Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? (1216 Views)

Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? / My new Date Is 5 inch below my shoulder, does the height difference matter? / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Sweetle(f): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
By Juliet Ebirim

When it comes to marriage, do age differences really matter or should love prevail over all? What has age got to do with who you fall in love with and get married to?We sought the views of some celebrities on this sensitive but very important issue and here are their responses. Excerpts… Age is just a number

– Angela Okorie, Actress

It doesn’t matter. Age is just a number. All that matters is that they love each other. A lady can marry a man who’s older or younger than her. A man can also marry a woman who’s older or younger than him. What really matters is that they love and understand each other. Men ought to be older

– Sandra Ifudu, Singer

When it comes to marriage and relationships, age is no longer a number! The men are supposed to be older than the women. I’m sure that’s how God wants it, because he created Adam before Eve. It’s really awkward for a woman to marry a younger guy. Personally, my husband should be way older than I am. That way, I will love and respect him more. Look before you leap

– Imelda J, Singer

Even if the man has to be younger, the difference doesn’t have to be much, say about 2-3 years younger than the woman. And 5-7 years difference when the woman is younger than the man. For security reasons and a long lasting marriage, the gap shouldn’t be too much between the man and the woman. It’s always better for the man to be older than the woman, because if the reverse is the case, a lot of factors might not be able to stand the test of time. They might say love is all that matters, but when reality hits, everything will easily fall apart. We should ‘shine our eyes very well’. Follow your heart and pray!

– Tope Tedela, Actor

Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Sweetle(f): 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
It’s a matter of perspective. It’s a case of what rocks your boat. I’ve seen marriages where the man is older and the marriage is supposedly in shambles.. On the other hand, I’ve also seen marriages where the woman is older than the man and they are seemingly happy. So, I don’t think there’s any hard and fast rule. Follow your heart and pray! It matters a lot

– Yetunde Bakare, Actress

Age difference matters a lot because Nigerian men are complicated. Even when he’s older than you and you happe to be more successful, there’ll be issues of ego and respect. He’ll complain about unnecessary things. If there’s a misunderstanding, he’ll say it’s because you’re older than him. He’ll always remind you that he’s the man and the lady will always feel awkward. Even if he’s understanding, what about the people around him? That’s why these days, a lot of girls prefer to reduce their age in order to find their match. Some guys will even take advantage when they know you’re older. They’ll exploit the lady because they believe she’s desperate for marraige. So in most cases, it doesn’t work in Nigeria.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/age-difference-matter-marriage/

lalasticlala

Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by UrennaNkoli(f): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Na nigerians dey carry age difference for head. Its not a big deal.
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Sweetle(f): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Na nigerians dey carry age difference for head. Its not a big deal.

Either way I don't think it would be okay for the age difference to be too much. For instance why should a woman be say 7 years older than her husband? Something like 2-3 years should be fine.
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Nightie(f): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ask Northerners undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Rexhenrex(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
once had this g.f 6yrs older than me so op if i was ur bro and told you i would like to marry her you will not see anything wrong init??
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
Rexhenrex:
once had this g.f 6yrs older than me so op if i was ur bro and told you i would like to marry her you will not see anything wrong init??

So where is she now? Why it didn't work out?
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Rexhenrex(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
TrapQueen77:

So where is she now? Why it didn't work out?
just for the fun we are still close paddies but she also know i can't marry her jeez she and out first born are mates like wtf
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by morayo3: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
It matters a lot to deserve RESPECT
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
For me age matters especially if a woman is way older than a man.
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Rexhenrex:
just for the fun we are still close paddies but she also know i can't marry her jeez she and out first born are mates like wtf

Oohh okies cheesy it means u really never loved her...
Re: Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? by Rexhenrex(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Oohh okies cheesy it means u really never loved her...
its far from that i loved her wasn't easy to let go why date her wen i know i can't marry her its crazy

(1) (Reply)

Married Woman, Lover Gets Stuck While Committing Adultery [video] / Kiss Your Wife Joor - Mercy Johnson Tells Her Husband (video) / Deleted post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.