to pretend u have been long on this forum not to be ignorant on that matter but why? must you always be dishonest?
Doesnt still change the facts on ground!
By the way, Are u ready to explain ur origin now? grin
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by felixomor: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

I have no. I honestly don't know. But I'm interested in your own version.

Are you a virgin?

I'm working on one. I'll write it in a book and claim it was inspired by the Creator. Then I'll mail it to you.

Coward!
Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by kolaish(m): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Adolf hitler was Christian.. And Congratulations U have just won the most dumbest Comment on Nl and by the Way Google.com is your friend
Go back and read the so called google and please feel free to tell us which teachings of christianity/Jesus christ hitler follows that makes him a christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good by sonofluc1fer: 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]
kolaish:
THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM YOUR SO-CALLED WIKIPAEDIA:
HE WAS BORN A CHRISTIAN, BUT RENOUNCED CHRISTIANITY AND EMBRACE AITHESM AS SOME OF YOU ARE DOING NOW.
You have a good habit of reading. That's not sufficient though. You should consider comprehension as a valuable and complementary tool.

Renouncing Christianity doesnt make one atheist, just as a Muslim apostate isn't automatically a Christian.

Your article only shows Hitler had problems with the church for political reasons. Unless you are some sort of Holy Ghost-certified Christian Identifier, I require more evidence that proves Hitler clearly disowned his Christian faith.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Afterlife? / Why Did God Had To Test Adam Eve With A Fruit Tree(photo) / Fans React After Photos Of Firmino Preaching Surfaces On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.