Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory (47268 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Ehisod(m): 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
O man does it always have to be about this? How has giving our lives to Jesus which is a very common practice with us helped us? The whites did not give us Jesus to help us it was for his own benefit. Wake up and smell the coffee. While we are busy waiting for God and Jesus Christ to come and help us out of our self made predicament, they are forging ahead with science and technology.

Dreal11247:
The first Oba to become a true born again through giving his life to Christ Jesus. Congratulations in advance.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by xolomonstrides(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

The Obaship of Benin is a dynasty, this dynasty descended from Oduduwa through Oranmiyan via Eweka the first.

dy·nas·ty
ˈdīnəstē/
noun
noun: dynasty; plural noun: dynasties

a line of hereditary rulers of a country.
"the Tang dynasty"
synonyms: bloodline, line, ancestral line, lineage, house, family, ancestry, descent, succession, genealogy, family tree;

Eweka was the love child between Oranmiyan and the Bini woman. Now listen well, it is a dynasty, OK? Dynasty. The Obaship of Benin is a dynasty descended from Oduduwa.

The Benin royal family hails from Ile-Ife and it is a dynasty.

“The Ekiokpagha treaty is the compulsory rent a new Oba-elect must pay before he is pronounced an Oba of Benin kingdom and before he is also allowed occupation of the Benin kingdom leased to Oba Eweka 1 by Ogiamien Erebo in 12.00AD.”

You are right about the oba dynasty originating from ife, replacing the ogiso dynasty in igodomigodo( old name for bini) but before you go further so that no one gets confused by this post,have you asked yourself where oduduwa came from? Heaven___mythology, mecca___Yoruba historians, Benin___ Benin historians. Now act as a learned person, read the three accounts and let common sense guide you in choosing what to believe.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by MrPresident1: 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
xolomonstrides:

You are right about the oba dynasty originating from ife, replacing the ogiso dynasty in igodomigodo( old name for bini) but before you go further so that no one gets confused by this post,have you asked yourself where oduduwa came from? Heaven___mythology, mecca___Yoruba historians, Benin___ Benin historians. Now act as a learned person, read the three accounts and let common sense guide you in choosing what to believe.

Oduduwa is a code, there was never anbody called Oduduwa, it is all mythology. Here is the breakdown

Oduduwa is the codename for a mass of ancient Israelites who arrived this present location from the middle east. Oduduwa, typically represented as a woman in the mythology, is the wife of God, or Israel who fell into idolatry and as a consequence was driven away from heaven, heaven being again the code word for leadership and world rulership.

So Oduduwa who fell from heaven is how the ancients coded the fact of history that the Yoruba are ancient Israelites.

It is all written in the Bible cheesy
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by enomakos(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
bokohalal:
Am I the only one that thinks that he look like Oba Akenzua 11 in that picture?
you are right
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by xolomonstrides(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

Oduduwa is a code, there was never anbody called Oduduwa, it is all mythology. Here is the breakdown

Oduduwa is the codename for a mass of ancient Israelites who arrived this present location from the middle east. Oduduwa, typically represented as a woman in the mythology, is the wife of God, or Israel who fell into idolatry and as a consequence was driven away from heaven, heaven being again the code word for leadership and world rulership.

So Oduduwa who fell from heaven is how the ancients coded the fact of history that the Yoruba are ancient Israelites.

It is all written in the Bible cheesy

"The Obaship of Benin is a dynasty, this dynasty descended from Oduduwa through Oranmiyan via Eweka the first."

Self Contradictory.... We are talking history you are talking about mythology and fiction. Who told you oduduwa never existed. You mentioned oramiyan yet you would disregard his grandfather. Tell this people that their father never existed -----alaafin of Oyo, alaketu of ketu, orangun of ila, olupopo of Popo, Onisabe of Sabe, Alara of Ara, Owa Obokun Ajibogun of Ijesaland.. If am correct that their forefather never existed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
chydii:
His three wivies won't still be enough for him. He will still look outside.
must u display ur naivity online
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by evansjeff(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
Born2Breed:

Oba leaves the Palace and has done so on several occasions before his demise, even his father Oba Akenzua did same but it must be for a very IMPORTANT issue.
I'll have to confirm that then...but of my almost three decades in this kingdom I've never heard of that, maybe I missed it anyway but I doubt...if you can be of help, just remind me of some of the places the last Oba visited. Thanks
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by rubyradiance(f): 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
AuroraB:
Ogidigan
Like, onijagidijagan undecided
Please, someone, anyone, help me with the meaning sad
Ogidigan=== The Great

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by psp2pc(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
people playing with una destinies
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by chydii(f): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
peterpen:

must u display ur naivity online
Must you display your stupidity by quoting me?
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by ceejay4real(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
Smoke2015:
Pictured below is His Royal Highness Eheneden Erediauwa, now known henceforth as Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan.

The former crown Prince of Benin was crowned Oba today.

Coincidentally today is the birthday of the new King. Oba Eheneden Erediauwa was born on October 20, 1953 and became Oba of Benin on October 20, 2016. See more beautiful photos of his three wives, other dignitaries at the event below:

http://mojidelano.com/2016/10/behold-the-39th-oba-of-benin-in-his-regal-gloryup-close-photo/

Photo credit: Tolani Alli

How I wish Monarchy could be abolished in Nigeria. They are just useless and a part of our problem as a modern nation state. NONSENSE! Spits on thread!
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by mickool(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2016
The new oba, Oba Ewuare ll, has corrected the mistake that he is the 40th Oba not 39th.
Oba ghato kpere ise eee...
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by sukkot: 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
4nobody4every1:
True, all powers in heaven, earth and beneath the earth belongs to Jah and his servants, all other powers are beggarly powers wink
JAH walk with me brethren. nuff times him tak to me and whatnot rasta. aireee man. rassclatttt cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Fourwinds: 6:27am On Oct 22, 2016
chydii:
His three wivies won't still be enough for him. He will still look outside.
what is wrong with u... he may before but not now
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 22, 2016
please can someone enlighten me on the difference between Esama and Oba of Benin
which one is higher than the other?
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2016
dragonking3:
Oba of Benin is from south south.. Pele, am sure you feel saddened that your ooni is no where near the oba of Benin

Must u start this your foolishness @the slightest given opportunity? just take yourself to sports section where u can begin to argue till u doze off...as if na championship competition una nor go let person rest again Bini vs Yoruba everyday angry

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 22, 2016
jordanriverz:
please can someone enlighten me on the difference between Esama and Oba of Benin

The Esama is a chief functioning under the Oba as a father figure to the people with certain responsibilities of assisting the poor n needy.Oba is the ruler,king of the entire Edo people traditionally & spiritually Head and leader of the Edo people worldwide.So the Oba is way higher than the Esama who is chief

btw u got mad curves tho couldn't help but spy on ya' dp cheesy cheesy
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by MrPresident1: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2016
LordAdam:

Bring your proof that Yoruba was the official language of the Bini palace until 1939?

By proof I mean the quote of a venerated historian, excerpt from a book, or a verifiable online resource.

-Lord

First tell me the meaning of 'Ogidigan'
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2016
dairykidd:

The Esama is a chief functioning under the Oba as a father figure to the people with certain responsibilities of assisting the poor n needy.Oba is the ruler,king of the entire Edo people traditionally & spiritually Head and leader of the Edo people worldwide.So the Oba is way higher than the Esama who is chief

btw u got mad curves tho couldn't help but spy on ya' dp cheesy cheesy
lol..... thanks
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2016
O0ni:
The Ooni is starting to piss me off.

This same Bini kingdom never sent the crown prince nor did the king show up for the Ooni's coronation in Ife.

Yet, over the fact that he's just bored or has a problem with sitting in his palace, he has somehow managed to find his way to Bini just to appear in the news and hang out with Fulani kings.

Meanwhile, Junior but heavy weight kings in Yoruba land like Alaafin & Co were not there. Not even Owo king & Eleko, thrones with Bini influence, were there.

angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the people our kingmakers crown are the reason people are considering the Oba of Benin throne is higher than the Ooni throne

but then Asa ti baje tan, when an Ooni says "Jesus is my father" you know there's something wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2016
macof:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the people our kingmakers crown are the reason people are considering the Oba of Benin throne is higher than the Ooni throne

but then Asa ti baje tan, when an Ooni says "Jesus is my father" you know there's something wrong

As in ehn, I just don't like Mr. Ogunwusi right now.

There are many subordinates within and outside Ife he could have sent.

I'm done with that man abeg.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2016
xolomonstrides:

The mecca claim was invented by Muslims in Oyo, It's not a yoruba thing. The coming from heaven is a myth of creation not historical...this oduduwa is an Ebora (spirit) sometimes personified as a woman

but we are talking about the oduduwa who was a king not a spirit
ife traditions which include coronation rites, shrine sites, popular sayings among others points to Oke-Ora as oduduwa's origin
Infact an Ife historian - Eluyemi claims "Atewonro"( descending on a chain) is reference to Oduduwa descending from Ora hill... not from heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
evansjeff:
I'll have to confirm that then...but of my almost three decades in this kingdom I've never heard of that, maybe I missed it anyway but I doubt...if you can be of help, just remind me of some of the places the last Oba visited. Thanks
going past the last Oba. . Oba Akenzua welcomed the queen of England outside the palace
he was also travelling out of Benin for the Western Nigeria council of chiefs headed by Ooni Aderemi before the mid west was created

traditionally the oba of Benin led wars. ..until Oba ehengbuda was injured and had to be restricted in the palace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Ubenedictus(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2016
MrPresident1:

Provide the etymology of the word in Bini.

'Ogidigan' is Yoruba, everyone knows what 'Ogidigan' means in Yoruba grin

Up till 1939, Yoruba was the official language of the palace in Benin
Ogidigan is benin for great. the palace doesnt speak benin! Not now or in d 1900, d Benin tongue is considered sacred in benin, an oba wouldnt speak yoruba, it will be like eating animal feed to him.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
jordanriverz:
lol..... thanks
You're welcome dear
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Ubenedictus(m): 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
evansjeff:
The oba goes out but it is very rare, obas used to fight battles in d olden day.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Justiceleague1: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
martineinstein:
odianosen!
*SPITSSSS
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by martineinstein(m): 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
Whats ya problem?
Justiceleague1:

*SPITSSSS
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Born2Breed(f): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
jordanriverz:

Esama is a title given to any Benin man found worthy and wealthy. It's not hereditary just like the Iyase.
The present Esama was given the title by the present Oba's grand father Late Oba Akenzua.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by ImperialYoruba: 11:13am On Dec 04, 2016
The 40th Oba of Bini!
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by xolomonstrides(m): 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
macof:

The mecca claim was invented by Muslims in Oyo, It's not a yoruba thing. The coming from heaven is a myth of creation not historical...this oduduwa is an Ebora (spirit) sometimes personified as a woman

but we are talking about the oduduwa who was a king not a spirit
ife traditions which include coronation rites, shrine sites, popular sayings among others points to Oke-Ora as oduduwa's origin
Infact an Ife historian - Eluyemi claims "Atewonro"( descending on a chain) is reference to Oduduwa descending from Ora hill... not from heaven

So ora hill is where he was manufactured? Except you want to tell me he is no human. Google "oduduwa Bini version" then compare with the Yoruba version then apply common sense. Then choose which one to believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Ajoke Badirat Adeyemi Celebrates Her Son's 4th Birthday (Photos) / 'Happy Birthday' In Igbo? / Oba Of Benin, His Youngest Wife, Queen Aisosa & Their Set Of Quadruplets (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.