Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" (40804 Views)

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Ekebe1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
NICE
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by ahamonyeka(m): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oba gha to kpere!

Isee!!!
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
The real King even the Ooni of Ife had to come and witness how his fore father would be crowned and collect words of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by martineinstein(m): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
timilehing:
I hope he doesn't end up being a political king
not dis oba....oba doesnt mingle with politicians neither does he meddle with political affairs
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by ElSherriff: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
See why some men just waank? bringing such children into this world is a waste of waist thrusts
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4379969_14682023101577032476753742382143902009202101o_jpege3941b463e7f2bbc8190322b62a885fd

Oba my Nigga...

Much respect to you Sir and your Office.

May your reign be long and may it bring good things to the entire Bini Kingdom and its people.

If you can just use your office to close down UNIBEN... You will be the Greatest Oba Ever Liveth (GOEL).

1 Like

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by GoldenWinnie(f): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
great oba
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by bcomputer101: 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
A yoruba man ruling the great Edo people.

God bless the new King,
son of ODUDUWA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
deeLima86:
"Oba Ewuare ll N'Ogidigan!" khato okpere Ise Ooo!!
Even the ooni had to come watch how it is done grin

1 Like

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by ewons1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ehenede the crown prince(now the Oba of Benin) is an educated fellow........so i expect him to marry both tradition and westernzation together for the common good of the Edo people..................I miss benin-city;a town i grew up in had lots of friends.It has transformed though during my last trip there to see my parents but alot still need to be done so as to change her from her current status as a glorified civil servant state solely depending on salary and western union business coutesy of indigenes living in different parts of the world.........Long Live The King!!!
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Jabioro: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
... but seriously why is he wearing kaaba,I mean a woman gown.Congrat..

1 Like

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by MrPresident1: 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ewuare 11, son Ewuare the Great!

Son of Oduduwa!

1 Like

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Obiomon: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
W
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by DennisEche(m): 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
I RESPECT THE BINI CULTURE.....THEY NEVER ABANDONED NEVER CULTURE AND TRADITION.............NICE ONE ........UNLIKE MY PEOPLE
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Angelb4: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
These are respected traditional heads, not some tourists and the red caps from my left hand side.
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Shymm3xx: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
bcomputer101:
A yoruba man ruling the great Edo people.

God bless the new King,
son of ODUDUWA

Lol. They won't hear you, though - cos they're in denial.

Even the name "Ogidigan" looks Yoruba. Anyone with knowledge of Yoruba etymology needs to translate it (cc: macof).

Another Yoruba territory conquered via a Bini vagina - not war.

Yoruba sons doing great things.

God bless the new Oduduwa king. grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by ricson11(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Afonjas will be like

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by walosky(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
LifeDrama:
Royal Majesty Picked The Name Ewuare ll

"Oba Ewuare ll N'Ogidigan!"
Oba khato okpere Ise!

Source: http://lifedrama.com.ng/benin-coronation-his-royal-majesty-picked-the-name-oba-ewuare-ll-nogidigan/
so who is/was Ewuare1?
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
OoniOfIfe:
Who Oba don help?

But you dey Benin here come worship am .baba Ooni
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Whizkeey(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
H
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Branzy(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
OreoPaschal:
Congratulations to the new Oba. But,why do they cover their nose with white handkerchief?
it's traditional the Oba of Benin don't speak to pple with his mouth open.. If he do so it's a curse
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by AreaFada2: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
OreoPaschal:
Congratulations to the new Oba. But,why do they cover their nose with white handkerchief?
Ancient practice. In Benin, the queens, royal dukes (Oba's younger sons/brothers) appointed to rule other towns and provinces & their duchesses do same in public ceremonies, their lips, teeth or laughter are supposed to be hidden.

Examples of such royal prince dukes sent to rule provinces were Prince Iginuwa sent to rule Warri. He's now called Olu of Warri, Prince Ado who was sent to rule as Eleko of Eko but is now called Oba of Lagos. There are several other Obis, ovies and so on that began as prince dukes sent from Benin to rule territories in imperial times.
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by boolum: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Grt benin

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by walosky(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
ewons1:
Ehenede the crown prince(now the Oba of Benin) is an educated fellow........so i expect him to marry both tradition and westernzation together for the common good of the Edo people..................I miss benin-city;a town i grew up in had lots of friends.It has transformed though during my last trip there to see my parents but alot still need to be done so as to change her from her current status as a glorified civil servant state solely depending on salary and western union business coutesy of indigenes living in different parts of the world.........Long Live The King!!!
But is it true that the Oba would not see his son till he dies according to tradition?
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by MadCow1: 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
ElSherriff:
See why some men just waank? bringing such children into this world is a waste of waist thrusts

You mean the Oba's birth was a waste of thrust of what? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You wanna get winched to death? undecided
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by ewons1(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
@walosky...............yes..it is true
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by MadCow1: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4380794_screenshot20161020092541_jpegbdf44828ebfd9ebdf62a864078f15cb0

Why are they holding his hands?

I have seen this in the Ashanti tradition, but they do it because the King is wearing so much gold, Niggas need to help him stand up under the weight of all that bling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by jossy4joseph(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
OreoPaschal:

They cover their mouth not nose. Its part of the royal dressing
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by clevadani: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
he just confirmed that he is a direct descendant of Oduduwa. All case closed.

1 Like

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Lewisj(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
That's a great name. May your reign be great and blessed. Oba Ghat'o pere, isee
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by einsteino(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
DLondonboiy:
God bless the oba of Benin...

If only he can draw Edo people closer to the almighty God.....but ritual will not let them see road.

too bad..

what is this one saying..
Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by Shymm3xx: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Anyway, the Oba of Bini needs to join his brothers at the council of Yoruba kings cos without Olokun and other Yoruba gods, the coronation wouldn't have happened. And I clearly saw pictures of Olokun worship on the coronation thread from yesterday.

The King shouldn't be a prodigal son. He needs to come back home.

Great people with rich history/tradition. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" by lonelydora: 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
OreoPaschal:

Most times juju is transmitted through fart.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage / A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names / To Maintain The Rolls-Royce Of The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi: See What It Takes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.