Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory (47892 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
xolomonstrides:

So ora hill is where he was manufactured? Except you want to tell me he is no human. Google "oduduwa Bini version" then compare with the Yoruba version then apply common sense. Then choose which one to believe.
manufactured biti bawo? ahah, take it easy.

do not let random online articles u are directed to by google be ur teacher.. seek reliable sources

oduduwa is from ok-ora...in today's Ido-Osun town, at the outskirts of Ile-ife
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by xolomonstrides(m): 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
macof:
manufactured biti bawo? ahah, take it easy.

do not let random online articles u are directed to by google be ur teacher.. seek reliable sources

oduduwa is from ok-ora...in today's Ido-Osun town, at the outskirts of Ile-ife
Your source or you dey there when dem born am. Every sane person knows that google is a body of knowledge. Where else do you want me to get information from. Make I travel back In time. Another thing do the people of ido-osun have it in their history that he came from there? Just asking while I verify your claim using the same Google and Wikipedia. Quiet ironic.... Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
xolomonstrides:

Your source or you dey there when dem born am. Every sane person knows that google is a body of knowledge. Where else do you want me to get information from. Make I travel back In time. Another thing do the people of ido-osun have it in their history that he came from there? Just asking while I verify your claim using the same Google and Wikipedia. Quiet ironic.... Peace
i didnt say google or wikipedia is not good. however you would be fooling yourself to believe every article u find on the internet. that is basically not the best place to learn yoruba history
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by xolomonstrides(m): 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
macof:
i didnt say google or wikipedia is not good. however you would be fooling yourself to believe every article u find on the internet. that is basically not the best place to learn yoruba history

Well I am learned, and that is why I said read different versions, apply common sense then choose the one you want to believe.
Now the topic is not about the Yoruba but the bini people. The history we are discussing is not the history of Yoruba but of the Bini people. The story of oduduwa only came up because he is common to the two tribes. I am open to new knowledge. So I ask again name your own source of information. This would help us learn more. As for me I say, reasonable people know how to filter internet information. I can deduce from your write up that you are one. So State your source. If you have no verifiable one, then I recommend mine( google, Wikipedia and common sense)
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
xolomonstrides:

Well I am learned, and that is why I said read different versions, apply common sense then choose the one you want to believe.
Now the topic is not about the Yoruba but the bini people. The history we are discussing is not the history of Yoruba but of the Bini people. The story of oduduwa only came up because he is common to the two tribes. I am open to new knowledge. So I ask again name your own source of information. This would help us learn more. As for me I say, reasonable people know how to filter internet information. I can deduce from your write up that you are one. So State your source. If you have no verifiable one, then I recommend mine( google, Wikipedia and common sense)

I've already cited Eluyemi and the mentioned the Ooni coronation rites. I don't know what source you are looking for again

The coronation rites in bini have nothing to do with the Ogiso or Ekaladerhan...ask yourself why? if the oba of Benin is of the same line
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by xolomonstrides(m): 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
macof:

I've already cited Eluyemi and the mentioned the Ooni coronation rites. I don't know what source you are looking for again

The coronation rites in bini have nothing to do with the Ogiso or Ekaladerhan...ask yourself why? if the oba of Benin is of the same line

Are you from Benin? Because I am . we are discussing one thing( the origin of oduduwa) you are jumping from one topic to another. Who is talking about the ogiso dynasty. We are asking a simple question you are jumping to another topic to avoid the initial subject. I will not stay here and begin to explain the Bini origin from ogiso to the oba era. If you are educated enough go and read. And stop giving us unverifiable sources. If you state a source tell the person to go and confirm. you are not talking to a zombie you know. When we are talking like intellectuals, give responses like an intellectual.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by xolomonstrides(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
macof:

Am sorry we got to this point. I just dug Dipper and discovered that you have had the same discussion with one orikinla in 2014 here on nairaland. So I would just be wasting my time. If you refused to study then I dont think you would now. If you would say Wikipedia is rubbish( from your actions) then let it continue to be rubbish to you. Those who value knowledge would throw sentiment away and seek it.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
xolomonstrides:

Am sorry we got to this point. I just dug Dipper and discovered that you have had the same discussion with one orikinla in 2014 here on nairaland. So I would just be wasting my time. If you refused to study then I dont think you would now. If you would say Wikipedia is rubbish( from your actions) then let it continue to be rubbish to you. Those who value knowledge would throw sentiment away and seek it.

Where did I say wikipedia is rubbish? damn! Abeg if you cannot read and understand carry your lack of comprehension and leave my mentions
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by macof(m): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
xolomonstrides:

Are you from Benin? Because I am . we are discussing one thing( the origin of oduduwa) you are jumping from one topic to another. Who is talking about the ogiso dynasty. We are asking a simple question you are jumping to another topic to avoid the initial subject. I will not stay here and begin to explain the Bini origin from ogiso to the oba era. If you are educated enough go and read. And stop giving us unverifiable sources. If you state a source tell the person to go and confirm. you are not talking to a zombie you know. When we are talking like intellectuals, give responses like an intellectual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oduduwa

ok here's your source,

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Christistruth00: 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2018
xolomonstrides:

You are right about the oba dynasty originating from ife, replacing the ogiso dynasty in igodomigodo( old name for bini) but before you go further so that no one gets confused by this post,have you asked yourself where oduduwa came from? Heaven___mythology, mecca___Yoruba historians, Benin___ Benin historians. Now act as a learned person, read the three accounts and let common sense guide you in choosing what to believe.

According to ancient history Oduduwa did not travel from the east alone he came with the ancestors of the Kanuri"s of Borno ,and with the ancestors of the Gobir Hausa who were reputed to be his brothers and also the ancestors of the Bariba tribe. The Kanuri have an Oral history which confirms this relationship with Oduduwa the father of the Yoruba.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by banku: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
chydii:
His three wivies won't still be enough for him. He will still look outside.

Chydii, Chy, Chy

Na how many times I call you? You be one jealous lady o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Badirat Olaitan-adeyemi Donates To School For The Handicap In Oyo (photos) / ‘Amadioha With Swag’ - Dancing Masquerade Thrills Spectators With Dance Skills / Isoko Names And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.