Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down (18453 Views)

NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down / Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges / Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 22, 2016
The head of crooks sheilding its members. The sensible thing is for the judges to step down till they are cleared. Who will trust the judgement of a judge currently under investigation? The judicial arm will soon lose the remaing shred of confidence people have in it. Bunch of crooks.

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by otukpo(f): 5:52am On Oct 22, 2016
The lawyers are at war.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by freeze001(f): 6:31am On Oct 22, 2016
Martins301:
The head of crooks sheilding its members. The sensible thing is for the judges to step down till they are cleared. Who will trust the judgement of a judge currently under investigation? The judicial arm will soon lose the remaing shred of confidence people have in it. Bunch of crooks.

There is no formal judicial investigation process against them please. This is because there is no petition before the NJC upon which findings of misconduct will require a directive to suspend or relieve the judges of their jobs.

The proper procedure is for the DSS, since they are the ones now investigating cases of professional misconduct of public officers, to file a petition against the Supreme Court justices and high court judges Adeniyi Ademola and Nnamdi Dimgba before the NJC. It is the NJC that can recommend their removal or suspension and that is when there is a clear case against them. The other 3 judges had already been removed and recommended for prosecution by the NJC.

If u ask every judge to step down for mere allegations on the pages of the papers then the courtrooms will close.

The Members of the public are hereby informed that the mechanism that will determine a Judicial Officer to be directed or requested to proceed on compulsory leave or be suspended from office, is a disciplinary power that NJC can only exercise after initiating disciplinary proceeding on the complaint or petition forwarded against the Judge, after he has been found culpable.
Therefore, to act on the recommendation of the NBA, it is not only contrary to the provisions of Section 158 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, but it means NJC will direct any Judicial Officer that has been petitioned even if the allegations contained therein are frivolous and baseless, to proceed on compulsory leave or be suspended from office without complying with the Rule of Law.

3 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Ibifizzleboy(m): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2016
Someone pls summarise for me
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by richidinho(m): 7:57am On Oct 22, 2016
kahal29:
I see Danger ahead.... Since NJC has constituted itself to another arm of Government I see a situation where PMB will refuse to forward the name of the next CJN they submitted to him to the Senate and ask NJC to send it to the Senate directly since they are now an arm of government. This would mean that by the time the present CJN Retires on the 10th of November we won't have a replacement and nobody to chair the NJC.

Smh for kids like this
So you dnt even know that NJC is the 3rd arm of govt?
And come here to argue with people?

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by fendorf(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2016
We keep observing
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 22, 2016
Lawyers Vs. Judges

oya fight!!!!

grin grin grin grin

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by lincsnuel: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2016
Yea
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by gurunlocker: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2016
See as Dullard and his Daura Secret Service dey bring confusion to our judiciary.... what a shame!

3 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2016
ganye1:

No, it is not okay but you must note that it is not possible to deal all criminals at the same. If this government cannot deal with some of the criminals the next government should do so. Meanwhile I am happy that some of them are being dealt with.
this government should purge itself first. governance and corruption fighting is beyond PDP campaign funds or planting evidence in the home of the honourable judges

3 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by oglalasioux(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2016
AirFireEarthH20:
NBA has been bribed by the executive. I'm very happy that NJC has refused to be intimidated.

Imagine the impunity of SSS to disgrace Justices of the Supreme Court just because they refused the biddings of Amaechi and his oga to rule in their favour.

They have used propaganda and lies to brainwashed the gullibles that only legislature and judiciary are corrupt but executive saints. If Lizard Amaechi and his oga are not suspended, no judge esp those of the Supreme Court Should be suspended. Nonsense

I agree with you.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2016
Martins301:
and we should trust a government harbouring fashola fayemi ameachi onu maman daura kyari buratai dambaxxau ... o serious

2 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2016
kahal29:
I see Danger ahead.... Since NJC has constituted itself to another arm of Government I see a situation where PMB will refuse to forward the name of the next CJN they submitted to him to the Senate and ask NJC to send it to the Senate directly since they are now an arm of government. This would mean that by the time the present CJN Retires on the 10th of November we won't have a replacement and nobody to chair the NJC.
illiterate

3 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by jegz25(m): 9:08am On Oct 22, 2016
Looking at some comments,honestly I would say we deserve d kind of Nigeria we get from these people.youths wake up

2 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Michel2013: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2016
kahal29:

why are u in hurry to expose your ignorance here? im sure you did not attend even secondary school otherwise you would be taught that there are three arms of govt: executive,legislative and judiciary. NJC represents the judiciary arm.

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Charly68: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2016
Ok we shall see how this drama will end. The NJC will be happy when they see their learned lordships in handcuffs being led to prison. Better they wake up now to do the needful. The people they are trying to protect has messed up their integrity on political meddlesomeness . The cash found in their homes give room for suspicion . Let them begin to quote the law in the face of Buhari's desperation to sanitise Nigeria's mess.

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nazacent: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2016
For it is God who works in me, to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. 100 likes for me, its my birthday palz

3 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2016
freeze001:

There is no formal judicial investigation process against them please. This is because there is no petition before the NJC upon which findings of misconduct will require a directive to suspend or relieve the judges of their jobs.

The proper procedure is for the DSS, since they are the ones now investigating cases of professional misconduct of public officers, to file a petition against the Supreme Court justices and high court judges Adeniyi Ademola and Nnamdi Dimgba before the NJC. It is the NJC that can recommend their removal or suspension and that is when there is a clear case against them. The other 3 judges had already been removed and recommended for prosecution by the NJC.

If u ask every judge to step down for mere allegations on the pages of the papers then the courtrooms will close.

Are you aware that the DSS has been filing such complaints in the past and the highest punishment they were receiving is recommendation for retirement WITH FULL BENEFITS. Please ehn I have lost hope in the youths of this country. I won't spend time debating this issue with you. You are free to keep hiding behind our useless constitution to defend thieves.

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by VERDA: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2016
kahal29:

Bro,the Judiciary is actually an independent arm of government or should be as enshrined in the constitution and hence not subject to the wimps and caprices of the executives,the NJC controls and regulate the judiciary so are independent.While i do not hold any brief for the accused judges,the SSS should have handled the situation better.The president doing what ur advocating will lead to a constitutional crisis which will bite him in the back.The country is already too unstable as it is.The constitution of the republic must guide every action .

2 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2016
Charly68:
Ok we shall see how this drama will end. The NJC will be happy when they see their learned lordships in handcuffs being led to prison. Better they wake up now to do the needful. The people they are trying to protect has messed up their integrity on political meddlesomeness . The cash found in their homes give room for suspicion . Let them begin to quote the law in the face of Buhari's desperation to sanitise Nigeria's mess.
Take them to court, the NJC will handle it from there. They better start saving for damages because they will have a lot to pay

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by chrisxxx(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2016
kahal29:
There is no other definition of anarchy.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2016
Martins301:

Are you aware that the DSS has been filing such complaints in the past and the highest punishment they were receiving is recommendation for retirement WITH FULL BENEFITS. Please ehn I have lost hope in the youths of this country. I won't spend time debating this issue with you. You are free to keep hiding behind our useless constitution to defend thieves.
Stop saying what you don't know, a judge was recommended for prosecution by the NJC about a few days before the NJC raid

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2016
80% of the NJC are judges, what do you expect?
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2016
chrisxxx:

There is no other definition of anarchy.
If there is no one to chair the NJC, they won't also have anyone to swear in a president on may 29 2019,Saraki will take over power for those days

2 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2016
adeniyisamuel59:
80% of the NJC are judges, what do you expect?
100% of the DSS report to buhari so what do you except

2 Likes

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Omeokachie: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2016
An attempt to unsurp the independence of the Judiciary. Gradually turn Buhari into a maximum ruler who controls and dictates to every arm of the government. Let due process prevail. Cutting corners and media trial will get the innocent punished for a crime not commited.

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by sabdaz: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2016
Every Oct 1st should be d day we should be mourning and blaming the British Colonial masters that freed Nigeria as a nation. Now we are too old, too large, to be adopted. Some will say democracy is the best. No be human beings design this constitution. Think about it, is military a bad idea here coz as far as I'm concerned, as long as power keep changing hands in this democratic era, na same same. Even if the head has good intentions just like Buhari. Make the world support am for 2 months as a dictator
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by freeze001(f): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2016
Martins301:

No, you are wrong. The DSS has never filed any complaints against the Supreme Court judges and Justices Ademola and Dimgba of the FHC. Furthermore, they are not all just compulsorily retired, some are dismissed and further recommended for prosecution as was done for the former CJ of Enugu and Auta of Kano. Again, it must be made clear that the the moment an erring or corrupt judge is eased out of the system by whatever means, he is open to prosecution so nothing has ever stopped any prosecutorial agency from bringing charges against those retired with full benefits according to you. You should now ask why the FG never prosecuted all the judges that have been dismissed from the inception of the NJC.

Once more thing, it is completely outside the statutory mandate of the DSS to be involved with this kind of matters with public officers so that bit of illegality sticks like a sore thumb and should not be swept under the carpet or disregarded merely as a means to an end. By the way, did u not read the allegations of the judges against Amaechi and Buhari? Why are u not calling for their suspension abi standing aside until those allegations are resolved? Are you not also 'supporting corruption'? Nonsense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by freeze001(f): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2016
Martins301:

Double post
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by chrisxxx(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

If there is no one to chair the NJC, they won't also have anyone to swear in a president on may 29 2019,Saraki will take over power for those days
Buhari is taking us somewhere.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by sabdaz: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2016
Omeokachie:
An attempt to unsurp the independence of the Judiciary. Gradually turn Buhari into a maximum ruler who controls and dictates to every arm of the government. Let due process prevail. Cutting corners and media trial will get the innocent punished for a crime not commited.

Well, so unfortunate but that's called collateral damage. We actually need dictatorship for a while. If police raids a place and take away everyone there even if there are innocent people amongst those taken away. Of they will release them, they will collect bribes. So, let's just pray we shouldn't be among the innocents.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2016
sabdaz:
Every Oct 1st should be d day we should be mourning and blaming the British Colonial masters that freed Nigeria as a nation. Now we are too old, too large, to be adopted. Some will say democracy is the best. No be human beings design this constitution. Think about it, is military a bad idea here coz as far as I'm concerned, as long as power keep changing hands in this democratic era, na same same. Even if the head has good intentions just like Buhari. Make the world support am for 2 months as a dictator
Good intentions? Trying to subvert popular electoral will through coercion of the judiciary is a good intention?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi: APC Is History, My Name Is Daniel, I Befriend & Subdue Lions- Dino Melaye / Ambode Has His Own Campaign Rice Now / FG Repaired $2.8m Ship With $18m –late Mbu’s Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.