Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) (62543 Views)

Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine / See The Keke That Was Produced By A Boy In Aba(photod) / 16-Year-Old Onitsha Boy Manufactures Stove That Uses Battery Or Charcoal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by chiefolododo(m): 3:20am On Oct 21, 2016
I Dont believe in this
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Kazrem(m): 3:52am On Oct 21, 2016
They will not see this to support. Where is our minister of science and technology?
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by LorDBolton(m): 4:19am On Oct 21, 2016
How much is a litre of kerosene presently?

Sorry but our great Igbo and indeed nigerian inventors as a whole need to continue pushing themselves the the limit so as to create even more energy efficient yet CHEAP devices.

Nice one tho

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 21, 2016
YourNemesis:
Cassava leaf? chaai. What do Igbos gain from lying for christ sake
Is this not the popular Kike Green stove that is all over West Africa from Abidjan to Lagos?

http://www.kikegreenstoves.org/product

This stove runs on A product called Biogel , and not some silly Cassava leaves
The biogel is poured into the cannister in the stove, and the stove then runs on it

We bought this stove about 2yrs ago but it's not fast, you have to wait for about 1hr before u can cook small pot of rice

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by rhemiza(m): 5:00am On Oct 21, 2016
This is great, if we continue inventing and we become producing country not depending on other countries for technology, our naira(#) will gain more value. Nigeria should appreciate and encourage Nigeria made goods.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by xross(m): 5:02am On Oct 21, 2016
Plasmbob1:
It's a welcome development. This is beautiful.

Beautiful until they start manufacturing fake ones.

am not shy
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by billyG(m): 5:14am On Oct 21, 2016
A good move but Y cassava leaves?casssava leaves wey scare pass fuel,y not grasses?no body shld invade my cassava farm oo!
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by MSItachi: 5:15am On Oct 21, 2016
I just love Igbos.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by mfm04622: 5:23am On Oct 21, 2016
I am sorry to burst people's pride, but this is an OLD technology! We had one like that when I was a child. So, it was not invented in Aba. Also, I have come across many companies trying to reintroduced it to the market. Happy this one is being made in Nigeria, but see nothing special in this
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by saintneo(m): 5:28am On Oct 21, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

Many of you will do better if you just shun hate and sentiments.
The tribalism is not hidden.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by saintneo(m): 5:29am On Oct 21, 2016
Plasmbob1:

Sadist! Tribalist!
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 5:38am On Oct 21, 2016
henryanna36:
Aba is like the China of Nigeria.According to information shared on social media by Eastern Telegraph,a made in Aba bio fuel is currently in the market.The stove obtains its fuel from cassava leaf.Below is what Eastern Telegraph shared....

'A smart bio fuel stove, fabricated in the commercial city of Aba in South East Nigeria has made a rousing market entrance.

The chairman of the Agricultural Innovation Platform, Kalu Ichie Kalu who spoke at the Innovation Platform Workshop in Keffi on Thursday, October 20, 2016, which was organised by the Agricultural Transformation Support Programme, phase one (ATASP-1) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development described the product as "an credible alternative to kerosene, firewood and gas."

"It's clean energy. One of the innovation in the stove is that 100% of the raw materials are locally-sourced, while the fuel is made from cassava leaf. The price of the stove is N5, 500, while a litre of the fuel is N200. A litre of the fuel burns for 6 hours."

The challenge is that production is still manual, so they will need "support to mechanise our production processes and produce like 25,000 litres per day" Uche said'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/aba-people-produce-made-in-aba-bio.html
Green stove,green energy-impressive.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:55am On Oct 21, 2016
phreakabit:

Shut up you prejudiced fool.
Its your Yoruba brothers that hate on us, we simply defend ourselves.

bilazego:

Your tribe are the greatest haters and blames everyone else except yourselves. stop associating ibos with hate.

saintneo:
The tribalism is not hidden.

What is the exact reason for your pains?

I have said what applies to my heart, you can throw insults for all I care. But I have met igbos who are better than you all here.

N di ara!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by electrokcoi(m): 6:02am On Oct 21, 2016
i know gworo eaters and afonjas will never like this one
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Kirinwa: 6:39am On Oct 21, 2016
That's a good one.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Kirinwa: 6:43am On Oct 21, 2016
electrokcoi:
i know gworo eaters and afonjas will never like this one

What you sow is what you reap. I have met some Yoruba and Hausa people who were nice to me and helped meet my needs.

Life can be better with love.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ejanla07: 6:46am On Oct 21, 2016
gorgeousfm:

Tribe and sentiments aside, I love igbos.

They are truly the China of not just our country, Nigeria, but the entire Africa.

Some day, we shall overcome all the obstacles of hate, tribe, religion, politics and live as brothers.

cc: verygudbadguy

live as neighbors.... not brothers.

we aint
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ejanla07: 6:46am On Oct 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

You mean INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF AFONJA --- IPAF

you mean SAP. SLAVE AFONJA PEOPLE..
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by ancientbanana: 6:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Plasmbob1:

are u an afonja?
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ejanla07: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2016
yemaldo:

We bought this stove about 2yrs ago but it's not fast, you have to wait for about 1hr before u can cook small pot of rice

picture of ur stove with October paper or.

u kno d rest
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by ancientbanana: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2016
Nigerians are in hate.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2016
Please don't ruin this thread with tribal bigotry. This is a very commendable innovation from our Igbo brothers. If only the state and federal Govt will look this way and harness the full potential of it
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2016
elsomm:

Talking like a friend... onye ire abuo
it seems u knw these c*unts so well
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 21, 2016
ancientbanana:
Nigerians are in hate.
the simple reason we must go our separate ways

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Oblang(m): 7:19am On Oct 21, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

Öne positive yoruba i've seen in a long time

Yoruba has always bin positive. Ur ppl actually make dem attack igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by persius555(m): 7:30am On Oct 21, 2016
Why are we not massively funding these innovative projects.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 7:31am On Oct 21, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

Fine gal wink
na fine gal you find come nairaland
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 21, 2016
This is an incredible innovation. Let's hope the government supports them in necessary ways.

Nice 1.
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Ecosystem4u: 7:33am On Oct 21, 2016
dorothy111:

If you're believed that the fuel was made in Nigeria, then I salute you!
Go back 2 skul n learn d use of English language. Stop disgracing ur already downthroden Afonja republic. Silly jobless ilitrate!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Excuzeme: 7:33am On Oct 21, 2016
LorDBolton:
How much is a litre of kerosene presently?

Sorry but our great Igbo and indeed nigerian inventors as a whole need to continue pushing themselves the the limit so as to create even more energy efficient yet CHEAP devices.

Nice one tho

It is #185 per Liter for Kerosine

The 'fuel' for this Aba stove is #200.

So, economically, it does not make sense.

It Bio-Fuel is also not readily available (God help you if fuel finishes in the middle of cooking your beans, na so you go chop am like Dilector Kanu in Kudje Prison! grin grin )

The fuel is made from cassava leaves! That is competition for the Goats and Cows whose feed is made from such leaves

To cap it all, this is not an invention, this 'idea' has been around for at least three years

Well, it is like those who say they can power/run their vehicle on WATER!
If the idea makes you "feel good", no matter how economically foolish it is, then keep fanning your ego.

No be only China of Aba, na Aba of China.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Excuzeme: 7:36am On Oct 21, 2016
Ejanla07:

live as neighbors.... not brothers.

we aint

Dont mind that clown!

Imagine him comparing "real humans" to "Ape-flattys"! grin grin

Broda koo, Animal nii. undecided undecided
Re: Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) by Okudiover(m): 7:39am On Oct 21, 2016
grin grin grin On behalf of the Name Checkers Association (Aba branch) I want to say that I am proudly 5% and even proudlier 20 pounds.

Hunger no go kill us, the hustling is real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Giant Alligator Strolling Across Florida Golf (Photos, Video) / Woman Killed By Lion During Sex In Zimbabwe / Two-Headed Southern Black Racer Snake Found In Florida (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.