Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode (757 Views)

7 Reasons Why FG Is Moving To Re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu / "You Are Begining To Irritate Me"... Fani Kayode Blasts Reno Omokri / Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by IntrovertedHuman(m): 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
Former Minister of
Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has alleged that the EFCC is planning to re-arrest and detain him. He said this information was leaked to him by his sources within the anti- graft agency.

Fani-Kayode stated this in a statement sent to Punch's correspondent in Abuja on Thursday. He said despite the fact that he had been granted bail by the court, the commission was planning to re-arrest and detain him for a very long time.

He said, “I have been
reliably informed by my sources within the EFCC that they are planning to re-arrest and detain me for as long as possible once again even though I have been granted bail by the Federal high Court in Lagos.

“Fresh charges were filed against me by the EFCC at the Federal High Court in Abuja on July 7. The allegations border on a baseless allegation and false claim that I received N26million naira from the NSA’s office in 2014.

“These are politically-motivated charges and there is no truth in or substance to them whatsoever.”

Fani-Kayode added that the case had been assigned to a judge and the date for arraignment had been set for November 10 before Justice John Tsoho of the Federal High Court in Abuja.

He said his lawyers were in court on October 14, the date initially chosen for his arraignment and that it was the EFCC that did not show up on that day.

He said, “The matter was therefore adjourned till November 10 and my lawyers have given an undertaking to the Judge to ensure that I am in court on that day.

“They have also written to the EFCC to that effect and our letter was acknowledged by them."

He accused the EFCC of being a willing and able tool in the hands of those he described as hawks and hardliners in the Buhari administration, who he said might be acting on superior orders as well.

He said the commission was desperate to keep him out of circulation and off the streets, adding that he had been reliably informed of what the anti-graft agency was asked to do by the Presidency.

Apart from him, he said that the EFCC was also planning to arrest his wife and his eight-month old son just to hurt and spite him even though they had done nothing wrong.

source: http://coldgist..com.ng/2016/10/efcc-planning-to-re-arrest-detain-me.html?m=1

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by digoster(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by sarrki(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Sir Kay

You should be in detention if not for the yeye rule of law

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
He regained freedom and still continue to criticize the government instead of shutting his rotten mouth. He forgot his fellow parrot fayose has immunity unlike him. I trust the Dss and Efcc to lock him up in the deepest part of jail. Useless man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by Qmerit(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Too late we read it since here and u re free to go and stay there when granted bail u return simple! Or u too ve immunity

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by ollymoore: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Why are you crying out you should just allow them to do dere work (arm rubber)ole

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by mrvitalis(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Seriously bro go and defend yourself.. Allow court process to flow.. Don't ask for injections... If u are truly innocent u will win in court.. Then u can claim damages

Nigerians should pressure the judiciary to hurry up with this corruption cases and lets know the outcome

Buhari cant force the judiciary or fast forward the process

Baba go to courf and face ur warrant

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by Goke7: 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
ffk so what do you want us to do nah? when you were chopping our yams, you made no announcement, now you are announcing that you are about to be arrested. Ok we don hear, but my advise is not to take your 8 month old baby along o!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by rusher14: 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
Is Dino taking minutes?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by Clerverly: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Fani-Kayode stated this in a statement sent to Punch's correspondent in Abuja on Thursday. He said despite the fact that he had been granted bail by the court, the commission was planning to re-arrest and detain him for a very long time.

Why did he choose to send it to th Punch Newspaper this time around, instead of the usual Ipob Vanguard Newspapers? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by Realist2: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
All those commenting above, should wait till they become a victim of this executive rascality, harassment and intimidation. People who stole billions and are currently stealing are being over looked because they belong to APC. No Nation make progress in the atmosphere of injustice.
The table will definitely turn around !.
Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by 989900D: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
You chopped alone . . . "I beg carry your wahala and go o". angry

1 Like

Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
That's to tell you the level of ineptitude in this Baba Government.
Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by Reptyle(m): 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ogbeni Femi Fani - Kayode, stop composing poems and essays crying wolf. The innocent know no fear. You are not a hero or a political prisoner of conscience so stop trying to paint yourself as one.

You are a suspect in a crime so If they arrest you, go and answer them and clear your name.

You and your ilk both in the present and past governments, are responsible for the mess of a country we have now. So do not expect to find any sympathy in me for your so - called travails. Me and numerous other Nigerians are struggling to make sense of the mess that you and your fellow political profiteers have created. We are too engrossed with trying to make a life to feel sorry for you.

You are no better than the common man who is jailed 20 years by our corrupt judicial system for stealing bread to quench the pangs of hunger.

If you do the crime, you must do the time.

You sir, are not above the law!!!
Re: EFCC Planning To Re-Arrest, Detain Me – Fani- Kayode by Clerverly: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2016
Seun and lalasticlala why is this thread not on Front page?

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari's Daughter Hanan At The African Women's Forum In Belgium / Jegede Enimikomiyenghan Becomes National Ijaw Youth Leader, Jegede an Ijaw name / 24hrs Gone! Buhari Is Yet To Send Train Crash Condolence Message To Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.