Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) (17753 Views)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Attended Government Schools In The 90s. / Pictures You Can Relate To In A Nigerian Secondary School (Hilarious pics) / Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by ringi82(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2016
I rep class of 2004/Law. All what op said appears strange to me cause non of it existed in our time. It was survival of the fittest then, it was the period when unilorin still had a minicampus at taiwo road ( den of cultists) where art and commercial students are based and the permanent site where the mostly science undergraduates stay, except for a few faculties like law. Faculty of education later joined. Minicampus which was a temporary site was the bubbling campus for organized parties and shows while the permanent site is where you find the SU's, the religious bigots and the bookworms.
Then, if you don't buy lecturers handouts just prepare yourself for carryovers. Getting accommodation was a tug of war. Bed spaces were sold in black market for as high as 20k for a room of 4 and 6k for a room of 8., not to mention those who 'colonize' with you in the night ( you wake up in the midnight and find strangers sleeping beside you!). It was extremely tough then but it was fun. Believe me you will never remain the same when you pass through unilorin in those years (1998/2004 sets). SUG was very active then. I could write a thousand page book about life in unilorin in those early days.

2 Likes

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by jidxin(m): 8:51am On Oct 21, 2016
u also forgot d security at d gate....no id card get off frm d cab nd go bk home or u just hide nd start praying for dem not to stop ur cab

1 Like

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by jidxin(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=ringi82 post=50382953]I rep class of 2004/Law. All what op said appears strange to me cause non of it existed in our time. It was survival of the fittest then, it was the period when unilorin still had a minicampus at taiwo road ( den of cultists) where art and commercial students are based and the permanent site where the mostly science undergraduates stay, except for a few faculties like law. Faculty of education later joined. Minicampus which was a temporary site was the bubbling campus for organized parties and shows while the permanent site is where you find the SU's, the religious bigots and the bookworms.
Then, if you don't buy lecturers handouts just prepare yourself for carryovers. Getting accommodation was a tug of war. Bed spaces were sold in black market for as high as 20k for a room of 4 and 6k for a room of 8., not to mention those who 'colonize' with you in the night ( you wake up in the midnight and find strangers sleeping beside you!). It was extremely tough then but it was fun. Believe me you will never remain the same when you pass through unilorin in those years (1998/2004 sets). SUG was very active then. I could write a thousand page book about life in unilorin in those early days.
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by jidxin(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2016
ringi82:
I rep class of 2004/Law. All what op said appears strange to me cause non of it existed in our time. It was survival of the fittest then, it was the period when unilorin still had a minicampus at taiwo road ( den of cultists) where art and commercial students are based and the permanent site where the mostly science undergraduates stay, except for a few faculties like law. Faculty of education later joined. Minicampus which was a temporary site was the bubbling campus for organized parties and shows while the permanent site is where you find the SU's, the religious bigots and the bookworms.
so u re wlready 12yrs at d bar

1 Like

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Mopricelezz(f): 9:10am On Oct 21, 2016
Oh I can totally relate... Proudly a better by far alumna....
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2016
That booking of bed space got me, unilorin fit give person high Bp wen booking bed space.
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Propene: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2016
lexiconkabir:
12.) After you waited for long at the park for school bus, then "professor" ojo comes to announce that no more school bus for the day, and you are having just 20naira with you.

Good memories. I can picture the face of professor Ojo. I was there last week saturday, Just to take a break from the busy life of Lagos, it felt like I travelled to the Caribbean for holiday. visiting ilorin for that short weekend is one of my pleasurable moment this year.

New constructions and development in unilorin.

2 Likes

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by ayokunlei(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2016
98% true grin
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Alexk2(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2016
I can relate with all of that except that Mr. Ojo hasnt been "honoured" with professorship when i was there. I patronize the school bus and SUG small buses like seriously...proudly unilorite; better by far far

1 Like

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2016
Alexk2:
I can relate with all of that except that Mr. Ojo hasnt been "honoured" with professorship when i was there. I patronize the school bus and SUG small buses like seriously...proudly unilorite; better by far far

you mean "korope"?

2 Likes

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by damilareoye: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2016
grin grin

So on point...... That exam hall must be EDLT cheesy

Professor OJO to those on stand inside the bus - - "e gbe sumo ra yin" cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Harzan(m): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2016
Graduated 2011. I can relate to most of it but not Prof Ojo.
I hear of the numerous face lift in d infrastructure of the school.
Need to have a visit soon mehnnn.

2 Likes

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 21, 2016
damilareoye:
grin grin

So on point...... That exam hall must be EDLT cheesy

Professor OJO to those on stand inside the bus - - "e gbe sumo ra yin" cheesy

lol grin how could i have forgotten this "gbe sumo!"

I start thinking my life when i realise that the only space left is to stand...chai!!

1 Like

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by ringi82(m): 10:53am On Oct 21, 2016
jidxin:
so u re wlready 12yrs at d bar
Yep, and still counting. Are you an alumni from same faculty?
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by harjokeh26(f): 10:59am On Oct 21, 2016
proudly an alumni of the better by far university........ I remember how professor Ojo used to call me then....SKELEWU
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2016
harjokeh26:
proudly an alumni of the better by far university........ I remember how professor Ojo used to call me then....SKELEWU

lol, you were also called skelewu by ojo grin

1 Like

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by jidxin(m): 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
ringi82:

Yep, and still counting. Are you an alumni from same faculty?
yea sure ...but I need a job oooo... finished 2014
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by donefezy: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
@OP your head dey there
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by pappythinko(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kudos to the poster of this funny but beneficial experience at the "better by far'' university........ This has brought to me a feeling of nostalgia and there is the sudden persuasion to just go back and have a feel of my alma mater once again. Love UNILORIN LIKE MOFEDAKU. REPn THE class of 2011. Sociology department. BIG UPS TO ALL THE UNILORITES ON HERE. LOVE YÓU ALL.
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by olutoyiin: 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
Very correct op forgot to talk about dress code and the fact that you could just be walking on walk way one day only to see the picture of your roommate wearing graduation gown lol. Ishaq Oloyede I hail.This your jamb appointment fit u
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by tinkdoll(f): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
Plus how you get to jump on trucks due to transportation problems
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by BANGERLEE1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
FriendChoice:
I can only relate to number 16. All the other ones don't happen 2 my university. My school na new 1.
na who ask you this one wey you dey talk??
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by BANGERLEE1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
OP nice one...... you forgot about dress code and issue of ID CARD...lol
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by olu1759(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
That ojo man still de?that's LT1 hall,the space in between u guys will be like a half plot of land
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Alexk2(m): 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
lexiconkabir:

you mean "korope"?

Exactly
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Untainted007: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
Oyindaberry:
Professor Ojo, I boarded the school bus all cause of his jokes then. Lol

Fellow better by far. I rep BSS (Sociology) 2009 set

1 Like

Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Bimpe29: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
UNILORIN is forever better by far.
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
Bimpe29:
UNILORIN is forever better by far.
graduated from unilorin?
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by pterson(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
lexiconkabir:
16.) What the exam hall look like;

This is LAUTECH SIFAX Hall. I received my 100 level lectures there.
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Pgent1(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
omo that school na stress....You just said it all man.....class of 2015
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by jbjustice(m): 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
What is unilorites ?
Re: 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) by Velounie(f): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
I can so relate to all those pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Okays 65-year Retirement Age For Teachers / ASUU: FG Lied, We Didn’t Reach Agreement To Suspend Strike Dec 9 / 5 Types Of People You'll Find In A Student Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.